[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• I’d like to throw in that all CG has done here is make the gap between F2P and P2P 100x larger then it previously was. You will have now released two legendary characters with in a month and 1/2. Now almost every F2P character has to say do I stop farming Vets or BH to farm OR toons? The vast majority of F2P now has to decide between which of the three to farm. Literally a month and 1/2 ago they only had to worry about CLS and JTR. Now most have three legendary characters to worry about unlocking. Not to mention Darth Traya who yet again is a Meta character who most don’t have. The gap between F2P and P2P has never felt as hopeless as it does now.
  • I bought the 30 shard packs for these toons when they came out to get them all 4*. I’ve been farming each with multiple refreshes since they became FTP. Bastila and jolee are 15 days from 7*. T3 and zalbar are 28 days and mission 30-45.

My spending had me on pace for a mid-November release of Revan. @CG_Carrie this customer isn’t inspired to repeat past customer behaviour since it didn’t help. After a year of Marquee ****, this game has lost its fun factor. Sad. Very sad.
  • Thankfully I have not played KOTOR and so I don’t have to worry about revan for myself because I don’t care whether I get him or not.

However, *cough* Grievous *cough* disappointed *cough* no rework *cough*.

Great job typing that all up sir, you get a like from me, very nice to see some reasonable complaints, most are unreasonable and unnecessary and just plain awful.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • As the title says, it's probably the best way to calm the masses right now.
  • 10i5s9e.jpg

😎
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    I'd say 6*, let's compromise :smiley:
  • I have managed to 7* Bastila, T3 and Jolee. Sadly I won't be getting Mission and Zaalbar to 7* in the timeframe given so will need to get Revan next time round.

In the mean time it would be nice to hear why the devs have screwed everybody over with Revan and timeframes.

Also it would be good if they can let us know if there will be double drops as I will probably move on and farm other stuff and do mission and Zaalbar slow time now
  • More than disappointed, i farmed them all since they were released, spending 700 Crystals a day and look were I amgt3zao65avyt.png
  • Yeah I would have been willing to actually spend some money if it would have been close, but this is an absolute SLAP IN THE FACE to anyone but complete whales. Even with the packs its going to be next to impossible to panic farm this. Most event, if you properly farmed ahead of time, you could spend a little to take the edge off with packs and be fine.

We've been able to farm some of these for TWO WEEKS. That is less time than ANY other event for required characters ever had.

I get you wanted to make the character "rare" and not "hand it" to everyone. But with the amount of hype surrounding the launch and the fanbase around that character, CG has angered a large portion of their player base. Heck, even the whales that went full in on Solo probably barely have time to panic farm this.

This was an unprecedented let down to so many people.

If you want to see the TRUE uproar then head to reddit, where the mods can't actually squelch free speech and see for yourselves the disaster you've created.
  • This is the reason I quit MSF, a blatant cash grab. I've played this game since day 1 and have always supported this game, until now. As the leader of a TW focused guild this will unfavorably turn that game mode into a P2P mode, more so than it is already. I'm so close the to deleting this app permanently.
  • Lol that's still gonna be hard for all f2p players that have been farming Kotor since they became farmable, but it's much better than 7* so sure why not
  • @CG_SBCrumb can we at least get a kit reveal?
  • Double drops??
  • MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I'm torn between your point of view and the 'panic farm' one.

On the one hand we know we aren't getting many ( if any ) more marquee characters for a while, so those toons PROBABLY are it. But they're a little weird as a combination for a legendary or journey event. Maybe. Especially for someone like Revan, apparently. Even though there's little else that makes sense to farm, except...

...there's also the Sith characters from that era. And HK-47 and Visas Marr. And, as you pointed out, we have no REAL idea what kind of event this is. Just clues, or what we might be presuming to be clues. This could be an event the scale, sort, or kind of which we've really never seen before.

Or not. I mean, what the heck is that Terentatek about, right?

Well, there's our answer. Everyone's first and worst fears are now absolutely justified.
  • Hey CG. Dont know who is in charge of marketing but this is 3 years old game and lots of players have accumulated anger towards you which is inevitable at some point. But making such a huge whale only decision after all the time will surely make old players quit the game as this is only the last drop to the full glass. Hope someone in charge thinks this throughly.
  • The Revan I am familiar about is female, dont care about this one.
  • From the making of "the toon only 5% of players have a chance to buy":
    This outfit is acquired in game only if the player successfully completes the game as a light side Jedi - so it narratively fit our needs as well. It also conveniently has a hood that we decided to raise to add to the “cool factor” and to bring light side Revan more in line with how we’ve seen Revan later on as Darth Revan in Star Wars™: The Old Republic.

All I read is - with some word juggling - "No, Darth Revan later. We specifically included the mask and the Star Forge Robe instead of making his face hidden underneath a deep drawn hood of a similar outfit, hiding the face in its shadow, so we don't have to design the Darth Revan which at least 50% of the community was waiting for"

Now at a 3-0 for the LS.... How about renaming the game?
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Light Side Hero Journeys.

A perfect possibility to actually make players happy... both Light and Dark... in balance as all things should be...
    Nope, Devs at CG are Light Side lovers... will I ever get the cool content the Light Side has? I am not talking about strong characters, the Dark Side has them too. I am talking of a Villains Journey. An event specifically made for a character I love, which I have to earn with 5 7star characters?
    Have there been Disney restrictions that say only Hero Journeys, because the dark side cannot have their own heroes? (You know, it is all a matter of perspective. Theoretically, the Empire is just and the Rebels are a bunch of terrorists that fight against a lawful and voted regime)

Was hyped, now I was let down... massively. No Darth Revan Journey, not dark side love, just another Hero's Journey and this time with a twist: 99% of the players won't get him even if they did start farming right away. Even whales, whaling hard will have to spend even more...

Actually....THANK YOU EA/CG

I'm starting to think it is awesome! Why?
    Because I know, I will have at least 3 months notice before the actual release of the content, without any urge to spend a single $ at all. No packs, no crystals for refreshes, nothing! Thank you!
    I honestly think that snake bit its own tail ;-)
  • Guess i see you in six months Revan... :D

No way i can finish farming Kotor characters until next week. :'(
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb can we at least get a kit reveal?

I was thinking the same but then, all this anger will die down as folk accept they can't get him this time, and then, then they'll drop his kit.
    Boom.
    More anger threads as he and the Jedi become the new meta 🤣😂🤣
    I'll be giving the forums a wide berth until Christmas, this is gonna get toxic 😁
  • Jml727 wrote: »
    Did I misread the start date? Sure the packs are out but they didn’t say when.

There is no start date provided YET

Starts on the 18th
  • I was speaking to a guild mate last week and I said that if needed I'd pay the £200 needed to get Revan because I'm such a big fan. That would have been a happy (yet financially painful) choice. It is incredibly steep but that is the price CG charge for characters on release. But this "heroes journey" for a character that doesn't have a base character means crazy money!
    I've farmed the smugglers to 7 star for absolutely no purpose (thanks for that CG) and now, the lack lustre old repuclic toons, that are a dire farm, are standing in the way.
    This sort of thing not only alienates ALL free to play players but also people like me that can spend on exceptional cases. CG, has lost any money I would have been willing to spend on Revan now because of what can only be seen as a disgustly overblown sense of greed. I hope they have some plan to make this more accessible but if they don't... I don't have a clue how to react to this at the moment. I'm seriously dissapointed.
  • DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    EA/CG

Ignore all the hate... Despite what all the whiners are saying, you have been really very consistent in how you roll out new toons. I'm exited (so please, give us Revan's kit NOW!) and a lot of us who are not complaining are very excited.

For everyone complaining, lets actually look at the facts:

1. Soon as we got 5 OR toons in Marquees, you should have known Revan was coming;
    2. 2 of the toons got slapped into hard nodes a month ago;
    3. The other three toons we got 2 weeks ago (so, 3 weeks before the event starts);
    4. CG offered energy packs 3 times recently to boost farming;
    5. CG added weekly shipments, where you can get 25 shards of each toon for 2000; and
    6. CG boosted the number of hard node attempts to 8, and reduced the refresh cost by 25

So, can you get to 7* in time without buying packs or using a ton of crystals? ... no, no you cannot... but you can/could get it done if you prepared ahead of time and went hard soon as you could...

Revan is more highly desired than any other character, even Jedi Luke... it would be lame to basically hand him out to everyone... especially people who pay a lot of money to play this game should get something exclusive (however temporary) to show off... its like in WoW... I rocked the AH for a year to stockpile a ton of gold to be the first on my server to buy Mimiron's Head from the BMAH... if everyone had one, then what was the point of all my effort?

In this case, its not working an AH, but rather spending a ton of $$$, or in other cases like mine, hoarding crystals and gear for months and months to be prepared for the next great thing (which, yeah, tends to come toward the end of the year (CLS, RJT and now Revan)

So, if you didn't adequately prepare, didn't spend or didn't sacrifice progression to be ready; then don't complain... you got what you wanted so now you don't get this, not yet.... allocate your resources (its kinda the whole focus of the game) and get him next time.
  • Sure, let me start farming from 3* Jolee-T3M4-Zaalbar-Mission and 4* Bastila in two weeks, oh wait... I still didn't finish farming my Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca for 7* because it drops 4-5 shards / 300 crystal refreshment and Rey starts tomorrow. Before I'm getting sued I started to farm Han and Chewie more than one and half months ago and still didn't finish... and on the other hand I must concentrate on my Sith arena team to keep them under rank 150 and gear my raid teams etc. etc... not gonna pay anything just sayin.
  • If you are F2P, you don't get Revan right away. It's pretty simple. And it's by design.

There is really no reason to complain about it. P2P characters are not new in this game. Aurodium packs, Chromium packs ... this is just another P2P gate.

And why not? Don't the big spenders deserve to buy exclusive characters if they want to?

Sure, you would like to play Revan for free right away. But you don't get to. It will be okay. Eventually you will get to play too.

I won't be getting Revan. I will survive.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Just get him the 2nd or 3rd time. Problem solved.
  • They don’t care about what we want or what is fair. They do whatever and it’s take it or leave it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Cossin wrote: »
    From the making of "the toon only 5% of players have a chance to buy":
    This outfit is acquired in game only if the player successfully completes the game as a light side Jedi - so it narratively fit our needs as well. It also conveniently has a hood that we decided to raise to add to the “cool factor” and to bring light side Revan more in line with how we’ve seen Revan later on as Darth Revan in Star Wars™: The Old Republic.

All I read is - with some word juggling - "No, Darth Revan later. We specifically included the mask and the Star Forge Robe instead of making his face hidden underneath a deep drawn hood of a similar outfit, hiding the face in its shadow, so we don't have to design the Darth Revan which at least 50% of the community was waiting for"

Now at a 3-0 for the LS.... How about renaming the game?
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Light Side Hero Journeys.

A perfect possibility to actually make players happy... both Light and Dark... in balance as all things should be...
    Nope, Devs at CG are Light Side lovers... will I ever get the cool content the Light Side has? I am not talking about strong characters, the Dark Side has them too. I am talking of a Villains Journey. An event specifically made for a character I love, which I have to earn with 5 7star characters?
    Have there been Disney restrictions that say only Hero Journeys, because the dark side cannot have their own heroes? (You know, it is all a matter of perspective. Theoretically, the Empire is just and the Rebels are a bunch of terrorists that fight against a lawful and voted regime)

Was hyped, now I was let down... massively. No Darth Revan Journey, not dark side love, just another Hero's Journey and this time with a twist: 99% of the players won't get him even if they did start farming right away. Even whales, whaling hard will have to spend even more...

Actually....THANK YOU EA/CG

I'm starting to think it is awesome! Why?
    Because I know, I will have at least 3 months notice before the actual release of the content, without any urge to spend a single $ at all. No packs, no crystals for refreshes, nothing! Thank you!
    I honestly think that snake bit its own tail ;-)

Protagonist/antagonist, hero/villain, light side/dark side

There kinda is that restriction. Star Wars is hardly the bible of subtle storytelling.
  • I am doing 24 attemp per day with zalbar since release, i am barely 5* , i will continue to spend 925 crystals per day until more info avaible, but i don't think even with packs i will be some where close enough to get it. So at least i can keep my pack money and spend it something fun. Thanks EA for thinking about my budget...