NS Zombie g10 Unique is too easy to take advantage of

I think that the NS faction has been seriously compromised by the NS Zombie changes.

It comes down to two things: The fact that NS Zombie only clears the stacks of -50% speed IF she dies from the "effect" of the unique (another NS dieing); And the fact that even if Zombie gets 100% turn meter, she still can't take a turn, meaning that there is no other way to get rid of the speed debuffs.

So, to beat NS, you only have to speed kill Zombie twice, making it useless, and then whenever you are about to kill another NS, do it with an AoE attack. That way Zombie dies and revives WITH THE -100% SPEED DEBUFFS since she didn't die from the "effect" of the unique. Zombie remains useless throughout the entire match. Well done.

So there is a very simple way to work around the supposedly well-thought-out changes to Zombie. As a result, the whole NS faction is significantly worse off than before, and refunding the Daka zeta is not nearly enough to compensate.

I would suggest refunding ALL NS zetas so that players that invested in the faction can decide whether to reinvest or not. What has CG to lose? If they are right, people will reinvest in NS and nothing will have changed. If the players are right in seeing the "new NS" as being significantly worse than before the changes, then the zetas will go elsewhere.

... I don't know why they didn't just leave it as it was. It's not like paper zombie was breaking the game or something

Replies

• Night sisters have moved back into the top ranks in my arena
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Night sisters have moved back into the top ranks in my arena

Same for my shard. And I have not won a single battle vs NS after their rework. I was whiping the floor with them with my Palp team prior to the changes...
    I also have doubts if that strategy from the OP is reliable enough...

Currently it is like facing 7 NSs, because you have to kill a NS twice before you can actually take care of the Zombie. And once you have done that plague has already taken care of your squad...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Surprise surprise, if you kill the tank, it becomes useless. You know, it's kinda the whole point of tanks, to get attacked and killed first. And in the case of Zombie, you have to kill her twice and be careful with your attacks afterwards, I would say that it is much more than what your average tank can do...
    As a side note, how are troopers doing now? They should be happy about the double deaths, right?
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    People complaining about the zombie rework are not very good at this game
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Surprise surprise, if you kill the tank, it becomes useless. You know, it's kinda the whole point of tanks, to get attacked and killed first. And in the case of Zombie, you have to kill her twice and be careful with your attacks afterwards, I would say that it is much more than what your average tank can do...
    As a side note, how are troopers doing now? They should be happy about the double deaths, right?

Yeah I run trooper's. I still auto the battle more NS the better
  • KI cant play the new NS system...what point in having a useless def? Except a few combos like Traya and some others who play on timeout basically nothing will loose unless you way under-gear the other teams. I beated 120k teams with 70k ns..had half the speed...zimp, jtr, whatever it just got folded together. Useless system of no competition (same as TW matchmaking).
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Yeah I run trooper's. I still auto the battle more NS the better

True. Still easy win with them.
  • Cyclonick wrote: »
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Night sisters have moved back into the top ranks in my arena

Same for my shard. And I have not won a single battle vs NS after their rework. I was whiping the floor with them with my Palp team prior to the changes...
    I also have doubts if that strategy from the OP is reliable enough...

Last time I used Palp I managed to beat a g12 NS team without zombie's unique coming into play once. Palp teams have various ways of not triggering zombie's unique:

Deaths from the Combo of Shock+DoTs
    Annihilate
    AoE kills

It takes a bit of time and thought to set up so I've found the key is to keep Talzin fractured and use the combo of drain force & ability block on the others to minimise the amount of plagues that get applied
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Just buffed them to introduce big counter. Nothing else...

KI sucks big thats why they made insane leaderships to get around this lack. Apparently they forgot to include inside stats like tenacity, potency, crit etc be relevant as the system just is against you. Thats all the skill involved in swgoh ki...you -25% stats, opponent +25%...and they just pick semi randomly what to do. Only op leads like traya, bastila etc will block out certain combos to work at all against them (mostly self destroying themself or the full kit not working).

*Spoiler*
    GG destroys the nightsisters