[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• No thanks
  • Pretty sure it is gonna be a Hero's Journey style event where only specific characters are used not a legendary style where you need a faction.
  • If you have them at the 3* they unlocked at you need 1400 shards to get them all to 7*. If you are lucky enough to only end up spending 50 crystals per shard that’s 70,000 in crystals.

Then there’s the gearing needed.
  • Absolutely HK-47 IS Old Republic canon. Please fix this.
  • Can we get a kit reveal for Revan before we drop $$$$ on these packs? I mean what if he sucks?
  • Let's see, can you log in, access your characters, and participate in all features you've got the characters for? Then yes, it's free to play.

Seriously, the game has always been this way. ALWAYS. And it always will be. This is the games-as-a-service design, and it's not designed to allow you to never spend a dime. It's a constant war between fans and the developers. Fans desperately scrambling to find the cheapest way to play the game, developers desperately trying to make it just out of reach for players playing completely free. And every time the fans win one, the developers have to recalculate, and tune it even harder next time.

If you haven't noticed that, you haven't been paying attention. Get you Old Republic characters starred up and geared up, and by ready by December. We'll likely get another shot at it later December/early January.

And before anyone criticizes me as someone who will be able to complete the event talking to those who can't, I'm not even close. I've got 1 5 Star and 1 4 Star, the rest aren't even started.
  • Skicow wrote: »
    I am excited about Revan and I thank you for telling us what characters to farm.

However... Why no HK-47?? Shouldn't he be tagged as Old Republic and available to use?

Lol no $$$ with HK-47.

+1 Nuff said
  • If you have them at the 3* they unlocked at you need 1400 shards to get them all to 7*. If you are lucky enough to only end up spending 50 crystals per shard that’s 70,000 in crystals.

Then there’s the gearing needed.

😳. Welp, I think I’ll pass on dropping any cash....
  • HK22 wrote: »
    ksomm5 wrote: »
    This ought to be good.

Hope you bought a metric-ton of popcorn and pitch forks because there is going to be a deep rage in the forums.

Personally, this event makes no sense. CLS and JTR involved characters that were integral to the story for the event. This one leaves out Carth Onasi who was a major part of the plot. I am definitely disappointed.

I’m here. They just don’t like me enough to throw me a freakin’ bone.

• It’ll never happen, but I’d love to just see them pipe in and give us some rational. They just let the fire grow.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    thatguy181 wrote: »
    Going off past heroic journey events, I expect this to go live next Thursday...

Sorry CG, I'm not even close enough to consider whaling out for this. Way too soon imo since Mission and Zaalbar both JUST came F2P...

Isn't that what happened with the vets? Two cantina nodes a week before RJT? The main difference now is that Finn and Stick Rey were farmable significantly beforehand whereas the other three only went to hard nodes in the past month as well.

^This. Not sure why everyone is surprised. F2P should never have expected to get him the first time around. I sure didn't.
  • Real question is where is Carth? He was the first character introduced in KOTOR game and plays major role in game.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    All this and NO double drops even?

100% drop rate and double drops wouldnt help
  • ksomm5 wrote: »
    It’ll never happen, but I’d love to just see them pipe in and give us some rational. They just let the fire grow.

The only way the fire is contained is if they announced the event will happen in December and that they’re adding KOTOR toons to some stores. Oh and double drops. Lol.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    DaGhost141 wrote: »
    Real question is where is Carth? He was the first character introduced in KOTOR game and plays major role in game.

This guy gets it.
  • They will add you wanted Legendary then take it. Hahaha CG you done it -wait- again. %99 base player won't able to unlock Raven. What's the point to do this event i wonder? Great job like always.
  • 1% of players will be willing to pay for this. Which means 99% of players will just get him free next time. They could have made a lot more money and a lot more people happy if it was done differently
  • So, since no one has started a thread speculating when the event will start, I guess I will. This speculation is based on the following assumptions:
    1. The devs want people to unlock Revan who haven’t 7* all the or toons from marquee packs
    2. Their tuning the date to make Revan available only if you’ve been “maxing” your farming (meaning 3x cantina energy refresh per day, 1-2 hard node refreshes per day)
    3. You purchase the 50 shard packs, and you’ve gotten the free 50 shards from marquees.
    4. 30% drop rate average from nodes

So, if you do a little math, each toon would need an extra 230 shards to be farmed to 7*. Bastila and Jolee came out first, and have double hard nodes, so I’ll ignore them. That means you’re really worried about Zaalbar (single hard node) or t3 and mission (competing for cantina energy). If you do 3x cantina energy refreshes per day, you’ll get on average about 10 shards for mission and 13 for t3. That means about 40 days total. Zaalbar is a little bit of a wildcard, but with one refresh you’d get 5/day, so 46 days. You can probably tighten down to 2 once you’re done with bastila and Jolee, so it’s not out of the realm of possibility to squeeze him out in 40 days as well. So, my guess is about 40 days from their release to hard nodes (sep 26). That would put the event timing as pretty close to Halloween. So, probably last week of October or first week of November.
    As an aside, if you use these assumptions, you can estimate that purchasing these packs will shave 5 days off your farm for mission and about 4 for t3, 9 if you get both.
  • Might need to panic farm some G12+ gear for this.. Not fair CG!
    muz68vohlz7d.png
  • Camakin wrote: »
    The super short notice actually makes me happy. I won’t get suckered in to buying packs and buying chests of crystals in an attempt to panic farm 5 toons from 4* to 7* when i can just blow my money on other toons and get him next time.

This
  • The smarter thing to do would allow him unlocked at 5*. This would dramatically encourage spending. With the insane steep requirements of 7* everyone, not many will be spending except krakens and whales.
  • WOW I am actually shocked by this Mission, T3 and Zaalbar only went on nodes to farm on the 26th September!! At least with the vets and JTR they gave people 6 weeks to farm and 2-3 double drop events. This is ridiculous if the Revan event is next week
  • @Vampire_X HI!!!

Great job CG, excited for Revan; the art release info is also pretty cool. His model looks amazing.
  • 1% of players will be willing to pay for this. Which means 99% of players will just get him free next time. They could have made a lot more money and a lot more people happy if it was done differently

This is what baffles me. They pulled a KD and turned down the money.

I'd actually wager it's more like 0.1% of players have already paid for this. 0.1% could do this if they paid now. 99.8% of players have no prayer and can't do it at all.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Utter disgrace how aggressive this is for paying. You apologized for how you released Thrawn giving so little time to farm Phoenix.

This is a lot worse.
  • A light side Revan? Noooooooooooo! What is this ridiculous garment on him? He’s preparing for a wedding or what? THIS IS REVAN:
    5isrozz5g507.jpeg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Remember when new characters were chromium-only for unknown period of time and then maybe sometime became farmable? Yeah, we're goona start calling those the "good old times", considering the direction this game is taking. Hope this event flops finantially, it's the only thing they listen to. There's no point buying bundles when there is no chance of 7* anyway.
  • How about the math for the non whales who will unlock him in April?
  • Prolly take the average player between 5 and 7 hundred dollars to unlock him from this point. They are taking advantage of people with expendable incomes and worse people with addiction. Shame