What could this mean??? (Road Ahead 10-5-18)

Replies

  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Soooo,

    While I have never played any games including Revan I still read into it quite a bit.
    I‘m just hoping you did not miss the opportunity to finally introduce a Dark Side „Hero‘s Journey“ in form of Revan!
    While play-worth is something else entirely, the epicness of getting a „hero“ and playing through the story is a treat by itself. So far it is LS 2 : DS 0 Hero Journeys.
    I hope it will play out the following way, which would be in the pattern of the Heroes Journeys:

    Jedi Revan will be a legendary character needing Old Republic characters to unlock 5-7* as with all legends.
    Having normal farms and a wegendary as wall we get Darth Revan as first „Hero‘s Fall“ event, requiring aforementioned OR toons with Revan turning dark in the end.
    (Will please Revan fans as there will be both options, LS and DS. It would be the first toon that has 2 characters on both sides)

    That‘s me sitting here, hoping for some Dark Side love 🍪 (in style and epicness of a „Hero“ event)

    @all of the decipher people:
    Awesome, you guys rock!
    @CG_SBCrumb:
    Awesome job man! Even if I didn‘t have time for this one, I love the teasers and especially the effort that is put into it. You really seem to enjoy these things and I believe we actually can see and feel it!
  • Wouldn’t it be a Villain’s journey? Having never heard of Revan until playing this game and hearing about him on the forums, I have no desire to see another unknown, game breaking character this year.

    One person’s opinion, but I’d rather see a new hard (not pre-loaded tm nonsense) event/mode that lets players really earn some gear (full cuffs, stun guns, gold eyeballs etc.). I would rather have some time and mode to bring up my toons to g12 after the massive releases this year than yet another toon requiring panic farm/gear on unused toons.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Jefferx wrote: »
    Ok so the video is cool but there is two thing that we might focus on now. First is the hero fading last in the video(see screenshot). The second is the monster at the end. What kind of monster it is ? It look like a monster similar to a raid like the rancor. What you guys thinking about that ?
    mk14d8lys2xe.png

    Hero for heroes journey ?

    It is terantatek from KOTOR. No mistery here. A rancor, mutated by sith to hunt the Jedi. Fully immune to force...
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Jefferx wrote: »
    Ok so the video is cool but there is two thing that we might focus on now. First is the hero fading last in the video(see screenshot). The second is the monster at the end. What kind of monster it is ? It look like a monster similar to a raid like the rancor. What you guys thinking about that ?
    mk14d8lys2xe.png

    Hero for heroes journey ?

    It is terantatek from KOTOR. No mistery here. A rancor, mutated by sith to hunt the Jedi. Fully immune to force...
    Yea thanks i have easily find it too just after i sent my post.
  • I seriously doubt the majority of swgoh players is waiting for that revan guy. Unfortunately the majority of people actively posting in this forum is. So it's some kind of self fulfilling prophecy: Focussing on kotor characters and even putting the only end game content we have into this period, scared so many fans of the movies away that they have to add more kotor content to satisfy the remaining players.

    I wish they would have realized that relying for all marketing research on forums and other social medias is not the smartest idea for a game with such a mixed audience. Other games use ingame polls, like "what charakter would you like next? A, B or C? Thanks for your participation, here are 50 crystals". The majority of players is lazy and doesn't want to go to a forum to post their opinion and be flamed by some 13 year old about it.
  • Weequay wrote: »
    I seriously doubt the majority of swgoh players is waiting for that revan guy. Unfortunately the majority of people actively posting in this forum is. So it's some kind of self fulfilling prophecy: Focussing on kotor characters and even putting the only end game content we have into this period, scared so many fans of the movies away that they have to add more kotor content to satisfy the remaining players.

    I wish they would have realized that relying for all marketing research on forums and other social medias is not the smartest idea for a game with such a mixed audience. Other games use ingame polls, like "what charakter would you like next? A, B or C? Thanks for your participation, here are 50 crystals". The majority of players is lazy and doesn't want to go to a forum to post their opinion and be flamed by some 13 year old about it.

    First, if you do not want Revan this absolutely doesn’t mean no one else want it.
    Second, EA did made a poll on SWGOH, and I was the one who was chosen to participate.
    And amongs the characters I point as most wanted I put Jango and Revan. It appears , not only me.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Weequay wrote: »
    I seriously doubt the majority of swgoh players is waiting for that revan guy. Unfortunately the majority of people actively posting in this forum is. So it's some kind of self fulfilling prophecy: Focussing on kotor characters and even putting the only end game content we have into this period, scared so many fans of the movies away that they have to add more kotor content to satisfy the remaining players.

    I wish they would have realized that relying for all marketing research on forums and other social medias is not the smartest idea for a game with such a mixed audience. Other games use ingame polls, like "what charakter would you like next? A, B or C? Thanks for your participation, here are 50 crystals". The majority of players is lazy and doesn't want to go to a forum to post their opinion and be flamed by some 13 year old about it.

    So they should not listen to the most active community they have? The ones who are activly engaging themselves in discussions about the game, helping make youtube videos about their game popular and helping them get the word out about the game?

    There is a huge community, most of which is not on the forum, so yes basing it solely on the forum would not be the best, but they have their reach into many places and if they are not going to listen to their community the game will die.
  • Weequay
    40 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @Kyno: Where did I say they should not listen to whats being said in the forums? I said, they should not focus ONLY on the forums and the social medias channels including youtube. It is easy to get the opinion of players who are actively posting. But the majority of players is not doing this. They will just leave, if the game is evolving into something they don't like.

    The best example is the survey they just did a couple of months ago. They added an ingame link to a website, where players could answer a couple of questions. Doing so took approximately 15 - 30 minutes. Not much time, but most people still won't do that. A guild mate even asked me how to deactivate the commercials (he was referring to the ingame pop-ups throwing him out of the game and linking to a web site). And by the way, that player was not a casual f2p player.

    I'm 100% sure the responses they received to this survey would have significantly increased, had they just send an ingame mail every day with 3 or 4 options to chose. Every day a new question with a small reward for paticipation. No routing to an external website, not having to type texts, just klick on one option ingame. People are lazy. That's the simple truth.

  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Weequay wrote: »
    I seriously doubt the majority of swgoh players is waiting for that revan guy. Unfortunately the majority of people actively posting in this forum is. So it's some kind of self fulfilling prophecy: Focussing on kotor characters and even putting the only end game content we have into this period, scared so many fans of the movies away that they have to add more kotor content to satisfy the remaining players.

    I wish they would have realized that relying for all marketing research on forums and other social medias is not the smartest idea for a game with such a mixed audience. Other games use ingame polls, like "what charakter would you like next? A, B or C? Thanks for your participation, here are 50 crystals". The majority of players is lazy and doesn't want to go to a forum to post their opinion and be flamed by some 13 year old about it.

    First, if you do not want Revan this absolutely doesn’t mean no one else want it.
    Second, EA did made a poll on SWGOH, and I was the one who was chosen to participate.
    And amongs the characters I point as most wanted I put Jango and Revan. It appears , not only me.

    I remember that poll. My top two wants were Jango FETT and revan.. :O OMG am I a prophet!?
  • I dont think Revan will be in a raid. It will look like a copy of the Rancor.

    It has to be something new

    Maybe Revan has an Old Republic lead/synergy and he's given to you within the event kind of like marquees are. That might tie together a team without much synergy atm and it'd be a new kind of legendary.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Weequay wrote: »
    @Kyno: Where did I say they should not listen to whats being said in the forums? I said, they should not focus ONLY on the forums and the social medias channels including youtube. It is easy to get the opinion of players who are actively posting. But the majority of players is not doing this. They will just leave, if the game is evolving into something they don't like.

    The best example is the survey they just did a couple of months ago. They added an ingame link to a website, where players could answer a couple of questions. Doing so took approximately 15 - 30 minutes. Not much time, but most people still won't do that. A guild mate even asked me how to deactivate the commercials (he was referring to the ingame pop-ups throwing him out of the game and linking to a web site). And by the way, that player was not a casual f2p player.

    I'm 100% sure the responses they received to this survey would have significantly increased, had they just send an ingame mail every day with 3 or 4 options to chose. Every day a new question with a small reward for paticipation. No routing to an external website, not having to type texts, just klick on one option ingame. People are lazy. That's the simple truth.

    I think you underestimate the reach of the community, and the amount of people who share ideas and interest on all the available social media platforms.

    They also have floating surveys that was out hitting random players for a while, not sure if that is still out there.

    An unfortunate side effect of having access to such a big license is that they dont have as much control over characters as other games may. They have to get approvals and probably have some development involved before doing so. Going through that to have a list of characters that will then get voted on by the player base is probably not in the best interest of the game, it would waste of resources for the dev team.

    They have access to social media where they can take in feedback and ideas without making any sort of commitment or upfront work and make use of that help develop and guide the extensive plans they have, this is a good thing and allows them to "reward" the more active members of their community.

    This is getting off topic, sorry.
  • MistaLeahy wrote: »
    This is what I translated —The latch on the beck gate needed a nail. The birch canoe slid on the smooth planks.

    Skyrim coming to SWGOH confirmed! ;)
  • Germi
    551 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Weequay wrote: »
    @Kyno: Where did I say they should not listen to whats being said in the forums? I said, they should not focus ONLY on the forums and the social medias channels including youtube. It is easy to get the opinion of players who are actively posting. But the majority of players is not doing this. They will just leave, if the game is evolving into something they don't like.

    The best example is the survey they just did a couple of months ago. They added an ingame link to a website, where players could answer a couple of questions. Doing so took approximately 15 - 30 minutes. Not much time, but most people still won't do that. A guild mate even asked me how to deactivate the commercials (he was referring to the ingame pop-ups throwing him out of the game and linking to a web site). And by the way, that player was not a casual f2p player.

    I'm 100% sure the responses they received to this survey would have significantly increased, had they just send an ingame mail every day with 3 or 4 options to chose. Every day a new question with a small reward for paticipation. No routing to an external website, not having to type texts, just klick on one option ingame. People are lazy. That's the simple truth.

    I think you underestimate the reach of the community, and the amount of people who share ideas and interest on all the available social media platforms.

    They also have floating surveys that was out hitting random players for a while, not sure if that is still out there.

    An unfortunate side effect of having access to such a big license is that they dont have as much control over characters as other games may. They have to get approvals and probably have some development involved before doing so. Going through that to have a list of characters that will then get voted on by the player base is probably not in the best interest of the game, it would waste of resources for the dev team.

    They have access to social media where they can take in feedback and ideas without making any sort of commitment or upfront work and make use of that help develop and guide the extensive plans they have, this is a good thing and allows them to "reward" the more active members of their community.

    This is getting off topic, sorry.

    Ok i hope they will listen to the community and release Jedi Luke because personally Revan doesn’t make me dream (maybe this is a generation thing and I am getting old :-p)

    Since almost 3 years I am flooding the forum with some kind of self fulfilling prophecy / theory / wish about Jedi Luke.

    Please CG give me (us) Jedi Luke !
  • Ultra
    10181 posts Moderator
    Jefferx wrote: »
    Ok so the video is cool but there is two thing that we might focus on now. First is the hero fading last in the video(see screenshot). The second is the monster at the end. What kind of monster it is ? It look like a monster similar to a raid like the rancor. What you guys thinking about that ?
    Its a tarentatek and its a wicked amazing creature. I hope its farmable like the Wampa is.

    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Terentatek/Legends

  • jbaskinusn wrote: »
    vov5902a6m0l.jpg

    Just going to leave that here.

    Also, a raid wont pull in the cash cow for EA. A legendary/hero's fall would. I'm in the line of thinking a jedi revan legendary (think r2 and bb8) that will culminate to Darth revan. That will bring money.

    Very interesting! In the video, the word hero fade later than 3 other word as i already posted. Since a heroes journey need a legendary in it. I think we will see a legendary darth malak following a heroes journey getting jedi raven
  • No no no...she confirmed a new Han...didn’t y’all see him in the video...we get Indiana Solo...lol
  • No no no...she confirmed a new Han...didn’t y’all see him in the video...we get Indiana Solo...lol

    There WAS an Indiana Jones reference with the puzzle.
  • Ok just a few thoughts.

    First, just because Revan is confirmed does not mean jedi luke isn't also coming. Chewie is still likely a step towards jedi luke and putting that off more than a few months kinda reduces the panic farm.

    Revan being released is a goid distraction for those focused on jedi luke so they can split their resources, be ready for neither, and panic farm. So makes sense financially to have both.

    Second, if it's a hero's journey, there will likely be a legendary first. My guess is carth with sith req. Given the time table, that puts revan out there around Christmas with a legendary coming soon.

    Could also be a new raid or other content though.

    Third, the meta is likely shifting. Could be jedi meta with just jedi revan. Could be jedi with jedi revan and jedi luke both. Could also be a jedi meta with revan and another meta with rebels under jedi luke. Kinda a dual ls meta to give options with traya still being competitive.

    Just my thoughts for anyone who cares.
  • I still don’t see how they’d do his journey without them dropping Malik (sp) too plus all the kotor toons out none has a leadership ability to fit them all as a team only one with one is bastilla and only good for Jedi
  • Weequay wrote: »
    @Kyno: Where did I say they should not listen to whats being said in the forums? I said, they should not focus ONLY on the forums and the social medias channels including youtube. It is easy to get the opinion of players who are actively posting. But the majority of players is not doing this. They will just leave, if the game is evolving into something they don't like.

    The best example is the survey they just did a couple of months ago. They added an ingame link to a website, where players could answer a couple of questions. Doing so took approximately 15 - 30 minutes. Not much time, but most people still won't do that. A guild mate even asked me how to deactivate the commercials (he was referring to the ingame pop-ups throwing him out of the game and linking to a web site). And by the way, that player was not a casual f2p player.

    I'm 100% sure the responses they received to this survey would have significantly increased, had they just send an ingame mail every day with 3 or 4 options to chose. Every day a new question with a small reward for paticipation. No routing to an external website, not having to type texts, just klick on one option ingame. People are lazy. That's the simple truth.

    The issue with the type of survey as you suggest is its too easy to be leading and spoils the 'surprise' for what toons are in the pipeline. It would work for do you prefer raids, TB or tw. Not "who do you want to see added the most"
    Your 100% correct people are lazy, but being too lazy to fill that quick survey also means you forfeight your right to complain about something you want to see done.
  • Weequay wrote: »
    I seriously doubt the majority of swgoh players is waiting for that revan guy. Unfortunately the majority of people actively posting in this forum is. So it's some kind of self fulfilling prophecy: Focussing on kotor characters and even putting the only end game content we have into this period, scared so many fans of the movies away that they have to add more kotor content to satisfy the remaining players.

    I wish they would have realized that relying for all marketing research on forums and other social medias is not the smartest idea for a game with such a mixed audience. Other games use ingame polls, like "what charakter would you like next? A, B or C? Thanks for your participation, here are 50 crystals". The majority of players is lazy and doesn't want to go to a forum to post their opinion and be flamed by some 13 year old about it.

    They did send out a survey. I got one, and at the time I was unaware of the forums or any SWGOH Reddit presence. It did ask what characters we wanted to see. My answer was more about other parts of the EU canon-comics and novels. I'd much rather see the likes of Doctor Aphra and her droids, Black Krssantan the Wookie BH, Commander Korban, Sana Starros, Sgt Kreel and Scar Squadron, Rae Sloane, Thane Kyrell, Ciena Ree, Jas Emari, Temmin and Norra Wexley, Mister Bones, etc. There are also some important Rebels characters missing, such as Kallus, The Inquisitor, Seventh Sister, Thrawn's bodyguard Rukh, and Hondo Ohnaka. I'd rather have any of these than Revan. I'm happy he is coming and glad he is entering the game. Just not as excited as some, and looking forward to him being added so we can move on to some non-KOTOR source material.
  • l03mcmeiit86.jpg

    :sunglasses:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • You know...
    CG is gonna do some dumb **** like making this a marquee event...
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"
  • Great puzzle.

    Very disappointed that its Jedi Revan, and not Revan (neutral) or Darth Revan..
  • Germi
    551 posts Member
    Great puzzle.

    Very disappointed that its Jedi Revan, and not Revan (neutral) or Darth Revan..

    I see the possibility of 3 Revan ... I know.
  • Germi wrote: »
    Great puzzle.

    Very disappointed that its Jedi Revan, and not Revan (neutral) or Darth Revan..

    I see the possibility of 3 Revan ... I know.

    Soldier, scout and scoundrel? :))
Sign In or Register to comment.