The Chewie event was tuned easy and anybody who disagrees is wrong.

1235Next

Replies

• Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    Rayley wrote: »
    it's probably the most f2p friendly legenday event ever.

I didn't even have to spend a single (ingame earned) crystal to get 7* chewie. Can't say the same for thrawn and JTR. For both i needed to use hoarded crystals, without using those i wouldn't have gotten them 7* the first go around.

This says it best. I can’t remember if I 7* Thrawn right away. I did not unlock BB-8 or RJT right away. For this one it was a walk in the park.

The OP here thinks that, "took me about half an hour to 7* him" is 'easy' because he's both gloating and trolling.

I followed APlus' guide and had the exact same team using the same mod setup as him. Not one time did the RNG follow through for me the way it did for me.

It comes down to RNG, even for some if they had Bossk for lead it still gave them rubbish RNG a few times. There were times I'd make one move and Chewie would get two moves (not bonus attacks) before I got to take another turn even with my speed being over 200. There were times Han moved twice (not bonus attacks) before I got to move again.

And I 3*'d the 7* Thrawn tier with my gear 8 Phoenix squad. The 5* level for Chewie was tougher than the 7* for Thrawn.

By the next time this event rolls around I'll have 7* Bossk and walk through it. Hopefully they'll fix the glitches that happened benefiting the AI for next time though. Oh, and of course stop that stupid cut scene from playing every single time.

I started "gloating" before I even attempted the event. It was an easy event. Essentially beat this arena team with preloaded tm. If you cant handle the event being this difficult then you wont like whats ahead.
    This event had no business letting people without Bossk clear it. Yet alone letting people with multiple g8 toons clear.
  • Stud3099 wrote: »
    @krjstoff I was able to do it with less. The key for me (with the same team but lower gear) was to get a run where no one died on the opening hit and R2 didn't stealth everyone. With that, my Boba went first and I used Basic on Chewie. Then Bossk went and I taunted. Then IG-88 went and I used AOE. Bossk get full TM due to IG special so I used assist attack on Chewie. Boba went next and executed the large amounts of buffs and debuffs on chewie to finish him. The others fell like dominoes but I went Han, Lando, Leia, R2.

Good luck!

Strange ... because during my many attempts whenever I used any kind of AOE, I would immediately lose at least one toon due to the rebel team gaining TM.

Never mind. Event is over. Maybe I'll get him next time if I want to bother with it.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    Rayley wrote: »
    it's probably the most f2p friendly legenday event ever.

I didn't even have to spend a single (ingame earned) crystal to get 7* chewie. Can't say the same for thrawn and JTR. For both i needed to use hoarded crystals, without using those i wouldn't have gotten them 7* the first go around.

This says it best. I can’t remember if I 7* Thrawn right away. I did not unlock BB-8 or RJT right away. For this one it was a walk in the park.

The OP here thinks that, "took me about half an hour to 7* him" is 'easy' because he's both gloating and trolling.

I followed APlus' guide and had the exact same team using the same mod setup as him. Not one time did the RNG follow through for me the way it did for me.

It comes down to RNG, even for some if they had Bossk for lead it still gave them rubbish RNG a few times. There were times I'd make one move and Chewie would get two moves (not bonus attacks) before I got to take another turn even with my speed being over 200. There were times Han moved twice (not bonus attacks) before I got to move again.

And I 3*'d the 7* Thrawn tier with my gear 8 Phoenix squad. The 5* level for Chewie was tougher than the 7* for Thrawn.

By the next time this event rolls around I'll have 7* Bossk and walk through it. Hopefully they'll fix the glitches that happened benefiting the AI for next time though. Oh, and of course stop that stupid cut scene from playing every single time.

I started "gloating" before I even attempted the event. It was an easy event. Essentially beat this arena team with preloaded tm. If you cant handle the event being this difficult then you wont like whats ahead.
    This event had no business letting people without Bossk clear it. Yet alone letting people with multiple g8 toons clear.

Good deal...
  • maybe easy... but my BH's were teh suck, so no Chewy unlock for me this time... which probably means no first event JKL unlock for me either :-P I haz to work on my Sith and Solo teams anyways.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    I didn’t find the event easy, I found it very hard. The only reason I found it hard is that I didn’t bother to gear my bounty hunters sufficiently and was too lazy to move mods around. If I had managed to finish farming Bossk in time I would probably have made a serious effort at 7* chewie but I’m in no rush and will do it next time the event returns. Point is just because it is hard to beat unless you have decent gear and mods and use some strategy, it doesn’t mean it should be easier. I think it was at a good level.
  • Let's move this post out of general Discussion, it's getting old, stop feeding the troll
  • So, gear 11-12 is now simply 'decent'?

OK...
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    lovemat wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I would expect all future legendaries to be as hard as this. The bar has been set.

Only Legendary events that will bring meta changing Characters like Jedi Luke or Revan. Jedi Luke is definitely coming soon I thought Rebel pilot Luke would be first but judging by the difficulty of Chewbacca it's Jedi Luke. I think Rolo , Chewbacca ,raid Han, CLS and either R2D2, Hermit Yoda or Lando

Raid han was from ep4, r2 was already used and Luke had little to no interaction with Lando..... My money is on Hoda, captain han, rolo, CLS and Chewbacca....

I'm wondering how they would use hoda. He never fought, but r2 did. It makes more sense that it would be r2 but there's no way they would leave out Hoda. I'm betting on both
  • ZCD_9915 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    lovemat wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    I would expect all future legendaries to be as hard as this. The bar has been set.

Only Legendary events that will bring meta changing Characters like Jedi Luke or Revan. Jedi Luke is definitely coming soon I thought Rebel pilot Luke would be first but judging by the difficulty of Chewbacca it's Jedi Luke. I think Rolo , Chewbacca ,raid Han, CLS and either R2D2, Hermit Yoda or Lando

Raid han was from ep4, r2 was already used and Luke had little to no interaction with Lando..... My money is on Hoda, captain han, rolo, CLS and Chewbacca....

I'm wondering how they would use hoda. He never fought, but r2 did. It makes more sense that it would be r2 but there's no way they would leave out Hoda. I'm betting on both

I'd say hoda would be in a dagobah level with cls and r2 to fight swamp creatures or what not. His heal and protection regain could help.

Lando, chewie, rolo, and r2 likely will have a bespin level against stormtroopers to get to the falcon to rescue luke from the bottom of cloud city.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Has everyone forgotten how RNG-dependent the Thrawn Legendary event was?

Chewie: took me 6 hours
    Thrawn: took the whole week
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Fauztin wrote: »

I 3 starred the final tier of Thrawn (7*) with my gear 8 phoenix squad. It didn't take me a hundred tries either. It took me about 10 attempts. The last two or three were because I swapped on my arena mods and gave it a shot. (most of my PS are still gear 8 too, just ezra is higher because he's part of my arena squad now.)

Meanwhile, 5* Chewie was "tougher" to get through and I had stronger characters to use for it. Bossk really is the difference, but even WITH him people still had trouble getting 7* chewie.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Fauztin wrote: »

Very very large difference between a week on thrawn with G7-8 characteers and 6 hours on chewy with G11-12's. Put 11-12's on phoenix and you'll walk through 7* thrawn.

Thrawn took me 2 tries (10 minutes) with Ezra 10, Hera/Kanaan 9, Zeb/Chop 8 - 1 omega each.
    You won't get past T5 with Bh's at those levels.

Note: And, yes, i'm aware my team for Thrawn is above 7-8. However, there are people who claim they beat it with lvl 77 toons, no omegas and gear 7-8. Pushing 3 toons past 8 for thrawn is infinitely easier than pushing 5 past 10 for Chewy.