Cool, I got CLS. Now what?

Jarvind
3920 posts Member
After just barely missing him last time because I couldn't quite 7-star R2, I finally have Commander Luke. Unlike Rey, who I've already got a team and a pile of gear prepped for, though, I'm kind of at a loss for what exactly to do with him. He's obviously really powerful, though from what I understand, CLS-led teams haven't been the new PVP hotness for a while. My Rebels aren't my strongest faction by a long shot, either, so I'm not really sure who I should build up around him.

I've seen that weird Dathcha/CLS/Han Solo team that can apparently solo P1 of the tank raid, so I guess maybe that's a place to start?

Here is my link: https://swgoh.gg/u/jarvind/collection/

Any suggestions are appreciated!
u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Replies

• work towards the TB SM that requires him
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • CLS (lead), Old Ben, R2, Rex, OG Han.

Or Thrawn if you're not facing debuff-heavy squads.

And you're in business.
  • I once heard MobileGamer say the best CLS team was CLS (l), Raid Han, R2, Chirrut, and Baze. That was before OT Chewie came out, though.
  • For Haat, CLS, r2, raid han can solo phase 1..... For TB and TW I use CLS, wiggs, han, r2....
  • Also, for P3&4 of the tank raid he's used. AA (L), Asajj, BB8, CLS and Thrawn can solo both phases.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Also, for P3&4 of the tank raid he's used. AA (L), Asajj, BB8, CLS and Thrawn can solo both phases.

I always wonder who comes up with these wacky teams. Mixing and matching factions gives me a headache. I do have all of those characters in decent shape, though, so I'll definitely give it a whirl.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Now you can build some great raid teams. Ackbar, CLS, BB8, Wampa, Hermie can solo the whole AAT if you can gear/mod them right. Build Sion, Nihilus, Sith Trooper to join up with the Traya you will be getting soon.
  • Gear him. He can solo rancor. He is good in haat. He's good for tw and tb. So while not the best in arena (without chewie) he's worth taking to g12.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Gear him. He can solo rancor. He is good in haat. He's good for tw and tb. So while not the best in arena (without chewie) he's worth taking to g12.

Oh, there was never any doubt that I'd take him to G12 - probably as soon as I get my Jedi Rey team there. My arena shard is super old and I'm only a few months back from a long break, so arena is a far distant concern for me at the moment. I just know people around here tend to judge characters largely on how effective they are in squad arena.
    Now you can build some great raid teams. Ackbar, CLS, BB8, Wampa, Hermie can solo the whole AAT if you can gear/mod them right. Build Sion, Nihilus, Sith Trooper to join up with the Traya you will be getting soon.

Hermit? Wampa? Traya? I think you might be making a few generous assumptions about how strong my roster and guild are. :p Duly noted, though, and thanks for the suggestions.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Gear him. He can solo rancor. He is good in haat. He's good for tw and tb. So while not the best in arena (without chewie) he's worth taking to g12.

Oh, there was never any doubt that I'd take him to G12 - probably as soon as I get my Jedi Rey team there. My arena shard is super old and I'm only a few months back from a long break, so arena is a far distant concern for me at the moment. I just know people around here tend to judge characters largely on how effective they are in squad arena.
    Now you can build some great raid teams. Ackbar, CLS, BB8, Wampa, Hermie can solo the whole AAT if you can gear/mod them right. Build Sion, Nihilus, Sith Trooper to join up with the Traya you will be getting soon.

Hermit? Wampa? Traya? I think you might be making a few generous assumptions about how strong my roster and guild are. :p Duly noted, though, and thanks for the suggestions.

Ackbar, cls, asajj, bb8, and thrawn can solo from 30% in p2 to the end. So that's a more obtainable haat team that can get you high numbers.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    After CLS I’d suggest targeting
    1) BHunters for Chewie, Bounties, Rebel Roundup, Ships (BHs you need 7* Dengar and G12 Boba + 3 others)
    2) Vets, Finn, BB8, sRey for JTR —> don’t underestimate how long Vets take to farm!
    3) Bastila if you haven’t got her & likewise GMY = these two, plus your Old Ben and you have the nucleus of a Jedi Arena team.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    1) BHunters for Chewie, Bounties, Rebel Roundup, Ships (BHs you need 7* Dengar and G12 Boba + 3 others)
    2) Vets, Finn, BB8, sRey for JTR —> don’t underestimate how long Vets take to farm!
    3) Bastila if you haven’t got her & likewise GMY = these two, plus your Old Ben and you have the nucleus of a Jedi Arena team.

Yep, I got 6* Chewie and plan on building up my bounty hunters a bit more to finish him off next time around - I honestly might have been able to get it done this time but I didn't feel like resetting the fight for three hours waiting for perfect RNG. I'll have JTR locked up no problem when her event hits next week as well - had the vets ready to go for a while now, and I have a pile of gear saved up for her to hit the ground running.

I was debating skipping the Bastila/Jedi meta in favor of whatever rolls around next - having fought a few though, it's hard to argue with the results. Will see where I end up after I get JTR and CLS settled, I guess.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Yep, I got 6* Chewie and plan on building up my bounty hunters a bit more to finish him off next time around - I honestly might have been able to get it done this time but I didn't feel like resetting the fight for three hours waiting for perfect RNG. I'll have JTR locked up no problem when her event hits next week as well - had the vets ready to go for a while now, and I have a pile of gear saved up for her to hit the ground running.

I was debating skipping the Bastila/Jedi meta in favor of whatever rolls around next - having fought a few though, it's hard to argue with the results. Will see where I end up after I get JTR and CLS settled, I guess.

Even if you don’t run her in Arena she makes Jedi a viable faction in several other areas of the game. Without her, they are weak.

You really don't have any arena team maxed out so I would pick one and focus. Cls if run with chewie is viable. Bastilla is viable. And ep lead sith are still viable with a vader modded for potency. Ns are also viable.

All have been meta or counter meta recently enough that they should have some staying power. Jtr is also an option but the people in my guild that run her drop a lot.

I use ep lead with a potent vader myself and I can beat both bastilla lead and most traya lead teams in my shard on offense and don't fall too far.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    You really don't have any arena team maxed out so I would pick one and focus. Cls if run with chewie is viable. Bastilla is viable. And ep lead sith are still viable with a vader modded for potency. Ns are also viable.

All have been meta or counter meta recently enough that they should have some staying power. Jtr is also an option but the people in my guild that run her drop a lot.

I use ep lead with a potent vader myself and I can beat both bastilla lead and most traya lead teams in my shard on offense and don't fall too far.

For the moment my arena plan is to use JTR/Resistance and stick in either KRU or Bossk as a temporary tank until I can get somebody better (looking at Holdo) up to speed. I know it won't get me into the top 10 but right now I'm barely holding top 500, so even breaking t100 would be a good step up from where I am.

My main issue in arena is that I'm a year and a half behind everyone else on mod farming, so speed is a problem - I have very few mods with more than 10 speed on a secondary, and none with 20+. So, as I mentioned, arena isn't a top concern for me. I take #1 most days in my fleet shard, so I get my crystals there.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

For the moment my arena plan is to use JTR/Resistance and stick in either KRU or Bossk as a temporary tank until I can get somebody better (looking at Holdo) up to speed. I know it won't get me into the top 10 but right now I'm barely holding top 500, so even breaking t100 would be a good step up from where I am.

My main issue in arena is that I'm a year and a half behind everyone else on mod farming, so speed is a problem - I have very few mods with more than 10 speed on a secondary, and none with 20+. So, as I mentioned, arena isn't a top concern for me. I take #1 most days in my fleet shard, so I get my crystals there.

Fair enough. Jtr is fine to focus on. Good in the raid which is also important.
    Also, for P3&4 of the tank raid he's used. AA (L), Asajj, BB8, CLS and Thrawn can solo both phases.

I always wonder who comes up with these wacky teams. Mixing and matching factions gives me a headache. I do have all of those characters in decent shape, though, so I'll definitely give it a whirl.

It requires a zeta on asajj's unique to do it.
  • Also, for P3&4 of the tank raid he's used. AA (L), Asajj, BB8, CLS and Thrawn can solo both phases.

Better than that team is Vader (L), CLS, Thrawn, BB8, and Wampa.

I can do 65% p2 and all P3&4. Some have soloed the whole raid
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Hikari wrote: »

Better than that team is Vader (L), CLS, Thrawn, BB8, and Wampa.

I can do 65% p2 and all P3&4. Some have soloed the whole raid

Is there something that could work in place of the Wampa there and get at least decent results? I've got the rest and could build them up, but Wampa is a long way off - I try to grab at least 5 shards each time a territory battle ends, but I still need too much gear to dedicate all my event tokens to him.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png