CLS Solo Questions

Vendi1983
5018 posts Member
edited September 2018
Hi,

I've solo'd the HRancor with several different compositions now, and my FO squad does it with the least amount of manual effort, time, and stress.

I'm ready to unlock CLS next time it rolls around with the gear and mats to take him right to at least G11, 2 zeta (IBAT + Learn Control).

My question is what is really needed to pull off the one-man Solo? Speed target and gear target mostly.

I have a full set of crit damage and crit chance mods ready to go on him that will grant +85 speed but not sure it's enough. +Offense on cross, +CD on triangle, too.

Cheers

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Speed, and potency. He needs to apply the turn meter reduction. Also a Zeta on "It Binds All Things" is helpful, because he'll gain turn meter when he applies debuffs. A Zeta on his leadership will give him turn meter when the rancor resists.

By himself he's a little slow to complete it. Unsure how much time.

I use Wedge, Biggs, Jyn, Han, and CLS on auto, and with good mods it takes about 6 minutes.
  • Good info! Thanks!
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    misinformed info.

CLS doesn't need potency, because he applies tenacity down. He might want tenacity or protection to take hits when RNG rejects his tmr.

Solos is actually easier easier with more than CLS. Specifically Thrawn. Should be able to start it up and hit auto.

I usually use CLS, Han, Thrawn, and then just whoever
  • I just wanted to try the "One Man Army" approach is all. I am also aware of the Tenacity Down/low potency solution. I meant thanks mainly for the zeta advice etc.
  • He's too slow for you to solo the rancor with him only. Either you should give him more speed (over 100 I think) or pair him with Han
  • So I unlocked CLS and went on a massive spending spree. He's G11+2, double Zeta (Learn Control and IBAT). Full CD/CC set sliced all to gold except the arrow. Speed is now 246 (+94), with CD triangle and offense cross.

Do-able? Before people repeat: don't have 7* Raid Han.
  • give it a shot. If it doesn't work, add more speed. That's really the issue you'd run into. If the rancor is taking turns, then he's too slow and RNG may ruin your run eventually. If he's fast enough, then damage only matters if you want to beat it in record time.
  • True. Thanks! We have one starting tomorrow so I'll see how it goes.
  • Hey guys! Thanks for the advice! It paid off and I cleared it in about 20 minutes on manual. A bit more speed would have made P4 easier as the Rancor was 3 turns to enrage by the time I won. A little too close for comfort.

ldyd1lrsta7r.png
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Nice work! Congrats!

Did you end up using him with the 246 speed you posted above, or did you manage to get more on him?
  • No just the 246. I feel it would be easier with a few more of the G11 pieces as I only have two. There are several that boost his damage and would have cleared p4 faster. I've sliced all his mods to gold except the arrow to get the +94. Just the cross and triangle are tricky to find better initial speed before slicing.
  • Try Auto and make popcorn :)
  • I'm going to run your "Father/Son Hunting Trip" combo next raid, @DuneSeaFarmer. Hilarious idea.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Let us know how it goes :D

It's been a while, but I think I ran DV as leader, with his lead, zeta'd. The build up of Debuffs makes it go faster. If you try, keep an eye on it, in case you need to retreat. But, be warned, if you go from p1 to say 3, and retreat, you will come back at p3 if I remember correctly. Anyone, am I right?
  • Yes you re-enter at the point you retreated at, OR, wherever the Guild is at collectively. Whichever is further along.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Speed, and potency. He needs to apply the turn meter reduction. Also a Zeta on "It Binds All Things" is helpful, because he'll gain turn meter when he applies debuffs. A Zeta on his leadership will give him turn meter when the rancor resists.

I use Wedge, Biggs, Jyn, Han, and CLS on auto, and with good mods it takes about 6 minutes.
    nice to know was going to go vader route but can save the zeta and go cls as quicker auto and think u might need some manual imput on Vader not sure but seems the best route for now.

• Keep in mind there's a visual bug in P4 where the enrage timer goes down by 2 instead of 1. So it might look like he's enraged but he's not until he had 15 turns.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    First I've heard of that.

In P2 (and P3 of STR btw) the boss takes one turn coming out of topple and another to attack, so it goes down 2 every topple. Never heard of this happening in P4 though.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jkray622 wrote: »

Take out Jyn and it goes even faster. Just go Wiggs, Han, CLS, more damage per turn.
  • Sliced and swapped and have him up to +99 speed, and now G12+0. Even easier with the harder hits and the extra speed. Very quickly building to 7* Han and then they can both go in.

@2smooth go with whatever mods make CLS faster. I have an offense cross and CD triangle on my CD/CC set. You don't need potency for raids, particularly the Rancor, as CLS is applying his own Tenacity Down.
  • Ok good potency mods r hard to farm will stick with main set speed. Will run rebels as next team so won’t have to take from arena everytime raid begins.