The absolute lowest gear for chewbacca Tier 7 (includes strat)

Replies

• Hey is it possible with zam instead of dengar? My goal is just 5 star. Would appreciate you looking up at my collection.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/299857731/
  • Thanks mate! Your post sure helped me a lot.
    I was running the same lineup as yours but decided to beef them up a bit in the process, plus zetad Boba.
    Still with no luck after dozens of retries.
    After adjusting the mods in a similar fashion to yours and spending 3+ hours trying I was finally able to succeed :smile:
  • I did it!!!! G12 boba lead, g12 Bossk, gear 9 Dengar, g9 greedo, g9 cad!! Hells yeah! This strat made a world of difference! Thank you!
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    TheOddOne wrote: »
    Hey is it possible with zam instead of dengar? My goal is just 5 star. Would appreciate you looking up at my collection.

It is definitely possible, but the first thing is I see you have ZERO mods on any Bounty Hunters in your link! Definitely slap some mods, and at Tier 5 I would say boost their potency to about 200%. Greedo could also use that syringe and take him up to a new gear level for some survivibility.

With Zam, you want GREEDO to do before Zam and put some detonators so Zam could use her evasion down to inflict more detonators. It is also possible to use her basic to detonate some existing detonators. However in the long run I would recommend switching over to Dengar.

Also, Increase the damage output of boba as much as possible. At T5 the ideal situation for you right now is just use Boba to take them out one by one through execute. Buff his speed to around 230 and increase raw damage output. The enemies in T5 are less crazy and should be alright.
  • Thanks for the help, I will try it after TW locks so I can freely move mods. I have 91k power, Im not sure about the mods, I hope I can find enough potency. I have a few 6dot mods, but I can only apply on boba or greedo and they are speed mods. :'( Maybe greedo can use them.
  • Hi Guys !

Thanks to Aplus for your great effort.

Just to tell my experience, ( only for 5* )

Got him at 5* with:

85 zBossk G9 (+ 4 pieces ), Health Mods with Protection, about 65+Speed, one Omega, ability level 6-7
    85 Boba G9 ( + 4 pieces ), Health Mods with Protection, about 45+Speed, one Omega, ability level 6-7
    80 IG88 G10 ( + 1 piece ), Health Mods with Protection, about 25+Speed, no Omega, ability level 6-7
    80 Greedo G 9 ( + 0 piece ), Health Mods with Protection, about 30+Speed, no Omega, ability level 4-6
    80 Cad Bane G 8 ( + 2 pieces ), Health Mods with Protection, about 25+Speed, no Omega, ability level 4-6

Some look to Crit for Cad Bane, Greedo and IG 88

First 10 -15 times i was not able to clear more than 0-1 of the enemies, and thougt, ok...maybe next event.

Next i tried on auto, and won with 4 left, only Bossk died.
    ( I Think Bossks taunt and Greedos TDs were important )

Not to say i am cool ( or i am an bad player ;.) but that RNG ist unfortunatly extremly important at this event,
    and sometimes auto does well.

Just my 2 cents.
  • P.S. Boba and IG at 7* and Bossk, Greedo, Cad Bane at 5*
  • Aplus wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/p/488355697/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters
    Please help me! I want to 7* him so badly but am losing hope

There are three main problems I see. Greedo is too slow at 210 speed, I would recommend switching some of your better arena mods or your speed mods on ig88 to greedo to speed him up.

Secondly, the overall potency for your squad is only around 220% with ig88 severely lacking at 18%. If you check my mods you can see mine are running at 320% potency. The 100% dodference means 50% difference in maximum health. You need to equip more potency mods. Consider swapping out the speed mods on ig88 for a pure potency sets to maximize the teams health since ig88 is mostly cannon fodder.

Thirdly, the gear level of BOBA is at g11. This means the damage output is going to be lower than a g12 boba which I recommended. As such, you will need to boost his offense ALOT. However, you are currently not using any critical damage sets or offense sets on him, which means his execute will lose alot of power especially when handling Chewie. Definitely swap in some crit damage sets and offense sets. I would recommend staying AWAY from crit chance sets, since although they give higher crit chance, this is a thing you can BYPASS by good RNG. More runs= more chances with crit hits. You don’t really want to boost it real high just for convenience, especially considering your damage is comparatively low already.

Great stuff, thank you! Think I can get it done with those changes?
  • You sir, are an inspiration. Thank you so much for giving me the push I needed to complete 6*!! I'm not gonna go for 7* cos I know I'm just too far off though, but without this thread I wouldn't even have tried for this one.

Everyone's story is always gonna be a little unique, so here's mine:

Boba (L): G12 (zeta'd)
    '88: G10
    Zam: G9
    Dengar: G8
    Greedo: G8

All are 7*, with a spread of green/purple mods (I'm stingy, I know) and some of them even being 3-4* (for the speed). I'm really bad/lazy at mods so their average speeds are about 150-160. Total about 82k GP.

Tier 5 was an early stroke of luck: I followed the general strategy and was lucky enough to get a break and missile Chewie to death within my 5-6th tries. Half of them were alive at that point and I mopped up starting from Han and Leia and finally the rest.

Tier 6 was hell: I buffed my 'Hunters before knowing the steep curve I would face but was still unprepared for the sheer imbalanced odds: R2 has guaranteed stuns, Chewie somehow never crit on Dengar for his AOE and always went before R2 so half the time Dengar missed his stealth, R2 'purposely' skipping his smoke on the few times I did get Dengar to stealth up, Greedo having 5-6 chances to fire his primary and crit (he was ability-blocked) but NEVER fired a second time, Zam having 80% potency but hitting nothing but air with her dets...and not to mention the triple-dodges I kept getting. I swear the game was playing the numbers at the back, just for this event.

Worst of all was Boba's missile suddenly becoming useless at this point. It could go for 12k damage without crit (which he kept doing even with 40+% crit chance) to only 25k with crit, and this with all the buffs Chewie could possibly get and the 1, maybe 2 dets I managed to squeeze out from Greedo and Zam.

So after a long, mind-numbing grind I changed strategy slightly: restarted the moment R2 smoked without Dengar stopping him, or losing even one, or having Boba ability-blocked, or Zam or Greedo dead before they moved. 88 was the only piece I could afford to lose in the initial salvo. It all fell into place when (and only when!)
    1) every single one of them targeted Boba in the initial salvo,
    2) and then Boba neatly died and resurrected right after that,
    3) followed by Zam throwing and landing more than 2 dets (I think I got a 4, I can't remember)
    4) Greedo stole Han's TM and then managed to stay alive long enough to land some dets
    5) 88 somehow managed to escape attention long enough to AOE before dying.

The pivotal moment was somewhere in the middle of that - I wish I took a screenshot. Chewie didn't get a det on him and his protection was only down to 80% while Lando's was at 40% but he had a ton of debuffs on him. I took the chance and missile-d Lando instead. That gave Boba his wind and prot back but his hp was still yellow. After that I managed to land 2-3 dets on Chewie that somehow managed to kill him - I still don't understand that part: he had about 20% prot left.

After that was Zam's turn and with both Han and Leia det-ted (Han had 2!), suddenly the tables were turned. R2 gave us a fright at the end by refusing to die, but die he did, and now I'm still working through the adrenaline rush.

I have to say, without Bossk, it's only gonna be Boba or Dengar lead that'll save you, and I gambled heavily on Boba for the speed and hp boost. Definitely ignore the Contract bonus, and above all things, keep at it. Just make sure no one is within earshot.

Man. I wish CG wouldn't do this to us. I won't deny the rush at the end but it's really much more effort than it deserves. We shouldn't have to always expect to battle this much speed and Final Fantasy-level stats for every event that comes along these days.
  • Lumpawarump
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    THANK YOU. This was very helpful. It took me at least 300 tries, but I now have a 7* Chewie.

I used G12 Boba Lead, G12 Greedo, G12 Dengar, G12 IG88, and G10 Cad. No Zetas. Took a ton of RNG. I also put all three initial G12 pieces on Greedo (I use him in HSTR Phase 3, so I felt it would be worth it in the long run).

Thanks again, @Aplus!
  • Thank you! I made it in 3 hours! 4kbot30byfdf.png
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    THANK YOU. This was very helpful. It took me at least 300 tries, but I now have a 7* Chewie.

I used G12 Boba Lead, G12 Greedo, G12 Dengar, G12 IG88, and G10 Cad. No Zetas. Took a ton of RNG. I also put all three initial G12 pieces on Greedo (I use him in HSTR Phase 3, so I felt it would be worth it in the long run).

Thanks again, @Aplus!

That's great!
    Aplus wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/p/488355697/characters/?f=Bounty+Hunters
    Please help me! I want to 7* him so badly but am losing hope

There are three main problems I see. Greedo is too slow at 210 speed, I would recommend switching some of your better arena mods or your speed mods on ig88 to greedo to speed him up.

Secondly, the overall potency for your squad is only around 220% with ig88 severely lacking at 18%. If you check my mods you can see mine are running at 320% potency. The 100% dodference means 50% difference in maximum health. You need to equip more potency mods. Consider swapping out the speed mods on ig88 for a pure potency sets to maximize the teams health since ig88 is mostly cannon fodder.

Thirdly, the gear level of BOBA is at g11. This means the damage output is going to be lower than a g12 boba which I recommended. As such, you will need to boost his offense ALOT. However, you are currently not using any critical damage sets or offense sets on him, which means his execute will lose alot of power especially when handling Chewie. Definitely swap in some crit damage sets and offense sets. I would recommend staying AWAY from crit chance sets, since although they give higher crit chance, this is a thing you can BYPASS by good RNG. More runs= more chances with crit hits. You don’t really want to boost it real high just for convenience, especially considering your damage is comparatively low already.

Great stuff, thank you! Think I can get it done with those changes?

Yea I do hope so, if things don't line up just KEEP TRYING. The RNG in this event is way high.
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Aplus wrote: »
    Regarding Tip 1, I think it is safe to assume it is based off from Hoth Leia’s leadership which gives tm first time a rebel ally resist/ suffer a debuff, which also explains why it is difficult to land detonators on the enemy team sometimes.

Moreover, there is a FINE line of balance in dengars MINI MINE MAYHEM, since he GAINS tm from people evading his attack... I am sure my run had ONE enemy evading (highly possible to be r2 given smoke screen gives foresight) since my dengar gained around half a bar of tm, which in turn allowed me to call boba to assist on dengar basic faster.

Note: I know mini mine mayhem inflicts status based on critical hits, but it’s near impossible for enemies to have suffered 3 critical hit (obviously since han and leia are guarded and cant be critically hit while it’s near impossible to get all three crits on chewbacca lando and r2). Don’t bother triggering that effect.

A big shoutout to @Aplus. I don't know you, but you've just saved me a ton of pain from rewatching the cinematic.

Thanks alot man. Finally got my 7* following your strat. Good man.

Team no zetas:
    G12 boba,
    G12 dengar with omega mine mayhem, G11 Cad no omega,
    G11 Greedo,
    G11 Ig88.

Boba, dengar, cad and greedo I switched to arena mods.
  • I need to say thank you for OP, since only due to his/her help I've unlocked 7stars chewbacca.
    Here's my team:
    NO ZETA
    G12 BOBA (g12 item for more hp) - mod set up: critical dmg and chances (tenacity cross)
    G10 ig88 - mod set up: potency around 90%
    G10 cad bane - mod set up: potency around 90%
    G11 dengar - mod set up: potency around 60%
    G9 greedo - mod set up: speed around 235

I've tried for two nights in a row, making up to 500-600 tries.

Finally I've reached my goal in this way:
    1) Resist all initial strikes of the rebel team, with no ability block on greedo and boba
    2) Using Boba's missle, Greedo tmr and all the stuns on chewbacca.

In my opinion, having average mods with potency isn't enough, since I only occured a victory when succesfully stunning both chewbacca and han solo (after wookie's death).
    After han solo died, I still had boba, dengar and cad alive, and that was enough for me to win.

I honestly hated this event: too much rng dependancy even if I recognize I was under-equipped.
  • Hi Aplus

Thanks so much for taking the time & effort to do this, I'd basically given up on getting 7* Chewie this time around until I saw your post!

I've been trying a few hours on this now but don't seem to be getting anywhere near it, though I don't think I've hit 500 attempts yet my BH toons are a bit more powerful than the ones in your post. I seem to be way off on damage, would you mind taking a quick look at my set up & tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or if I just need to bear with it & keep going? Thanks again! https://swgoh.gg/squads/107444/
  • Thanks a lot for this great post.
    I got the Wookie 7* thanks to you!

I ran ZBoba(L) G12, Greedo, IG88 and Dengar G11 and Cad Bane G10
    I used CC/CD on Boba, potency/speed on Dengar and Greedo, full potency for 88 and Bane.

This is my favorite character from the movies so I wanted him badly!
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    If you made boba slower then the others, your execute would kill chewy out right and stop his assists.
  • I see quite a few posts mentioning that 88 is expendable. For me, he was the last man standing. If you can get 88 to survive after Han and Chewie are dead, you can use his AOE to spread Target Lock. When 88 attacks TL'd toons, he has extra damage towards them. Another advantage is that he has 50% evasion against them as well. It got to the point where 88 took out Leia, Lando, and R2 by himself, all thanks to the TL advantages. 88 was my ace in the hole, he could be yours too.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • I see quite a few posts mentioning that 88 is expendable. For me, he was the last man standing. If you can get 88 to survive after Han and Chewie are dead, you can use his AOE to spread Target Lock. When 88 attacks TL'd toons, he has extra damage towards them. Another advantage is that he has 50% evasion against them as well. It got to the point where 88 took out Leia, Lando, and R2 by himself, all thanks to the TL advantages. 88 was my ace in the hole, he could be yours too.

Okay that is 1 in a million rng though. That was great luck for you but to instruct others to plan on it wouldn't be fair. Without bossk he wont last long, and with bossk this event should be done in 1 or 2 tries.
  • This event is kicking my tail. Any thoughts on where specifically I should fix my current squad? Also, not sure which lead is better for this, Bossk or Boba

https://swgoh.gg/squads/91050/
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    This event is kicking my tail. Any thoughts on where specifically I should fix my current squad? Also, not sure which lead is better for this, Bossk or Boba

Stud 3099 - I'm not an expert, hence I'm asking the OP for help! But I have heard that using Bossk lead is the way to go for this event, the only reason I haven't is cos I haven't got him to 7* yet. Also consider changing mods around to give him more health/protection, he really isn't going to be a damage dealer. For Boba you will probably want to give him crit damage mods. The other toons seem a bit low gear but there's not much you can do about it now! Otherwise I think the general strategy if you have bossk is to take out Chewie first then the rest one at a time. The OP was more about how to beat this without Bossk
  • Zoneleech wrote: »
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    This event is kicking my tail. Any thoughts on where specifically I should fix my current squad? Also, not sure which lead is better for this, Bossk or Boba

Stud 3099 - I'm not an expert, hence I'm asking the OP for help! But I have heard that using Bossk lead is the way to go for this event, the only reason I haven't is cos I haven't got him to 7* yet. Also consider changing mods around to give him more health/protection, he really isn't going to be a damage dealer. For Boba you will probably want to give him crit damage mods. The other toons seem a bit low gear but there's not much you can do about it now! Otherwise I think the general strategy if you have bossk is to take out Chewie first then the rest one at a time. The OP was more about how to beat this without Bossk

You're right. Luckily, I was able to beat it if anyone reads this and is curious anyway

Boba went first but I decided to use basic on Chewie instead of executing away all the buffs. Then Bossk taunted and IG-88 followed up with AOE attack. Bossk then took an immediate turn and I did the assist attack on chewie which really stacked up the debuffs on chewie. Then I used the execute with Boba to finish him.

From there I went Han, Lando, Leia, and R2 who fell like dominoes.

Good luck everyone!
  • Thanks a lot.
    I got 7 star Chewbacca with G12 Boba lead, G11 Greedo, G11 Zam, G10 Dengar, and G11 Cad.
    Only Greedo got Zeta, for stunning Han, but turned out as total waste of Zetas. Should’ve read description more carefully. Forgot that Han couldn’t be stunned.
    Used my best Speed secondary Mods, and RNG blessed me.
    For me, the flow of the battle was slightly different. Zam survived initial onslaught and threw bombs. Boba didn’t lose resolve in initial onslaught, and Dengar threw bombs too IIRC. IG-88 is easier farm, but Zam is better than IG-88 for this team in every way IMO. Bombs fed enough TM. IIRC it was Dengar calling Zam to detonate bombs that killed Chewie.
    Kill order was Chewie, Han, ROLO, Lando, then R2 as you suggested. Zam&Cad&Greedo died while killing first three, and Dengar while killing the rest. Dengar’s Stun and assist helped a lot.
    Final match was Boba vs R2 as you mentioned. I wouldn’t have made it if Boba didn’t get BHResolve from killing Lando, as Boba got stunned and lost BHResolve during the final battle.
    Your post was of great help. Thank you.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    I see quite a few posts mentioning that 88 is expendable. For me, he was the last man standing. If you can get 88 to survive after Han and Chewie are dead, you can use his AOE to spread Target Lock. When 88 attacks TL'd toons, he has extra damage towards them. Another advantage is that he has 50% evasion against them as well. It got to the point where 88 took out Leia, Lando, and R2 by himself, all thanks to the TL advantages. 88 was my ace in the hole, he could be yours too.

Okay that is 1 in a million rng though. That was great luck for you but to instruct others to plan on it wouldn't be fair. Without bossk he wont last long, and with bossk this event should be done in 1 or 2 tries.

I wasn't instructing others to plan on 88 surviving and winning it for them. I was just stating that he's can bring some use to the team other than dying. This whole post is about completing it without Bossk, by the way.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Dramgon
    86 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    LOL I think the RNG Gods took pitty on me for all the other attempts at legendary events.

I just unlocked 7* Chewie with the following.

Lead - Bossk - Empty gear 12 (lead is zeta'ed - only one on whole team)
    Boba Fett - Gear 12
    Cad Bane - Gear 10 - half full
    Zam Wesell - Gear 9 - one piece shy of gear 10
    Dengar - Gear 8 - one piece shy of gear 9

Got very lucky with Dengar getting hit and blocking R2's Smoke Screen. Focused on Chewbacca first, all my stuns hit Chewebacca, and they missed Bossk a few times making it so he didn't get stunned.

Once Chewbacca fell, took out Han, Lando, Leia and finally R2.

I can't say I have GOD mod's but I did strip out all of the best sets from my PVP team to boost everyone as high as possible. Most were over 210 if I remember correctly.

Keep trying, like all other events it takes a decent team and a crap ton of luck. Anyone who says this event was easy and didn't have all G11 character or higher just got super lucky. I'm so tired of people saying its all skill when so many struggle with these events.
  • Maxed zboba lead g12
    Greedo 11
    Zam 11
    Dengar 11
    Cad 10

Just brute Force over and over.

You'll get there eventually
  • mt875249
    119 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I’m not gonna get 7* chewie. I’ve found that ahnald’s no zeta and no bossk is ****! I have higher potency than his and a zeta boba. Either there’s more to that ig-88 zeta he says doesn’t matter or he’s playing with higher stats than he showed! I’ve been lucky a couple times in 3 days and actually killed one opposing toon. See ya in 6 months OT chewie! Good luck everyone else!
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    Zoneleech wrote: »
    Hi Aplus

Thanks so much for taking the time & effort to do this, I'd basically given up on getting 7* Chewie this time around until I saw your post!

I've been trying a few hours on this now but don't seem to be getting anywhere near it, though I don't think I've hit 500 attempts yet my BH toons are a bit more powerful than the ones in your post. I seem to be way off on damage, would you mind taking a quick look at my set up & tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or if I just need to bear with it & keep going? Thanks again! https://swgoh.gg/squads/107444/

Unfortunately I don’t see much to improve, arguably perhaps raise dengar to g10? Also if you can retain that speed try switching out some protection primary mods for health primary mods since you are buffing them in that way. Triangles on greedo/ig/dengar/cad can also be health mods if possible.
    Stud3099 wrote: »

Either is great imo, but you have a zeta on bossk so I would say bossk is great. However the speed on greedo and Dengar is AWFUL! At least buff them up to 200 speed. Don’t care too much potency mods. Instead throw in some protection if possible to maintain that max health as long as possible for the additional defense from bossk zeta lead.
  • Aplus wrote: »
    TheOddOne wrote: »
    Hey is it possible with zam instead of dengar? My goal is just 5 star. Would appreciate you looking up at my collection.

It is definitely possible, but the first thing is I see you have ZERO mods on any Bounty Hunters in your link! Definitely slap some mods, and at Tier 5 I would say boost their potency to about 200%. Greedo could also use that syringe and take him up to a new gear level for some survivibility.

With Zam, you want GREEDO to do before Zam and put some detonators so Zam could use her evasion down to inflict more detonators. It is also possible to use her basic to detonate some existing detonators. However in the long run I would recommend switching over to Dengar.

Also, Increase the damage output of boba as much as possible. At T5 the ideal situation for you right now is just use Boba to take them out one by one through execute. Buff his speed to around 230 and increase raw damage output. The enemies in T5 are less crazy and should be alright.

Man you are just the best. I've created account here just to get some help. Most of my legendary characters have been done the budget way (even lower than in threads sometimes). Earlier I tried with my arena sets, but when I payed a lot more attention to mods I did it. It actually wasn't as many tries ( 3 or 4?) I think choosing the mods took longer. It was kind of funny tho when greedo was like 5 or 6 shots in one turn kill r2 (allowed me to attack stealthed).
  • I just want to add my thanks.

I got my 7* Chewie last night using this strategy using g12 Boba (with zeta), g11 Dengar, g11 Greedo, g11 Cad and g9 Zam.

I had previously used my g11 IG88, but replaced him with Zam after reading this.