What chewy line up to run?

I have read a lot of the conversation here on the forums about chewy, how he gets slugged on D, etc. (I am in an October 2017 shard) my question is what Chewbacca lineup seems to work best for those of you in older shards? Would a ROLO lead rebel team work better then a CLS lead team? What characters should I run with Chewbacca, who should lead the group?

Replies

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Here’s the team...

(At least what works best from my experience so far vs current high end meta teams)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TcFaLDrOMlM
  • I currently face a lot of G12 NS teams (mother T lead) and emperor Palpantine lead teams with DN and DS.
  • What are the perks of running Thrawn and L3, rather than OB and nest, or R2 and nest?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    What are the perks of running Thrawn and L3, rather than OB and nest, or R2 and nest?

Thrawn was the missing link for making it work...

Make him as fast as possible and fracture Sion or GK or Old Ben or Yoda or whoever causes problems for the systematic destruction of their team...

I’ve had a hard time finding another character that fills his role... and believe me I’ve tried

L3 has the auto taunt... and even if she gets isolated she can still gain MK stacks (which make her even tougher once you clear the isolate by killing Traya)
    Also she dispels debuffs on other scoundrels (Han, Chewie and herself) every time she takes damage... at G12 she is pretty nasty ;)

It’s super efficient once you get that hang of kill order and when to use what skills...

I feel like defensively it’s probably not that amazing... but still it’s rare for me to fall past 20 before it’s time to move again towards payout...

I’ve had people in my shard tell me it destroyed their team on defense (although I think that’s rare and purely RNG dependent)

It’s a fun team for sure!

Try it out :)
  • I will have to try that out..... When I finally get L3 to 7*. I haven't even upgraded her yet.
  • @Smapty: how do you mod your CLS lineup?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Since your shard has not yet experienced Traya domination, the team in the video is a pretty good investment. I think it can even coexist with some Trayas around the top.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    @Smapty: how do you mod your CLS lineup?

Here’s my gg profile if you want to see the mods...

https://swgoh.gg/p/298548193/

It beats everything so far offensively....

Basically at a speed that can match your opponents... and a pretty strong team ;)
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Since your shard has not yet experienced Traya domination, the team in the video is a pretty good investment. I think it can even coexist with some Trayas around the top.

Actually 10 of the top 20 players in my shard are running full Traya lead, with all the Zeta's.
  • @Smapty: would you say speed mods are better then Crit. Damage mods?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @Smapty: would you say speed mods are better then Crit. Damage mods?

It depends on the teams you are fighting...

You want to outspeed them at certain points...especially Thrawn being fast enough so that he can fracture as early as possible...

Ideally you want Sion fractured vs. a Traya team before he moves... or vs. Bastilla teams you want Yoda or GK/ Old Ben fractured... makes them easy to dismantle (even against double tank bastilla teams or even worse... Bastilla with Chewie)

It quickly turns into a blood bath with Chewie assisting CLS & Han....

I don’t mod Han super fast... but I give him some big damage mods and still try to keep him moving at a respectable speed ;)

Speed ultimately is king however and will benefit your team the most...

being able to do things before the other team will almost always give you an advantage
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

Actually 10 of the top 20 players in my shard are running full Traya lead, with all the Zeta's.

Do you have the prospect to get Traya soon? If not my suggestion still hold.

• No. the people who have traya are whales, I am in a 45GP guild we won't be getting traya any time soon.
  • JDK82
    151 posts Member
    Don't know why people keep saying that chewie isn't beating easily traya and that he doesn't hold well on defence.

Rightly moded and in the correct team he just destroys traya on offence and even holds on defence very well.

I also do think that subbing out r2 is a mistake thanks to his many additional boni (double zeta) for the team.
    The 5th in the line up just has the purpose to take the isolate move from traya. If it's like srp and he additional feeds the team tm - even better.

This is a match against a fast traya team:

https://youtu.be/Hifuc9pbQRk
  • For God's sake, IT'S CHEWIE not CHEWY! What's wrong with you people?
  • Smapty wrote: »
    @Smapty: how do you mod your CLS lineup?

Here’s my gg profile if you want to see the mods...

https://swgoh.gg/p/298548193/

It beats everything so far offensively....

Basically at a speed that can match your opponents... and a pretty strong team ;)

It's true this team is strong on def. and O. I'm on a very old shard and these teams with l337 were in day one of Chewie's event. Half of the top 20 is trying out some iteration, but l337 seems to be the general consensus, especially at g12.

• I'm running zzzCLS/zzR2/zHan/zzOB/zzChewbacca and glided easily into the top 10, much easier than I've ever had grinding up
  • Has anyone tried cls lead with vandor, l3, han, and chewie?

Or swapping luke for a Qi'ra lead? Sounds like amazing sustainability and still high damage.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    @Killbot5000 I am going to Run Qira RHan Chewie L3 and either Nest Vandor or Yhan over the next week and will let you know. Just need to swap arena mods today. Team is mostly only g11, so it will be a bit weak but I will let you know what I find.
  • Smapty how you beat that team is you make traya slower nilly cleanses taunt and traya isolates chewie GG game over
  • Fai
    3 posts Member
    ah fast nest applying dace on chewie and they are done
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Fai wrote: »
    ah fast nest applying dace on chewie and they are done

L3 solves that problem almost immediately with her auto-cleanse.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    JDK82 wrote: »
    Don't know why people keep saying that chewie isn't beating easily traya and that he doesn't hold well on defence.

Rightly moded and in the correct team he just destroys traya on offence and even holds on defence very well.

I also do think that subbing out r2 is a mistake thanks to his many additional boni (double zeta) for the team.
    The 5th in the line up just has the purpose to take the isolate move from traya. If it's like srp and he additional feeds the team tm - even better.

That traya has no health/protection. The ones on my shard are 80-100k total pool
  • JDK82
    151 posts Member
    Lilpup wrote: »
    JDK82 wrote: »

That traya has no health/protection. The ones on my shard are 80-100k total pool

That doesn't make a big difference- do also have 7☆ trayas with such a health/prot pool in my arena.
    By the time you get down to traya - thrawn, nihilus and sion are gone = win. Even if you need a couple of more hits against her...