AI dodging/healing at higher level?

The_Jerol
8 posts Member
edited December 2015
I am seeing the AI dodge at an alarming rate. Today, I fought a Sidius led team in GW that dodged four times in a row. In that same fight, I had the opponent Barris heal twice in four rounds. Normally, the timely dodges are just chalked up to bad luck, but just now I essentially lost a fight to a lower level team led by Phasma (again, a non-evasion leader) where they dodged 9 different attacks and my higher level, Lumi led team did not dodge a single attack.

Perhaps it's just phenomenally bad luck, but I'm now unable to beat GW against lower level, lower star teams due to the change. Before, I was easily winning most of the fights. The teams I'm facing are the same -- same level, star count, etc -- the only difference I've noticed is the much higher dodge rate on th AI side. The Barris anomaly I can't explain. I remember her healing (it was two on two at that point) and thinking I've got this... only to see her throw out another heal two rounds later.

Has anyone else observed this, or am I just hitting a really bad two day long streak?

TJ
Post edited by Zalenira on

Replies

• I mentioned a while ago that the AI teams evade and resist like crazy. Even when stunned which is ridiculous. My Luminara led team hardly ever dodges, even when she has her own self buff up she dodges 1 in 20.

It has to be said though, I got 5 Jedi attacks in a row to hit and kill Sid earlier, which is normally impossible after his buff.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    it isn't just evading and resisting. the AI teams, whether in gw or arena, hit all their status effects far more often. In gw I will match a team member for member if I can and I have seen it play out several times where I have:
    1. Higher level team
    2. a team with higher star levels on each character
    3. Gear levels at max for level 60
    4. skills at max for level 60.
    yet somehow their lower level, lesser geared, and assumedly less skilled team hits status effects, dodges, and resists drastically more often than I do.

My dooku may stun 1 in 4 times, theirs goes easily half the time if not 60-70% of the time and i rarely ability block with dooku but manage to see it at least once a fight for the AI.

my luminara, 7* max gear max skill mind you, will rarely evade or dodge anything but theirs can and will dodge many attacks in a row if they are leader and a few attacks in a row if they are not.

Their sidious only rarely fails to apply immunity, where mine only applys half the time.

It continues on for most characters I have tried, and I have 40+ characters and several rows of 60's and a few rows of epics.
  • I lost an arena PvP match yesterday where the opposing team dodged 14 of my attacks. The first 8 were consecutive. I was higher level and higher power, but needless to say I got smashed, since I couldn't land the majority of my attacks. It is extremely frustrating.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I have been noticing these out of proportional statistics as well, mostly when trying to connect jedi physical and special abilities on Sidous. It doesn't add up over time he is evading more attacks than he is eating.

I haven't unlocked him to see any difference between AI and player control though. Although I have borrowed him quite a few times, have not had enough experience with defending in the same situation as the AI rarely focusses down anything.

Have asked several times now about how evasion works considering every hero has a dodge rating of 0, and still not even an acknowledgment of the question.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • If it is a fabricated difficulty rating for PVE and GW then that's fine in my books. It makes it more of a challenge and therfore more fun. But in PVP it should be exactly the same stats that the opponent last used. I run an evasion team, so I may be winning more matches than I should because of this boost, and that's just not fair to my enemy if they expect the normal evasion boost of 13% or whatever it is when using Ahsoka as a leader.

It would be great if we could get some light shed on this.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • I've noticed this in the last few days as well - evasion in particular and not just Sid. Sid yes, if you have an evasion leader and Jedi AI are trying to attack him, he's going to dodge a lot of hits. AI toons though with evade skills, like Lumi as a leader, are evading attacks at a much higher rate than when I use a leader with even higher evade than Lumi. I've just taken it to be a compensation tweak made for how weak the AI is in general at making decisions in the battle.
  • I haven't noticed anything dramatically different here. I hit Sid twice in top 100 arena and a few more in GW. While I didn't keep a record going he seemed to dodge maybe a tad more than 1 in 3 Jedi attacks. Strangely I didn't hit Lumi in arena today and she wasn't any trouble in GW but I think the times I hit her she was only like level 46 or so and I'm not sure on gear.

The poster above makes a good point that it may be a short term balance thing until the AI gets some more tweaks. It's hard as a player to predict synergies with that sort of advantage but it could do until the AI improves.

I just have a priority list of who hurts my squad the most and go down until they are all dead (usually finishing with old Ben and/or Barriss
  • I got it today too.
    Im and my squad are lvl.54 vs a lvl.49 team with lumi leader.
    Dodge,dodge,Dodge..i killed the team but 60-80% from a low level team?
    I use lumi as leader too but i dont get a single dodge.
  • Also has anyone noticed that AI controlled leia hits 3 shots every time with her normal and gives allies cri chances 100% of the times. That's got to be a bug right?
  • I noticed same things since last game update

Also, when I hit the Auto button in my PvP battles, my team hits all their specials, debuffs, etc
    But, when I manually manage the game, all my specials debuffs and other abilities hits far less.. Like AI successfully debuffs, stun 80% of the time, a human controlled usually only have a ratio of 40%

Instead of temporarily(hopefully it's only temp) boosting AI dodges and some other abilities, they should allow 2 sets of squads.. An Offense team and a Defense team

NB: Talia IQ is low as ****.. Only uses her in GW after I got bamboozled in a fight from crazy AI dodge sequence.. When I face her, I keep her last, as she will sacrifice her hp to heal...no one...
    Also has anyone noticed that AI controlled leia hits 3 shots every time with her normal and gives allies cri chances 100% of the times. That's got to be a bug right?

I noticed that too, she stealth and hits 3 times.. I guess I'm making a new Phasma Defense team with Leia in it fosho
  • I was going to post this exact topic. Hopefully they don't delete this thread because I don't see anything that would warrant it's deletion. I hope they fix this.
  • When I did not use Sim tickets and auto play battles, I realise that the AI can dodge pretty well sometimes even though we are so many levels apart, which is kinda ridiculous. I feel that it's a bug
  • Ive noticed a lot of this. From the ai controled team taking turns before my team even gets a move and i know my guys have better speed (like sid going before my dooku at the start). Ive had it happen where my luminara ability blocked their luminara, and then their luminara used her special anyway, and super crit my luminara for a 1 shot kill. I took Phasma out as leader because i think her leader is giving bonus to the ai, as on gw today, the enemy dooku lightning stunned two of my team, and then my tie fighter pilot attacked him, where he counter attacked 3 times straight, called himself in to assist and attacked phasm 3 times (basically broken).
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    I just hit lvl 53 and have definitely noticed dodge and stun has gotten to the point where I'm counting them too. I just chalked it up to the higher lvl players that I was facing. It hasn't increased near as much for me outside arena (although it has increased everywhere). I was just going to go with the flow and not say anything, it hasn't affected me as bad as some, but since it seems that I'm not the only one, this thread seems to be a very constructive one.
  • Its pretty clear that the AI gets a handicap bonus to dodge/resist/etc to compensate for how brutally stupid it is. Have noticed this for some time and accept it as a temp balancing fix.

However, its super annoying how often dooku will get a double stun for the opening move on a non-jedi team.....
  • I haven't noticed it that much. Galactic War is infuraitingly annoying whenever you get crushed, and you will remember anything that happened. I have never ever seen Barriss heal twice in 2 turns, but if there maybe was one of the Turn advancer like Phasma, who also casts Slow, it may seem like she did it too often. Maybe other chars affected it. I have never once encountered that.

If you are a Jedi you may want to kill Sid asap, out of hatred for him. But if they have any Dodge lider like Lumi, their Sid will evade maybe 42% of times. And if you use a Special he has quite a bit of resistance. And Ashoka with Sid will evade 50% of times or more. The chance to evade 8 times in a row is 0.3% assuming your potency or rhose stats that affect you chance to land are high. That means that every 300 times you face Sid and have many Jedi's you will dodge 8 in a row. But you don't need to face it 300 times to witness it really. Every 300 player facing a Sid will feature one that has witness this. And out of any 150 random battles with many Jedi's you may see 7, and about every 70 like 6. If you remove Ashoka (that not many use but has that great ability to grant high dodge to everyone) maybe it's 400, 200, 100. Since Sid is everywhere, you are pretty much guaranteed someone will post in sheer frustration. And if you are trying to stun him, he is very resistant to that too. Like Kylo you may want to deal with him later, or have 2 very high damage non-Jedi's. Eg. A Resistance Trooper or TIE Pilot can really wreck Sid's very low health pool. At 6 stars and maxed out on everything else, it's lower than 8000.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    MATH FTW!
  • I have been noticing an increase in the dodging as well.

Started a round with sidious dodging 5 attacks in a row today. I know this is statistically possible... but highly unlikely.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • The_Doctor
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I was just going to post this, defense ai seems broke. For everything. This might have been the reason for all the whine about doku and barris. Everything procs too much on defense. I sensed that with doku which I luckly got on my first account. Due to the low energy regen I starter playing a non google one, and built it around phasma. The same feelling on both. Two accounts, built around doku and phasma, only capped by level demands, and procs against same level defenders seem to be 4x less. This is broke.

Maybe its to counter Programmer inability to wright proper code for Taunt and healing. Since both are used under nonsense situations. All full heals, or lonely/full teams taunts.

This is constructve criticism. Just wright proper code. Proper if statements. Thats no rocket science.
    Post edited by The_Doctor on
  • I see a vast difference in GW versus Arena. I started my GW today against the usual 46, 48, 52, 58 level teams for the first 4 battles and I was having issues with them. Made it through without a loss, but had to use more heals and specials than normal - and I am at 60 with fully geared, 5/6* characters. A lot smarter targeting going after my healers.

I made sure I used more dark side in my mix against all the sidious teams from that point on, and it helped. But I definitely utilized more suicide squads today than ever before against the train of 60 6/7* teams.

Arena seems the same as usual. I didn't really have much issue except the other teams in the top 20 are getting much stronger now. So there I was a bit more worried, but it paled in comparison to the GW AI.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Kabbage wrote: »
    I see a vast difference in GW versus Arena. I started my GW today against the usual 46, 48, 52, 58 level teams for the first 4 battles and I was having issues with them. Made it through without a loss, but had to use more heals and specials than normal - and I am at 60 with fully geared, 5/6* characters. A lot smarter targeting going after my healers.

I made sure I used more dark side in my mix against all the sidious teams from that point on, and it helped. But I definitely utilized more suicide squads today than ever before against the train of 60 6/7* teams.

Arena seems the same as usual. I didn't really have much issue except the other teams in the top 20 are getting much stronger now. So there I was a bit more worried, but it paled in comparison to the GW AI.

Be sure to use the retreat function in GW to sub out your damaged toons (some guys start with sacrificial toons until the AI blows their wad on special attacks), and send in fresh guys. Also, once you get down to the last opponent in an engagement (especially a Chewie or Bariss) once they're done their turn, bring back your damaged toons and healers to heal up and/or run out cool downs as you slowly chip away at the target.

Retreat is in the gear icon at top left, the opponent needs at least 1 turn before you can retreat and likewise, they need to get one attack after each of yours before you can withdraw.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • MaDMaN
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I actually came here just to post about this... seems in the last week or so the dev's turned up the dodge to max... I don't know if it was to make the game less predictable i.e. If levels are equal and power A is greater than power B power, A always wins.

For me I don't mind them trying to mix it up at = levels and close power so its not just an automatic for whom ever comes out on top in the above formula but for grinding low levels for gear or character tokens, my level 51 4 stars missing a guy in level 2-c 6 times is just wasting my time and annoying
  • Doj
    27 posts Member
    I've seen today in GW a Sid dodge an entire team...something is not right. I've already told them about stun/evade bug, which crickets respond better. Oh well, I'm starting to lose interest as the bugs aren't getting fixed.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Loce wrote: »
    MATH FTW!
    They don't show the math at all.

Every character has zero dodge so even with a percentage increase should not be able to avoid physical attacks.

And other targeting stats use arbitrary numbers instead of percentages making it impossible to calculate.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Zero its not. A Wookiee can dodge under Wookiee leadership. So its not zero. There seems to be, under classic terms, a hit roll and a saving throw. Hit roll can crit, defense can deflect or dodge. Than there is the proc rolls. Ex. Extra attack/counter. Damage seems fixed, altered by defs resistance. Crit seems to have a fixed modifier.

Still, crit chance, deflect/dodge, especial proc, doesnt look the same for attackers and defenders.
  • Open_Palm52
    195 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Started to notice this yesterday in GW, and came to post about it. Good to know I'm not imagining things.

Just fought another battle against a lower level team, no epic gear. Leader Barris, and the evasion of every team member was unreal. Dooku never attacked less than twice, most of the time 3 or 4. Opposing team JC almost one shot my Sid with force blast with no buff/debuff present.

Post edited by Open_Palm52 on
  • I made the math for Sid already here all elsewhere. Doku, every Nightsister and several other chars grant evasion as leaders. Ahsoka can grant 12 evasion to everyone in the team. Talia, Daka, etc can guve 8% to Sid. If you attack with a Jedi-centric team, this are your odds:

5-dodges: 3%
    4-dodges: 6%
    3-dodges: 12.5%

Think about this, every 30 turns you will have 5 straigh misses. And every 15 turns you will see 4 hits miss in a row. And every 7 turns you will see 3 misses. If an average fight has 10 turns, you will have your Jedi team experience one full 5-dodge experience once every three matches, and 4 straigh misses every other match.

Of course, you are not hitting Sid all the time every turn. But still, thise misses are not at odds with what the character is supposed to provide. So the complains are more that he may be OP vs Jedi's, than broken.
  • Squad arena battles. I posted about oppo AI hitting 4/5/6/7 times before first shot got fired. And I also have noticed a big increase in AI dodge. I agree it does seem like the bugs are starting to overtake. Leia hitting three times over and over again I've been seeing for a long time. Doooooooku stun must be like 80% and higher, but my dooku stuns like 1 in 5 times :(