Probably one of the most important need-to-know stats in the whole game right now imo... Out of ALL

...which one is the easiest to gear? And while we're on the subject, which one is the hardest to gear?
This knowledge would be useful to help both beginners and advanced players alike. :)

But before you answer that, don't get me wrong...

I'm not just asking for personal opinions or beliefs here. Quite the contrary. I'm curious as to...

Are there any REAL statistics somewhere somehow that idk someone someway has that literally shows, based on the number of stun guns and carbs and black eyeball's etc., the easiest and hardest toons to take from gear level 1 to gear level 11, 12, or 12+ even while we're on the subject.

As previously stated... I'm just legitimately curious. I know there have been (based on my knowledge 2) other threads about this that I've seen, but they didn't really have concrete answers... no, just what people "thought" and "believed" were and weren't the easiest and hardest to gear up based on personal farming and experience.

I for one am curious to see (if there is) a REAL breakdown so that way we can see what gear we have and what toons would be the closest for us to take from gear 1 to gear 12 right then and there. It's as simple as that.

I know a lot of people would love to know this for themselves so that way they can make some smart decisions and farm wisely when it comes to one of the most important aspects, if not THE most important aspect in this game... GEAR.

Anyone else out there curious? Or is it just me? ;)
Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ

Replies

• Ragnir
    118 posts Member
    Go to swgoh.gg
  • Speed period. Everything else is a lie. Speed.
  • The website swgoh.gg has a gear needed button, that might be a good place to start.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/stats/

Is this what you mean? Organize it by purple (type) gear high to low. You'll see Sun Fac needs the most.

Chopper and Sabine require the most gold gear.

Boba Fett, nute gunray, and sidious need the most raid gear.

Lol. Thanks bud, but not quite what I was asking. ;)
  • https://swgoh.gg/characters/stats/

Is this what you mean? Organize it by purple (type) gear high to low. You'll see Sun Fac needs the most.

Chopper and Sabine require the most gold gear.

Boba Fett, nute gunray, and sidious need the most raid gear.

Actually, yeah well... somewhat... didn't actually know (or remember lol) that I could do that. Thanks for the link anyway! Pretty cool... I'm just curious if they took EVERYTHING into consideration meaning purple gold and Raid gear, who would be easiest and hardest to gear. Like all the toons being ranked kinda like what you can do now. Except you currently can only organize it by each type of gear rather than all at once, ya see what I mean?
  • You can use SWGOH to find the total gear needed for each character (click on full gear list), sorted by # of each gear.

For example Chewie requires 250 mk3 carbs, 200 stun guns, and 180 eyeball salvage(the challenge gear). These are the big three I would look at.

Really look at the full gear list... what makes a character hard to gear is when you need 200+ of a particular salvage. Also after you look at the full gear list you can look at what gear you have in inventory.
  • Clickbait.
  • http://www.swgoh.life/farming.html#geonosian-spy
    Is this what you’re looking for?
  • Fredbird
    32 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I know exactly what you’re trying to get at here, @KyJoe_Cool .. a simple way to reveal which characters require a lesser amount of rarer/harder to obtain gear and which require more of that type of gear.. for example: Rex is very easy to take from gear level 1-12 (and it shows in his overall statistics and viability as a stand alone toon) and other characters require a lot of higher tier, less accessible gear and are hence much more difficult.

If someone created a system to rank gear based on accessibility and then used said system to place a number or “rank” on each character that could be interesting/helpful to look at.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Cradossk wrote: »
    http://www.swgoh.life/farming.html#geonosian-spy

Oh man, that's gold.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Vice_torn wrote: »
    You can use SWGOH to find the total gear needed for each character (click on full gear list), sorted by # of each gear.

For example Chewie requires 250 mk3 carbs, 200 stun guns, and 180 eyeball salvage(the challenge gear). These are the big three I would look at.

Really look at the full gear list... what makes a character hard to gear is when you need 200+ of a particular salvage. Also after you look at the full gear list you can look at what gear you have in inventory.

I already know that. But not what I mean... and..
    Jarvind wrote: »

Oh man, that's gold.

No not exactly. What I mean is this...
    Fredbird wrote: »
    I know exactly what you’re trying to get at here, @KyJoe_Cool .. a simple way to reveal which characters require a lesser amount of rarer/harder to obtain gear and which require more of that type of gear.. for example: Rex is very easy to take from gear level 1-12 (and it shows in his overall statistics and viability as a stand alone toon) and other characters require a lot of higher tier, less accessible gear and are hence much more difficult.

If someone created a system to rank gear based on accessibility and then used said system to place a number or “rank” on each character that could be interesting/helpful to look at.

This. Exactly this. @Fredbird You nailed it my friend. ;) That's exactly what I have been trying to get at this whole time! If we had THAT kinda knowledge, it would be so useful it's sick. :smiley:
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    You can use SWGOH to find the total gear needed for each character (click on full gear list), sorted by # of each gear.

Oh man, that's gold.

This. Exactly this. @Fredbird You nailed it my friend. ;) That's exactly what I have been trying to get at this whole time! If we had THAT kinda knowledge, it would be so useful it's sick. :smiley:

Swgohlife and swgoh.gg already comes close to what you require. Providing a quantifiable value on specific gear (therefore a total value to what a character needs) is a much harder task than it sounds. Because there is not a unique ratio game provides to gear across the shops. Maps are the simplest as we can divide gear into energy spent, i.e. all gear that can be farmable at 8 energy nodes are equal.

But the value of items in the shops are rather random and doesn't follow a strict hierarchy and it's different for every damned shop xD. One would think a yellow salvage would be more valuable than a purple one since it comes up in higher gear tiers, but no.

How will we streamline the value of shop currencies from shop to shop when their acquisition is totally dependant on each player(+guild)? Guild store vs. guild events store vs. shard store vs shipments...

Also I doubt the gear in raid loot boxes are weighted equally. An easy comparison is mk5 furnaces vs. mk5 droid callers. Every long termer I know of has a furnace surplus and caller deficit even though furnaces are needed more times by characters.

You can see the main intended bottlenecks by going through each gear piece and how many times they are needed by characters on swgoh.gg. There is a great imbalance between similar gear, which is very much design to create many bottleneck while it provides the illusion of plentiness due to surpluses you get on many types.

Thus a universal perspective is not possible in my understanding.
  • Rex, FOO, FOX are my vote.

Change your title please, the term stats is misleading. (Unless i'm missing something. ;P)
  • No_Try wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Vice_torn wrote: »

Oh man, that's gold.

Swgohlife and swgoh.gg already comes close to what you require. Providing a quantifiable value on specific gear (therefore a total value to what a character needs) is a much harder task than it sounds. Because there is not a unique ratio game provides to gear across the shops. Maps are the simplest as we can divide gear into energy spent, i.e. all gear that can be farmable at 8 energy nodes are equal.

But the value of items in the shops are rather random and doesn't follow a strict hierarchy and it's different for every damned shop xD. One would think a yellow salvage would be more valuable than a purple one since it comes up in higher gear tiers, but no.

How will we streamline the value of shop currencies from shop to shop when their acquisition is totally dependant on each player(+guild)? Guild store vs. guild events store vs. shard store vs shipments...

Also I doubt the gear in raid loot boxes are weighted equally. An easy comparison is mk5 furnaces vs. mk5 droid callers. Every long termer I know of has a furnace surplus and caller deficit even though furnaces are needed more times by characters.

You can see the main intended bottlenecks by going through each gear piece and how many times they are needed by characters on swgoh.gg. There is a great imbalance between similar gear, which is very much design to create many bottleneck while it provides the illusion of plentiness due to surpluses you get on many types.

Thus a universal perspective is not possible in my understanding.

Completely agree with ya there! We do have some pretty good references to use as guides... I just wish there was some way of ranking them all including all aspects but I guess like you said cause of all the randomness of Raid prize boxes and the gear in shops and drop rate of gear etc. it all depends... anything is possible... so I guess the world will never know... :smiley: lol
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Bossk and FOO are very easy
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Yeah Bossk, Vandor Chewie and Holdo all seemed really easy to me to gear.
    Lol read the post
  • I think a good way to do this - which toons don’t need a lot of carbs and guns lol

Just off the top of my head - FOO, Rex , gmy are pretty painless gears.

Many of the newer toons have an amazing tier-9, or 10.

But to answer your Q- I don’t think a place or info exists like that. Like something g tiered - easy , mid, high etc.
  • I would say Bossk is also up there. I took him from G1-G11 in 3 days. G12 is slightly harder of course, but he's one of the more simple BHs to gear up.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    How about starting here...

There should be a list of ALL gear (purple, gold, raid) required for ALL characters put into a spreadsheet. Then, you can weight each piece based on how hard that gear is to obtain (this would end up being arbitrary, but for example Mk 3 Carbantis are easier to obtain than Stun Guns or Stun Cuffs). Then you'd have a value for each character that would theoretically give you a top-to-bottom list of "easiest" to "hardest" to gear.

Is the "gear required" from swgoh available in a spreadsheet or easier format somewhere? I'd be happy to give it a go, but I'm definitely not going character-by-character and entering it by hand... :hushed: