What could this mean??? (Road Ahead 10-5-18)

Replies

  • Finally! Hondo confirmed
  • Work faster, nerds.
  • It’s Jar Jar
  • I thought maybe a rail fence cypher because of the pattern of the gold letters. A Caesar cypher doesn’t add up to anything, regardless of number shifted.
  • Do
    Tsuo_Vook wrote: »
    Okay, taking the upper block as one big lump of hex code and ignoring the gold letters, we get the following hex bits:

    45 55 55 4B 41 49 5A 59 55 51 59 5A 4B 47 49 57 4F 54 58 59 47 4E 4F 4E 4F 45 55 51 4F 5A 54 47 4F 43 58 47 56 52 48 4E 58 49 45 55 54 47 43 4B 55 47 4B 59 44 47 55 4B 42 41 54 4B

    That gives a cyphertext of:

    EUUKAIZYUQYZKGIWOTXYGNONOEUQOZTGOCXGVRHNXIEUTGCKUGKYDGUKBATK

    Will work on the latter part now, but that may be helpful for anyone else currently working on it.

    Do the gold letters by themselves produce any hex code?
  • USAFmedic129
    749 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Top is shaped like a Star Destroyer either classic or first order. So we are getting a new Capital ship, Invisible Hand.
    Bottom is General Glasscannon so he is now a fleet commander
  • You’re all wrong. It’s Klingon. Captain Kirk confirmed.
  • Shadowz
    36 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    3ts76deyl1bq.jpg


    This is the bottom section. Which also includes the name along with the letter. Still makes no sense.

  • I broke the code b9dxk35xawi5.jpg
  • Commenting just to laugh tomorrow when I’m hungover. Carry on.
  • Tsuo_Vook wrote: »
    Okay, taking the upper block as one big lump of hex code and ignoring the gold letters, we get the following hex bits:

    45 55 55 4B 41 49 5A 59 55 51 59 5A 4B 47 49 57 4F 54 58 59 47 4E 4F 4E 4F 45 55 51 4F 5A 54 47 4F 43 58 47 56 52 48 4E 58 49 45 55 54 47 43 4B 55 47 4B 59 44 47 55 4B 42 41 54 4B

    That gives a cyphertext of:

    EUUKAIZYUQYZKGIWOTXYGNONOEUQOZTGOCXGVRHNXIEUTGCKUGKYDGUKBATK

    Will work on the latter part now, but that may be helpful for anyone else currently working on it.

    Some of your 7s are not 7s but Ds. Example: third character on bottom row.


  • The bottom section of letters is in a diamond pattern. The gold letters are in the third, second and fourth, first and fifth, back to second and forth, then third again. I don't think the gold letters in the bottom section carry significance
  • i thought it looked like a christmas tree and a gift box :smiley:
  • Shadowz wrote: »
    3ts76deyl1bq.jpg


    This is the bottom section. Which also includes the name along with the letter. Still makes no sense.

    I also translated to same answer but on a cell and his looks way nicer. He also did it 5 minutes faster lol
  • Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    4
    45
    555
    4B41
    495A5
    955515
    95A4B47
    49574F54
    5859474E4
    F4E4F45555
    14F5A54474F
    435847565248
    4E58494555544
    7434B55474B594
    447554B4241544B

    DZGAY
    BCRIK
    QHUTE
    VPLMS
    FWXON


    I bolded the yellow letters

    D
    DE
    EEE
    DBDA
    DIEAE
    IEEEAE
    IEADBDG
    DIEGDFED
    EHEIDGDED
    FDEDFDEEEE
    ADFEAEDDIDF
    DCEHDGEFEBDH
    DEFHDIDEEEEDD
    GDCDBEEDGDBEID
    DDGEEDBDBDAEDDB

    DZGAY
    BCRIK
    QHUTE
    VPLMS
    FWXON

    With the numbers converted to letters based on their position in the alphabet.
  • CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    You’re all wrong. It’s Klingon. Captain Kirk confirmed.

    Awesome.

    Stop mocking us and give more hints.
  • APX_919
    1781 posts Member
    Assuming for a moment I am correct about it being a Polybius cipher, there now exists a distinct possibility our friend CG_Crumb took it a step farther and over encrypted it.

    Why? Because the name for the most popular overencryption of a Polybius cipher is a Nihilist cipher. Nihilus=Nihilist? It's a maybe to be sure but given that this is more of a stumper than most clues, this level of complexity would make sense.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Top portion 13 gold letters General Grievous.
  • Just commenting to check in on this tomorrow
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Assuming for a moment I am correct about it being a Polybius cipher, there now exists a distinct possibility our friend CG_Crumb took it a step farther and over encrypted it.

    Why? Because the name for the most popular overencryption of a Polybius cipher is a Nihilist cipher. Nihilus=Nihilist? It's a maybe to be sure but given that this is more of a stumper than most clues, this level of complexity would make sense.

    Can you double-cipher something without it turning into mush? Like put it in one cipher, then that code into another?
  • In the first picture, 7's are not written like the #7 in aurebesh.
    Depending on how it is written, it could mean D or R
    4
    55
    555
    4 B 41
    495 A 5
    95 A 4 B 4 D
    495 R 4 F 54
    58594 D 4 E 4
    F 4 E 4 F 45555
    14 F 5 A 544 D 4 F
    43584 R 565248
    4 E 58494555544
    D 434 B 554 D 4 B 594
    44 D 554 B 4241544 B
  • APX_919
    1781 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Assuming for a moment I am correct about it being a Polybius cipher, there now exists a distinct possibility our friend CG_Crumb took it a step farther and over encrypted it.

    Why? Because the name for the most popular overencryption of a Polybius cipher is a Nihilist cipher. Nihilus=Nihilist? It's a maybe to be sure but given that this is more of a stumper than most clues, this level of complexity would make sense.

    Can you double-cipher something without it turning into mush? Like put it in one cipher, then that code into another?

    Oh yes. Makes it very hard to translate without the key. If you have the key, you're golden. A standard google search came up with some tools that may help folks ti understand the cipher system but not necessarily translate this message.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • It is easy to see they are releasing Kitster with his Wizard Kit!!!

    Star Wars Legend!
Sign In or Register to comment.