The legendary problem...

Prev134
So after you filled us with uncertainty, insecurity and panic about legendary events, you have established nee standards which are hostile to f2p because we don't all have the gear to take characters to 10-11-12, most of us even struggle with gear 9 since we have a huge stun gun and carbanti crunch to overcome for certain characters. You've made it clear that you only care for p2p and that's understandable but I know that people don't want this to be an elitist game. If most f2p quit the game one day and p2p were left, then little dolphins would become the new f2p which would essentially make this a contest of whales. As a result you would see even more panic farms to distinguish the difference between a dolphin and a whale.

Now I know this sounds far fetched and I know that it is, but I gotta tell you, each legendary has made me question whether I was going to keep playing the game.

I failed to get 7 stars R2 but that was fine because he didn't have much raid potential before JTR. And I failed to get Thrawn at 7 which hurt but we all knew he was too expensive anyways so I rolled with it.

The second time Thrawn came I barely got him to 7 stars because of the difficulty of the event but if I hadn't succeeded, literally on the last day of the event, I would have quit.

BB8 was the first legendary who I failed to get on his second time and that almost made me quit. If I didn't get him the 3rd time it would have been it for me. CLS I managed to get right away because I paid 40 bucks and that was ok. And JTR I got in her second try and I was also about to quit if I didn't succeed.

Now Chewbacca comes and I can tell you that things have changed alot since then. I'm not gonna quit for not having a 7 star Chewbacca but I can tell you with great certainty that I'm not happy with the new standards.

If Revan or Jedi Luke come and I fail to get them I'm almost certain that it will be the end of me. I farmed the Solo toons because I thought the next legendary would be Beckett to basically seal the deal for Scoundrels. I didn't expect Revan so soon. Of course I would have also farmed the old republic toons if I could, but since you made it all about the hard nodes you forced us to choose.

Now I'm gonna sum it up because I don't want to come across as an entitled little crybaby...

So here it goes, I am not expecting to get every legendary to 7 stars on the first try. In fact the fact that I got a 6 star Chewbacca was a success for how hard the event was. I do however want to be able to get ALL legendaries 7 star at the second time. This game is a very competitive game and ALL games with competitive aspects try to keep it fair to those who don't spend. I think it's fair not to be able to compete for 3-4 months but I cannot conceive the 7-8-9 months of being at a disadvantage. I felt it with BB8 and I won't go through that again. Yes the game must make it's money and I've spent over 150 dollars over the past couple years. This proves that I have played my part in contributing for the game and I'm not some guy who wants others to pay for everything. Considering my incredibly low income being a college student all these years I would say that I've contributed enough, triple a games don't even cost this much. I think if you want the game to stay healthy you will make sure people like me have the opportunity to compete and in order to compete you must allow us to get the tools that we need. It's fair to say that we should expect these characters at the second time around and expect an unlock the first time. This is the only way to ensure a competitive game where the rich don't get richer at a disproportionate rate.

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    So, so far did anything happen that is an exception to your desires? All legendaries and heroes journeys were doable the 2nd time around for a good portion of the community.

You got your chewie unlock, you can pursue it further for the 2nd time.

We have no idea when the next leg/hero's will drop. If it drops very soon and if they keep releasing one after another at an alarmist pace, I'll raise my flag with you.

For now it's biz as usual.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    So, so far did anything happen that is an exception to your desires? All legendaries and heroes journeys were doable the 2nd time around for a good portion of the community.

We have no idea when the next leg/hero's will drop. If it drops very soon and if they keep releasing one after another at an alarmist pace, I'll raise my flag with you.

This..... Why the "panic"...... You don't need everything first time around..... As ftp, you have to make choices....

And trust me, this is coming from an anemic dolphin..... Be happy for what you have and less unhappy about what you don't have.....
  • No_Try wrote: »

If you look at the farming locations for the old republic characters you have a situation that looks pretty bad. 2 characters available in cantina, already looks like a new set of Vets. A couple hard nodes too, if this turns out to be a legendary event for Revan it would be a disaster... I would argue that if they were to do it, they should release Beckett legendary requiring solo toons so that those people who went Solo instead of old republic don't end up losing. Cause if you went Old republic you will win with Revan and then if a solo toon comes you'll have to farm of republic.

All this is speculation, this is a warning post
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

This..... Why the "panic"...... You don't need everything first time around..... As ftp, you have to make choices....

And trust me, this is coming from an anemic dolphin..... Be happy for what you have and less unhappy about what you don't have.....

Like I said to the guy above, the farming locations for the Old republic squad are very bad, they would jeopardize getting Revan even the second time
  • GOHGURU wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Like I said to the guy above, the farming locations for the Old republic squad are very bad, they would jeopardize getting Revan even the second time

If Revan comes in December, which I think he will, that gives him 6-7 months between nkwnznd the second coming..... If that is his goal, it can surely be done by then....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    GOHGURU wrote: »

If Revan comes in December, which I think he will, that gives him 6-7 months between nkwnznd the second coming..... If that is his goal, it can surely be done by then....

If they keep hard node attempts to 8. And if I can maintain high enough rank in arena to buy 3 refreshes a day for Cantina. Then of course I won't have enough to farm mods or gear but I guess I'll deal with it. This starts to look alot like JTR and the Vets perhaps panic is justified
  • I'm completely free to play, never spent a penny, and Chewbacca is the first legendary I UNLOCK first round. I only unlocked CLS last time he came, 7 star R2 the second time he came because Empire was the team I was farming, I just got BB8 last time he came. I'm nowhere near JTR. You don't see me complaining, do you?

It all depends on the characters you have. People that were running Empire got R2 first time. People that were running Bounty Hunters got Chewie the first time. It's absolutely ludicrous to expect it to be guaranteed to get a legendary 7 stars the second time around for most people. Like I said, it's not that much about being P2P. Only Thrawn so far has needed a faction that was new to the game and panic farming occured. Again, some people were running Empire and so got 7 star R2 the first time, but failed to even unlock BB8
    I AM the High Ground
  • The old pay gate stumbling blocks need to be removed. Having a paywall gear from 7-8-9 is crap and then the gold eye ball paywall crunch 11-12 with more paywall gear 8 gear required is too much.

No way to tell how old my shard is, but we have a few 4 and 5 mil GP guys while most of us are 3 mil and below.

EA model is pay for the game once and keep paying until you could have bought several complete gaming systems and a 4K TV with a Bosse sound system to boot.
  • tanki60o wrote: »
    I'm completely free to play, never spent a penny, and Chewbacca is the first legendary I UNLOCK first round. I only unlocked CLS last time he came, 7 star R2 the second time he came because Empire was the team I was farming, I just got BB8 last time he came. I'm nowhere near JTR. You don't see me complaining, do you?

It all depends on the characters you have. People that were running Empire got R2 first time. People that were running Bounty Hunters got Chewie the first time. It's absolutely ludicrous to expect it to be guaranteed to get a legendary 7 stars the second time around for most people. Like I said, it's not that much about being P2P. Only Thrawn so far has needed a faction that was new to the game and panic farming occured. Again, some people were running Empire and so got 7 star R2 the first time, but failed to even unlock BB8

Then I'm sorry but you have horrible standards but I would say that this is probably because you haven't played as long as some of us
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

If you look at the farming locations for the old republic characters you have a situation that looks pretty bad. 2 characters available in cantina, already looks like a new set of Vets. A couple hard nodes too, if this turns out to be a legendary event for Revan it would be a disaster... I would argue that if they were to do it, they should release Beckett legendary requiring solo toons so that those people who went Solo instead of old republic don't end up losing. Cause if you went Old republic you will win with Revan and then if a solo toon comes you'll have to farm of republic.

All this is speculation, this is a warning post

If I remember correctly legs return in 6 months time after the first release, or was that hero's?(jtr was quite an exception made by cg to quench the rebellion caused by release of str). 3 characters that are not cantina are farmable in both maps and fleet, for now the daily attempts have been raised to 8 and first refresh is down to 25 crystals. Even with my daily income of 700-900 cry I'm hardly able to farm these 2x*8 attempts, so they are more or less cantinalike for now.

By what calculation you won't be able to get Revan 2nd time around if the 1st date was announced tomorrow?
  • I concur that the Chewie requirements are BRUTAL to F2P.
    Before you troll me. I am P2P. I have him at 7*.

I do not agree you should need G12 to unlock him 7*.

Free up the gear or lower the requirement.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Well said In OP. Gear is difficult . I also don’t mind getting the second time or third time around and did most (thrawn , bb8, r2, palp, etc). Still don’t have gmy but will next time .

I’m 9 months into the game and will be Finally caught up on legendaries and journeys once I unlock JTR next week. I have a 6* chewy which is fine by me ( til next time). Add a new farm for the next legendary unlock is doable but my gear levels suffer greatly . Not enough to resources to focus on both .

Now what is a wild thought is someone starting the game right now. There is no way to easily play catch-up with all the characters out right now . Literally would take someone 15 months to just unlock toons let alone gearing them up.
  • MuCuS wrote: »
    Well said In OP. Gear is difficult . I also don’t mind getting the second time or third time around and did most (thrawn , bb8, r2, palp, etc). Still don’t have gmy but will next time .

I’m 9 months into the game and will be Finally caught up on legendaries and journeys once I unlock JTR next week. I have a 6* chewy which is fine by me ( til next time). Add a new farm for the next legendary unlock is doable but my gear levels suffer greatly . Not enough to resources to focus on both .

Now what is a wild thought is someone starting the game right now. There is no way to easily play catch-up with all the characters out right now . Literally would take someone 15 months to just unlock toons let alone gearing them up.
    MuCuS wrote: »

I think there's a fundamental problem when you require grindy gear for level 8-9-10-11-12 just too much to bear
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

There is absolutely no farming location that could hurt anyone from getting a toon the second time around, it takes focus and commitment. If you drop everything and focus on what you want, which is what you have to do as a F2P to stay "with it", it is always possible.

As for OR toons, there are 3 with multiple farming spots, that's better than Phoenix was for Thrawn.

As F2P progress in the game they are faced with hard choices, they always have been. A key to being happy is playing like you are F2P, hoarding, ignoring what you can and making smart choices when something you really want comes around. Also accepting that you dont "need" anything, because no matter how you think you need it, you can either get it or you cant, but you cant really make things happen at will without $$, or great patience.
  • Kyno wrote: »

There is absolutely no farming location that could hurt anyone from getting a toon the second time around, it takes focus and commitment. If you drop everything and focus on what you want, which is what you have to do as a F2P to stay "with it", it is always possible.

As for OR toons, there are 3 with multiple farming spots, that's better than Phoenix was for Thrawn.

As F2P progress in the game they are faced with hard choices, they always have been. A key to being happy is playing like you are F2P, hoarding, ignoring what you can and making smart choices when something you really want comes around. Also accepting that you dont "need" anything, because no matter how you think you need it, you can either get it or you cant, but you cant really make things happen at will without $$, or great patience.

Actually it would be funny if I dropped my solo farming for Revan and shortly after Beckett comes and my solo toons aren't ready. It's not always a choice, it's a GAMBLE
  • They are not going to get new people to join at this rate. I steer all my friends away from the game because the high cost of entry. Let them keep this up and the whales can just compete with themselves and soon they will leave.
  • So many ftp wanting it all now..... We don't even know how he is coming to the game, and you guys are already complaining..... "Muh Revan"..... It's all predictions and suppositions right now..... Take a chill pill
  • Suggest the OP focus his or her farming on old republic now. Get good at fleet and arena if not at the top and spend those crystals on cantina farmed old republic toons. I would be surprised if they event does not follow the KOTOR video games saga requiring new toons as you advance.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    I’m hardly F2P. I spend some. Noway F2P is 9 months in with every legendary and journey character unlocked . Still the issue is the gear. I focused on unlocking toons which means my gear levels is mostly crudola.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Actually it would be funny if I dropped my solo farming for Revan and shortly after Beckett comes and my solo toons aren't ready. It's not always a choice, it's a GAMBLE

Another gamble would be doing both and crossing your fingers you reach both goal posts in time...even as f2p.
  • *releases revan as marquee
  • Really? Ha ha u spent probably less than ten dollars a month and they should change up because u might quit because u can’t get something right away ha ha. If u want something sooner spend some money it is a business that rely on a small group of customers to provide for the large amount of freeloading players (me included ftp all day thank u whales keep up the good work). Of course they have to have events to drum up “panic farms” it cost money to run servers and pay people to develop new content. I never spent a dime and got most of the legendary and hero characters the first or second time around cause I chose to be ftp it I wanted it the first time around I would have spent money do likewise
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    Ending a thread title with an ellipsis increases the likelihood of overly dramatic content by eleventy billion percent.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• This complaint happens with nearly every legendary release (if Revan even is a legendary).

It happened with r2 because Empire wasn’t a viable arena team then. It happened with BB8 because nobody liked FO then. It happened with CLS because Old Ben was terrible at the time and nobody farmed him. It happened with JTR because of the vets.

I’m 90-95% f2p and yeah, it kind of sucks when you make the wrong farm gamble. I farmed Ewoks just in case of a C3P0/Jedi Luke release. Oops. Chewie is the first legendary I unlocked (only 5 star) first time around, and that’s mainly because I had most of Cad, and all of Greedo and IG88 from spare arena currency, so I farmed them just because. F2P players are always going to be behind the 8ball on things unless they get lucky. Depending on how he’s released, I’m pretty dang sure I’m going to miss Revan because i was farming BHs and Smugglers (for the resource event).

It sucks, but it is what it is. Asking CG to give players a legendary just because they picked the wrong path is asking for Christmas gifts. I didn’t listen to the possibility of Revan, so I’ll miss him this time. Oh well, the game goes on, and so will I.
  • As soon as Nihilus dropped it was clear to me that Revan would be coming at some time. The hints have been pretty thick over the last few months that it was happening sooner rather than later. Old Republic characters takingbthe fastest possible route to FarmVille, the bump to 8 attempts on hard nodes, the decrease in node refresh cost, the new energy packs...they have been slapping us in the face with REVAN IS COMING.
    As free to play I did need to make a choice to stop farming Solo characters and focus on KOtOR. If Becker or crime lord Maul has dropped I would have been sad, but I made a decision to be ready for Revan, just in case. Everyone had the option to make the same decision.
  • I didn’t get Thrawn to 7 on his first appearance. I learned my lesson after that. Everyone can spend energy and JOIN events and raids. The differences in rosters comes down to how you prep for future events. That is the real strategy in this game.
    I know a lot of folks were talking Beckett on YouTube, but you still have to weigh all the noise and put your chips on the number you think is coming up.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Simple: F2p cannot strive competitively. If it did, whales would be nonexistent, thus ending the game. But f2p has to exist so it doesn’t become a money war, because without you’re cheap base, you will never grow.

So CG has us in a middle ground: In order to be competitive, you must either pay a lot, or plan very very well. But if you play to have fun (like me), then you can be satisfied without paying a cent.

Ultimately it’s your choice, and you can’t really blame CG for having a strategic business model, even if it is frustrating.

You may fire when ready. ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nihion wrote: »
    Simple: F2p cannot strive competitively. If it did, whales would be nonexistent, thus ending the game. But f2p has to exist so it doesn’t become a money war, because without you’re cheap base, you will never grow.

So CG has us in a middle ground: In order to be competitive, you must either pay a lot, or plan very very well. But if you play to have fun (like me), then you can be satisfied without paying a cent.

Ultimately it’s your choice, and you can’t really blame CG for having a strategic business model, even if it is frustrating.

You may fire when ready. ;)

There are many competitive F2P, they are just limited and need to be smart to stay flexible. they are probably not the best at everything, but you can easily be top 10 in both arenas as F2P. that will allow them to extend out into other areas. If that person is also a 2-3 year vet they are going to do ok in TW just by having some old meta toons sitting around.

the problem isn't being competitive, its thinking that you need to be the top in everything, or that you always need everything new to stay there. (maybe you missed the posts about 3* bastilla teams beating with all the "new bells and whistles")
  • CandymanJML2
    528 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    As f2p it's a pick and choose game. As soon as each old republic toon was released I focused on getting them all as close to gear 10-11 As I could. Now I have all but zaalbar (g10) at gear 11 and it's gonna be a while before I get them all to 7*. Bastila is 19 away from 7* and the rest are at 4-5*. If Revan comes in December then I may have a chance at unlocking him. If he's released during the event gap this month then I likely won't be able to get him, but that gives me reason to focus on them for the next time he comes around. Quit whining about what you can't control and plan accordingly for his return if you do t get him this time. Nobody is expected to get everything the first time. People complain about whales but they're a major reason why this game still exists. If CG/EA weren't making money off of this game then it woukd have been shut down a long time ago
  • I don't get mad about not getting characters I didn't plan for. Most things can be calculated out. You don't need to spreadsheet it out, but it doesn't hurt.

But if you aren't enjoying it, then just stop playing.