Please add KOTOR toons to stale stores

Prev13
If all 5 KOTOR toons are required to unlock a legendary Revan or Malak, please add a few to stores. BH are in the stores, Phoenix were in the stores, Rebels, Empire....all in the stores before event began. You guys put two KOTOR toons in the cantina. Why not put Mision in the GW store and T3-M4 in the arena store? I guarantee it would encourage players to panic farm than not even giving us a chance when the focus has been on BH for Chewie. I’d drop some cash if you guys gave us some goodwill like this. Those stores have become insanely stale.

How about it CG?

Replies

• How about it @CG_TopHat?
  • Why not?
    Because panic farm so crystals are bought.
    I agree though its time to add new toons to GW or cantina currency store
  • They already said earlier that nothing will be added to the GW anytime soon.

Especially because it’s one of the easiest farms for character shards.
  • Hanfirst wrote: »
    Why not?
    Because panic farm so crystals are bought.
    I agree though its time to add new toons to GW or cantina currency store

you can still refresh the stores so can still panic farm them, you also just need the respective store currency.
  • They actually said a while back that they were done adding characters arena,Gw and cantina stores. They're meant for the newer players
  • Nah, that’d be way too easy for good toons. You can go from 0-7* in just 22 days with GW for like, 0 effort. That would be appropriate for someone like Young Lando, who is terrible and is only farmed for being a pilot of the falcon, but not those 2. I could see maybe Jolee in the cantina store, but not really any of the other Kotor toons.
  • I totally agree with you!
  • Nah, that’d be way too easy for good toons. You can go from 0-7* in just 22 days with GW for like, 0 effort. That would be appropriate for someone like Young Lando, who is terrible and is only farmed for being a pilot of the falcon, but not those 2. I could see maybe Jolee in the cantina store, but not really any of the other Kotor toons.

So having Kanan, Chopper, and Zeb in the GW store, Arena store, and Cantina store was inappropriate then? Three out of 5 required toons in stores and people panicked farm harder than ever. Putting toons in the store doesn’t make it “easy,” it makes it realistic for non-whales (addicts).
  • Bill0207 wrote: »
    They actually said a while back that they were done adding characters arena,Gw and cantina stores. They're meant for the newer players

Doesn’t matter what they said in the past. Adjust and show some goodwill to your player base after this disaster of a year for this game.

So having Kanan, Chopper, and Zeb in the GW store, Arena store, and Cantina store was inappropriate then? Three out of 5 required toons in stores and people panicked farm harder than ever. Putting toons in the store doesn’t make it “easy,” it makes it realistic for non-whales (addicts).

Revan is likely to be a heroes journey, not a legendary like Thrawn..... The requirements will be harder.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Nah, that’d be way too easy for good toons. You can go from 0-7* in just 22 days with GW for like, 0 effort. That would be appropriate for someone like Young Lando, who is terrible and is only farmed for being a pilot of the falcon, but not those 2. I could see maybe Jolee in the cantina store, but not really any of the other Kotor toons.

Revan is likely to be a heroes journey, not a legendary like Thrawn..... The requirements will be harder.

Doesn’t make sense as a heroes journey yet. There is no base toon to “hero” through the journey.
  • The stores are stale and it would be a great idea to swap things around. Some of the new characters would be great but if they don't want to make them too easy to access it would be welcome to see some older toons there. Lando, Lobot, Aayla, Gammorrean Guard, Anakin, B2 Battledroid, etc
    Nah, that’d be way too easy for good toons. You can go from 0-7* in just 22 days with GW for like, 0 effort. That would be appropriate for someone like Young Lando, who is terrible and is only farmed for being a pilot of the falcon, but not those 2. I could see maybe Jolee in the cantina store, but not really any of the other Kotor toons.

Doesn’t make sense as a heroes journey yet. There is no base toon to “hero” through the journey.

Ok, so let's just say "heroes journey level event".... I highly doubt it's going to be a simple legendary..... Especially with all of this advance notice...
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Ok, so let's just say "heroes journey level event".... I highly doubt it's going to be a simple legendary..... Especially with all of this advance notice...

Maybe a legendary to unlock Jedi Revan, then a heroes fall event for Darth Revan. That’d be amazing.
  • The stores are stale and it would be a great idea to swap things around. Some of the new characters would be great but if they don't want to make them too easy to access it would be welcome to see some older toons there. Lando, Lobot, Aayla, Gammorrean Guard, Anakin, B2 Battledroid, etc

This would be perfect, especially for those old toons that were designed to be farmed from the guild store. That would free up the guild store for gear.

This would be perfect, especially for those old toons that were designed to be farmed from the guild store. That would free up the guild store for gear.

I don’t understand why they don’t change up the stores. It doesn’t make sense and only makes farming toons 10x more difficult.

What advanced notice? For all we know, the event will start tomorrow. And if it's a legendary requiring the five OR characters, it may as well be a hero's journey. The difference at that point is negligible.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

What advanced notice? For all we know, the event will start tomorrow. And if it's a legendary requiring the five OR characters, it may as well be a hero's journey. The difference at that point is negligible.

No we have a guarantee of at least 1 week notice before it starts. So it's not starting tomorrow
  • How many will actually be able to 7* Revan if he shows up in a week? I need 870 shards in total :-1:
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    I don’t understand why they don’t change up the stores. It doesn’t make sense and only makes farming toons 10x more difficult.

You answered your own question, here. If it's hard to farm, it's more likely you'll get frustrated and buy crystals to speed it up. That's how "free to play" works.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I don't mind the GW store being set. That's a lot of shard currency for me that I get daily. Shard currency really is a big deal for gear and such these days. Especially with all the new marquee characters we got that require obscene amounts of precious gear pieces.
  • Kyno wrote: »

No we have a guarantee of at least 1 week notice before it starts. So it's not starting tomorrow

Fair enough. The guy I responded to seemed to be implying we got some significant amount of time ("all this advance notice"), when we don't actually know when it will happen. I doubt it will be enough for the majority of F2P players to get all the OR toons to 7*. That doesn't encourage spending.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

You answered your own question, here. If it's hard to farm, it's more likely you'll get frustrated and buy crystals to speed it up. That's how "free to play" works.

Maybe for some. If I don’t feel I have a chance, I don’t spend.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

Maybe for some. If I don’t feel I have a chance, I don’t spend.

We don't know when the event is coming...even what event it is. My guess is a hero's journey on december. So everybody who puts their back into has a chance.

• Kyno wrote: »

Fair enough. The guy I responded to seemed to be implying we got some significant amount of time ("all this advance notice"), when we don't actually know when it will happen. I doubt it will be enough for the majority of F2P players to get all the OR toons to 7*. That doesn't encourage spending.

I said that because I don't think the event is coming until December.... Hence the Christmas tree shape puzzle.....
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Peharps u forget 3 missing toons from kotor that can appear 2 weeks before event....

Plus hk they could be 9...
  • Tarah wrote: »

Peharps u forget 3 missing toons from kotor that can appear 2 weeks before event....

Plus hk they could be 9...

You think they’re going to do a marquee type event for a base Revan? Nah....but we are talking CG here so who knows?
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    I think Revan should be the daily login toon !
  • Glurp
    57 posts Member
    Seems like they have pushed the burden of farming to the limit already. If they throw a KOTOR event out there soon and require all of them maxed, people might just give up.