Google play login failing?

DuneSeaFarmer
3525 posts Member
edited October 2018
The window appears to choose between guest or play and it clears and returns after clicking sign into google play.

opildh8gesxv.png

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Not really sure that is on the game side, you may want to Google it to see if there is a fix on the Google side. Make sure you Google play is logged into the correct email and the PW is correct if you recently changed anything, not sure if that would have this effect.

Other than that, please report to Answers HQ if this problem seems to be on the game side.

<<Answers HQ>>
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Just read Google + is being shutdown. Related maybe?

https://betanews.com/2018/10/08/google-plus-closing-data-breach/
  • Had to uninstall google play updates and update. Weird. I think the above link report is the cause.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    New wrinkle, cannot switch to alts without removing update of google play etc.. awkward
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    New wrinkle, cannot switch to alts without removing update of google play etc.. awkward

I have ju.oed in and out of my alt 5 or 6 times no issues.
  • I deleted my Google+ this morning and when i opened the game, got the same prompt. If I click signin to google play, it prompts me to create a google+ account. If i cancel, back to the original prompt. Did you make any headway on this DuneSeaFarmer?
  • I can't access my alts on my tablet today, it just goes in a loop asking me to play as a guest or login with googleplay.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Finally Fixed

(fingers crossed)

Read these quick and easy steps :
    Go to Settings > Apps.
    Scroll to All apps and then scroll down to “Google Play Services” app.
    Open the app details and tap on the “Force stop” button.
    Then, tap on the “Clear cache” button.

I've tried this before, but changed my methodology today. Instead of logging into my main acct first, I chose an alt. Then main, then remaining alts (4 accts, 1 is my 9 year old padawans [cousin lives with us]) . And... so far so good.
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on