[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Looks like a lot more people are upset than pleased, was it worth it?
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    it wasnt different with rey and vets
    no idea why people complain about revan

Wrong, plain wrong. I started farming for Jedi Training Rey mid Summer, merely on speculation. We had CLS' Hero Journey. I and others predicted that it will be following the same pattern. (wasn't that hard a guess, though)
    That means I had MONTHS, even though purely on speculation, to actually level those toons, I merely GUESSED they would be needed. That speculation has been rewarded in me getting JTR the first time around...

In this event, it was VERY OBVIOUS that Revan is coming and we'll need Old Republic toons to get him. Based on previous Hero's Journeys it was NOT PREDICTABLE that he'll come as Hero's Journey right away AND so soon (No Character that evolves into Jediknight Revan). We have in fact NO CHANCE at all to unlock him as f2p, nor even dolphin. Not even if we speculated and started farming right away, when they dropped on nodes.

Then we have their own statement:
    we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

This is not a challenge, it is not rewarding and -in the first go- is not attainable whatsoever. I started farming right away with 75 crystals in refreshes. I "only" end up in the 100 bracket of both arenas, I finished Bastila, everyone else is at 5* max. It is NOT possible in such short notice. People rambling about saving 40k crystals for "their character to come" are just pretentious. They did the same speculation, just took the save route of investing in crystals rather than toons which has a worse exchange-rate but give them the opportunity to "buy" any toon.
    Where is the challenge when I can simply -and in this case solely- buy it?

It is a challenge if you speculate and hit the right reqs beforehand and it is rewarding, as I can tell as a first go JTR owner. This, this is the most open money grab they've done and therefore have done it for me forever.
    That's my personal choice. I was occassionally "spending" gift cards I got. Never again, I do not support such shady business schemes...

A quote from a famous movie:
    They're just **** on us without even giving us the courtesy of calling it rain.
    -Grace, Avatar 2009

Make of that quote what you want, but that's my feeling. I feel betrayed. I honestly started to trust them again to be on the right track. Although many people complained about BH and the Chewie event I thought it was okay. Again with prediction, I started to level my BH (with many that have been around for a while) and have been rewarded with a 5* Chewie. Powerlevel of that Event? Perfectly fine, as our toons have a power creep the events must have one, too.
    But this? Nope... that just plain wrong in my books (emphasize added: MY BOOKS)

• This was the last thing I needed to quit the game. What a horrible money grab, bad decision. Anyone want to buy an account 3.7Mil GP.

3.7 Mil? Depends on how much $$ you want for it. As long as it isn't as much as EA is taking from us... ;)
  • Boov wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »
    18 Pages and no developer response. I wonder if this will surpass the Sith Raid topic for number of pages before hearing something official.

They let the hate flow for a bit. And knew the hate would flow as well lol

to be fair, the hate would have flowed even if the event took place a month or 2 from now ;)

Very true lol
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    qfwm2001 wrote: »
    I never understand why people go hating on CG. It is a business that needs income to continue to be solvent. This model of releasing toons that will cost real $ to obtain the first go around works for everyone. Whales get to run a toon for a bit exclusively, CG makes enough money to develop more content, and FTP players will get the toon soon enough. Any person that wants to get this toon bad enough now will pay up to get it done. CG could easily make this like other MMO's and create toons that are only accessible by unlocking by purchasing with actual real money. You remember what it was like when you had to purchase your games for actual real money and not play for over 2 years for free? Without funds this whole thing collapses.

Honestly grow up people. Every toon released has eventually been made FTP.

What about the people inbetween who could justify 1-2 toons but not 3-5?

There's a difference between funding a game and being lazy and greedy.

Those people will wait or pay what is needed
  • The only way the fire is contained is if they announced the event will happen in December and that they’re adding KOTOR toons to some stores. Oh and double drops. Lol. [/quote]

I think if they offered the event on a very regular and very frequent basis, say every two months, the mob will embrace it, but the problem is, CG will withhold this until later, after they've converted as much money as they can on the inaugural release.

If Revan is at least semi-unlockable at 4s level characters, I think that will go a long way to making everyone feel OK about this, but that's not how CLS and JTR played out, which is why I've been staring at a half-baked JTR for several months now >:( She's finally coming home tomorrow.
  • I'm your target market for stuff like this, but announcing it with 8 days notice, no double drops, very poor packs (some of us already have characters like Bastilla farmed up, why would I buy a pack that might give me shards for her?) is a way to turn me off big time. You guys can still make this right, you can turn on double drops for the next week, you can give out free shards for the harder to farm characters. If you don't do that, people like me who normally would be willing to spend a little won't be willing this time around.

At the very least, you need a kit reveal ASAP, people should know what they are considering dropping hundreds of dollars on.
  • Psychosaur wrote: »
    A light side Revan? Noooooooooooo! What is this ridiculous garment on him? He’s preparing for a wedding or what? THIS IS REVAN:
    5isrozz5g507.jpeg

Don't worry, he's the NEXT Panic Event! You only have to have 7s Traya for him :persevere:
  • An Xbox One - $200

Kotor - $10

Kotor 2 - $10

Credit goes to CanadianNirrti on Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/9n2xjr/thinking_of_buying_revan_heres_what_you_can_buy/
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • FilthyJawa wrote: »
    The only way the fire is contained is if they announced the event will happen in December and that they’re adding KOTOR toons to some stores. Oh and double drops. Lol.

I think if they offered the event on a very regular and very frequent basis, say every two months, the mob will embrace it, but the problem is, CG will withhold this until later, after they've converted as much money as they can on the inaugural release.

If Revan is at least semi-unlockable at 4s level characters, I think that will go a long way to making everyone feel OK about this, but that's not how CLS and JTR played out, which is why I've been staring at a half-baked JTR for several months now >:( She's finally coming home tomorrow.
    [/quote]

Will never happen. Don’t mean to kitten in your cereal. But I do expect some type of bonus shards or something.
  • First time I've smiled since reading the announcement post, so I figured I'd share.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • DaGhost141 wrote: »
    For those that want to see the Kit, please see image below.. 😝
    04a3dnr4e4bz.png

Oh, now that would be the ultimate punch in the ****!!
  • Daaaaaayum
    Cls = all toons farmable for a long time veforebthe event

JTR =Two toons were only farmable just before

Revan= all toons are just farmable just before the event

Oh well
  • So is this a legendary or journey? Can i get a 5 star and a 6 star or is it 7 star only?
  • HK22 wrote: »
    18 Pages and no developer response. I wonder if this will surpass the Sith Raid topic for number of pages before hearing something official.

They let the hate flow for a bit. And knew the hate would flow as well lol

That's why that posted this today and not on friday. More time for the torches and pitchforkes to be laid to rest again ;-)
    Honestly, if you want to change something just don't care anymore.
    I'm not saying boycot them or anything, but one of the previous posters has it right:
    They work on their data. How can you provide data? Playing the game, spending money, do surveys when asked to. <- starve off data = more uncertain upon releases and things, more careful.

People have been writing for MONTHS how much they want Revan and how they would be willing to pay pretty much any price for this particular toon.
    Well, here he is and you have to pay. It is basically what I have been reading INNUMERAL times here and on reddit.

They know there are hardcore fans that are more inclined to buy into that particular character and they did an estimate. They know how many people are likely to get Revan, they decided this is good, by their maths.
    As I have said before in another thread, math is all good but the human mind is not as rational as their maths. Once emotions are involved, people get naturally and justly irrational about things.

• Comment below if you were able to farm the KOTOR toons to 7* in order to get Revan.

***crickets***

And there’s my point.

Sorry devs. I normally defend you, but this is the most obvious paywall ever in this game (a game I love by the way and have spent plenty of money on.) And it’s not just that you have to spend money to get Revan. This is WHALE money. You have catered to the elite and only the elite with this release.

Enjoy your brief bump in income.
  • Yea these types of things aren't surprising anymore. There's no indication that this behavior is going to change, and that is why I haven't spent a dime on this game in over a year. Those in charge of release dates and schedules are greedy sh*tholes and likely always will be. Keep in mind that not all of the developers have power over these release cadences. They likely have team of game developers and software experts, and a business team in charge of economic decisions who don't read these forums and don't care.

For those saying this is okay because they need money to create content...get real. There is a difference between earning enough to pay the employees/overhead/have a little left over and using tactics to try and generate as much as possible regardless of implications. This is no different than any other business out there, they only care about the $$$. They have to. They are required by law to act in the fiduciary interest of their share holders (newmark vs ebay, 2010). Complain all ya want, you aren't going to see change.

To whoever makes these decisions, ur a loser dude. Peace
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited October 2018
    I’m free to play and I might be able to get it

So your point is moot
  • 8 days to farm Old Republic seems crazy to get them 7☆
    Thanks for making F2P IMPOSSIBLE, strictly P2P insanity....pffft!
  • So is everyone's marquee fatigue cleared up now? We've had marquee releases for so long that many seem to have forgotten the panic farms that non-marquee events always have.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Ultra wrote: »

So your point is moot

Good for you *clap clap clap*
  • CurryBeans
    19 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Utter lie Ultra
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I am F2P and I will get him the next time he comes around. NBD.
  • Ultra wrote: »

So your point is moot

No his point is very pertinent in my opinion.
    However I am not sure that this paywall is a bad thing tbh. The devs needs to make some money and this is fair enough.
  • Yeah this is the last drop for me. First character I won't get the first time. Bye bye swgoh
  • I’m an officer in a 170m+ guild and we will unlock exactly 0 Revans. Is that ridiculous?
  • I ll have Revan at 7* maybe one year after the 1st event. Just like JTR that i ll get tomorrow one year after everyone
  • t3ohi4x74wge.png
    I currently have no chance of this time around and might just get him next
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    With this monthly new "Legendary" cadence I kind of agree. They made people whale out on BH and panic spend crystals, gear, etc. And then they release this a month later. Awesome.

Who panic farmed for chewie?