Looking for GW tips

papy72
182 posts Member
Hello,

I'm a returning player trying to wrap his head around all the changes to the game.

One of my biggest issues right now is GW. As I need the credits and tokens I'm trying to get through these, but not having much luck. My best since returning has been to finish the 8th fight only to fail spectacularly on the 9th.

Looking for any tips. My swgoh.gg profile link is below if you want to look. Note that I'm still very new to Mods so they aren't on a lot of characters right now (and the ones I do have probably suck). And feel free to give me the obvious tips (I had forgotten that I could retreat from a fight to try again). My stats say I've completed 102 of these (way back when) but I find I'm having to re-learn everything.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• * your profile link is missing
    * unlock the T3 mod challenges then farm, farm, farm
    ** use all 3 50 crystal refreshes each day
    ** health mods are quick to unlock and a sound baseline
    ** look for arrows with speed primary and 4/5* non-arrow mods with speed secondaries
    ** gear your A-team first, the food-chain to the rest
    * don't be afraid to retreat from GW battles and re-try: you lose nothing
    * secondary teams can be useful to either wear down opponents or mop up
    * any time you can eke out one more victory, consider that a win
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    * your profile link is missing
    * unlock the T3 mod challenges then farm, farm, farm
    ** use all 3 50 crystal refreshes each day
    ** health mods are quick to unlock and a sound baseline
    ** look for arrows with speed primary and 4/5* non-arrow mods with speed secondaries
    ** gear your A-team first, the food-chain to the rest
    * don't be afraid to retreat from GW battles and re-try: you lose nothing
    * secondary teams can be useful to either wear down opponents or mop up
    * any time you can eke out one more victory, consider that a win

Thanks. Not sure what happened to my signature, but my profile is:

https://swgoh.gg/p/641192964/

I've already unlocked all the t3 mod challenges and am farming as many mods as I can.
  • a2daj
    22 posts Member
    When I started replaying an account around your same level, I immediately started farming Phoenix. With the Hera lead, they are pretty much self sustaining with passive uniques. I’d highly recommend that route. But, also farm Bastila for a bit. Even at 3*, she really helps out Jedi. You can farm her while you farm Phoenix. You can prioritize Bastila over Sabine for now.
    If you check out Warrior’s F2P 2018 Farming Guide, it’s a good template to follow to help focus farming. You can adapt according to your existing roster.
  • I thought I would throw an update in here. After several days of beating my head against node 9 I finally broke through it and made it all the way to the 12th node, which I unfortunately could not clear. IIRC it was a 7-star Clone trooper team led by a G12 Rex.

Along the way it took a couple of suicide teams, lots of retreating, and a few strategic swap-ins to get there.

Still, even though I didn't clear the whole GW it felt good to get that far.
  • papy72 wrote: »
    I thought I would throw an update in here. After several days of beating my head against node 9 ...
    Wait, did you play the same GW for several days without restarting?
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    papy72 wrote: »
    I thought I would throw an update in here. After several days of beating my head against node 9 ...
    Wait, did you play the same GW for several days without restarting?

Oh, no. I would get to node 9, lose a bunch, restart, get to node 9, lose a bunch, etc etc.
  • Glad to hear you were restarting each day and yes, frustrating as GW can be, some days you take whatever victory you can get. :)
  • Finally completed an entire GW!

It took, well, a LOT to pull off. Many, many retries and strategy changes. But I finally pushed through.