Which Arena team is theoretically stronger (Rebels vs Jedi)

I’m curious which of these two teams holds up better (currently)

1) zBastila(l), zGMY, zEzra, zzOld Ben & zzHoda
Or
2) zzzCLS(l), zzChewie, zHan, zzOld Ben, zzR2D2

I’m doing ok with my Jedi but also have the pieces to put together the Rebel team above.....it would need another 5 Zetas though!

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    That Rebel team would smack the crap out of that Jedi team, but I'm not sure how it would hold against Sith
  • Go rebels that lineup eats up traya. I say take out old ben for general k. Only for mass dispel, and mass assist. Bens special wont stick on traya teams. General k turns up the damage of cls teams with chewie
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    HK666 wrote: »
    That Rebel team would smack the crap out of that Jedi team, but I'm not sure how it would hold against Sith

No way. I have them both fully zeta'd and Jedi would smash that Rebel team. I only run LS...ran Jedi all summer and just switched to Rebels..mixed results vs Traya so far.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Are you sure? In my experience the Rebels overwhelm the Jedi too quickly. I'll admit I haven't really used either Chewie or zBast.

I wasn't trying to suggest that Jedi can't beat Rebels on offense. Just assumed that Rebels have an easier offense and defense against Jedi
  • Val_Galahadred
    442 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I don’t know how well those Rebels are doing on offense these days, but they’re really easy to deal with when they’re defending. I find them pretty easy compared to several other types of teams in the Top 100/Top 50. They melt to a Jedi team.

Edit. There is only 1 Rebel team like that currently in my Top 50 (at 45), whereas there are about 8 Jedi teams.
  • I don’t know how well those Rebels are doing on offense these days, but they’re really easy to deal with when they’re defending. I find them pretty easy compared to several other types of teams in the Top 100/Top 50. They melt to a Jedi team.

Edit. There is only 1 Rebel team like that currently in my Top 50 (at 45), whereas there are about 8 Jedi teams.

That could be because hardly anyone has 7* Chewie with Zetas and G12?
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    i'd say that a rebel team is currently better suited for arena than a jedi team. However, i'm not convinced that the rebel team is better than the jedi team when facing eachother.
  • Doesnt matter. A properly outfitted sith team beats jedi easily and rebels pretty much easily on O. On D nobody beats Sith easily.

Jedi can be beat by 1 toon....nest.
    Rebels require a bit more strategy
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Doesnt matter. A properly outfitted sith team beats jedi easily and rebels pretty much easily on O. On D nobody beats Sith easily.

Jedi can be beat by 1 toon....nest.
    Rebels require a bit more strategy

Why does Nest beat Jedi?

• zzzCLS(l), zzChewie, zHan, GK, zzR2D2

Im running this, all g12 apart from chewie, (g11 just need one more gear piece to gold him). In a fairly old shard with about 40 trayas in top 50, of which 15 or so are maxxed, g12 and zeta'd.

I can't crack top 20 with them, but I can tell you I'm holding waaayy better on defence than bastilla teams. Ive also tried switching GK for nest and just doesnt hold as well.

Good; yes. Meta changing; no.

• Cls chewie han old Ben R2.

Best combo I've found on offense so far, actually satisfying beating solid traya leads for once.

No zetas on chewie or old Ben.
    Han & R2 have all, and just IBAT on cls.

It's fun.
  • Nest beats jedi because of her basic. Forsight is not a defense to it and it has expose. Ai uses her basic 90 percent of the time. Also her counter attack. Jedi basically kill themselves with it.

Get rid of yoda then bastila and the rest goes byebye on auto.

Only way jedi win on d is with a super fast thrawn.
  • JDK82
    151 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    General Kenobi isn't the best choice for the chewie rebel squad.
    Protected toons (cls + han) from chewie can't be critically hit and so Kenobi hardly ever taunts.
    Nest can remove tm, but can't taunt.
    And a taunt is needed for eating trayas isolate - or otherwise she can just one shot chewie.
    So imo the best options around are l3 or srp.
    But back to the question from the op:
    Rebels hold in general way better than Jedi on defenceand they can defeats trayas easier.
    So if i would have to choose, it's a clear rebels vote!