[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• It would be ironic if the one character whose potential future release was sufficiently tantalizing to keep players engaged in the daily slog actually drove players out of the game because that release was executed in a clumsy and enraging fashion.

Yeah this. I’m not gonna quit over this but they certainly won’t get my money. The price for reward is embarrassingly low. I get the point that they are trying to make money but how did that strategy work for EA with battlefront 2? There’s good business and then there’s greed. This is the latter.
  • Boov wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    EA/CG

Ignore all the hate... Despite what all the whiners are saying, you have been really very consistent in how you roll out new toons. I'm exited (so please, give us Revan's kit NOW!) and a lot of us who are not complaining are very excited.

For everyone complaining, lets actually look at the facts:

1. Soon as we got 5 OR toons in Marquees, you should have known Revan was coming;
    2. 2 of the toons got slapped into hard nodes a month ago;
    3. The other three toons we got 2 weeks ago (so, 3 weeks before the event starts);
    4. CG offered energy packs 3 times recently to boost farming;
    5. CG added weekly shipments, where you can get 25 shards of each toon for 2000; and
    6. CG boosted the number of hard node attempts to 8, and reduced the refresh cost by 25

So, can you get to 7* in time without buying packs or using a ton of crystals? ... no, no you cannot... but you can/could get it done if you prepared ahead of time and went hard soon as you could...

Revan is more highly desired than any other character, even Jedi Luke... it would be lame to basically hand him out to everyone... especially people who pay a lot of money to play this game should get something exclusive (however temporary) to show off... its like in WoW... I rocked the AH for a year to stockpile a ton of gold to be the first on my server to buy Mimiron's Head from the BMAH... if everyone had one, then what was the point of all my effort?

In this case, its not working an AH, but rather spending a ton of $$$, or in other cases like mine, hoarding crystals and gear for months and months to be prepared for the next great thing (which, yeah, tends to come toward the end of the year (CLS, RJT and now Revan)

So, if you didn't adequately prepare, didn't spend or didn't sacrifice progression to be ready; then don't complain... you got what you wanted so now you don't get this, not yet.... allocate your resources (its kinda the whole focus of the game) and get him next time.

All this. Basically what I also said. I was hoarding for Jango and could have burned my 40k crystal stash on him when he was released. I waited nearly 3yrs for him. Then CG tossed in the 5 KOTOR Revan-related toons. Revan is more powerful than Jango, and even though I truly wanted Jango, I sacrificed that and waited for these toons to hit shipments for crystals. Then took them all to 6* with said crystals, then free farmed them. And bought those energy packs with crystals to boost farming. I'll be done with all 5 tomorrow or Friday.

Just because you (people angry) didn't prepare doesn't mean CG pulled a punk move on you.

I understand what you're saying, but do you honestly feel like hoarding 40k crystals just to be prepared is reasonable?
    I'm not angry and if i'm being honest i am not really as prepared as i could have been, but regardless i would have never hoarded 40k crystals. That's just an unreasonable amount just to be prepared for just 1(!) character.
    This goes for you @Roken_Fett aswelll as @DoomeyEyes

So just because you are prepared (by some miracle i may add) doesn't mean CG didn't pull a punk on their playerbase.
    For the record, i personally don't consider it a punk move. I've no problem just accepting this even is not for me the first go around. it is however the first legendary/heroes journey i consider p2p only because imo the preparation needed to pull this off for f2p players is unreasonable. I got all the others the first go around except for bb8, but that was entirely my own fault.

Maybe he's got no reason to spent it.
    Just like me have over 120m credits sometimes, or saving gears over 4 months..
  • Mello257 wrote: »
    The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.

As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.
    Mello257 wrote: »
    The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different heroes.

As for cost, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to milestone rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player credit earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.

The point we are making is that this character is not attainable by gameplay.

Furthermore no one had any indication that he would require 7* to unlock.

I finish top 10 in arena every day, sometimes 1 or 2. I bought all the marquee packs and I have been spending pretty much all my crystals on the KOTOR characters and I will not be able to get Revan despite all this effort.

I understand making things challenging but this has gone way too far. This is not challenging, it’s impossible. I have spent $50 and a heck of a lot of time and effort and this 7* requirement feels like a big “screw you” because you didn’t give us more money.

This isn’t about a sense of pride or accomplishment. There is no sense of pride or accomplishment when a rich player gets a character no one else can get just because they have money.

Please think about how much this will alienate the vast majority of your player base.
  • besides how annoying bad this move is on your part CG, (you cant farm them all up to 7* that fast) why the _____ are we getting a 3rd heros journey and none for villans, why cant the darkside get some balance with release types that are big like this
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Still waiting for the other shoe to drop, what gear level will be required?
  • it wasnt different with rey and vets
    no idea why people complain about revan
    if you engaged on saving crystals just for kotor toons from the moment they were release you will make it in time
    if not then get him the 2. time around like everyone else that doesnt hit nr1 in one of the arenas or doesnt spend any money
    if you only get like 150 crystals a day there is not much to save of course
    but that doesnt mean you should get revan with zero effort the first time around
  • Monel wrote: »

13. :D>:)
  • A better drop rate would be helpful. I did all 16 attempts and got one Bastila shard today. One yesterday. No Mission yet today. Completely drains all fun.
  • Monel wrote: »

13. :D>:)

Lol
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • I wasn't comparing SWGOH to the slaughter of millions. I was merely using the best known example of "I was just doing my job" to illustrate the point that that's not considered an acceptable excuse for engaging in unethical or immoral behavior. Let's be honest, freemium games are very unethical. There would be no way I could work on one and then look at myself in the mirror the next day.

Unethical, if F2P, you need a revenue stream for a game no ethical issue there.

Unethical IMO is a game you pay $80 for and has day 1 pay unlocks, makes me miss the old school console days(playstation and prior) where you actually got 100% of the game when you paid for it.

Swgoh has no paywall, only time delay for f2p which is far better then so many other games these days.

Plus lets honest if there was no revenue streams there wouldnt be jobs, wouldnt be a game.
  • The worst thing we can do is spend any actual money on this. This is simply a ploy to boost 4th quarter profits. They have been teasing us with this for a long time in an attempt to dangle the meat in front of a starving dog to get us to roll over and beg. The only way we can get them to stop is to bite them on the hand.
  • Jedizombie
    19 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    it wasnt different with rey and vets
    no idea why people complain about revan
    if you engaged on saving crystals just for kotor toons from the moment they were release you will make it in time
    if not then get him the 2. time around like everyone else that doesnt hit nr1 in one of the arenas or doesnt spend any money
    if you only get like 150 crystals a day there is not much to save of course
    but that doesnt mean you should get revan with zero effort the first time around

This is actually a bit different than Rey. Farming 2 toons to 7* was a lot more doable than 5 toons. If the requirements were just 2 new toons then I’m sure that people would not be reacting like this. I missed Rey bc I choose not to farm vets right away. I’ve farmed old republic since they were available and it’s not going to be possible.
  • Please put some of these garbage KOTOR characters in the GW/Squad Arena shops. It sucks that we have to farm the cantina all the time, and we have so much other currency that we can't spend on anything.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Hanfirst wrote: »
    I wasn't comparing SWGOH to the slaughter of millions. I was merely using the best known example of "I was just doing my job" to illustrate the point that that's not considered an acceptable excuse for engaging in unethical or immoral behavior. Let's be honest, freemium games are very unethical. There would be no way I could work on one and then look at myself in the mirror the next day.

Unethical, if F2P, you need a revenue stream for a game no ethical issue there.

Unethical IMO is a game you pay $80 for and has day 1 pay unlocks, makes me miss the old school console days(playstation and prior) where you actually got 100% of the game when you paid for it.

Swgoh has no paywall, only time delay for f2p which is far better then so many other games these days.

Plus lets honest if there was no revenue streams there wouldnt be jobs, wouldnt be a game.

I agree with everything you said. I will add though that in order to keep the 99% happy you have to make things appear to be obtainable. Its why BMW leases their low end cars for $300/month. You get a BMW, but not one with great features.

The 99%ers want to feel like they have opportunities, it a why capitalism works. If they dont feel they have opportunities things backfire. I am all for the paywall, but there needs to be a chance for the F2P. Quite frankly there was 0 chance for F2P this time around, even if you farmed from day1.

• I love this. A few months ago we all were moaning about marquee toons and now that CG shakes things up we moan again. Oh and just a reminder to all. The revan event isn't a one time deal. It will be back in about 3 or 4 months.
  • I love this. A few months ago we all were moaning about marquee toons and now that CG shakes things up we moan again. Oh and just a reminder to all. The revan event isn't a one time deal. It will be back in about 3 or 4 months.
    This event includes five marquee toons...

• ThePegasus1979
    19 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Just let us all calm down and see what really will happen in the Arena. I am in one of the sure must ugly hyper-whales shard, with around 90 ppl having had Sion and Bastilla on 7* on the day those chars were first introduced. With a hell lot of Treyas just a few weeks after Sithraid was introduced. Still up until today my f2p JTR team easily holds a solid place 20th-40th in the arena. Don’t misunderstand me, I don’t blame whales, although I am sure with my nice five digit net income per month, without any loan/lending/debts to pay off, I could easily outwhale them, but at least in my shard those ppl don’t even understand the basics of game mechanics like modding and are getting **** daily by pure F2P players. Hope at least someday I will at least get hit once by a Treaya/Sion etc team, before annihilating those plebs ;-) Same will happen to ppl who whale Raven. ^-^
  • DarthJarX2 wrote: »
    Sorry, but this post is dumb. If he were attainable for F2P, then he wouldn't be special. If everyone has something, then it isn't rare. If you want a rare, F2P character, I'm pretty sure CUP or Lobot fits that bill. Also, if he breaks the meta, that helps the F2P that don't have Traya yet. Just sayin

I disagree. Chewbacca was doable for F2P who farmed diligently (I never spent a cent, and I got my 7* Chewbacca), but he's also pretty rare and special—only 4 of us in my 125 mil guild got him to 7*.

What gets me about this event was that there was never any possibility for a F2P to have farmed fast enough to get Revan. Farming toons aggressively since they became farmable was enough for JTR, and it was enough to get 7* Bossk ready for Chewbacca. But no matter how hard you went on kotor toons, it's not possible. That's what bugs me.
  • Why is everyone talking about what characters are needed? The post says it lol
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I gotta say. After polling a chunk of the community I was pretty surprised by the overwhelming response. Thoughts?

695y4f0tabi9.jpeg
  • So...you release a character that many have asked for forever, but make it more unlikely than any prior character that he can be acquired upon release...and the expectation is that's a good idea?....
  • A Revan that doesn't require HK-47 to get isn't a Revan worth having.
  • Meh. I do not care for non canon characters. When they will release the rest of canon characters like Padme?
  • Makes me bitter and definitely does not incentivise me to spend, quite the opposite despite Revan being my favorite SW character
  • I never understand why people go hating on CG. It is a business that needs income to continue to be solvent. This model of releasing toons that will cost real $ to obtain the first go around works for everyone. Whales get to run a toon for a bit exclusively, CG makes enough money to develop more content, and FTP players will get the toon soon enough. Any person that wants to get this toon bad enough now will pay up to get it done. CG could easily make this like other MMO's and create toons that are only accessible by unlocking by purchasing with actual real money. You remember what it was like when you had to purchase your games for actual real money and not play for over 2 years for free? Without funds this whole thing collapses.

Honestly grow up people. Every toon released has eventually been made FTP.
  • They forgot to add the the event will probably also require G11 or Higher gear along with good mods.

Panic farming 2 or even 3 toons is doable...panic farming all 5 is gonna be a lot tougher since 0 are in shipments and because the Chewy event used up a week of farming due to focusing on Bossk.

But whatever....I’ve never missed out on a new toon release and I don’t plan to start missing out now. I’ll just farm my rear end off and eventually be forced to spend $$$$ if I want to finish the 7* farm cause $$$$ is what this ultimately comes down to.

Sure I could say to heck with it and get him next time...lotta good that would do since from past history when the toon comes the 2nd time around the meta is normally already starting to change.

My beef is that not even a single bone is giving to the players by putting at least one toon in one of the various shipments to help the players that have supported this game for almost 3 years now out.

We get it money keeps this game running....but if I can be honest.....this is making EA/CG look mighty desperate for money.

I’ll spend some money if that’s what y’all want but not everybody can do that. Sadly it’s gonna take more than $50 dollars to 7* a squad of 5 Old Republic toons and gear them up.

Whoever made this decision is making it easier for people to walk away from this game. And if people choose to leave the game....well frankly y’all deserve it.
  • Thank for posting your poll results. Reality is who cares? Seriously, it’s a phone app game. If anyone thought Revan was not gonna require 7* characters, well sorry you missed the trend.

I have had CLS since second release. I am now getting Rey in 9 hours. I will eventually get Revan. It’s not an immediate pressing issue for me. Pressing my score in STR is more important and Rey will help tremendously.
  • CG - Master of the D!ck M@ve. For shame guys, this is really disappointing. Day 1 player here, and now you've officially shoved me from t20 in arena to t50-100 (if I'm lucky) between Chewy and now this crap. Thanks a lot, I'm going to play Marvel Strike Force now.....

I was there, came back, because -yes, I am honestly saying that - MSF Devs treat you even more badly than EA/CG, do not communicate at all and their price policy is even more outrageous!
    With the current development, it is apparently choosing between woe and misery. Choose your poison ^^