[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Somethings gotta change with the way new characters are dropped in nodes. Because frankly its tiresome that nothing new ever pops up in shops anymore. I truly believe non-meta toons like characters from solo and other such toons should not be a bear to farm. Its just been getting out of hand that it takes forever to get new toons now that just arent gonna be used for much. At this stage of the game a lot of us dont need that much shard shop currency and I would like to get some fresh toons in the gw and arena stores. That doesn't seem like I'm asking too much does it?
  • @Vampire_X HI!!!

Great job CG, excited for Revan; the art release info is also pretty cool. His model looks amazing.

😑

I'd been targeting these toons since they hit shipments and hoarding as I figured the KOTOR would result in a big edition. Skipped on gearing some other things and farming. I refreshed the Jolee node for the 25 and the 50 each day, started farming him at 3* as I didn't buy his 9.99 pack. He's at 43/100. Mission and T3 will be tight since they JUST dropped. It's quick for sure.
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    They've said half the shops are never going to get new stuff as it's meant for shard currency
  • Starts next Thursday, post has been edited. And still no kit reveal.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Psychosaur wrote: »
    A light side Revan? Noooooooooooo! What is this ridiculous garment on him? He’s preparing for a wedding or what? THIS IS REVAN:

So they can release DS Revan next year! Duh!

And then neutral Revan the year after. HELLO?!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    Might need to panic farm some G12+ gear for this.. Not fair CG!
    muz68vohlz7d.png

Stay classy, man!
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    Might need to panic farm some G12+ gear for this.. Not fair CG!
    muz68vohlz7d.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SqC_m3yUDU
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Can we get some more whales who don't feel they have gotten enough value for the $1000s they have spent on the game make some more snarky remarks and give us screenshots of their full slate of 7* g12 OR toons? Because that's what I really want right now... completely tone-deaf, entitled (insert preferred expletive here) showing off how much money they spent and how it makes them better than everyone who's not too happy atm. At least the first guy to do it, (wont name them, but a Screenshot lasts forever) had the good sense to delete his post... or it got taken off by a mod.

That said, we don't know the start date... but its likely soon and yeah, its disproportionately providing value to the whales, even the ones that have no class... but I can guarantee there will be at least one f2p player who gets Revan... my OR toons are all 5* and I have 84k crystals banked for just such an occasion... so, yeah... gg getting your toons ready by spending all the money... I'm doing it for $0... I'm soooo classy.
  • really the 18th CG! give us some time to do this!
  • Do we at least get 3-4 days of double drops?
  • Lol I’m not gonna get him anytime soon. OR toons have been giving me a 20-25% drop rate. They really didn’t give F2P much of a chance to unlock him on the first go.
  • Won’t get a dime from me.
  • thank you for releasing this so soon, CG. The amount of money this tempts me to spend is...let's see...carry the 3....OH LOOK still $0.

The only thing I'm shocked by are people who continue to be shocked by and then turn around and support bad behavior.
  • Markyj wrote: »
    really the 18th CG! give us some time to do this!

All other hero journeys were two weeks prep. Not only do they give us the quickest farm possible they give us less prep time. They really don’t want our money.
  • Looks like this time I'll have to wait for the third or fourth time. Ok. Chewie is still my priority.
  • Oh well. I’ll get him next time. If I miss that one it’s my fault.
  • First off this is not jedi Revan this is just Revan or stranger, he was jedi then darth then Revan. He follows the Jedi then leaves. So it depends on you view really but terrible execution of this
  • I know many players at this point who enjoy this game and prefer to spend money on it to receiver certain content sooner or more content faster. I'm okay with that, because I know that as a competitive f2p player I am able to attain everything at a relatively decent pace to still enjoy content before it becomes outdated. I am also able to meet most of the goals for unlocking new content without investing tens, hundreds, or even thousands of dollars into an attempt to do so. This Jedi Revan Hero's journey, coupled with the Solo Scoundrel bait and switch followed by the Chewie BH gear upcharge, crosses the line into whale-only territory. This event completely writes out any competitive f2p player who had not had the privelege of a 2 year+ old account that might have been able to save a stockpile of crystals to inefficiently (but effectively) dump last minute into a KOTOR panic farm. The fact that spending nearly 900 crystals/day on farming KOTOR since freely farmable will likely (technically we don't have the date yet) be insufficient to bring them to 7* let alone sufficiently gear them (gear-req- depending) demonstrates a total lack of respect for anyone approaching this game with a strategic and competitive f2p mindset.

I paid 75$ in the initial 6 months that got me going and made up for a vacation off, so I have supported the game. I'm not a freeloader (though I don't ethically see an issue with that either). This is an insult and an outrage. This is the most shameless cash grab I've seen in this game to date. This says pay me money or else you don't get it, no matter how good you are at the game.

I sincerely have no respect for anyone who had any role in setting the requirements and date for this event.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Can we get some more whales who don't feel they have gotten enough value for the $1000s they have spent on the game make some more snarky remarks and give us screenshots of their full slate of 7* g12 OR toons? Because that's what I really want right now... completely tone-deaf, entitled (insert preferred expletive here) showing off how much money they spent and how it makes them better than everyone who's not too happy atm. At least the first guy to do it, (wont name them, but a Screenshot lasts forever) had the good sense to delete his post... or it got taken off by a mod.

That said, we don't know the start date... but its likely soon and yeah, its disproportionately providing value to the whales, even the ones that have no class... but I can guarantee there will be at least one f2p player who gets Revan... my OR toons are all 5* and I have 84k crystals banked for just such an occasion... so, yeah... gg getting your toons ready by spending all the money... I'm doing it for $0... I'm soooo classy.

Couldn't resist the urge to brag yourself aye? lmao
  • where does it say the 18th
  • They haven’t set a release date buT the sooner the better. I very much prefer if only the fattest whales get Revan during the first run and not all the medium sized spenders. Ths way it will have a much lesser impact on arena and the rest of us 99.9 % can keep farming OR toons to be ready the next time the event returns. In a way it is even more honest this way than tempting ppl to panic farm to maybe get all the toons to 7* in time.
  • Chucke wrote: »
    where does it say the 18th

They updated it
  • @Chucke They edited the journey reveal post and added the 18th 20 minutes ago.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I was hoping the event wouldn't drop until December but really I knew this was coming the moment they made all the toons accessible other than Mission/Saucer head robot thing both being on cantina.

Gotta make that cash, but at least it frees me up to farm other things and can now just work through OR one at a time at a leisurely pace.
  • And you couldnt even release a pack for Only Jolee ??? Didnt I spend enough on Bastila for you?
  • @JaggedJ exactly what I'm doing. Finishing Vet Chewie, then I'll get BH ready for next Chewbacca then I'll maybe bother with OR. No panic. Just patience.
  • CG. if any of you read this. im just letting you know that your methods are absolutely disgrace.
    this is one of your worst decisions ever, and lot of players will leave the game.
    i really hope NO ONE will buy the packs and no one will spend money on this game. i know its the "last quarter" and you have expectations to meet, but you are making this beautiful thing into a chore more than a game. no one is enjoying this.
    shame on you.
  • As far as I can tell, they haven't said when the event is. Unless I missed it. Safe to assume a week from now at the earliest.