[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    No_Try wrote: »
    nmelcer wrote: »
    @Doomseyes are you bad at math? Its physically impossible to have 7* the required characters without spending money, even if you had crystals saved up since Bastila and Jolee were released. IMPOSSIBLE. So yes, people are going to complain that it is litterally them outting themselves as the greedy money grubbing company we always knew they were, but wanted to believe that they actually cared about their player base as much as making their dirty, predatory money.

Why? There's a f2p with 80k crystals banked previously in the thread and OR shards are in the store. There will be a handful of f2p people capable of doing it. Not that it changes anything.

Yeah, that was me... and no it's not impossible... I was at 30k crystals when Balista (Revan's flippin wife) was announced) cuz I try to always be prepared, spent 12k on Bosk to get Chewie and still had 84k until about an hour after the announcement...

You can stockpile up to 1000 crystals a day from dailies and arenas... I share a squad arena with 3 others and ship arena with 4 others... for months I made the effort to get my arena spot and didn't spend any of the crystals I farmed besides a 50 refresh every other day until Balista and Jolee hit the hard nodes... so not impossible, just takes discipline and effort.
  • So what I have gathered is once again its f2p's own fault because we didn't save up crystals for an entire calendar year to panic farm. I'm sorry I forgot that's the plan.
  • The difference between this and the previous HJ, is that there were maybe 1 or 2 toons that were panic farms: vets and OB, Luke maybe. Now, it's 5 panic farms, 3 in 13 days of F2P release and 2 of them are in cantina only.

I may well make it... with the packs, panic farming and maybe a weekly shipment, but I went big on these toons as soon as they landed. Jolee and Bastila have been done for some time. The other three though? That's just cruelty. A F2P guy in my shard, who prides himself in being competitive and loves this game is thinking of quitting. Not good.

Here's something to think about CG: if all the F2P players quit, you won't have a game anymore. You'll have ever dwindling numbers of P2P players competing, using the same toons and getting bored as more and more shards die.
  • More than disappointed, i farmed them all since they were released, spending 700 Crystals a day and look were I amgt3zao65avyt.png

I love that you doggedly recorded all this data. Kudos to you. Who is Heute?

Heute = Today in German :)
  • As others have said, event happens Oct 18th, if you don't want to pay(and/or feel its wrong) then dont pay for the packs and what not over the next week.

I wont pay to panic farm, the value seems bad, yes several whales will pay and because they do it funds the free game, simple as that.

Ill continue the daily grind for the OR toons and get Revan next time around if its a hero journey simple as that. I am happy ill be able to get JTR this week so next up is shards for OR to unlock Revan and gear to 7* chewie.

Question is for those complaing, should new toons be given 7* for free? If so whats the point everyone would have the toon and CG would have spent time/money creating a toon for nothing. How would the game make money and if the game doesnt how would it be kept going/add new content?
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    EA/CG

Ignore all the hate... Despite what all the whiners are saying, you have been really very consistent in how you roll out new toons. I'm exited (so please, give us Revan's kit NOW!) and a lot of us who are not complaining are very excited.

For everyone complaining, lets actually look at the facts:

1. Soon as we got 5 OR toons in Marquees, you should have known Revan was coming;
    2. 2 of the toons got slapped into hard nodes a month ago;
    3. The other three toons we got 2 weeks ago (so, 3 weeks before the event starts);
    4. CG offered energy packs 3 times recently to boost farming;
    5. CG added weekly shipments, where you can get 25 shards of each toon for 2000; and
    6. CG boosted the number of hard node attempts to 8, and reduced the refresh cost by 25

So, can you get to 7* in time without buying packs or using a ton of crystals? ... no, no you cannot... but you can/could get it done if you prepared ahead of time and went hard soon as you could...

Revan is more highly desired than any other character, even Jedi Luke... it would be lame to basically hand him out to everyone... especially people who pay a lot of money to play this game should get something exclusive (however temporary) to show off... its like in WoW... I rocked the AH for a year to stockpile a ton of gold to be the first on my server to buy Mimiron's Head from the BMAH... if everyone had one, then what was the point of all my effort?

In this case, its not working an AH, but rather spending a ton of $$$, or in other cases like mine, hoarding crystals and gear for months and months to be prepared for the next great thing (which, yeah, tends to come toward the end of the year (CLS, RJT and now Revan)

So, if you didn't adequately prepare, didn't spend or didn't sacrifice progression to be ready; then don't complain... you got what you wanted so now you don't get this, not yet.... allocate your resources (its kinda the whole focus of the game) and get him next time.

All this. Basically what I also said. I was hoarding for Jango and could have burned my 40k crystal stash on him when he was released. I waited nearly 3yrs for him. Then CG tossed in the 5 KOTOR Revan-related toons. Revan is more powerful than Jango, and even though I truly wanted Jango, I sacrificed that and waited for these toons to hit shipments for crystals. Then took them all to 6* with said crystals, then free farmed them. And bought those energy packs with crystals to boost farming. I'll be done with all 5 tomorrow or Friday.

Just because you (people angry) didn't prepare doesn't mean CG pulled a punk move on you.

So we had to save up 1 year of crystals or what do you mean?
    If the dislike button wasn’t removed you guys just got a high amount of them.

No. I've been saving since Bossk. Only spending the very few needed to get my 600 daily. I also get top 3 in both Arenas.

It's possible. Again, because YOU didn't want to save doesn't mean it's a horrible move.

Please, don’t tell people its their fault they didn’t “prepare”

• You guys don't get it. They WANT YOUR MONEY. Not your crystals, not your energy, your cash. This is the BEST way to make you actually contemplating the very idea of spending $1,000 on pixels. Keep in mind, none of this is tangible, just a game. They have an opportunity to make you part with REAL dollars for nothing in return. They don't have that same opportunity with any other character ever (except Darth Revan or maybe Jedi Luke). If they gave him away, they would all be fired. Spend or don't, you control your own money.
  • Its all about the Money Money... i can not make so many.............. Points for these words id like to say to you...... .. P2W welcome and good bye casual player.
  • JDIII wrote: »
    Don’t it say we will need them on October18th?

Event starts on 18th, but id think itll last say a week like CLS and JTR.
    Again this is the first run, I'd expect a second run in early 2019 so its all personal choice do you push/spend to get now or wait for the next time.
  • That's part of the problem, people thinking that "communication" is the devs telling us explicitly what we're going to need for future releases and when those releases are. If they did that, then no one would have to pay for crystals to buy shards for toons they don't have. They're never going to do that.
  • It would be ironic if the one character whose potential future release was sufficiently tantalizing to keep players engaged in the daily slog actually drove players out of the game because that release was executed in a clumsy and enraging fashion.
  • Well @CG_Carrie I know you have talked a lot about metrics and player engagement with content. I had been farming the Old Republic characters aggressively, recently. Multi refreshes, etc. I cannot make the deadline. So please watch my metrics for engagement, Old Republic, with the exception of Big Z, will not be farmed from now until after the event. I will go back to slowly farming the Qibaca team and solo characters, 3x50 for lightside/darkside energy, no node refreshes and no energy purchase for cantina or fleet battles.

I will attempt to be ready for next time. I just see no point in rushing or even spending half as many crystals as I had been. Especially as the Gear requirements could be higher then past Heroes Journeys to boot.

So enjoy the metrics CG. I am voting with my wallet and activity on this one.
  • IceHawk_181
    51 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Hanfirst wrote: »
    Question is for those complaing, should new toons be given 7* for free? If so whats the point everyone would have the toon and CG would have spent time/money creating a toon for nothing. How would the game make money and if the game doesnt how would it be kept going/add new content?
    There is no way for me to farm out a 7* -potentially G12 OR team in time for this release; even if I whaled out.
    If I had a hope of unlocking a 5* Jedi Revan by the end of this event, I would buy each one of the packs the moment they dropped so I could focus on grinding the G10 for the team.
    Instead, I am going back to the Solo faction for Lando's Falcon and the HAAT.

• Grimstoned wrote: »
    This is an unreasonable amount of time. They know this. Oh well... maybe it’s finally time to move on.

It is an unreasonable amount of time. So if your close push for if not don't stress business as usual. Get it next time .I want Revan too but I will not bite like I did with the vets
  • Seriously, whining ALREADY!! There will be anti-meta teams as always —> Let people waste 1000s $/£ on a virtual character....I’m in the camp that will look to find a FTP anti-meta build to wreck their world :) Then use the money I saved to go on holiday somewhere nice :)

I'm with you on this
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    When is the event, will there be any double drops, and how difficult will it be? Are we talking previous Heros Journey difficulty, or Chewbacca legendary difficulty?

@CG_SBCrumb and @CG_Erik can ya'll atleast answer this?
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    EA/CG

Ignore all the hate... Despite what all the whiners are saying, you have been really very consistent in how you roll out new toons. I'm exited (so please, give us Revan's kit NOW!) and a lot of us who are not complaining are very excited.

1. Soon as we got 5 OR toons in Marquees, you should have known Revan was coming;
    3. The other three toons we got 2 weeks ago (so, 3 weeks before the event starts);
    5. CG added weekly shipments, where you can get 25 shards of each toon for 2000; and
    6. CG boosted the number of hard node attempts to 8, and reduced the refresh cost by 25

So, can you get to 7* in time without buying packs or using a ton of crystals? ... no, no you cannot... but you can/could get it done if you prepared ahead of time and went hard soon as you could...

Revan is more highly desired than any other character, even Jedi Luke... it would be lame to basically hand him out to everyone... especially people who pay a lot of money to play this game should get something exclusive (however temporary) to show off... its like in WoW... I rocked the AH for a year to stockpile a ton of gold to be the first on my server to buy Mimiron's Head from the BMAH... if everyone had one, then what was the point of all my effort?

In this case, its not working an AH, but rather spending a ton of $$$, or in other cases like mine, hoarding crystals and gear for months and months to be prepared for the next great thing (which, yeah, tends to come toward the end of the year (CLS, RJT and now Revan)

So, if you didn't adequately prepare, didn't spend or didn't sacrifice progression to be ready; then don't complain... you got what you wanted so now you don't get this, not yet.... allocate your resources (its kinda the whole focus of the game) and get him next time.

All this. Basically what I also said. I was hoarding for Jango and could have burned my 40k crystal stash on him when he was released. I waited nearly 3yrs for him. Then CG tossed in the 5 KOTOR Revan-related toons. Revan is more powerful than Jango, and even though I truly wanted Jango, I sacrificed that and waited for these toons to hit shipments for crystals. Then took them all to 6* with said crystals, then free farmed them. And bought those energy packs with crystals to boost farming. I'll be done with all 5 tomorrow or Friday.

Just because you (people angry) didn't prepare doesn't mean CG pulled a punk move on you.

I understand what you're saying, but do you honestly feel like hoarding 40k crystals just to be prepared is reasonable?
    I'm not angry and if i'm being honest i am not really as prepared as i could have been, but regardless i would have never hoarded 40k crystals. That's just an unreasonable amount just to be prepared for just 1(!) character.
    This goes for you @Roken_Fett aswelll as @DoomeyEyes

So just because you are prepared (by some miracle i may add) doesn't mean CG didn't pull a punk on their playerbase.
    For the record, i personally don't consider it a punk move. I've no problem just accepting this even is not for me the first go around. it is however the first legendary/heroes journey i consider p2p only because imo the preparation needed to pull this off for f2p players is unreasonable. I got all the others the first go around except for bb8, but that was entirely my own fault.
  • DarthMandla
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Congratulation CG.
    I was so thrilled by the annoucment of Revan but this Event is the next "feet the whales" steps of the game.
    Sorry. I know someone has to pay the bills for your company but i think it is time to set a sign for the F2P-players. Would it be so hard to allow a 5-star access for the f2p players? With those timeframe and requirement it is just the next "who has the biggest wallet" char. Sooner or later this will be the end of the game because there will be a day when all whales have left the game.

I wont have a problem to pay 5$/month for the game. I wont pay those 100$ stuff. I think a lot of players would invest more money when package prizes and rewards would be way smaller but those policy will scare a lot of f2p players away - especially when all this stuff is linked with those iconic events/chars.
  • DarthJarX2 wrote: »
    Sorry, but this post is dumb. If he were attainable for F2P, then he wouldn't be special. If everyone has something, then it isn't rare. If you want a rare, F2P character, I'm pretty sure CUP or Lobot fits that bill. Also, if he breaks the meta, that helps the F2P that don't have Traya yet. Just sayin

How would this help F2P who don’t have Traya? I don’t see how it would help those who don’t have her one bit.

• Boov wrote: »
    EA/CG

I understand what you're saying, but do you honestly feel like hoarding 40k crystals just to be prepared is reasonable?
    I'm not angry and if i'm being honest i am not really as prepared as i could have been, but regardless i would have never hoarded 40k crystals. That's just an unreasonable amount just to be prepared for just 1(!) character.
    This goes for you @Roken_Fett aswelll as @DoomeyEyes

So just because you are prepared (by some miracle i may add) doesn't mean CG didn't pull a punk on their playerbase.
    For the record, i personally don't consider it a punk move. I've no problem just accepting this even is not for me the first go around. it is however the first legendary/heroes journey i consider p2p only because imo the preparation needed to pull this off for f2p players is unreasonable. I got all the others the first go around except for bb8, but that was entirely my own fault.

No, I don't think most people would hoard that much. But I was hoarding for another character that I wanted since launch. But I made a choice to keep hoarding to prepare for this. Once the KOTOR toons were announced EVERYONE should have known Revan was coming.

Yes, I was pretty mad that Jango was put on Marquee and then these toons were announced. I understand the anger. But I lost out on Jango when lots didn't. And there are gear 12 Chewbaccas running around, which I don't have either.

We all have choices to make, is all I'm saying.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • You've heard of traya killers, now prepare for 3 months of Revan killers
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    The sooner you accept you won’t unlock him the first time around, the happier you’ll be. Just keep grinding and get Revan in about 6 months without spending any money.

Or be mad, reluctantly spend some money and have Revan.

Take your pick.

Still need a kit reveal tho.
  • Since the earlier post I've heard a lot of hype about this purely being a cash grab. While that may be true, I can honestly say I am not surprised by Revan coming in only 8 short days. There is is no way a f2p player will get him (or any hero's journey toon) the first go around, nor should they expect too. I will say that I would have liked to see the required characters be farmable for a little longer, but I understand a character of this magnitude needs to bring in a lot of money for CG. All I can say is he better be Meta Changing. I'm talking the level of CLS, JTR, and Traya. If not I will be severely disappointed in this game. Look forward to seeing a kit reveal or game play footage!
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Thankfully I have not played KOTOR and so I don’t have to worry about revan for myself because I don’t care whether I get him or not.

You do realize jedi Revan will end the Traya era, so youll literally have nothing but revan teams in your top100? How on Earth would that not impact you?

I’m not in the top 100 lol.😜
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • @JDIII

What system though that would keep $$ coming in so future content keeps coming.
    The only way to get free would be ads and i hate in game ads/sponsors i much prefer this system where the whales pay to keep the game free and ad free.

Plus if Revan was easy to unlock everyone has him, this way it'll only be those that decide to farm/target him.
    Plus side i almost have my 6* Bastilla so can use her more and more, looking forward to 7* and see how she does in the HAAT with Gyoda.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Translation: I used free stuff the game gave me to get free stuff and I am unhappy I can't get more free stuff right away and have to wait for muh free stuff.....

I have spent a lot of money in this game. But it’s not a bottomless pit. We thought they might use these characters for revan. Hoped they wouldn’t. But this early? You are either, far richer than I and have splashed out on the characters already or don’t care about the competitive side of the game like TW and arena. Each to their own but that’s not how I want to play the game.