Checkup on the Sith Triumvirate Raid [MEGA]

Prev13456711
Pyrefly
1254 posts Member
<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes!

We launched a ton of changes to the Sith Triumvirate recently and we want to know how it went for you! Did your Guild manage to step up to the next tier? Are you completing the raids faster?

These changes were overshadowed a bit by some other big announcements (looking at you Chewie...) but we want to check in now that you have had some time to play with the changes. We are still monitoring how Guilds are progressing in this raid but we want to hear directly from you!

Here are the patch notes for reference.
  • What GP is your Guild?
  • What tiers did your Guild try?
  • How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?
  • Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)
  • Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
  • Which change did you like the most?
  • Which change did you like the least?
  • How has your overall experience changed since the update?

<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>
swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!

Replies

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    <reserved>
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Please put mk8 biotech salvage back in the raids i have enough to craft 2 and hundreds still needed
  • Rebel force Endor
    176M GP
    Heroic Sith raid
    3-4 hours.
    Reward tiers are much better. I feel like I’m getting much more useful gear than I used to
    90% of my guild was able to post way over the required 5% per person in phase 1, the RNG-fest seems like it has ended. And with the launch of Chewbacca, p3 has become a breeze now. No RNG needed with the massive Wookie.
    Overall these changes have been superb. I’m loving it. And I can agree that the guild doing tier 6 will be able to move to heroic MUCH MUCH faster.
    THANKS CG!!
  • Lesspopmorefizz
    124 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The big missing piece in the changes for me:

The 150,000 Raid Ticket Cap.

Hear me out; the rate of income (30k/day) is fine, but given the current cap of 150, and the Sith raid cost of 110, a far too common occurrence, is to go from, say, 100k tickets to 130k tickets, and then have no choice but to open the raid in the next 24 hours, or waste tickets.

This was a non issue with the Rancor and Tank, because, at 60/90k, both raids left guilds with a 2-3 day buffer to spend their tickets after earning enough to open the raid, allowing guilds to push raids out by a day to avoid conflicts or produce more consistent raid scheduling.

With the cap at 150 however, more often than not, we have 24 hours to open the raid or else. Increasing the stored ticket cap to 175 or 180 or so will go a long way to make the Sith raid more schedulable, which is something that it’s missing right now.

The rest of your questionnaire for reference:

What GP is your Guild?
    ~155million
    What tiers did your Guild try?
    We’ve been clearing Heroic since June.
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?
    We went straight from T5 to Heroic. There was no point in T6.
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)
    Eh; slicing salvage is nice, but honestly, I have missed the Mk8 Biotech Implant Salvage something fierce - that’s a big shortage piece for me, and the other Tank drops that are replacing it on the table - such as more mk 4 holo projectors - are very low utility and demand. I have thousands.
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
    We’re ready for whatever challenge comes next. :)
    Which change did you like the most?
    The increased consistency of P1/4 DN has made those phases much simpler and less frustrating. It’s sped up our raid clears dramatically, which, for content that’s on farm, is nice. It’s also made it possible for many of our members who had struggled to be on striking distance of the top 3 for the first time, which, as our top performers get Traya maxes out, Is helpful for us to keep clearing the raid while letting those top performers step back to share the wealth.
    Which change did you like the least?
    Removal of Mk 8 implant salvage from rewards.
    How has your overall experience changed since the update?
  • 152 million GP
    Heroic
    Approx. 5 hours
    Seems people in the 7-10 range got more fully crafted gear (including 12+) and top 3 didnt get any completed 12+
    Heroic on farm so we're good
    Predictability on DN has been best change. Many of the lower guildmates commented on how "easy" P1 is now
    No real negatives to this point with the exception that we spent incredibly way too much time from this raids inception to being able to farm heroic. These changes are great for lower guilds but feel like our entire spring/summer was wasted on this raid since we couldnt complete tiers 5 and 6 as easily as they can be done now.
    Overall experience, better since challenge gear was removed. Bump up the % chance for fully crafted g12+ for ranks 1-5.
  • 136m GP ... HSR down within 24h....

The reduce of RNG with Nihilus is very good...
    the Rewards could be a bit more fair to player in the lower Rangs....
  • The big missing piece in the changes for me:

The 150,000 Raid Ticket Cap.

Hear me out; the rate of income (30k/day) is fine, but given the current cap of 150, and the Sith raid cost of 110, a far too common occurrence, is to go from, say, 100k tickets to 130k tickets, and then have no choice but to open the raid in the next 24 hours, or waste tickets.

This was a non issue with the Rancor and Tank, because, at 60/90k, both raids left guilds with a 2-3 day buffer to spend their tickets after earning enough to open the raid, allowing guilds to push raids out by a day to avoid conflicts or produce more consistent raid scheduling.

With the cap at 150 however, more often than not, we have 24 hours to open the raid or else. Increasing the stored ticket cap to 175 or 180 or so will go a long way to make the Sith raid more schedulable, which is something that it’s missing right now.

I do agree with this statement. We had a calendar set up to launch our sith raids, and if one person missed tickets multiple days in a row, that severely threw off our schedule, and now we just abandoned it and launch whenever we have tickets. Half of our guild have seven star traya anyways, so we are mainly doing it for gear and mod slicing Mats now, but it would be nice to not HAVE to launch in the middle of a TW or other guild event when lives are already full.
  • Return of the Schwartz
    • What GP is your Guild? 180M+
    • What tiers did your Guild try? Heroic
    • How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? 60-80 minutes, depending on participation
    • Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) Slightly
    • Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? N/A
    • Which change did you like the most? DN not reducing cool downs on Basic
    • Which change did you like the least? N/A
    • How has your overall experience changed since the update? Slightly better score in P1
  • C4L3B87
    52 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I have no complaints as my guild has it on farm and my rewards are pretty good(top 10). I noticed no change in gear.
    The only thing I was expecting was the addition of he gold mod salvage. Kind of just assumed it would be apart of the “adding mod salvage to the sith raid” part of the additions.
  • Top 10 in HSTR almost never get fully crafted pieces. Don’t know if it’s just bad luck, but it’s gotten to the point it’s absurd. The rewards still are trash
  • We are an almost 80 million gp guild. We had been running t4 over the course of ancouple days and do to burnout's t5 was taking us about a week. Now we clear t4 in less than a day and feel much better about the rewards because we aren't just running it for the guild currency anymore. We had an accident with auto launch so we haven't tried t5 yet but we feel like moving up is a good idea and actually has some value in the gear now. Thank you so much for fixing the raid the way you did. It was just a horrifying time sink before and now it isn't. I also went from first place in t4 to being in the 20s because of how fast it is going. But I have gotten better gear both runs than what I used to get in first place.
  • 168M GP
    Heroic tier 7
    ~4hrs
    Rewards for those outside the top 10 are still complete garbage.
    Best: DN's basic not reducing cooldown of Annihilate.
    Worst: changes to p3 don't affect heroic
    Overall: the raid is still almost the complete opposite of fun.
  • What GP is your Guild? : 120.000 mil

What tiers did your Guild try? : Heroic

How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? : 3 hours ( 15 min phase 1, 45 min phase 2 , 1h30 phase 3 , 15 min phase 4 .

Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) : Not really no, seemed like the same

Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
    - N/A
    DN not reducing CD on basic
    You did not compensate DN not reducing CD on basic by reducing Annihilate's CD by 1 or maybe 2 turns.Now it's too easy P1.

Much more easier and easy to play in general,less waste of time.
  • -What GP is your Guild? 124.9M

-What tiers did your Guild try? tier 5 and 6

-How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? tier 5 was about a day or 2. tier 6 is still ongoing

-Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) N/A at this time

-Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? unsure, but probably

-Which change did you like the most? the lower healths mainly... but the saber changes to traya and the cool down of nhilius was a great change

-Which change did you like the least? the part where nightsister (for me that least) randomly dont get to attack. (i know this is a bug but its a change that happened somehow in this update)

-How has your overall experience changed since the update? i like phase 1 a bit more.
  • All changes were highly appreciated. Y'all did great

Moved up a tier, and finished the previous tier in half the time. Much more fulfilling. Mod salvage was also nice

Guild go 105m, tier 6, 4 days
  • Page's Commandos
    • What GP is your Guild? 46 million
    • What tiers did your Guild try? 4 and 5 (was doing tier 3 before update)
    • How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? Tier 4 took less than a day, first tier 5 attempt is still in progress (looking like it might be close to a week...)
    • Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) Not really sure. The addition of mod salvage is nice, I guess. Haven't really noticed a big improvement in gear drops yet.
    • Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Yeah. Right now tier 4 is suddenly an easy raid, and tier 5 is a bit of a stretch. But it is definitely a reasonable goal (as opposed to the past, we were in an endless loop of tier 3 with no hope of improving on our own).
    • Which change did you like the most? DN basic doesn't reduce cooldown on his abilities anymore
    • Which change did you like the least? N/A
    • How has your overall experience changed since the update? Been able to step up our guild's sith raid tier, and feel much more hopeful about progressing to the next tier. In general, I feel better about the raid.
  • What GP is your Guild? 90mil

We were on our 3rd run of Tier 5 when the update went live, and that completed in 7 days. Post change we ran the same tier in less than 2 days. Moved to Tier 6 on Sunday, and will have the raid down early tomorrow, so up a Tier and a day shorter.

Guess I answered that above :smile:

Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)
    We shall see, we shall see... tomorrow when it dies

If folks have their vets finally later this month maybe

The drop in health had the biggest effect on us.

The mechanic change on DN I guess, but it's an over all positive, it just caused me to unlearn what I had learned, and relearn when to put up shields. I'm smart though, I figured it out :wink:

We have seen more participation on Phase 1, as people are more willing to give it a shot again, so P3 is where we slow down instead.
  • What GP is your Guild? - 83,476,104
    What tiers did your Guild try? - We are trying the tier 6 raid since the patch
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? - It has taken us 7 days so far and we are at the end of phase 3
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) - We have not finished it yet and I cannot report on this
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? - I hope so, we are hoping to be able to complete heroic before the end of next year.
    Which change did you like the most? - Not reducing annihilate cool-down on nihilus's basic attack. Also the mod salvage is a good drop.
    Which change did you like the least? - I feel that the hit points could be reduced further, but in the future this probably will not be a problem. You have to have VERY specific teams to do decent damage, not just good teams that work on any other phase. (Phase 1 needs JTR to be good...)
    How has your overall experience changed since the update? - Well I feel that it's a challange for our guild, which is good because it gives us something to work towards. I do not know if we will stay at tier 6 after we clear it, but we will make a decision at the end.
  • Perspective from a non-heroic guild:
    Guild GP: 79 million
    Tiers attempted: 5 & 6
    How long: just under a day for tier 5; not done with tier 6 yet, but looking like 3-4 days
    Quality of rewards: I like the addition of mod salvage to tier 6 rewards
    Guild able to grow? Yes! We had been doing tier 4 primarily pre-change, which took about 2 days to complete. Phase 5 pre-change took just over 4 days, which led to a ticket surplus and became less efficient. With the changes, we completed tier 5 in a day (much faster than anyone expected!) and it looks like we’ll be able to do tier 6 consistently until we get to heroic.
    Best change: overall health pool reduction, although Nihilus losing the cooldown reduction on basic is a close second
    Worst change: I’m satisfied with them all
    How experience changed: We have been able to move up 2 tiers of the raid, which is encouraging. Also, we have had a bit more discussion about team building for heroic. We still have comments about how the raid is a grind, but it’s less of a grind than it used to be.
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    What GP is your Guild?

120M GP

T6

Couple days

Better, maybe. Top rewards are decent. Bottom rewards are still *horrible*. Outside of maybe the top 10, there is no incentive to put effort into it other than to not **** off your guild mates.

Yes, but nothing much about the raid helps that. There are enough mechanic/damage/armor differences that teams that are suggested for T7 are not necessary for T6. Most importantly, there's just no way to know from T6 whether you're ready from T7. Ideally, there should be a more gradual change (e.g. T6 has lower health/damage than T7, but you still can only use troops once) or there should just straight up be a way to "practice" T7 without wasting days of tickets with practically guaranteed failure.

The reward from the raid does not feel like it accelerates that growth at all.

Health drops. T6 is now faster than T5 was. Before, the Sith raid below HM was the worst effort/reward ratio in the game. It's still may be now, but at least it's improved.

Loot improvements. It just wasn't enough for lower ranks and is still kind of meh for top ranks for the effort needed to get there.

It's more tolerable now, and goes faster, but still feels like it's more work than the reward. One downside not mentioned is that since the damage doable in different phases is sooo drastically different but yet the raid still takes days, the top score is more likely to be someone who was able to attack the raid at the right times vs the person with the "best teams". E.g. If you can't play for like 12 hours and your team blows through P2 and P3 in that time and you return for P4, you're probably out of the top 10 no matter how good your teams are.
  • What GP is your Guild? 126M
    What tiers did your Guild try? Heroic
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? Heroic takes us about 6-8 hours, depending on participation.
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) Yes, getting less unneeded gear is great along with the added mod salvage. Was expecting gold mod salvage to be in there as well.
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? N/A
    Which change did you like the most? Annihilate being more predictable making it less RNG based.
    Which change did you like the least? N/A
    How has your overall experience changed since the update? P1 is easier to take on now, without having to restart multiple times because of RNG.
  • What GP is your Guild? 97 mil GP guild

What tiers did your Guild try? We were stuck on T4 until the change, we're able to do T6 but takes forever.

How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? T5 took us 2 refreshes and so far T6 is taking us 3+ refreshes.

Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) Yes. Much better.

Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Yes, especially with RJT coming back, it'll allow more RJT teams.

Which change did you like the most? The ease of mechanics, trying to time boss spells.

Which change did you like the least? All plus for our casual guild

How has your overall experience changed since the update? Great. Keep it going CG!
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    <<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes!

We launched a ton of changes to the Sith Triumvirate recently and we want to know how it went for you! Did your Guild manage to step up to the next tier? Are you completing the raids faster?

These changes were overshadowed a bit by some other big announcements (looking at you Chewie...) but we want to check in now that you have had some time to play with the changes. We are still monitoring how Guilds are progressing in this raid but we want to hear directly from you!

Here are the patch notes for reference.
    • What GP is your Guild?
    • What tiers did your Guild try?
    • How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?
    • Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)
    • Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
    • Which change did you like the most?
    • Which change did you like the least?
    • How has your overall experience changed since the update?

<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>

Our guild GP is about 29 Million.
    We tried tier 6 briefly, by mistake, and now tier 4.
    Tier 6 was abandoned after a day, when we had the tickets to do tier 4 again. Tier 4 took 3 days to finish.
    We'll be getting the rewards shortly, but I don't expect much difference. The key improvement for us is in time invested to obtain the rewards.
    We do feel as though we will improve faster, although the mountain still seems quite insurmountable between us and heroic.
    We most like the decreased health pools.
    We least like the Traya saber change, as most of us don't really know what it really did.
    Overall, it's been a very positive change. Even the lowest tiers were taking a significant amount of time to finish before. Tier 4 taking only 3 days is very heartening.
  • 62 million GP guild

Tiers 4 and 5

About 1 1/2 days for tier 4, about 3 days for tier 5 (and that’s without full participation).

No, the rewards weren’t all that great. A bit better though.

Yeah. We’ll be able to beat tier 6 much sooner than we would’ve without these changes.

I liked the reduced health pools.

I didn’t like how some of the gear we actually need was removed.

It’s a much better experience. Thanks for the changes.
  • JiggyMoose wrote: »
    Top 10 in HSTR almost never get fully crafted pieces. Don’t know if it’s just bad luck, but it’s gotten to the point it’s absurd. The rewards still are trash

Been first for about 3 months now not a single fully built piece... I have enough salvage for around 4 of each but they dont talk about the other "older" g12 which you get 3 salavge of... I'll get a g12+ after about 30 raids at that point. Also need to extend to top 20 its only fair at this point dont need to get into guilds losing players anymore you know its happening.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    What GP is your Guild? 68,597,800

What tiers did your Guild try? Tier 5 and Tier 6

How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? 14 hours to do tier 5 and 3 days for tier 6

Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) So so. I got second place in tier 6 and the rewards were not what i needed to gear up any team i use on the sith raid

Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? No. Not from these changes i think we are a year out from getting to Tier 7

Which change did you like the most? Boss health reduction. Though its not in tier 7 so its misleading

Which change did you like the least? Not fixing the main problem that sucks the fun out of phase 1. Nihilus protection regen on debuff basic has to go. It makes this whole raid suck

How has your overall experience changed since the update? Unchanged. I still hate playing this. Rewards stink, time investment vs reward is awful. Raid is unfun and this doesnt fix it.

Overall:

Nice try but this does not fix the issue that makes this raid awful.

You need to fix nihilus protection regen so that scores are maximized.

Without that this is truely the worst raid and is doomed to be something we all hate and just power through to get traya shards
  • VoodooKing
    101 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    • What GP is your Guild? 145M GP
    • What tiers did your Guild try? Heroic
    • How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? About 2 hours
    • Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) The slicing gear is welcomed. I'd prefer fully crafted G12 pieces though.
    • Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? NA
    • Which change did you like the most? Phase 1 DN reduced RNG
    • Which change did you like the least? Nightsister Zombie for Phase 4, I have her at G8 and didn't have time go gear her up to G10 for the raid.
    • How has your overall experience changed since the update? Good overall.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    [*] What GP is your Guild?
    About 48.6 millions.
    [*] What tiers did your Guild try?
    Before the update it was tier III, now tier IV and next tier V.
    [*] How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?
    Tier IV took less than a day to complete because of that we are going to try V this week.
    [*] Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)
    Yes because we move up on tiers.
    [*] Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
    Yes.
    [*] Which change did you like the most?
    Less HP makes this raid not a chore like it was before.
    [*] Which change did you like the least?
    I saw no problem for me.
    [*] How has your overall experience changed since the update?
    It was good. :smiley:

• Faction bonuses don't do enough in the raid and some people need challenge gear.

A simple-ish solution would be to add a separate drop table for challenge gear, so it would be an upgrade for people that need doing and don't need challenge gear.

Another idea would be to add a "challenge token" of sorts that allows players to refresh challenge battles. Drops would have to be fairly high (probably between 5 and 10 for t6 or 7) and have a smaller chance to receive fleet challenge versions. It would have to take 2 or 3 tokens to refresh a non-gear challenge and have a small daily usage limit.

As for faction bonuses, I think every character that has a bonus should have increased potency, tenacity or health. Bounty hunters should get increased potency for detonators and gain a small amount of turn meter for each one that doesn't land and they should deal 5% bonus damage for each hit on an enemy with a detonator or burning. Resistance should deal 25-50% of the damage that an expose would do every time an expose is resisted or expires so Finn can do a little more in t7 (I know they have no relation to the triumvirate or sith but it'd be helpful for new players, since they'll want to invest for aat and str). Nightsisters could get a small dodge chance increase and heal themselves each time they dodge buy they're already amazing in p3 and 4. Galactic heroes are fine but rex and ugnaught should gain the buff. Jedi should gain stacking offense until they take a turn for every buff that they gain. And sith should have +25% health and offense in the raid since the sith can never play nice to each other.

I'm only hoping ugnaught becomes a galactic hero after being neglected for so long. Buff ugnaught before grievous