Please...PLEASE fix this issue...

Prev134
I'm not the only person getting extremely tired of the log jam at the top of my shard at payout time every single day. And every single day, I read 100 new complaints about collusion and clock blocking, yet greedy EA does nothing. Every day, starting about 45 minutes prior to my arena payout time, and all the way up to payout time, its nearly impossible to find a team to fight because they are all clock blocking. If anybody is wondering what clock blocking is, its when you get to a certain rank in arena, and then stall as much as possible so nobody can bump you down in rank. All you have to do is enter the next fight and stay in it until time expires. It seems to be that everybody is involved in this process, and it is beyond aggravating. I have a team that can easily attain the number 1 ranking in arena, but it's almost impossible to get there because every single time I try, I get the message "this team is already in a fight", or whatever it says on that little message. If you have a team good enough to make it to first place, there shouldn't be something as stupid as clock blocking that prevents you from getting there. I have an easy fix. The problem is that I this will never happen because EA is greedy, and will never do anything to make their loyal customers happy. They will continue their predatory practices until someone with a team of attorneys makes them do the right thing.

Instead of having a passive/static payout, they switch it to an active/selective payout. Meaning, you can cash out once every 24 hours whenever you chose to do so. They could easily save money since people would miss active payouts. That is a true WIN/WIN for everybody! EA saves money by giving fewer crystals out, and the players are no longer bogged down from clock blockers!

But why would EA ever take a chance on their loyal customers? It's not like we pay their bills or anything...

Replies

• Why did you post this twice?

Also, find/start your shard chat.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Brace yourself for folk telling you shard chats are a good thing...
  • I despise shard chats as well, but I don't think your solution would work OP, as it would likely allow for too many first place payouts on a daily basis..... Be as angry as you want with EA, but they have to keep the game balanced whether we like it or not.....

A simpler, more effective solution would be to shuffle shards once a month to break up the cheaters.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    I despise shard chats as well, but I don't think your solution would work OP, as it would likely allow for too many first place payouts on a daily basis..... Be as angry as you want with EA, but they have to keep the game balanced whether we like it or not.....

A simpler, more effective solution would be to shuffle shards once a month to break up the cheaters.....

How in the world is shard shuffling simple?
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    I despise shard chats as well, but I don't think your solution would work OP, as it would likely allow for too many first place payouts on a daily basis..... Be as angry as you want with EA, but they have to keep the game balanced whether we like it or not.....

1- Do it on the 1st of every month, so players know it's coming
    2- use multiple shards similar in age so players maintain their rank
    3- shuffle

How is that complicated?
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

3- shuffle

How is that complicated?

Does a shard have to reach a certain age before it gets put into a shuffle? How close is “similar in age”?
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »

3- shuffle

How is that complicated?

Does a shard have to reach a certain age before it gets put into a shuffle? How close is “similar in age”?

Sure, maybe only start shuffling shards once they are 3-4 months old..... A new shard is opened every 2-3 weeks, and you really only need to shuffle between 3 adjacent shards to mix things up.....

Let's face it, people always talk about how old their shard is as if it's some big thing, but the only thing that really separates a one year old shard and a launch shard these days is the number of Traya teams.... So shuffling between shards that are +/- 6 weeks in age wouldn't be a huge deal....
  • TimmyHutch wrote: »
    I'm not the only person getting extremely tired of the log jam at the top of my shard at payout time every single day. And every single day, I read 100 new complaints about collusion and clock blocking, yet greedy EA does nothing. Every day, starting about 45 minutes prior to my arena payout time, and all the way up to payout time, its nearly impossible to find a team to fight because they are all clock blocking. If anybody is wondering what clock blocking is, its when you get to a certain rank in arena, and then stall as much as possible so nobody can bump you down in rank. All you have to do is enter the next fight and stay in it until time expires. It seems to be that everybody is involved in this process, and it is beyond aggravating. I have a team that can easily attain the number 1 ranking in arena, but it's almost impossible to get there because every single time I try, I get the message "this team is already in a fight", or whatever it says on that little message. If you have a team good enough to make it to first place, there shouldn't be something as stupid as clock blocking that prevents you from getting there. I have an easy fix. The problem is that I this will never happen because EA is greedy, and will never do anything to make their loyal customers happy. They will continue their predatory practices until someone with a team of attorneys makes them do the right thing.

Instead of having a passive/static payout, they switch it to an active/selective payout. Meaning, you can cash out once every 24 hours whenever you chose to do so. They could easily save money since people would miss active payouts. That is a true WIN/WIN for everybody! EA saves money by giving fewer crystals out, and the players are no longer bogged down from clock blockers!

But why would EA ever take a chance on their loyal customers? It's not like we pay their bills or anything...

EA would be giving out far MORE crystals, not fewer. And yes, you need to just find your shard chat and get into the rotation.

3- shuffle

How is that complicated?

This would increase accidental sniping exponentially.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »

3- shuffle

How is that complicated?

Lol..... There should be no such thing as "accidental sniping", that's the whole point....

It's a battle arena, you are supposed to win by being smart, strategic and building strong teams, not sit around deciding who gets to take a turn over tea and crumpets like a bunch of sissies......
  • And what would be your starting rank? If you were 1st and got shuffled to 20,000 the next month, how would you feel?
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    And what would be your starting rank? If you were 1st and got shuffled to 20,000 the next month, how would you feel?

You could keep your ranking.....

Take 3 shards.... A,B and C....

First of the month you do a shuffle.... 1st in shard a becomes first in shard b, first in shard b becomes 1st in shard c, first in shard c becomes first.in shard a.....

Then for 2nd, just move them in the opposite direction
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

3- shuffle

How is that complicated?

Lol..... There should be no such thing as "accidental sniping", that's the whole point....

It's a battle arena, you are supposed to win by being smart, strategic and building strong teams, not sit around deciding who gets to take a turn over tea and crumpets like a bunch of sissies......

You can say sissies, or you can say that the shard is working together against a common enemy (CG handing out crystals) to maximize their crystal income and minimize frustration.

What you suggest would lead to people burning crystals to refresh and lock their position WAY more frequently.

3- shuffle

How is that complicated?

You can say sissies, or you can say that the shard is working together against a common enemy (CG handing out crystals) to maximize their crystal income and minimize frustration.

What you suggest would lead to people burning crystals to refresh and lock their position WAY more frequently.

I'll go with sissies, thanks...

3- shuffle

How is that complicated?

Exactly

You just cannot believe the male chromosome humans that act like they are females at1 year old in a baby crib.

I laugh at melinneals. Hopeless like the Jedi.

3- shuffle

How is that complicated?

You’re the one that can’t compete on your own and is asking for the teacher to help you rank higher so....

3- shuffle

How is that complicated?

You’re the one that can’t compete on your own and is asking for the teacher to help you rank higher so....

Lol..... How so?.... I don't see where I asked for anything... OP made.a legitimate complaint, and I tend to agree with him.

And I compete just fine on my own, but thanks for being judgemental.... Keep going, you are doing terrific....
    Huatimus wrote: »
    And what would be your starting rank? If you were 1st and got shuffled to 20,000 the next month, how would you feel?

First of the month you do a shuffle.... 1st in shard a becomes first in shard b, first in shard b becomes 1st in shard c, first in shard c becomes first.in shard a.....

And would take how long for the shard chats to reform? 24 hours?

Quit crying because you do not have the social skills to be successful (in the game or IRL)
  • Trias wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

And would take how long for the shard chats to reform? 24 hours?

Quit crying because you do not have the social skills to be successful (in the game or IRL)

Geeze you shard chat guys sure are sensitive.... Does the threat of having your crutches taken away make you feel vulnerabke? Nobody is "crying" here, it's just a game, and again, stop being judgemental like the other guy..... I do quite well in the game TYVM, and I am part of an awesome guild and socialize with them several times a day.....

Oh, real life, about that, I do fairly well at that too .... I will fill you in on a secret, you get ahead in life by working hard, building your skills, managing your finances etc.... When things like jobs become available, they go to the strongest candidates, not to whoever your group of 30 best buds decide is allowed to have that job on a given day.....

But hey, you do you..
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    What you suggest would lead to constant refreshing, wasting crystals and watching your rank for the hours leading up to your payout. I don’t have time for this because my payout is about 30 min after I get off work. I think this would be a negative, but if you do not then by all means lobby for this change.

My arena team beats pretty much every team I go up against, but like most current arena teams it can be beaten as well. Surely part of being smart and strategic is knowing who to attack and when?
    What you suggest would lead to constant refreshing, wasting crystals and watching your rank for the hours leading up to your payout. I don’t have time for this because my payout is about 30 min after I get off work. I think this would be a negative, but if you do not then by all means lobby for this change.

I appreciate your candor, while we disagree, I am always open to debate when not be accused of being sub par at something by someone who knows absolutely nothing about me......

Where we have a fundamental difference of opinion is that you seem to feel entitled to that payout, whereas I think the best prizes should go to the best players with the best teams and the best strategy.....

If OP has a legitimate shot at ranking higher, why should he run up against a wall of.colluding cheaters?
    Where we have a fundamental difference of opinion is that you seem to feel entitled to that payout, whereas I think the best prizes should go to the best players with the best teams and the best strategy.....

If OP has a legitimate shot at ranking higher, why should he run up against a wall of.colluding cheaters?

So is your problem the "clock blocking" approach, rather than the existence of a group of swgoh gamers who know the times of each other's payouts?

I have to say I don't have a problem with the existence of shard chats, but I do empathise with the issue of people deliberately blocking outsiders from climbing higher. That sucks, and simply cannot be in the spirit of the game.

But, when that Japanese guy who has a payout at 10am UTC is hitting my team at 5pm UTC, I start to feel like maybe that's not in the spirit of the game either.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    It has nothing to do with best players or teams. All it is in the top 10 is who is available to be there and lock up. That’s it. It’s time management.

While I don’t disagree with shard shuffling, it won’t help. We have many resources to find people. @BubbaFett are you the one in CanadianslikeitHoth? It’s that easy to find someone. (By the way, I wouldn’t say you’re doing all that well in arena, but to each their own).

If you’re in enough discord servers you can search for people there. I could find people fast just as many others can.

Shard shuffling won’t change much of anything unless you go from a friendly shard to a hostile shard with some bully who is going to want to dictate everything.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    How about this ...
    One shard shuffle - just once.
    And everybody gets a pseudonym unique to each viewer.

By that I mean
    Player A sees Player Z as called "Bob".
    Player B sees Player Z as called "Carl".
    Player C sees Player Z as called "Doug".
    etc.
    Nobody sees each others real names and everyone sees a different pseudonym.
    This would make it nearly impossible to "shard chat" as nobody would know who anyone else really is so they couldn't contact them IRL.

End of problem.

So is your problem the "clock blocking" approach, rather than the existence of a group of swgoh gamers who know the times of each other's payouts?

I have to say I don't have a problem with the existence of shard chats, but I do empathise with the issue of people deliberately blocking outsiders from climbing higher. That sucks, and simply cannot be in the spirit of the game.

But, when that Japanese guy who has a payout at 10am UTC is hitting my team at 5pm UTC, I start to feel like maybe that's not in the spirit of the game either.

The Japanese guy has every right to hit you whenever he wants, being part of a shard chat doesn't dictate what people outside of the chat do.....

I actually don't have an issue with a group of players getting together to try and maximize their payouts by not hitting eachother at their respective payout times.... But, when you start "clock blocking" or ganging up on players from outside your chat and 'makiing them pay" as In have seen written here previously, that is when it crosses the line imop.....
  • sying wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with best players or teams. All it is in the top 10 is who is available to be there and lock up. That’s it. It’s time management.

While I don’t disagree with shard shuffling, it won’t help. We have many resources to find people. @BubbaFett are you the one in CanadianslikeitHoth? It’s that easy to find someone. (By the way, I wouldn’t say you’re doing all that well in arena, but to each their own).

If you’re in enough discord servers you can search for people there. I could find people fast just as many others can.

Shard shuffling won’t change much of anything unless you go from a friendly shard to a hostile shard with some bully who is going to want to dictate everything.

That's not me..... Lol

The Japanese guy has every right to hit you whenever he wants, being part of a shard chat doesn't dictate what people outside of the chat do.....

I actually don't have an issue with a group of players getting together to try and maximize their payouts by not hitting eachother at their respective payout times.... But, when you start "clock blocking" or ganging up on players from outside your chat and 'makiing them pay" as In have seen written here previously, that is when it crosses the line imop.....

I know he has every right, but as you yourself said arena battles should be about being smart and strategic. He isn't. In fact, we've worked out he is probably spending unused arena battles before daily refresh.

I'm wracking my brains for a method that would outlaw clock-blocking.

How about any player in positions 1-3 who attacks someone else in a lower position actually swaps places, as if they've lost, in the event of a draw? This only applies to the top 3, though, as they're the only ones who can fight someone ranked below them. And it doesn't prevent them blocking top 4 slots, just means that their carefully arranged rota gets screwed over.

• sying
    982 posts Member
    Good. My mistake. Doesn’t change the fact that shuffling shards won’t do anything to counteract shard chats.

Also, clock blocking is the only way to stop people from taking your position. That happens with or without chats. Have you ever been to the top of arena? I would think you’d know that if you were.
This discussion has been closed.