Checkup on the Sith Triumvirate Raid [MEGA]

Replies

• What GP is your Guild? MadridWars 110M
    What tiers did your Guild try? our first heroic
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? 1 day 7 hours
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) i don' t know LoL
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? yes
    Which change did you like the most? Nihilus rework
    Which change did you like the least?
    How has your overall experience changed since the update? 100% positive
  • ThePsyko
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    What GP is your Guild? 58.7m
    What tiers did your Guild try?5 and 5l6
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?5 took about a day going on week for t6
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)Yes, moving up in difficulty always helps improve loot
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Yes, the extra guild event currency is going to be handy
    Which change did you like the most? Nihilus is more predictable and better rewards from moving up a teir
    Which change did you like the least? I'm still receiving salvage i get from daily challenges. However their corresponding component pieces remain useful
    How has your overall experience changed since the update?Positive, though I'm worried the step up to 7☆ may be larger with the lowered difficulty on t6
  • We are a 100gp guild and moved up from tier 4 to tier 6. And completing tier 6 in 4-5 days. Better rewards at tier 6 than 4 at least. In a very distant future we will probably do heroic, but it's so far away that I really don't care about it. It's nice to be able to do a higher tier, but the main problem still persist. It is boring. Very boring. Some people don't care about even trying, others do an effort, but still hates it. Please make the raid simmable.

Here is how:

Every time you run a team that team's score are set as a "best score" for that phase. Only score done in one phase counts.
    You get a list of all the teams you have run in the current phase, and their best score (or the ten best if you want to make the simming harder to achieve)
    You can sim and you would make the same damage as your best score (or average or lowest of top 10, if you have 10) in 1 second.
    You can run the raid normally to try to improve your best score, if you don't succeed you get your current best score, if you succeed you improve your best score. This will make you feel you achieve something by running a raid. Not like now, when you feel you have accomplished nothing.

When a char is nerfed you can reduce all best scores with that char accordingly or wipe them.

You will always have an incentive to improve your best score, make a new team that works better than your last, etc. While not having to run an endless number of runs, taking too much time.
    I think that would make this game better, because it would still be interesting to do good runs, but not force you to do it every time. And it would still make collecting an important part to succeed in the raids.

It would even give an incentive for running average teams, and collect toons that can do average damage. Now you would never spend the time or the money to collect those teams, because you don't have the time to run them anyway.

There are so many other aspects of the game taking a lot of time, but at least with those you feel you accomplish something.
  • JiggyMooseJiggyMoose
    October 4
    Top 10 in HSTR almost never get fully crafted pieces. Don’t know if it’s just bad luck, but it’s gotten to the point it’s absurd. The rewards still are trash

Totally agree! I finish top 5 regularly in Heroic and very seldom get fully crafted g12 pieces. Last one we ran 9th place got 3! And the g12 salvage I do get are pieces I have 100+ of. It would be nice if we could pick the salvage we need instead of dealing with more rng!
  • Our guild is 29 mil gp it will years before we are hstr ready by then they will have come with 1 or 2 more impossible raids to put the icing on the cake. This game doesnt care its driving its new player base into the ground. My guild is apart of an alliance and we have a beginner guild with some heavyweights to coach and usually 2/3 of them are in active by lvl 40 to 60.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Rank #1- T5 SRT

iukq1ou49yef.png
  • Sepir
    38 posts Member
    - What GP is your Guild? - 139M
    - What tiers did your Guild try? - Heroic (we were on the verge just before the changes. The NS changes actually slowed us down)
    - How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? - ~25 hours.
    - Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) - Hard to compare as pre-patch we were doing T6 and hating it, and now we are doing heroic so getting all the good stuff.
    - Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? - N/A
    - Which change did you like the most? - Phase 1 Nihilus. Not reducing his cooldowns on basic makes for a lot smoother and not completely unenjoyable run.
    - Which change did you like the least? - NS Zombie rework made Deathstorm more RNG dependent which pushed us back a raid as we had built our teams to use that instead of Chex. Things need to be less RNG.
    - How has your overall experience changed since the update? - Still hate the RNG in phase 3. Looking forward to a team that can do something decent without 10's of restarts. Other than that it has become more enjoyable.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Having come first and third in T6 I'm not sure how you guys think the rewards are preparing me for heroic unless Tusken Shaman is really OP in Heroic because he's the only toon that requires the mk10 blastech you keep handing out every single time.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    GP: 63 M
    We have been farming Tier 5 since the update. We can most likely handle Tier 6 without much problems.
    Tier 5 takes us 3 days to complete, but this is at an extremely leisurely pace, and I ask people to only use each character once per raid (as it would be on heroic). We could do it in two days without problems I'm sure.

Rewards are greatly improved. Raid seems to be worth doing now.
    The rewards now help us progress instead of just existing.

Both changes to health and rewards are equally important.
    The changes to Nihilus make the ordeal less bad, even though I would still not call the raid fun.
    The change to Traya on lower tiers is nonsensical to me.
    Another good change is one in policy, where you no longer seem to panic every time a team is discovered that does good things against the raid. This is probably the best change of all of them.

The only truly bad thing is that it took so long.
  • What GP is your Guild?
    ~60 Million

What tiers did your Guild try?
    Started our usual T3 and blew it away. T4 and T5 seem about our speed now.

How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?
    T3 we destroy, maybe an hour. T4 a day(ish) T5 is the same grind the lower tiers used to be.

Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)
    No. Rewards still suck. Mostly because the structure is terrible, and the rewards still don't help you progress to higher tiers. The gear bottleneck has everyone slowed to a crawl. Additionally, with all the new farms lately, progression in this raid is a low priority.

Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
    Lol, define "future". 2 years at our casual growth rate? Sure. Will those of us that participate still be able to muscle through it any time soon? No, and most of us don't care to. I doubt we could even recruit to advance.

Which change did you like the most?
    At least we're not spending days on content below our gear levels anymore...

Not changing the Isolate or Lightsaber buff mechanics in P3. P4 is also still terrible.

How has your overall experience changed since the update?
    Same experience, just a higher tier.
  • What GP is your Guild?
    79 Million GP
    4, 5 and 6
    Tier 4 - 5 manned in 3 hours
    Tier 5 - 1 refresh
    Tier 6 - going on day 6 40% of phase 4 complete
    Feel it is still over tuned for GS 11. Traya is doing ridiculous damage to the time of 20k per saber and 45k main strike
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)
    No - rewards need to be doubled or complete sets rather than salvage.
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
    I think we are stuck on Tier 5 until we get more Jedi Rey teams and develop the NS and Chex Mix teams for Death Storm or flaming hot Greedo
    Prediction on Nihilus attacks
    Traya still dishing out way too much damage for advertised GS11 teams
    It has not because it’s still all about Goddess Rey and her magic blue stick. The supposed bonus to GMY and CLS might as well not exist. Both are zeta and GS12 and still can’t last more than 6 rounds in phase 4 opener.

• * What GP is your Guild?

85 million

* What tiers did your Guild try?

V, after doing IV almost exclusively since the beginning

* How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?

It used to take about 6-7 days for IV before the changes. We defeated our last IV in less than 20 hours. Our V raids have been taking about 2-3 days.

* Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)

Yes, definitely.

* Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?

Yes! We'll get there in a few months, I expect.

* Which change did you like the most?

Reduction of unpredictability of Darth Nihilus' Annihilate. This made p1 and 4 seem much less like a chore.

* Which change did you like the least?

It's more about what needed to change but didn't, as all the actual changes have been beneficial: Nihilis' Annihilate is still somewhat unpredictable, and often results in a) Annihilate suddenly triggering without time to prepare; or b) wasting an Unbreakable Will because the first character you put it on is now close to a full turn meter and Nihilus still hasn't gone. The changes made these happen less often, but it still happens, usually requiring a retreat. You can choose whether to gamble on the character with Unbreakable Will retaining it until Nihilus' turn, or waste a second Unbreakable Will (if you have one!) to ensure Nihilus' eventual target survives.

* How has your overall experience changed since the update?

It's gotten much better. The trifecta of better rewards, less frustration, and much faster completion time make it a whole new experience from before. It still needs some tweaking, but now I no later longer dread a boring, frustrating slog through a week's time.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Vohbo wrote: »
    GP: 63 M

Another good change is one in policy, where you no longer seem to panic every time a team is discovered that does good things against the raid. This is probably the best change of all of them.
    This is not a change. If such a team had been discovered they would have nerfed it. Period. If there is such a team, it just hasn't shown up in their data enough yet.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rav1n
    20 posts Member
    *What GP is your Guild?

61M, 41 members (35 daily participating avg.)

*What tiers did your Guild try?

T4, T5, T6

*How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?

T4 before change- 3-4 days with full participation.

T4 after change- I blinked. The raid was over before a lot of people even knew it started.
    T5- 20 hours.
    T6- Abandoned in Phase I at over 50% on day 5. Math says it's going to take 22 days if we keep going.

*Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid?

No.

*Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?

Not fast enough. Yes in the future....like T6 in 2020. Maybe by 2030 we can do Heroic.

*Which change did you like the most?

Less boss health.

*Which change did you like the least?

Removal of rewards that can be earned elsewhere. These help our weakest members grow fastest. Over half our guild needs some of the items removed.

It hasn't. Still can't farm enough materials, credits, and training droids to upgrade at a reasonable pace. I have as many unactivated characters that I don't have the resources to invest in as I do ones that are activated, and half of those are still level 50-60 gear tier 4.

• What GP is your Guild?
    77 million
    Tiers 4, 5, 6
    Tiers 4 and 5 in one refresh. Tier 6 about 5 days
    Not really. This was the first time we completed tier 6, so those rewards were better than the tier 5 awards, but nothing to write home about, especially for the time and effort put into it
    Not really. Essentially, everyone in our guild despises this raid. Someone in our guild quipped, “Should we start another STR raid or just repeatedly punch ourselves in the balls?” People do not want to play it and the rewards are not incentive enough. This raid is a guild killer. We have lost members who have quit the game altogether because of this raid, and we have lost people who wanted Traya shards so they left and went to stronger guilds. The guild member turnover has increase dramatically since this raid was instituted.
    Boss Health decrease and Nihilus Annihilate help
    You guys are too protective of your STR raid. I appreciate the creation of a raid where it cannot be soloed by a couple members and that encourages cooperation and coordination among a guild, but this is just too much. Your collective nerfing of various characters and teams is completely frustrating. On one side of your mouth you blow smoke about encouraging players to theory craft squads for raids, but the minute a team or character threatens your precious raid, you nerf the creativity of the player base and justify it with some “this was not our original intention” excuse. So, your consistent nerfing of characters to maintain the “integrity” of your raid is my least favorite part of your changes.
    I’m still being repeatedly punched in the balls, but just not as hard.
  • Csb2147
    28 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    For lower tier guilds that have only few level 85 and guild power of 10,000,000 took 5 days to complete tier 4. Tho saying that only about half of the guild actually made attacks and only 2 level 85 where making attacks and they did 80-90% of the damage. So even if a full group of 4star guys did it would probably say would takes weeks for a beginner guild to do with no high level players.
  • Rangkor05060709
    18 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Posting again since mine was deleted.

Before I begin to answer your questions I'll start with two items that still remain:
    1) a restart button seriously needs to be added to this raid. Having to force close the app just to restart is a royal pain in the you know what - looking at you P3.
    2) The rewards. This is a multi-parter:
    A) How is it possible that completing HSTR is NOT worthy of mod materials for making a 6E mod??? I can understand T6 having the first four components, but the fact that Heroic has that as well and nothing for 6E mats is ridiculous.
    2) The rewards structure IS NOT fair to guilds! Top 3, 10-20 and 20-50 is the WRONG way to go about this. The correct way should be a rewards structure based on your damage output. I.E. - < 5mil, 5 - 10 mil, > 10 mil. This pushes everyone to try and maximize dmg output and also be rewarded appropriately.
    3) The GXII+ grind - nonsense! 9 HSTR raids and not one fully crafted GXII+ gear and 9 HSTR raids getting 50% salvage pieces is ridiculous. Oh and let's not mention the fact that only once has the salvage pieces for the armatek fusion piece dropped and once for the detonator (luck here because it was 100% salvage). All other times it has been your standard data/key pad pieces. I find it hard to believe the odds are even across the pieces.
    4) Not only is the salvage pieces for GXII+ a horrible grind, but the fact your requiring stun cuffs, carbantis, etc to upgrade, which is already a bottleneck as it is, you don't get any decent amount from completing this raid.

Fix those two items above and then your so-called masterpiece will actually be one.

[*] What GP is your Guild? 146mil
    [*] What tiers did your Guild try? Herioc
    [*] How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? 3 hours
    [*] Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) NO!!! See above
    [*] Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? N/A
    [*] Which change did you like the most? Nihilus and his basic
    [*] Which change did you like the least? P3 traya remains the same
    [*] How has your overall experience changed since the update? Better but it still isn't the best.
    Post edited by Rangkor05060709 on
  • JiggyMoose wrote: »
    Top 10 in HSTR almost never get fully crafted pieces. Don’t know if it’s just bad luck, but it’s gotten to the point it’s absurd. The rewards still are trash

This! It is super frustrating to almost never get a full G12 for a Top 10 finish. I also have a ton of G12 Salvage at 50+ pieces, but not enough of the other G12 pieces to even make up a full piece of G12.
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    What GP is your Guild? About 160M
    What tiers did your Guild try? Heroic
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? 70-100 minutes
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) Yes
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Nothing better of Heroic =)
    Which change did you like the most? Rewards
    Which change did you like the least? Traya sabers, not tested doing heroic
    How has your overall experience changed since the update? too easy...
  • [*] What GP is your Guild?
    160M

[*] What tiers did your Guild try?
    Tier 6 (until about May/June), then all Tier 7

[*] How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?
    Tier 6 use to take us days...like 3 days or greater. Heroic can now be done by our guild in as little as 7hrs or less if all hands are on deck. Regarding the new changes, we have a sub guild that is still running Tier 6, and it's taking them less time, though I don't know exactly how long.

[*] Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)
    Since in our case it's mostly just about Heroic, I appreciate not having more junk gear from challenges show up. Rewards are best for the Heroic Sith Raid. It's been my impression that gear received from the other raids such as the rancor reward a lot less gear, and I wish those raids rewarded more gear relevant to the gear levels they are aimed at helping one boost up to accelerate said gear grind.

[*] Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
    Currently that's hard to say as we already participate in the highest available tiers, but I do believe it's helping our sub guild. I would say yes to our main guild if future raid content doesn't make the gear grind worse, and I would always prefer the gear grind to be better for lower gear levels as the ability to grow in gear power increases in-game. For instance, when G13 is eventually introduced, make G12 and or G12+ easier to acquire etc trickling down. As an aside, we lost many, MANY guild mates because of just how awful doing T6 over and over felt (and their impatience to get Traya of course). Same thing happened to our sub guild. I hope you all can make future content less of a chore, and more of an enjoyable experience.

[*] Which change did you like the most?
    No more stockpile-like challenge gear in the rewards!

[*] Which change did you like the least?
    There's no change I disliked.

[*] How has your overall experience changed since the update?
    It's slightly better but not completely different since our guild is doing all Heroics. I feel it's a move in the right direction.

While I have you here, I think making some more of the in-game events simable would be great (looking at the Secrets and Shadows among other events) if the player has beaten them several times (especially without losing anyone). Also, I would prefer the Rebel version of TB to have 4 waves instead of 6 as it makes the experience much easier to complete under a time crunch.

• What GP is your Guild?
    25.5 million
    T4 before update. T5 since update.
    T4 prior - 5-6 days depending on participation.
    T4 post-update - 5-6 hours
    T5 post-update - 7 days

Yes.
    Yes.
    Ability mechanic updates to P1/P3. Far less of a chore and we are seeing a notable increase in Guild participation in P1. Used to be the phase where only 3-5 of us would bother and the majority of the 5-6 days was those players constantly fighting Nihilus while everyone else waited for P2/Sion.
    Fixing Critolyte - broke a WAI Nightsister character's entire kit instead of fixing the stand-alone character that actually caused the infinite loop in the first place: Player-controlled Traya. Severely impacted exponentially more player's squads than would have been affected by adding a "Against Raid Bosses" text to Traya's ability (ref. Thrawn - Fracture).
    + Better overall Guild participation
    + Better rewards now that T5 is possible in similar timeframe
    + P1 is less of a retreat/try again phase than what it was
    + Guild views the Raid as progress instead of a chore now
  • 9-17M GP guild, playing for free since 2016
    5 daily active officers, 7 monthly member, +26 old members with a turn around of 260 days and increasing since we did not get a single new member since the 21st of July 2018 (we used to get around 5/months before the guild recommendation settings were based on raid completion). Feels like a death by Saarlacc.

Anyway we're tenacious.
    We found that completing the old tier3 Sith raid in 18-22 days was perfect since that was the time it took us to accumulate the necessary tickets to start the next 3*Sith raid.

We have not yet tried the new easier Sith raid as we are saving tickets to start a new tier 5 Sith raid (decision based on the comments I read on this page).

Will let you know the outcome when I figure it out.

In the mean time I'll keep collecting ally requests from 900+ players.
    tk6t7uw7cxtm.png

• So I have spent hours and other resources tweaking a team with Chewbacca (7*) for Sith raid. Chewy is supposed to grant his unique to the weakest ally... all other battles... galactic,arena and cantina he directs his unique to the weakest (Greedo). Then HSith He gives it to Pao! Is this another nerf? Chewy is not a cheap investment. So. Please I would love some response and not being swept under the rug in the bug dept because this may just be human error
  • XxLettowgoesroguexx
    What GP is your Guild?130m
    What tiers did your Guild try?heroic
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? 12h
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? No never receive complete Gear G12 since the update
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? N/A
    Which change did you like the most? Nihilius more easy
    Which change did you like the least? Reward
    How has your overall experience changed since the update? We pass Phase 1 more faster
  • Guild is 91 million GP.
    We do tier 5 and 6 depending on how long we care to wait on tickets.
    The prize support is much better and lowering the health, after 6 months of community complaining, is the best thing to happen.
    Someone mentioned increasing ticket cap. I would say instead lower the ticket cost of each tier of the STR by maybe 10k tickets. Just waiting to do the raid is a pain.
  • Scyndeye wrote: »
    9-17M GP guild, playing for free since 2016
    5 daily active officers, 7 monthly member, +26 old members with a turn around of 260 days and increasing since we did not get a single new member since the 21st of July 2018 (we used to get around 5/months before the guild recommendation settings were based on raid completion). Feels like a death by Saarlacc.

Anyway we're tenacious.
    We found that completing the old tier3 Sith raid in 18-22 days was perfect since that was the time it took us to accumulate the necessary tickets to start the next 3*Sith raid.

We have not yet tried the new easier Sith raid as we are saving tickets to start a new tier 5 Sith raid (decision based on the comments I read on this page).

tk6t7uw7cxtm.png

You know you can join an active guild right?
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    Scyndeye wrote: »

Anyway we're tenacious.

tk6t7uw7cxtm.png

He said his guild was working on building up if you read the whole post.

That's the problem with this raid it has destroyed so many guilds and drove many players to quit. While the new players arent lasting past lvl 60. They took to long to try and fix this raid and still fumbled the ball. Look at the most of the posts they are from guilds farming HSTR. Most of smaller guilds are still struggling taking weeks to complete t4 or t5.

So in short you guys screwed the chance to actually improve the rewards to match the ridiculous hardness of this raid. There is still almost no incentive to even participate if you can't top 10 to get a halfway decent gear either so most I included just say screw it why waste the time.

It took roughly 6+ months for them to figure out rhe raid was broken. The player base knew from day 1 but CG took a ridiculous amount of time for them to attempt fix it. I imagine it will be another 6 months to a year to do anything more.........
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    Scyndeye wrote: »

Anyway we're tenacious.

I know. ;)
    As I told my fellow guild members way back in September 2017. I'm not leaving, I'm not going anywhere. I have been in this guild since the developers released the guild features in April 2016. I avoided the 2 great purges of October & November 2016, when all our non-daily players were removed by one of our officers. I remember the feeling of taking 4 months to finish our first AAT, wondering if we'd complete it before the end of the year (we did it right before Xmas 2016). I survived the loss of my leader who went in August 2017 on a 2-weeks holiday in Portugal never to return. I watched in heart break as our 2 top players left to play in more active guilds, forcing me to step up as leader. I understand that 2018 members, who I spent months mentoring and advising, decide to join another guild when they finally reach level 85. I do understand.
    And I choose to stay.

PS: to stay on topic, I do look forward to trying this Sith raid update.
  • Just wanted to chime in with our guild's 2¢. Our guild is currently sitting at 92M GP. Before the changes to the raid, we were alternating between T4 and T5, with most of the guild members preferring 4 because T5 simply took too much time and effort. But the changes to the raid have made a world of difference for us. We did a few attempts at T5 post update, but we quickly got to the point where we could blast through it within 24 hours, so we've since moved to T6 and have that on farm now as well.

I'm not sure the changes will help us reach the Heroic tier any sooner than we otherwise would've, but they are nonetheless appreciated. The rewards we're getting are clearly better than before. The changes to Nihilus's kit make fighting him much easier and less stressful. I haven't noticed much of a change with Traya, but I never struggled with her before, either.

Overall, we really like the changes, and we're hopeful that after the next JTR event, we'll be able to tackle Heroic.
  • @RunchGwar

I agree that the Traya changes aren't too noticeable but they are significant once you're trying to run Chex Mix or Greedo teams from what I've researched. Her sabres no longer debuff your team or inflict buffs of any kind. They just get their random ones and that's it.

It's far less of an RNG fest when you're running the best HSTR teams in that phase.