Anyone beat 7* chewie w/o either Dengar or Bossk?

Replies

• JasFonz wrote: »
    Here’s my story,
    Bossk g12 zeta lead
    Boba g12
    Ig88 g11
    Cad bane g11
    Greedo g11.

I paid only 10€ to get the Bossk pack and had saved all my crystals from both arenas, I finish both in top 5 so that helps pack away the crystals. Bought bossk out of the shop with my crystals to take him to 7* so a shiny gold bossk cost me 10€.

As far as mods go, I gave them all +80 minimum speed mods and paid attention to the set bonus. Crit damage and crit chance on boba, ig, greedo and cad. Offense set with a couple of defense on bossk. I paid attention to high health mods and protection too.

Then came 20 odd tries to 7* chewie. The bossk lead worked better than boba lead and it all came down to RNG deciding when I won. Some fights I barely scratched them, some fights I killed one toon and then when the stars lined up, I managed to nail chewie first, then Han and it was game over.

Sure it’s frustrating but that’s the whole point of legendary events. It took me 100 tries to get EP back in the day so this was actually a lot easier lol.

I love the fact that it takes time and it makes the fight and feeling legendary. As you can see I have average BH toons apart from Bossk. It takes time, it seems hopeless and then it works. When victory flashes on your screen, you feel the relief set in. Yes this is how it’s meant to be and not a simple hand out of a top tier toon. I still don’t have Rey for example and it doesn’t bother me. People worked **** hard to get her with the farming of 2 utterly useless toons like the vets. That was way harder and more costly in crystals and time. Keep the faith and the rng will pay off.

yep completely possible ftp. You bought a pack but that's only 30 shards. Plenty of time left even if you were 30 shards short.
  • I don’t have either at or near 7*, just wondering if I should bother trying to gear up my other BH to try to beat t7. Right now I’m at G12 boba, 11 cad, 10 greedo and ig-88 and 8 Zam. Haven’t beat T6 yet, but gave up after only a few tries. Expect I could get 6* before the event ends with minimal gear addition, just wondering if it’s worth it to gear Zam or if it’s futile and I should just wait until next round when my Bossk will be 7*.

I have 7* G12 Bossk with Zeta on his lead and I get completely smoked on tier 7. The rest of my team is G12 Boba, G11 IG and Greedo, G10Zam. I'm messed around with mods a little but dont think I can do much better than what I have. Most attempts I barely get off any attacks. By Bossk has 68K protection and they just team up on him first and he's gone in no time. Han can take out IG and Gredo in one or two shots.
  • I got 7* Chewie with this team: G12 Bossk, G12 Boba, G12 IG, G12 Cad, G11 Greedo.
    It took 9 hours and 100+ attempts.
  • sneeyatch
    518 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    yeah - IMO even if you have really good toons for the event, you gotta be lucky to catch it just right. I have Bossk (G12 zz), Boba (G12 z), Greedo (G12), IG88 (G11) and Dengar (G11 z) and don't come close to beating the last tier. Hell - everyone's talking about executing Chewie ASAP for the health immunity, but it doesn't take off all protection in most cases and after he smacks the hell out you, he clears his debuffs and just starts stacking back up. Then Han starts mowing everyone down with the Death Star itself and Chewie assists his **** off... then ROLO AOE's and usually wipes Greedo or IG88. by the time Lando gets off his 2nd AOE, Boba's toast, that leaves Bossk and Dengar. Dengar is usually stealthed at this point so everyone nails Bossk and he's stunned because of R2's prodder... Then Dengar is left all alone and dude's gun might as well be shooting blanks. He doesn't hit worth a **** and just takes it till the end.

This - over and over and over and over...

Isn't Greedo supposed to have an awesome counter and high percentage to shoot again if he crits?? I think it's only after payout though because that's not working here.

I did get Chewie to 6* though barely. I'll keep trying for 7* for the next couple of days but I'm sure it won't happen and I'll just need to wait till next time to max him out.

I will say though - I appreciate how difficult the event is, even though it's pretty frustrating.
  • sneeyatch wrote: »
    yeah - IMO even if you have really good toons for the event, you gotta be lucky to catch it just right. I have Bossk (G12 zz), Boba (G12 z), Greedo (G12), IG88 (G11) and Dengar (G11 z) and don't come close to beating the last tier. Hell - everyone's talking about executing Chewie ASAP for the health immunity, but it doesn't take off all protection in most cases and after he smacks the hell out you, he clears his debuffs and just starts stacking back up. Then Han starts mowing everyone down with the Death Star itself and Chewie assists his **** off... then ROLO AOE's and usually wipes Greedo or IG88. by the time Lando gets off his 2nd AOE, Boba's toast, that leaves Bossk and Dengar. Dengar is usually stealthed at this point so everyone nails Bossk and he's stunned because of R2's prodder... Then Dengar is left all alone and dude's gun might as well be shooting blanks. He doesn't hit worth a **** and just takes it till the end.

This - over and over and over and over...

Isn't Greedo supposed to have an awesome counter and high percentage to shoot again if he crits?? I think it's only after payout though because that's not working here.

I did get Chewie to 6* though barely. I'll keep trying for 7* for the next couple of days but I'm sure it won't happen and I'll just need to wait till next time to max him out.

I will say though - I appreciate how difficult the event is, even though it's pretty frustrating.

The payout ups greedos's crit chance but with modding, you can get a decent chain before payout.

I used zbossk lead g10, zboba g12, greedo g11, dengar and cad g9.

I modded boba for crit dmg. Greedo for crit chance above all else. Bossk for defense, health and protection. And cad and dengar for health and protection.

This took some of the initial rng out and made the team tanky enough that they survived the initial onslaught most of the time. And yes, I tried it before that with different mods including arena mods and this worked better. I actually excluded my arena mods because I didn't want to fall too far if it too too long.

Then after a few tries you'll get a shot where chewie isn't stealthed. Taunt with bossk. Then execute with boba. Then use bossk's middle special. With luck greedo will take several shots and kill chewie as part of his assist. Mine didn't but got him in the red. A few more attacks and he was gone.

Then I killed leia to get the contract off and then han. Then lando and r2.

I have a g11 ig but used cad instead because he's less squishy even at lower gear and you can use his stun to help control the battle. Ig doesn't bring much to the team. When you use his aoe, they resist and counter and kill him. So if you have a cad, i suggest switching ig out for him.
  • So many posters here do not seem to grasp the OP ... Has anybody unlocked 7* Chewie using a squad that DOES NOT include both Bossk and/or Dengar?
    Possible members of this mythical squad would include Boba Fett, Cad Bane, Greedo, IG-88, Zam Wesell, Aurra Sing, Embo, and Jango Fett.
    OP is not interested in hearing more about how your squad used Bossk and/or Dengar. Specifically looking for squads without either of them.
  • Yes I beat it with G12 zBossk (leadership), G11 Dengar, G12 Boba, G11 Cad and G11 Zam. I kept trying to use my G12 zGreedo but kept dying. The bvb first time I used Zam instead of Greedo I won. Take Chewy out first (you need Dengar to keep R2 from putting others in stealth) then take out Lando, then Han and/or Leia, then R2. Hope that helps.
  • SilverbackMM
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Bossk is archrival and nemesis to Chewbacca. They crafted the whole event around this fact. Without his taunt I don’t see how you survive. Bossk is also P2P, so Chewbacca becomes a reward for those who couldn’t resist investing real money in him like myself. Bossk is the best tank in the game for his faction. He is one of the best tanks in the history of video games, all things considered. He is the quintessential bounty hunter guild leader of the new school. Boba Fett is awesome but easily farmable. Bossk is the character you get if you’re really serious about bounty hunters. Bossk is easily one of the top ten most important and powerful characters in the game. He killed and ate his own father, the leader of the old school. Hounds Tooth has a cargo bay full of Wookiee pelt trophies. He is the greatest fictional reptilian space cowboy in human history. Accept allegiance toward his greatness if you hope to procure Growling Fuzzball.
  • zthdkjly5wrf.png

03w23frcqigz.png

Took countless tries to get the perfect Rng!
  • Ragnarok2311
    8 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    zBossk(g12),zBoba(g12),Zam(g11),Greedo(g10),Cad(g9)
  • Member5973 wrote: »
    I don’t have Dengar and literally everyone I know who has beaten T7 used Dengar. Many of them needed only G9 on Dengar. I have zBossk G12, zJango G12, IG G12, zGreedo G10 and Boba G12. So far it’s impossible. Not hard or very difficult. Impossible. So if you have any chance to get your Dengar 7* G9 do it asap and enjoy your Chewie.

Edit: a guy in my shard runs the CLS+Chewie squad now. To mitigate my frustration I smashed his squad with Bastila, then NS, then Traya and finally BH.

You are not taking with jango? Oh my god you are such a noob... if you have jango hust wait that r2 don't smoke everyone, it happens, then you will have good speeds i hope, top speed on bossk: use special with taunt, next will be boba, execute on chube, if heal immunity is on you have won, bossk will use his special on chube, he is dead, jango turn special with rocket on han solo, boosk shoot on han probably he will be almost dead at that point you have won, if you cannot win with jango gol you are noob and you are wasting your money.
  • Fredy5 wrote: »
    don't bother, it's a Whale Event. if you don't have Bossk, just forget it. it's RNG depend and the % of clearing the event without Bossk is the same to drop 330 shard on a marquee event ....
    Without Bossk which give +50% prot and +100 defense. <you won't begin the fight with a full team. even with +700% potency (Boba lead) .... You won't begin the fight even with set mods at +150 speed. There is no strategy, no Game. Only RNG and Luck ....

I toom the 7* with this team... i am obviously a f2p7tjk8ee23qse.png
    obj66yytxa6nbn.png
    73ygababuds8.png
  • did with Boba g12, Greedo IG g11, Zam Cad G10. no zeta, no bossk, no dengar.

@SithTrio_PO yeah I'm gonna need to see some convincing proof.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    did with Boba g12, Greedo IG g11, Zam Cad G10. no zeta, no bossk, no dengar.

Zboba lead maxed out (2 6-e mods)
    Greedo G11
    Dengar G11
    Zam G11
    Cad G10

Excellent mods.

Spammed reset over and over again.

Eventually got lucky, last 2 standing were a stealthed dengar & boba against rolo lando & R2.

Nothing more to it than that just RNG.

** Dengar most certainly required
    Post edited by Shaunyvee on

thats some sad attitude.
    tipc8ov38np11.png

and Swgoh.gg just in case you think i have a hidden dengar and bossk g12 https://swgoh.gg/p/478258422/
  • Darth_Who
    13 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I DID IT !!!

Boba (GXII no Z) / lead
    greedo (GXI no Z)
    zam (GXI no Z)
    dengar (GXI no Z)
    cad (GXI no Z)

it took me 4 hours a day during 6 days and I left my sanity ...
    with an av. of 50 by hour and no way to skip the cutscene there is enough to going crazy !!!

thanks EA for the 5 clone war chewie shards as reward for this prowess

Edited for swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on

thats some sad attitude.
    tipc8ov38np11.png

and Swgoh.gg just in case you think i have a hidden dengar and bossk g12 https://swgoh.gg/p/478258422/

wow man can you explain how do you succeed with that team plz ? You are the only one I saw without dengar nor bossk. I really need your help on this one ^^
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »

Zboba lead maxed out (2 6-e mods)
    Greedo G11
    Dengar G11
    Zam G11
    Cad G10

Excellent mods.

Spammed reset over and over again.

Eventually got lucky, last 2 standing were a stealthed dengar & boba against rolo lando & R2.

Nothing more to it than that just RNG.

** Dengar most certainly required

well, with less gear and minus the zeta, i didnt need Dengar.
    so **Dengar most certainly ISNT required.
  • Mirkraag wrote: »

thats some sad attitude.
    tipc8ov38np11.png

wow man can you explain how do you succeed with that team plz ? You are the only one I saw without dengar nor bossk. I really need your help on this one ^^

Boba with golden god-mode mods of my Wampa+CLS, that are meant to solo the haat. huge amount of offense and CD.
    the rest of BH all potency sets with speed secondaries, the best that i could put.
    and thats it. now you have "beefy" team because of all the potency, with Boba as the damage. you just need to retreat until r2 use burning instead of stealth (id say 1 out of 10-15 times he do that) and things go your way. by your way i mean greedo removing TM perfectly from Han, boba doing nice crits, Cad stunning r2. just keep run it until its done.
    I killed Chewie first (Boba execute on him was huge damage), then Han, had payout activated, then Leia, Lando, R2. needless to say, all those potency mods are jsut to make the team beefy, they are meatbags and Boba is doing it all. boba was in 3v1 scenario and win due to right timing of killing Leia and Lando.
    this is exactly like run with dengar, but instead of 1 out of 10-15 time that you HAVE a chance due to "not stealth", dengar give you better odds, because when he get critted, it also stop the stealth.
    So dengar will give you "chance for a winning run" 1 each 4-5 fights id say. without dengar you have 1 each 10-15 fights id say. every once in a while, one of those "chance of winning runs" have higher chance due to Han attacking wrong person, or dodges in your team, stuff like that. so basically you just need lot of tries until you get the perfect ground for a winning run, imo.
    put the awesome mods, be concentrated with boba executions, and make a good use of this perfect ground for a winning run.
  • Loy
    27 posts Member
    I got him on the last day without bossk and dengar. Took an insane amount of tries. I had to zeta bobba, bring zam to g12 to equip her with my best speed mods (6 dots). I pushed her to 313 speed, which was enough to go before r2d2 (311 speed), lando, han and rolo (they were less than 300 speed).

Cad (g9) and ig 88 (g10) were equipped with potency sets, potency cross, protection arrows and triangles.

Greedo (g11) was modded with cc/cd for speed/cc with potency cross. Bobba (g12 zeta) - cd/potency.

The idea was for zam to apply detonators right away. Enemies gain 30% tm, but as everyone but chewie are already almost at 100%, that gain was not noticeable.

The winning attempt was with r2d2 using amoke screen first. RNGesus guided enemies to target ig and cad, greedo ised detonators himself, bobba executed r2d2, then greedo got a turn due to dets exploding and 5-shot r2d2 to death. Cad survived the barrage somehow at red hp and used stun glove on stealthed chewie, stunning him. Ig was dead already. Greedo managed to move yet again and put chewie to red hp, bobba finished him and regained resolve.

Then bobba killed lando while rolo and han finished off all other bh and killed bobba once.

Bobba got rolo and then han for the last.

I will never ever do that again.

thats some sad attitude.
    tipc8ov38np11.png

It's those 6* mods you have. I can see it working, but I could never get fast enough or survive long enough to do more than take down Chewie. Had 430% combined Potency which helped but wasn't fast enough. Well done on you, though. You may be the only one who did it without Bossk or Dengar.
  • Know some others that did it without them.
    Actually I changed my modding and tried to do the event after seeing someone on Reddit who did it with my squad +-. So knew it's possible.
  • I beat T7 with bobaZ g12, cad g11, zam g11, Greedo g11 and 88 g11. It took me countless tries. Like 6 hours of attempts. R2 had to not use smoke screen as his first move and like everyone else knows it’s all about rng and I eventually got it. It sucks but then it doesn’t. Rng allows people like me to eventually beat it when I don’t have the most ideal toons
  • G12 Boba, G11 Zam Greedo, G9 dengar cad
    Eternety.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I got mine to 6* but couldn't quite make 7* after hours of trying.

And Now we found out Chewie event was bugged with TD and R2.... and I was using Boba lead with Greedo & Sam!
    :(

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/184005/update-to-known-issues-10-08-2018
  • I was able to do it without either Bossk or Dengar ... just the basic BH's but highly geared and Zeta's almost everywhere: zBoba Lead (g12, 118), zGreedo (g12, 101), zIG-88 (g12, 85), Cad (g12, 110), zZam (g11, 84). It probably took ~100 tries and there was a ton of luck in the end. Key is RNG to throw down ability block from boba on R2 and stun him with Cad the next time he is active. As with the other teams taking Chewie out as soon as possible is a must but you need that RNG on R2 to give you a chance to do so...if you have Dengar you avoid this extra complication. I only activated the payout (on Han since it is a Boba lead) after eliminating R2 and Chewie. IG88 was last toon standing and was able to withstand ROLO and Lando.