Chewy Arena Success?

Replies

• Zinke7 wrote: »
    Mobile Gamer has video on youtube where he is using him instead of Ezra on Bastilla lead Jedi team and it works well on offense destroying Traya lead Sith teams.

Guild mate is running bastila lead with chewy, han, gmy and gk. Had to switch his team out so his shard mates could get their payouts.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I’ve played around with a Chewie team after getting him to g12+ and swapping in a full set of rarity 6 mods. Traya still one shots him early on. Han dies soon after. All the counters and assists under CLS eat up 35% health against a Traya lead.

Ironically, despite all the uproar, Chewie isn’t turning out to be such a legendary character after all. It’s a shame, because I’m so tired of the same old Traya team. Until something better comes along, I guess I’m stuck using it.

Traya is the hardest character in the game to 7*, so I'm glad Chewie doesn't beat her easily.

That said, Chewie seems pretty legendary to me. One of the best characters in the game.
  • Its obnoxiously annoying whenever a new character is released and people flood the forums with "X character is overhyped" or "I beat that comp np it sucks". Here's a spoiler for you, EVERY meta squad can WIN on OFFENSE and EVERY meta comp can LOSE on defense! Of course you'll beat rebel squads but I guarantee that rebel squad can beat you! I've been told that my titans squad wouldn't hold against nightmare/Traya yet oddly enough I beat them all day long and stay snug in my top 30 spot. Its all about RNG.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Its obnoxiously annoying whenever a new character is released and people flood the forums with "X character is overhyped" or "I beat that comp np it sucks". Here's a spoiler for you, EVERY meta squad can WIN on OFFENSE and EVERY meta comp can LOSE on defense! Of course you'll beat rebel squads but I guarantee that rebel squad can beat you! I've been told that my titans squad wouldn't hold against nightmare/Traya yet oddly enough I beat them all day long and stay snug in my top 30 spot. Its all about RNG.

Or there are only 30 people active on your leaderboard =D
  • It's "Chewie" arena success.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Chewy successfully ate a zeta of mine. That’s about all I see as a benefit
  • Hotsauce wrote: »
    I have been trying to use chewie for past couple days. I am testing versus completely maxed teams. I’m talking all g12 pieces and mostly 6e mods on the key chars. The best setup I have found is the cls/chewie/han/r2/l3. It defends very successfully vs the maxed EP lead/traya teams but traya leads if they are maxed are really tough to beat on offense especially the nest/trooper combo and would just walk through on defense.

The problem is chewie is getting killed early even on offense by traya. Traya almost always pops him early. My g12 chewie is only short one of he weaker g12 pieces he is 4/5. I can’t see anything at this point helping prevent that.

So in the end a team that cannot atleast give a little bit of a fight to traya lead isn’t worth much in arena considering most of our shards are filled with those teams.

I am frustrated with the game changer videos for sure this time around. In my opinion chewie was made out/advertised to be a lot stronger and more “game changing” then he actually is. Just another TW/TB character it seems.

I feel like this is spot on. I've tried running McMoles recommended team CLS, R2, Han, Chewy and Nest and win maybe 1 outta 5 with better mods then he shows. Tried subbing Old Ben for Nest, same result. Tried Old Ben for R2.. no luck. And this is vs 95k 5 star Traya teams.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Update: I haven't completely maxed Chewy yet, but I'm relatively happy so far with him in arena. I've been able to win nearly every arena match. The only negative it seems to fall a little further than my Traya team.

Now I'm adding rarity 6 mods so they hit harder and hopefully will he a little better on D.

Finally, arena is fun again running this team!

What is the secret? I tried zzzCLS, zzR2, zzChewy, zHan Solo, zOB and no luck. Modded them how McMole's video shows so Han isn't too fast and lots of offense but still win 20% maybe vs much weaker teams than the top 20 have. I tried subbing out OB for Enfys Nest and same lackluster results. Either Sion gets Hatred and kills my whole team, or I get a draw trying to kill their Nest for 5 mins..constantly removing Nest TM with Han and CLS and Nest never gets a turn to lose her protection buff.

Think I may be going back to Bastilla and the Jedi with Chewy somewhere in there.
  • The weakness of this squad is using L3.

If you are going to use nest then use your own sith team. Traya is..better on D..PERIOD

Arena viable..yes.
    Best team...no
  • JediRobb wrote: »
    plindboe wrote: »
    Traya is the hardest character in the game to 7*, so I'm glad Chewie doesn't beat her easily.

Please. All you have to do is be in a HSTR guild. If you’re in the right guild she couldn’t be easier to get to seven stars. Nothing difficult about that at all. Anyone who has been playing for several months and knows what they’re doing could get in such a guild and unlock Traya without doing anything but tagging in.

Sure, just convince 49 people to work for you and it isnt hard any more at all.
    I wonder why there are poor people in thr world? Why dont they just convince 49 people to work and pay for their living?
  • JediRobb wrote: »
    plindboe wrote: »

Please. All you have to do is be in a HSTR guild. If you’re in the right guild she couldn’t be easier to get to seven stars. Nothing difficult about that at all. Anyone who has been playing for several months and knows what they’re doing could get in such a guild and unlock Traya without doing anything but tagging in.

Sure, just convince 49 people to work for you and it isnt hard any more at all.
    I wonder why there are poor people in thr world? Why dont they just convince 49 people to work and pay for their living?

You could just make a new account to see that it’s possible even at basically 0 gp.
    Anyone who’s been playing longer than 15 months can have her easily. Below that requires luck/friends/good bargaining skills but still possible.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I’m having good success with CLS (L), Han, Chewie, L3 & Thrawn...

It beats everything pretty easily on offense and I haven’t been falling much at all overnight...
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Smapty wrote: »

It beats everything pretty easily on offense and I haven’t been falling much at all overnight...
    @Smapty
    Worth a shot, thanks for sharing.
    edit: quick question though, are you facing alot of nests?
    Post edited by Boov on
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Boov wrote: »

@Smapty
    Worth a shot, thanks for sharing.
    edit: quick question though, are you facing alot of nests?

Thanks to Han's opening, Nest is not a big deal. She just needs to stay stunned as often as possible, but not fractured.
  • Bastilla Yoda hyoda GK & chewie, Yoda gets the guard buff.

Plows through everything except traya leads.

Chewie just kills himself.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Bastilla Yoda hyoda GK & chewie, Yoda gets the guard buff.

Plows through everything except traya leads.

Chewie just kills himself.

Yeah Traya is the problem. Jedi bastila teams plow through everything but Traya too.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Zinke7 wrote: »
    Mobile Gamer has video on youtube where he is using him instead of Ezra on Bastilla lead Jedi team and it works well on offense destroying Traya lead Sith teams.

Guild mate is running bastila lead with chewy, han, gmy and gk. Had to switch his team out so his shard mates could get their payouts.

Are there no Trayas on his shard?
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    My shard (Dez. 15) is very competitive. More then 40 players in the top 50 are using Traya lead.
    Iam using Chewie offensive very succsessfull in the Beasttrooper Squad (Thrawn (L), DT, Magma, Chewie and Han). Going through Trayasquads like a hot knife through butter.

For defensive i change to CLS, Han, OB, Chewie and Thrawn.
    Only droped from 2 to 11 last night.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    I havent run in arena yet, but testing a no leader:

Raid Han, Young Han, Chewie, Vandor, L3. Zaalbar might eventually replace Vandor.

Once young Han gets prepared, you can have triple attacks and it does pretty crazy damage.

Cool, I had pretty much the same idea except I was planning to run Zaalbar instead of young han and put crit damage and chance on him. Have you done much more testing with it yet? Don't actually own raid han yet so can't test myself
  • I am running CLS(L), Raid Han, OG Chewy, Thrawn, and R2-D2. I have gone from mid 200's into 93rd with my attempts so far. It was going not so well until I zeta'd Chewy to give health and protection to guarded allies. I moded the toons so that CLS is the weakest (lowest health + protection) but he is really fast so every time him and Han use an ability Chewy assists and feeds massive health and protection to those 2.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    MattyKelps wrote: »
    I am running CLS(L), Raid Han, OG Chewy, Thrawn, and R2-D2. I have gone from mid 200's into 93rd with my attempts so far. It was going not so well until I zeta'd Chewy to give health and protection to guarded allies. I moded the toons so that CLS is the weakest (lowest health + protection) but he is really fast so every time him and Han use an ability Chewy assists and feeds massive health and protection to those 2.

I ran this last night and did well without moving my arena mods. Did ok. How does it hold on D?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Quoting myself.... how narcissistic :(

Anyway...
    Here’s a good video of how this team ideally works vs Traya squads (the guy I’m figtining has Thrawn moving at +152 speed)

Enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TcFaLDrOMlM
    Post edited by Smapty on
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

Anyway...
    Here’s a good video of how this team ideally works vs Traya squads (the guy I’m figtining has Thrawn moving at +152 speed)

Enjoy!

Good stuff. Since I know you are a scoundrel fan, have your tried Young Han in place of Thrawn or L3? Once he gets prepared there are a lot of triple hits, but not sure if extra damage is worth it over tank or fracture.
  • I don’t have traya yet. I use Chewie with Jedi and he is an upgrade over Ezra. https://youtu.be/aA-c-JtGVrY (This is before I added g12+ gear to Chewie. Now I have him with 90k HP and 5100 offense. He rips right through Sith Trooper, Nihilus and sion. He might die, but he takes at least one first allowingmy Jedi to finish the job)
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »

Anyway...

Enjoy!

Good stuff. Since I know you are a scoundrel fan, have your tried Young Han in place of Thrawn or L3? Once he gets prepared there are a lot of triple hits, but not sure if extra damage is worth it over tank or fracture.

I’ve tried a lot of variations... Young Han can certainly be nasty...

1e9Fr9a.jpg

But he’s much better suited to a Q led team... he really shines with Q and Vandor and some other scoundrels to make things interesting (I’m looking at you big Z)

The only viable exchange in this team is to use Vandor Chewie instead of Thrawn vs Bastilla (if you just want to click auto and win)

Otherwise you just detract from their overall effectiveness... from my experience at least 😬

(Hopefully I’m wrong and something else I haven’t even thought of is way better)
This discussion has been closed.