Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• Did it on both my main and alt w/o Bossk. Boba, Cad, Greedo, Dengar, IG88 for both teams.

Putting a zeta on G12 Boba did it for both my teams.

Boba modded for CC and CD, the rest Potency w/ a lot of Protection primaries...Greedo had to survive that opening volley.

Lots of restarts where R2 smokescreened the team, or Greedo got wiped. But once Chewie, and then Han go down, the rest fall relatively easy. Once had R2 left, but vs. Dengar (pre-zeta Boba)---that didn't turn out in my favor.

Took my main team ~200 tries to finally get it. My alt did it in ~10 due to all the lessons I learned from my main.

Good luck---it's doable.
  • MistahShowtime
    68 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I don't know who tuned the difficulty for this event but it's not fun. Maybe they enjoy getting curb stomped for a week straight struggling against tier 7 but I do not. Also, making us watch the cutscene every time we restart is incredibly STUPID. Just give me a restart button in the menu to immediately load back in instead of having to quit out, click battle, watch the cutscene, and waste more time trying to get back in the event than actually playing it.
  • First, i'd like to thank EA/CG for a challenging event, however I am no fan of putting mythic ideals on a legendary battle to earn a character. It sets a precedence. I really hope the juice is worth the squeeze, by squeeze I mean the hours and $500 spent on gearing Bounty Hunter toons. Most I've spent at one time, never to be done again.

The toons that I used are:
    -Boba Fett (L) and Greedo (higher speed than Boba) both modded for Crit Chance, Crit Damage (216% CD on both)
    -Dengar, IG-88, and Cad all modded for potency (100%+ on each)
    infokxocolyu.jpg

The start of the match is HUGE. What I looked for was:
    -Dengar to stealth so R2 cannot stealth
    -Boba, Dengar, Greedo survive onslaught. Used IG-88 and Cad as fodder. If Cad survived, stun Chewie.

My actions in order:
    -IG-88 did not survive
    -Used Greedo to remove TM from Han.
    -Boba execute Chewie
    -Greedo basic crit hit Chewie 4 or 5 times, Chewie go bye bye
    -Dengar grenades, full TM, stun Han
    -Cad basic on ROLO
    -Boba basic on Han, double tap, Han go bye bye, payout earned
    -Ran health down on ROLO and Lando, execute with Boba to regain resolve
    -Didn't touch R2 until everyone else was dead. Ended match with Boba, Dengar, and Greedo alive.

YES, THE REACTION AHNALD GAVE WAS REAL, HAPPENED TO ME ALSO!
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • to be honest this event is INSANELY DIFFICULT. even if i do get the character (i hope). my feedback to this event is about its level of difficulty. this is not fun anymore, and even for those people i know who were able to get 7* Chewbacca it was never fun for them to go thru this event
  • FREEDOMfrom
    474 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I think the difficulty is fine. I like a challenge. And this is coming from someone who can barely get 2 turns in on tier 5. And they were very obvious that this was going to be a "very/extremely difficult event"
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I think the difficulty is fine. I like a challenge. And this is coming from someone who can barely get 2 turns in on tier 5. And they were very obvious that this was going to be a "very/extremely difficult event"

Except, that's not how any of the previous legendary events worked. But whatever.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • My big problem , not that other lower geared people got him to 7* and I don’t , good for them , but the fact that it’s 95%+ RNG dependent not skills , strategy or preparation ...( for the most part) is jus STUPID.
    There’s is a difference between challenging and plain stupid based on luck (RNG) , and no event like this should take 2+ hours to get lucky enough to get it , it completely kills any fun out of it.
    Like the feeling in a Raid that after preparation and strategy and a lot of work you feel fulfilled after completing it for the first time , it feels like a accomplishment , but most people after hours and hours if they finally got it they were frustrated and said ...finally I got this $&@&$@..and should never be the case in any event or any game for that matter.
    If they are trying to make Legendary events extremely hard to get the 7* that you need all G12 toons with good Mods to get it ... that’s different and more reasonable to me but that’s it the case here since people with low gear got him.( if by any chance you work for CG and read this... please ignore that part that said “ all G12 good Mods “please don’t )
    And to add insult to the injury we have to re-watch the cinematic , that is awesome the first few times but after a gazillion time you just hate that you HAVE to watch that and can’t skip it....

Stupidity done in my opinion, I just hope future event are not designed like this, challenging yes please , stupidly RNG can’t skip video, please don’t .. ever.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    This event becomes good once you have cleared it.

I know it’s weird.
  • 6-STAR CHEWIE NO BOSSK OR PTP CHARS:

Ok I got him 5 stars with ZBossk, g11 boba, g11 ig88, g9 greedo, and g9 dengar.

THEN I got him to 6 stars after many grueling attempts with Boba-lead, ig88, greedo, dengar, and g-8 zam. Took about a half hour.

KEY IS: Mod for potency to increase max health under boba lead. Dengar under stealth prevents R2 from stealthing. Attack chewie first!! Try to execute chewie and make sure to mod ig 88 and boba with crit dmg/chance sets. Zam is for stacking thermals to increase speed under boba lead and using her basic as a minor version of execute. If RNG is on your side, take chewie out and then kill Han. Try to stun him with dengar special to prevent counter. Under contract, Greedo counter combined with dengar assist can actually deal out crazy damage. I won with only zam, greedo, and dengar standing. It seemed like a fluke but really it was statistics. Good luck!
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    Dear CG, please make 2000 speed (yes, 2000) enemies for the next event. Thank you.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Anyone one else see the cut scene 1200 times... (3 g12 and 2 g11 and ridiculously mods not the ideal characters but still...)
  • It seems they either programmed it into the AI, or the AI knows that Greedo could be a huge threat. 95% of the tries I attempt, Greedo gets targeted and dies immediately. IG88 is flimsier and a good portion of those times he survives.

Chewie some how seems to take a second turn sometimes as if he's getting turn meter from somewhere, but I'm not throwing AoEs or debuffs out.

If I use execute on Chewie with 2 buffs on him, it hits for 40K, but if I hit when he's got 4 buffs on him, it his for 52K. (216% crit damage on G12 boba with bayonet) Somewhere that math just doesn't make sense. He also seems to have stupidly high evasion level sometimes, like dodge 2-3 attacks in a row.

That cut scene seriously needs to go. Whoever forgot to have that switch off after your first attempt needs to be locked in a room listening to Sinead O'Connor sing for about 5 hours straight. By the way, the cut scene from when it starts to when you are actually seeing action taken is 20 seconds. I watched it so much I decided to time it to see how much time is wasted every attempt. lol
  • zegene wrote: »
    Dear CG, please make 2000 speed (yes, 2000) enemies for the next event. Thank you.
    This difficulty is not fake enough. We need it faker.
  • Jouh
    64 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Agree the cut screen need to go. In fact this event so difficult, that they should now introduce a press once reset button so we can keep rolling it again and again.

For those who said is not RNG dependent, ask Ahnald and Mobilegamer who roll 1 x good run after they spend hours On it.

Is not fun seeing 2 of yr G11 toons killed before even taking a turn. If the toon is so OP and insanely fast, then at least the enemy should start from no turn meter.

1 shot kill on G11 Car Bane and IG88 makes me think if their gear rework is just ceremonial and build for ships like geo.

is fine to gear up your toon to achieve the difficulty of the challenge. Is different when u make it so RNG dependent giving full turn meter advantage to it.

Post edited by Jouh on
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    It seems they either programmed it into the AI, or the AI knows that Greedo could be a huge threat. 95% of the tries I attempt, Greedo gets targeted and dies immediately. IG88 is flimsier and a good portion of those times he survives.

Chewie some how seems to take a second turn sometimes as if he's getting turn meter from somewhere, but I'm not throwing AoEs or debuffs out.

If I use execute on Chewie with 2 buffs on him, it hits for 40K, but if I hit when he's got 4 buffs on him, it his for 52K. (216% crit damage on G12 boba with bayonet) Somewhere that math just doesn't make sense. He also seems to have stupidly high evasion level sometimes, like dodge 2-3 attacks in a row.

That cut scene seriously needs to go. Whoever forgot to have that switch off after your first attempt needs to be locked in a room listening to Sinead O'Connor sing for about 5 hours straight. By the way, the cut scene from when it starts to when you are actually seeing action taken is 20 seconds. I watched it so much I decided to time it to see how much time is wasted every attempt. lol

What I think would reduce a lot of frustration with this event, besides toning down the ridiculous rng and fixing the TD causing CA to cleanse debuffs bug, is the ability to retreat immediately if something goes wrong rather than having to wait for our turn. Heck, it doesn't even have to be a retreat button, let us restart it. Something! And turning off the cutscene after the first attempt.
  • Jouh
    64 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Hope CG will relook into it. They had been listening so far.
  • Armyofone wrote: »
    Anyone one else see the cut scene 1200 times... (3 g12 and 2 g11 and ridiculously mods not the ideal characters but still...)

That's a good point. CG, can you please make the cut scene a one time thing?
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Love all of the sarcasm..... rip my hopes of getting chewy
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Chewie event came back around, and it's still ridiculously difficult.

I spent a lot of time gearing up my BH team to be ready for this event. Everyone is 7*, full zetas, G11&12. Bossk is fully loaded with G12+. My team power is well over 100k. Yet, I can't stay in the fight long enough for a second turn. I've tried about 20 times now, and I get completely mopped every time. In one of the fights, I was able to take out Lando. Otherwise, I've yet to kill any of the Rebels toons. Let that sink in for a minute.

This is not fun at all, it's just maddening. If I knew then what I knew now, I wouldn't have bothered at all. All the resources that I invested in my BH team were a complete waste. They would have been better used on Old Republic or Jedi characters. I gave up building OR characters and missed the Revan event because I wanted my BH team to be as ready as possible for a character that seems nearly impossible to unlock. I could have had a fully geared OR team + JK Revan instead.

This event is COMPLETELY out of line, difficulty wise, with EVERY legendary event thus far.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Armyofone wrote: »
    Anyone one else see the cut scene 1200 times... (3 g12 and 2 g11 and ridiculously mods not the ideal characters but still...)

That's a good point. CG, can you please make the cut scene a one time thing?

Thread necro'd, but at least they did this for everyone who didn't get a 7* Chewie last time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This event is just dumb. I'm getting tired of CG and their lazy development of pre loading turn meter and then you have to hope rng smiles on you to get a chance to even have some sort of shot at the event. Every single run I've tried is the same. Bossk stunned on opener, R2 stealths the enemy team. That is already game over because usually by the time Bossk gets out of stun I've lost at least 1 character and Chewie is in stealth so there is no way you have a chance to win. This entire event just makes me not even want to play the game any more.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    You need Dengar.
  • I'm with you Fumanchu...I have G12's and G11's, but no Dengar, so even my zBossk leadership isn't cutting it. I got RNG once and had Bossk v. R2 at the bitter end and R2 killed Bossk...nothing I could do. Otherwise, it's my team getting wiped out to start every attempt...attempt #2,000 upcoming...
  • Oh so the obvious answer is that their **** development is ok as long as you have 1 specific character to counter part of their **** design.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Fumanchu wrote: »
    Oh so the obvious answer is that their **** development is ok as long as you have 1 specific character to counter part of their **** design.

Were you playing 3 months ago?

Nothing has changed.
  • Yeah but I didn't have 5 7* BH then. Now I've got 2 G12, 2 G11 and a G9 and I get wrecked every time because of **** design. This is not fun. I haven't talked to one person that liked this event. The closest you come in relief from anyone who manages to get through it. It was **** design 3 months ago and it's still **** design.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    But it was well known after the first event that Dengar makes it much easier. You could have easily farmed him to 7* by now.
  • You just keep making excuses for their poor design. All they do for every event is pre load turn meter. It's lazy design and nobody finds it fun. It's not fun to have to sit there and hope that you have enough characters left alive or the right ones left alive to even have a shot to actually beat the event. Yeah Dengar would make it easier but it shouldn't be a requirement when there are more BH characters than 5.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    It's not a requirement, it just makes it easier. You can't control their design, poor or not. But you can control what you learn from the first run of an event and how you use that knowledge the second time around.