The Chewie event was tuned easy and anybody who disagrees is wrong.

Replies

• LastJedi13 wrote: »
    LastJedi13 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I know RNG plays a big part but if you've put in the time to put together a good BH team (zBoosk & Boba G12, Zam, IG, Greedo G11) you should not be at the mercy of RNG only. I shouldn't need everything to fall exactly perfect and in the proper order to finish this. I came close yesterday but the only reason was because Greedo hit R2 then Chewie with 6 consecutive critical hits each, taking them both out. I got down to Han and Leia with Bossk, Boba and Greedo left and still got taken out. I'll never get that luck again. I've probably tried 75-100 times since then and only one attempt did I take out 1 toon. Call me a complainer, that's fine. But it really infuriates me that people are completing this with way lesser toons.

Switch to Boba lead and follow the guidelines from the minimum required to clear post. 350% plus squad potency. 220 speed Greedo with CC and Speed on Dengar and Boba use the kill order presented. You should clear it in 4 or 5 tries with your toons. If you are trying this event without dengar you are lost. I've seen g7 dengars clear this thing.

I've seen the videos on Youtube. I only have a 5* Dengar. I've tried Boba lead with all potency. Still couldn't do it. zbossk lead gives me the best chance. You shouldn't be sunk if you are missing one toon. G7 Dengar? That's where RNG has it's place, luck that he doesn't get taken out immediately. At times my G11 toons get taken out before they can do anything. I will be working on Dengar if I do not finish this but there shouldn't be one toon that will make or break the event.

IMO if you only have a 5* dengar then you aren't at the GP where you deserve a 7* chewie. Most toons you should have now through osmosis. For example I don't remember farming an single clone other than Rex yet I have them all 7*. Somewhere along the line I got Dengar to 7* though I had never used him before. I geared him for this event. If your problem is that you don't have a toon that has been out for I don't know how long, it's okay that this event is too difficult for you. It's not like they asked for 3 tuskens ugnaught and lobot. They asked for toons you should have obtained a long time ago by accident.

LOL, ok buddy. Dengar is only farmable through the guild store or using crystals. Your comment would suggest you just happen to get shards unknowingly . You get clone shards through galactic war and if you have played long enough you'd get enough shards. I had enough BH toons and decided to use guild currency to help with the gear grind. Dengar was one of those toons you could do without, until now.

Regardless, it is no one else's fault that you chose gear over dengar. I'm not even saying it's a wrong choice. But the event happens to be tuned where dengar is good. It really isn't too surprising, dengar is one of the better older bhs.

He's been out long enough, it is clearly not a cash grab. With a little focus, you can gear him and be ready next time.

My plan is to get him to 7* and geared before next time Chewie lands if I do not complete it this time but that's not the point. There are 10 BHs (albeit some are not farmable) and any 5 are required. It shouldn't be that there is just 1 of 10 that if you dont have him you're screwed.

Any time that there are more than 5 toons available, some will be better at an event than others. The alternative is to req a specific 5 toons which takes away the ability to even have a shot at it if you don't have the specific toon.

I can see being mad, if the event was near impossible without jango because he dropped a week before the event and is still behind a paywall. But that isn't the case here.

Well, I guess 300 times was the charm. finally beat it and three starred it to boot.
  • guys, BH have been a priority in ds TB forever. in TW, they are an incredibly effective team. we had notice we would need BH's. There were 3 other new BH toons that were released as well, not including bosk, all leading to speculation that the BHs would be needed. Boba once was meta, has a great ship, no excuse not to have geared him either, unless you are an early player ... in which case, should the expectation be that all new players also get 7* chewie?

also, unless you are farming/gearing sith/jedi, the BHs are incredibly useful for sith raid as well

Bosk was farmable and obtainable at 7 stars as FTP as well. I did this myself b/c he is awesome in mult areas and now also has an incredible ship even at low stars.

the original 5 have been ftp for a very long time. when Dengar came out in guild shipments, he was thought to be a key to the Rancor solo, showing how long ago he was available.

some events are allowed to be "very difficult" at 7 star. if you have 5* BH's at low gear, I would expect that to get a 6* or 7* legendary would be difficult or impossible, not everybody should have an easy time. Frankly, it would not seem unreasonable for a legendary toon to need some zetas/g12 to accomplish, and this event does not even need that

I still compare these to the the GMY initial event...that was much harder and I seem to remember more talk of strategy and less complaining. although I cant remember if his event came out more frequently

• Bullocks ...

I'm past 250 tries so far with G12 zBossk, G12 Boba, G11 IG-88, G10 Dengar and G9 Greedo.
    I've tried every thinkable combination of mods. Speed, Potency, protection, crit chance, tenacity, whatever.

And in those many, many attempts I have killed Chewie ONCE with only Boba left standing, before Han one shot him twice to kill him off.

This is by no means an easy event. And insanely dependant on excellent RNG.
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    Bullocks ...

I'm past 250 tries so far with G12 zBossk, G12 Boba, G11 IG-88, G10 Dengar and G9 Greedo.
    I've tried every thinkable combination of mods. Speed, Potency, protection, crit chance, tenacity, whatever.

And in those many, many attempts I have killed Chewie ONCE with only Boba left standing, before Han one shot him twice to kill him off.

No, you are just doing it wrong. If you follow the guide alpus wrote but use bossk instead of cad you will clear it in 4 or 5 tries.

So far all you have done is many iterations of failed strategy. There is no excuse to fail on this thing with bossk.

I've coached 15 or so people through this event now. Most had a lot less than you're working with.
    Bullocks ...

No offense but you must be doing something wrong with strategy. Assuming modding to be somewhat tanky, you should be surviving the opening salvo fairly frequently with 4 or 5 bhs. I did it in a lot less tries than that with less gear than that.

A couple of tips.

If you have another 7 star bh, replace 88 with them. 88 is just too squishy. I replaced my g11 88 with g9 cad and did better.

Avoid aoes. They counter and kill you. I know they heal you but it doesn't really help.

Now the strategy I used was wait for a run where chewie was un stealthed. Use bossk to taunt first. Use boba to execute chewie. That should be enough to knock off most of his protection assuming your g12 fett has some crit dmg on him.

Then bossk gets another turn because of frenzy. Use his middle special on chewie. If your greedo is modded for crit chance. You can get lucky and he may keep shooting until dead. If not just use basics to finish him.

After that kill leia for the contract or han to get rid of him. I killed leia first but up to you. Then it's pretty easy.
    Bullocks ...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183471/the-absolute-lowest-gear-for-chewbacca-tier-7-includes-strat/p1

here follow this with bossk in there for either 88 or cad and go clear the event
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    {EA_Lanna: Quote removed}

Anybody who beat this event without Bossk should be thanking the devs for making that possible.

• This might be the most insane statement I've ever heard on this forum. If this was easy, I cannot even imagine what difficult would be. The OP is either trolling or seriously unreasonable and I'm using this word because I don't want to say anything else and get banned.

Boba doesn't revive at will dude.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    The Chewie event was tuned easy and anybody who disagrees is wrong.

5SBvY2D.gif
    ccl5ohzibgy7.png

Lol check those toon levels.

Man i exagerated with the 3 pieces on dengar (but i love him, si he deserved them) but i did it with "only" 2 champs... this event is not impossible, is challenging
    Bullocks ...

@krjstoff I was able to do it with less. The key for me (with the same team but lower gear) was to get a run where no one died on the opening hit and R2 didn't stealth everyone. With that, my Boba went first and I used Basic on Chewie. Then Bossk went and I taunted. Then IG-88 went and I used AOE. Bossk get full TM due to IG special so I used assist attack on Chewie. Boba went next and executed the large amounts of buffs and debuffs on chewie to finish him. The others fell like dominoes but I went Han, Lando, Leia, R2.

Good luck!
  • OP is wrong in every way. This event is terribly balanced and inconsistent for gear requirements of other Legendary events. Also, in the cutscene YOU surprise attack THEM so why do they each get 3 turns before your team gets a chance to go? If anything, the player should start with a team at full TM and the AI at 0. Also, if Greedo shot first AS IS CANON then he should ALWAYS go before Han. This event is just screwed up on every single level possible so CG can get people to pay for Chewie. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    OP is wrong in every way. This event is terribly balanced and inconsistent for gear requirements of other Legendary events. Also, in the cutscene YOU surprise attack THEM so why do they each get 3 turns before your team gets a chance to go? If anything, the player should start with a team at full TM and the AI at 0. Also, if Greedo shot first AS IS CANON then he should ALWAYS go before Han. This event is just screwed up on every single level possible so CG can get people to pay for Chewie. Absolutely ridiculous.

We are playing in the disney universe. In this one Han shot first.

• OP is wrong in every way. This event is terribly balanced and inconsistent for gear requirements of other Legendary events. Also, in the cutscene YOU surprise attack THEM so why do they each get 3 turns before your team gets a chance to go? If anything, the player should start with a team at full TM and the AI at 0. Also, if Greedo shot first AS IS CANON then he should ALWAYS go before Han. This event is just screwed up on every single level possible so CG can get people to pay for Chewie. Absolutely ridiculous.

You had me right up until the greedo shot first part..... Sacrilege....
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Also, if Greedo shot first AS IS CANON then he should ALWAYS go before Han.

If greedo shot first he'd miss at point blank range, so where does that leave us?
  • I hope they make the next event actually difficult. Like you need G12 Qira VC Enfy L3 YH difficult.

This boba and dengar near g12 and any three add in BH is not that high of a bar to set.
  • Anyone who claims the event is easy is frankly a liar or has a full team of G12+ geared BH (though honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it still took a touch of rng help with that, the Chewie squad hits very hard.)

Glad I got it done with, but I'm with some of the earlier posters. There was no glee/joy from it. Just relief that that it was over. I cringe thinking of the mythic version of this event.
  • thatguy181 wrote: »
    Anyone who claims the event is easy is frankly a liar or has a full team of G12+ geared BH (though honestly it wouldn't surprise me if it still took a touch of rng help with that, the Chewie squad hits very hard.)

Glad I got it done with, but I'm with some of the earlier posters. There was no glee/joy from it. Just relief that that it was over. I cringe thinking of the mythic version of this event.

I had neither I just had some really good mods an ingenuity. But I've also coached some people through this event that had no business unlocking a chewie and they did it fine. There was one guy who could only make two mods sets above 80 speed who clocked the event in like 20 minutes with g8 to g11 hunters no bossk. So obviously there is a little rng to the event but it is doable for everybody
  • Easy or hard are relative terms. It really depends a lot on how well you geared and modded your team, which bhs you decided to farm, and how well you strategize.

I farmed bossk, geared my bhs moderately, and figured out modding and strategy somewhat quickly. (7 star on day 1). I could have done it with lower gear but since bhs are good in tb, tw, hstr, and several events that are specifically for them, over gearing isn't a waste. So I went with asmuch gear as I could and farmed bossk for it (completely ftp) since it is better to farm a good team and have it be easy than to spend hours or days waiting on amazing rng in my opinion.

I would rate the difficulty at moderate. If it were hard for me, I would have had to spend the rest of the week piling on gear to neat it in time. If it were easy, I wouldn't have had to move mods around or spend some time figuring out the mechanics (probably about 3hrs between modding and retries but I didn't keep a timer or track resets).

But moderately difficult for me can be easy for someone who has all g12+ bhs or really hard for someone who waited tofarm and gear bhs until now. So it is a relative term and both can be right.

I personally think the level of difficulty was fine. It wasn't like you didn't need bhs for other things or have the opportunity to farm them.
  • For people who just want to unlock him, this event was easier than I originally thought.
    I have all GL9 7* Bossk, BF, Greedo, Dengar, and Cad Bane. I had a bunch of gear, credits, and a zeta saved up to just in case. I used just about everything but the zeta and managed to finally get the 5* with my arena mods.
    I felt great just unlocking him. But I would have felt super spitty if I had not at least tried for 6*. I reworked my mods a bit to focus. I put a bunch into Cad Bane that I had not anticipated (leaving higher GP IG88 on the bench) and low and behold, I was able to get the 6*.
    7* is a pipe dream at this point, and I believed the zeta on Bossk wouldn't tilt it for me, so I saved it.
    All in all, 6* is very attainable with good mods and strategy. 7* is hard, and clearly the higher gear levels are needed.
    I was peeved at first, but now I am satisfied. I will be ready for the 7* next time around.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    This event gave me nausea.
    Hopefully I cleared it.
    Still a bit sick though.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Bossk lead seemed much easier than Boba Lead, I tried both... what actually seals the deal for me was a bit of Luck with Greedo shooting Chewbacca 5x times in a row. Load his crit chance up and hope for the best of luck, could work with or without Bossk, if Greed gets supper lucky he can just take Chewbacca down, and then you clean up the rest easy peasy... but the first part is a combo of good modding and luck.
  • Member5973
    127 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    OP is wrong in every way. This event is terribly balanced and inconsistent for gear requirements of other Legendary events. Also, in the cutscene YOU surprise attack THEM so why do they each get 3 turns before your team gets a chance to go? If anything, the player should start with a team at full TM and the AI at 0. Also, if Greedo shot first AS IS CANON then he should ALWAYS go before Han. This event is just screwed up on every single level possible so CG can get people to pay for Chewie. Absolutely ridiculous.

I thought: well, if these were real bounty hunters they would shoot them in the back.

Edited to remove swearing shorthand. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • I completed tiers 1-4 with rubbish mods and two lvl 1 BH.... but with thrawn you could 7* him with G8 phoenix.... try that with chewie :D.. You also really need bossk and dengar otherwise its not easy at all even at g11/12. I think its great that it is a challenge to get to 7* and plenty of people have done so.
  • I unlocked Chewbe 7* with Boba lead g12, dengar cad greedo and zam g11, no z whatsoever, just set up the right mod composition( full potency set with potency cross) and try until rng turn your way.
    Full F2p, if you need to spend money for this event either you are a young player(and legendaries aren't meant for young player) or you made wrong farming decision in the past.
    BH were already needed for DSTB, so not having at least 5 of them at 7* was already a mistake. Before the events kicked in my cad, dengar and zam were g8. After t6( yes, i unlocked the 6th stars with those 3 at g8) i used my saved gear to bump 'em up, swapped mods and started to try seriously. 2/3 hours of tries and it was done.
    So stop complaining about how hard or wrong this event is, it's probably the most f2p friendly legenday event ever.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Rayley wrote: »
    it's probably the most f2p friendly legenday event ever.

I didn't even have to spend a single (ingame earned) crystal to get 7* chewie. Can't say the same for thrawn and JTR. For both i needed to use hoarded crystals, without using those i wouldn't have gotten them 7* the first go around.
  • Boov wrote: »

I didn't even have to spend a single (ingame earned) crystal to get 7* chewie. Can't say the same for thrawn and JTR. For both i needed to use hoarded crystals, without using those i wouldn't have gotten them 7* the first go around.

This says it best. I can’t remember if I 7* Thrawn right away. I did not unlock BB-8 or RJT right away. For this one it was a walk in the park.
  • I got 6* without Dengar or Bossk.
    Ill get 7* next time its around by subbing in Bossk and Dengar for IG and either Cad or Sam.

The event was built to be easier with certain teams, like most events. Try the Ewok assault battle without SnowT and many complain its impossible, add snowy to the empire and all of a sudden its a piece of cake.
    I imagine next time chewie is up there will be f2p Jango 7* out there that will really help. Maybe even an Aurra Sing lead with Fetts, Dengar and Bossk.
    Aurra lead gives stealth = no counters, Dengar prevents opponent stealth when stealthed = no stealths.

My issue right now is still hard node burnout for new toons(idea add Sing to GW store or Cantina store) and all toons needing the same gear, plus nodes giving out useless gear(like eyeball(biotech implant salvage) challenge gear instead of the the non-challenge gear prototype.
    No issue with the chewie event, although any rebel starting with full TM other then Han when surprised does seem odd given the cut scene.
    Boov wrote: »

This says it best. I can’t remember if I 7* Thrawn right away. I did not unlock BB-8 or RJT right away. For this one it was a walk in the park.

The OP here thinks that, "took me about half an hour to 7* him" is 'easy' because he's both gloating and trolling.

I followed APlus' guide and had the exact same team using the same mod setup as him. Not one time did the RNG follow through for me the way it did for me.

It comes down to RNG, even for some if they had Bossk for lead it still gave them rubbish RNG a few times. There were times I'd make one move and Chewie would get two moves (not bonus attacks) before I got to take another turn even with my speed being over 200. There were times Han moved twice (not bonus attacks) before I got to move again.

And I 3*'d the 7* Thrawn tier with my gear 8 Phoenix squad. The 5* level for Chewie was tougher than the 7* for Thrawn.

By the next time this event rolls around I'll have 7* Bossk and walk through it. Hopefully they'll fix the glitches that happened benefiting the AI for next time though. Oh, and of course stop that stupid cut scene from playing every single time.