13Next

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Aplus wrote: »
    I thought about this, and honestly I cannot be more thankful for the restriction.

6 star mods should be the killing mod, the ace card, the very best thing that shines through when both you and your enemies’ squad are equivalently strong that the 6E mods just give you that slight upperhand/ advantage.

Without the restriction on g12, you will start seeing low level whales with level 50 toons at g7 running 6 6E mods and destroying everyone in the arena. By keeping it strictly g12, it minimizes the impact on the general gameplay ecosystem while allowing end game players and whales have something to pursuit after.

Um... People have already answered this by lowering the restriction to g11 only. Also if they were true whales, they would be at g12 7* and they can buy 40 of those 6* slicing mats twice a week, so I think you meant that the restrictions are worse.

Ppl still complaining if the restriction lowered to G11...

"i have to move my best mod to a G7 toon to pass xxxxxxxxx event now I just cant"

Not really. The problem is not that the requirement is too high, it's that any toon that you can't yet currently farm 7* also can not get g12 and use t6 mods. There's a two step gate here. For quite a long time noone but the spenders have access the recently released toons (which we can easily g11 to make them useful, but can't use our best mods on). This will always be so, when we 7* up the current ones, there will be more new ones that the majority has to use as is. It's a hard limit, not an arbitrary one like -it should be g7-.

To me this marks a design failure. We have to not use this extra level of mod slicing (even though we are capable of it) not to be locked out of arena or whatever team modding. In the long term the implications are worse. The gap between a full everything vs. non-bought version of a toon will only widen.
  • Options
    How about: Keep slicing your best mods AND get your toons to G12? Win-win if you ask me.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    How about: Keep slicing your best mods AND get your toons to G12? Win-win if you ask me.

And what do you do when the next arena meta arrives?
  • shb
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »

I think that's what we all WANT to do, but we lose the ability to out those great mods on sub 7* characters complete.
    So it's not about the old characters so much as the new characters that are placed behind paywalls and months long grinds.

But there is also the issue that as they introduce new events that require specific characters or factions, we also lose the ability to use these power ups that some of us has spent years grinding. Slicing to 6* mods is supposed to feel like we're gaining power and ability, but to me it feels like there are A LOT of players who are losing power and ability for most of their roster.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Options
    Just to pile on but not say anything new, I've also been very hesitant to 6* mods for exactly this reason. They lose versatility, and I lose the ability to move mods if necessary for a specific need.
  • Options
    I propose to change the game to compromise, and allow equipping Mk6 mods to gear 11 and below characters, but they would only give the same benefit as when they were pre-Mk6.