Google+ No More

I want to know what EA is going to do since Google is getting rid of Google+. Google announced on Monday that it will sunset the consumer version of its social network Google+ by the end of August 2019 after a vulnerability exposed the personal data of up to 500,000 users between 2015 and March 2018. The EA account is joined with Google+ are they preparing for it? I deleted my Google+ account and when I signed back into SWGOH it made me create a new Google+. Any answers?

Replies

• Tifer
    130 posts Member
    Isn't your Google+ account just a Google account? Goggles not going anywhere (yet)...
  • Zmobie
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Your Google Play account is currently tied to the Google+ account. Don't think that this is an EA/CG issue specifically though, Google needs to decouple them (and should have from the start but they tried every dirty trick they could to force people on their garbage social network).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zmobie wrote: »
    Your Google Play account is currently tied to the Google+ account. Don't think that this is an EA/CG issue specifically though, Google needs to decouple them (and should have from the start but they tried every dirty trick they could to force people on their garbage social network).

This, it's not really a game issue, and getting rid of Google +, doesnt mean that Google play is going away.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Google PLAY is used for game login, it's uneffected. To be honest a company the size of EA should have it's own system, they could just swith over to Origin.
  • Google+ is just a social network like facebook, but a huge failure... so I can see why it's being shut down.
  • Owners of devices may have restrictions on the device about where they are aloud to download apps from. For instance if you work at a large software corp and want to use your work email from your phone. That's the situation I am in, if the app was on a third party site such as Origin I would not be able to download it as my security certificates only allow me to download apps from a trusted source and the only trusted source on android is the google play store.
  • Nooooo .... I had it linked to my Geocities account!
  • Nooooo .... I had it linked to my Geocities account!

Whoa, GC is still around? I remember them. Late 90's when we were all learning html.. the good old days
  • Same problem here game doesn't open deleted Google plus can't reopen a Google plus account