[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• What if we have a legendary for Jedi Revan, and he with characters like HK 47 or whatever is needed for a hero’s journey to get Darth Revan?
    I AM the High Ground
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    It doesn't specifically call it a Heroes Journey, just that if you want a 7* Revan you need 7* OR toons. Interesting. Looking forward to the prep for this in 6 months when I'm done the 500 other things the game is releasing.

Hah.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    tetete15 wrote: »
    Let me preface this by saying that I have absolutely nothing against speculation and conjecture. It's pretty fun to see what people come up with and to get excited about the possibilities. That being said, from the way people are reacting to the news about Revan, you would think there's a lot more information available. Let's break it down.

Here's what we know about the upcoming Jedi Revan release:
    • Jedi Revan is coming to the game sometime in the next three months.
    • That's really about it.
    Here's what we don't know about the upcoming release, but lots of people still assume wholeheartedly:
    • How Revan will be introduced into the game.
    • When exactly Revan will be introduced into the game.
    • Which characters will be needed to unlock Revan.

Many people appear to be absolutely certain that OR characters will be needed to unlock Revan, and are willing to dump lots of time and resources into it with almost zero information to go off of. While this seems plausible, we simply don't know enough to go out preaching with total conviction that everyone needs to farm those characters - the same phenomenon appears to be happening with the Solo characters, in anticipation for an unsubstantiated rumor of a (possibly legendary) Beckett release, which is doubtful at best - but this post is mainly about Revan, so I'll save that discussion for another time.

Not only that, but people seem fairly certain that Revan will be coming very quickly, within the next few weeks. Keep in mind that the road ahead updates provide information for the next three months, so it could be longer than people are anticipating. We know that there will be a week of warning if Revan does end up being a legendary character, but we haven't gotten that warning yet, so there's at least a week, at most three months. That's a big range.

One last thing. Tons of people appear very impatient for Revan to be released, or even just for more information to be given. It's only been four days since the puzzle was posted, and only three since it was solved. It hasn't even been a week since Revan was confirmed - simply confirmed, little to nothing more - and people are already chomping at the bit. Just be patient. More information will be released soon, on CG's schedule (which I'm confident that they do have, given that they are a large company; it's probably been planned for a while now, even).

Moral of the story: just relax. In my opinion, it's a waste of time and resources to panic farm for something that you don't even know any details of, especially if different characters end up being required. If you believe that Revan will be coming sooner rather than later, feel free to act accordingly. If you want to panic farm your OR characters, be my guest. But don't preach it like it's certain until it is.

Rant over. I'll step down off of my soapbox now.

No more speculation https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/184333/an-ancient-journey-of-redemption#latest
  • The sheer amount of love that went into the character and the behind the scenes was well worth enough to convince me to "7*" the the toons. I'm sitting at 6* now but will be by end of the day . Super job on the fan favorite you guys deserve major credit for this one
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    It doesn't specifically call it a Heroes Journey, just that if you want a 7* Revan you need 7* OR toons. Interesting. Looking forward to the prep for this in 6 months when I'm done the 500 other things the game is releasing.

Hah.

"To complete and unlock a 7* Revan". Sounds like 7* lock to me.
  • Well only whales will get revan then and there will be a very large amount of unhappy people. Hope they are happy with the fallout that is coming
  • So, we know he unlocks at 7* and that we need OR toons at 7* to unlock. We don't yet know when he drops, nor how the event is gonna release or anything. I WOULD assume it is soon, because the character packs drop today (I assume with the update that is coming to announce JTR opening in a few days and containing the Old Republic packs).

We are inbound people, ground zero is moments away. Let's get Revan!
  • Well, it's a journey. do we know when it begins yet? Please not this week....
  • Packs drop today, so...
  • After being informed that Revan will be a hero’s journey event requiring 7* TOR characters which didn’t come out too long ago, has put my perspective of this game into a considerably dim view. This will make practically everyone who is DESPERATE for this character spend obscene amounts of money and the people who can’t or won’t spend it get shafted. Sure chewbacca was a good event. But compared to Revan!? Doesn’t even come close. Disappointed CG. People have been pining for Revan for a long time and then you deny a large amount of your player base the opportunity to even acquire him. You are bold
  • Just get him next time around? It isn't like the event won't be back.
  • This ought to be good.
  • We don't know when he is coming out, it very possibly could be in December. Most likely not, but have a little hope
  • So, we know he unlocks at 7* and that we need OR toons at 7* to unlock. We don't yet know when he drops, nor how the event is gonna release or anything. I WOULD assume it is soon, because the character packs drop today (I assume with the update that is coming to announce JTR opening in a few days and containing the Old Republic packs).

We are inbound people, ground zero is moments away. Let's get Revan!

No kit reveal yet either.
  • Why are the KoTOR characters required for Jedi Revan? They literally had NOTHING to do with him until AFTER he became Darth Revan. Not while he was a Jedi who went to fight in the Madalorian War. Or this is supposed to be an event that takes place during the KoTOR event, then they'll be needed to get Darth Revan then, right? Hopefully Darkside Revan isn't as trashy as Palpatine or Sidious. For someone who was the most powerful Sith Lords to exist (according to all the videos and discussions), they're awfully weak compared to CLS, who didn't even beat Papa Palpatine.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Dang they have officially boned me. I not going to stress. Shoot I may quit this is getting too expensive.
  • when is it? They are gonna sell packs today.
  • Commenting over at reddit instead. I won't need the asterisks there.
  • Thats not the point. At 5* unlock some more might have a chance to get him. Wont be exceptional in arena (probably) at 5* anyway
  • Iron_Zilla wrote: »
    After being informed that Revan will be a hero’s journey event requiring 7* TOR characters which didn’t come out too long ago, has put my perspective of this game into a considerably dim view. This will make practically everyone who is DESPERATE for this character spend obscene amounts of money and the people who can’t or won’t spend it get shafted. Sure chewbacca was a good event. But compared to Revan!? Doesn’t even come close. Disappointed CG. People have been pining for Revan for a long time and then you deny a large amount of your player base the opportunity to even acquire him. You are bold

Eh what’d you all really expect? CG has made monumental mistakes this past year and this just adds to the list. The whales will get Revan, everyone else will wait and get further dominated by whales in arena and TW.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I'm glad that it's so soon. This way I won't be **** like the JTR release that I missed enough shards by a week xD. Also I don't expect anyone bar one whale in my arena to get him.
  • ^^^ agreed. We’ve had hardly anytime to prepare for this. I hope there isn’t a solo movie event that comes after this
  • Unclear from announcement as it says 7 star KOTOR to unlock 7 star Revan...
  • Unlock at 7
  • @DarthNekros Packs drop today I believe. This month or December; doesn’t matter when a chunk of people don’t have access to it.
  • Its a 7* unlock
  • tetete15 wrote: »
    Let me preface this by saying that I have absolutely nothing against speculation and conjecture. It's pretty fun to see what people come up with and to get excited about the possibilities. That being said, from the way people are reacting to the news about Revan, you would think there's a lot more information available. Let's break it down.

Here's what we know about the upcoming Jedi Revan release:
    • Jedi Revan is coming to the game sometime in the next three months.
    • That's really about it.
    Here's what we don't know about the upcoming release, but lots of people still assume wholeheartedly:
    • How Revan will be introduced into the game.
    • When exactly Revan will be introduced into the game.
    • Which characters will be needed to unlock Revan.

Many people appear to be absolutely certain that OR characters will be needed to unlock Revan, and are willing to dump lots of time and resources into it with almost zero information to go off of. While this seems plausible, we simply don't know enough to go out preaching with total conviction that everyone needs to farm those characters - the same phenomenon appears to be happening with the Solo characters, in anticipation for an unsubstantiated rumor of a (possibly legendary) Beckett release, which is doubtful at best - but this post is mainly about Revan, so I'll save that discussion for another time.

Not only that, but people seem fairly certain that Revan will be coming very quickly, within the next few weeks. Keep in mind that the road ahead updates provide information for the next three months, so it could be longer than people are anticipating. We know that there will be a week of warning if Revan does end up being a legendary character, but we haven't gotten that warning yet, so there's at least a week, at most three months. That's a big range.

One last thing. Tons of people appear very impatient for Revan to be released, or even just for more information to be given. It's only been four days since the puzzle was posted, and only three since it was solved. It hasn't even been a week since Revan was confirmed - simply confirmed, little to nothing more - and people are already chomping at the bit. Just be patient. More information will be released soon, on CG's schedule (which I'm confident that they do have, given that they are a large company; it's probably been planned for a while now, even).

Moral of the story: just relax. In my opinion, it's a waste of time and resources to panic farm for something that you don't even know any details of, especially if different characters end up being required. If you believe that Revan will be coming sooner rather than later, feel free to act accordingly. If you want to panic farm your OR characters, be my guest. But don't preach it like it's certain until it is.

Rant over. I'll step down off of my soapbox now.

........... It just became certain lol
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    ksomm5 wrote: »
    This ought to be good.

Hope you bought a metric-ton of popcorn and pitch forks because there is going to be a deep rage in the forums.

Personally, this event makes no sense. CLS and JTR involved characters that were integral to the story for the event. This one leaves out Carth Onasi who was a major part of the plot. I am definitely disappointed.
  • With the release of this new character... I’m finally looking forward to a new tag. Sure he will have Old Republic and Jedi tags. But we should finally get our first hero with the WHALE tag.