[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• EA & CG are for profit organizations. We'll get Revan next time, no worries B)
  • Did not read through all the posts here but i did some math to see just how unattainable CG/EA made this for a pure F2P player.

I did this calculating all the days from when the toons could be farmed until the final day of the event (assuming it runs for a week).
    For jolee and bastila you would need to get roughly 6.5 shards a day. So you would have to do their hard battle and both of their fleet battles every day. So you would need to buy 1 fleet refresh a day.
    For T3, Mission, and Zaalbar you would need 9.82 shards a day. So easily 2 cantina refreshes a day and an additional fleet refresh everyday.
    So since T3 and the rest were released you would have to spend at least 400 crystals a day on refreshes and still pray to RNGesus for this to even be remotely attainable for a F2P player.

I have been eagerly awaiting Revan as much as anyone, but this is the biggest **** for a legendary/hero journey toon ive ever seen. For anyone F2P to get this they would have to allocate almost all their daily energy and crystals to farming these characters while working on absolutely nothing else. Im all for surprising us with a new legendary character like Thrawn, CLS, and RJT were. But in all those cases the characters needed were farmable for months before the event came out. T3, Mission, and Zaalbar have only been farmable for roughly 2 weeks now.

I won't be quitting the game by any means, but this is another step to me losing all hope in the developers. I understand that the people who do spend money on this game are what pays your guys paychecks. But when us F2P people have almost 0 chance at stuff like this its extremely demoralizing. And im sure that you will lose even more players specifically related to the release of Revan.

Hope youre listening CG this is my first post on the forums and probably my last.
  • I honestly probably could have if I focused all my energy, effort and crystals on the KOTOR toons when they were released. Instead Ive nearly saved 20K crystals to get Jango to 7*when he's farmable. Happy with my choice
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Only two that I've gotten the 1st time they released is R2 and CLS. Not a big deal. Reban is a scrub anyhow.
  • They probably moved Revan up on their schedule because you all were complaining about there being too many Marquees.
  • Disappointed in CG
  • OldBoy
    33 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Expect to see Revan in the next LSTB for more salt in the wound
  • DPDJacob wrote: »
    Did not read through all the posts here but i did some math to see just how unattainable CG/EA made this for a pure F2P player.

I did this calculating all the days from when the toons could be farmed until the final day of the event (assuming it runs for a week).
    For jolee and bastila you would need to get roughly 6.5 shards a day. So you would have to do their hard battle and both of their fleet battles every day. So you would need to buy 1 fleet refresh a day.
    For T3, Mission, and Zaalbar you would need 9.82 shards a day. So easily 2 cantina refreshes a day and an additional fleet refresh everyday.
    So since T3 and the rest were released you would have to spend at least 400 crystals a day on refreshes and still pray to RNGesus for this to even be remotely attainable for a F2P player.

I have been eagerly awaiting Revan as much as anyone, but this is the biggest **** for a legendary/hero journey toon ive ever seen. For anyone F2P to get this they would have to allocate almost all their daily energy and crystals to farming these characters while working on absolutely nothing else. Im all for surprising us with a new legendary character like Thrawn, CLS, and RJT were. But in all those cases the characters needed were farmable for months before the event came out. T3, Mission, and Zaalbar have only been farmable for roughly 2 weeks now.

I won't be quitting the game by any means, but this is another step to me losing all hope in the developers. I understand that the people who do spend money on this game are what pays your guys paychecks. But when us F2P people have almost 0 chance at stuff like this its extremely demoralizing. And im sure that you will lose even more players specifically related to the release of Revan.

Hope youre listening CG this is my first post on the forums and probably my last.

I’m as mad about the short notice as the next guy but all these posts complaining how ftp won’t be able to get him the first time around just comes across as whiny children crying that they can’t get what they want now.

Newsflash - CG doesn’t care about ftp players. Why would they? You are literally not providing anything of value to the company. Why would they make a toon like Revan easily available to everyone in the game? Doesn’t make business sense.

However, CG did make it nearly impossible and that’ll cost them from players like me.
  • Rojas wrote: »
    EA & CG are for profit organizations. We'll get Revan next time, no worries B)

Yes they certainly are. Im an omnivore and people get upset that I enjoy veal and would happily eat dolphin (stupid not fish). Its not that the goal is to make money, it's that its done in a pretty under handed way. But then again Ill hold the Revan fanboys responsible for their constant "ill pay anythings". But EA and CG could certainly pretend to be more consumer friendly instead or perpetuating the stereotype of them being money grubbing shills.
  • Right then,
    Lets finally make some use of this account!
    I can call the developers every name in the book but at the end of the day, they honestly don't care.
    Only a few months ago, a promise was made for being more transparent and to improve communication skills after a certain someone decided to forget what customer service meant......wait.....my apologies, someone forgot to pretend as if customer service meant something to them.
    Well time to go F2P or maybe quit the game. All it took was buying the packs and then realizing that I am still not going to make even with double drops.
    Good work devs.
  • Can we have Jedi Luke now ?
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    EA/CG

Ignore all the hate... Despite what all the whiners are saying, you have been really very consistent in how you roll out new toons. I'm exited (so please, give us Revan's kit NOW!) and a lot of us who are not complaining are very excited.

For everyone complaining, lets actually look at the facts:

1. Soon as we got 5 OR toons in Marquees, you should have known Revan was coming;
    2. 2 of the toons got slapped into hard nodes a month ago;
    3. The other three toons we got 2 weeks ago (so, 3 weeks before the event starts);
    4. CG offered energy packs 3 times recently to boost farming;
    5. CG added weekly shipments, where you can get 25 shards of each toon for 2000; and
    6. CG boosted the number of hard node attempts to 8, and reduced the refresh cost by 25

So, can you get to 7* in time without buying packs or using a ton of crystals? ... no, no you cannot... but you can/could get it done if you prepared ahead of time and went hard soon as you could...

Revan is more highly desired than any other character, even Jedi Luke... it would be lame to basically hand him out to everyone... especially people who pay a lot of money to play this game should get something exclusive (however temporary) to show off... its like in WoW... I rocked the AH for a year to stockpile a ton of gold to be the first on my server to buy Mimiron's Head from the BMAH... if everyone had one, then what was the point of all my effort?

In this case, its not working an AH, but rather spending a ton of $$$, or in other cases like mine, hoarding crystals and gear for months and months to be prepared for the next great thing (which, yeah, tends to come toward the end of the year (CLS, RJT and now Revan)

So, if you didn't adequately prepare, didn't spend or didn't sacrifice progression to be ready; then don't complain... you got what you wanted so now you don't get this, not yet.... allocate your resources (its kinda the whole focus of the game) and get him next time.

I stopped reading after you said everyone that’s upset that this is a purely cash toon is a whiner. This doesn’t follow the release like the last hero’s journey. People had chances aplenty for FAIR farming. Sorry, I don’t think having to spend $300 for a chance to get Revan is acceptable.
  • So what? You'll get him next time... What's the big deal?
    Why can't everyone just relax a bit and enjoy the game :)
  • Hopefully this event will also require the KOTOR toons to also be g12 to complete. I'm tired of the f2p entitlement and enjoy watching the forum fires.
  • Your post was fine until you told people not to panic farm. They can do what they feel is spot on and the clues are pretty obvious.

On the other hand, I agree that people shouldn't complain about "hey, don't bring revan, the toons are on hard nodes and I won't make it" or "please add them to the stores, every new character is super p2p and I want him now". What I mean is, we don't know the requirements and dates yet
    Your post was fine until you told people not to panic farm. They can do what they feel is spot on and the clues are pretty obvious.

On the other hand, I agree that people shouldn't complain about "hey, don't bring revan, the toons are on hard nodes and I won't make it" or "please add them to the stores, every new character is super p2p and I want him now". What I mean is, we don't know the requirements and dates yet

It says the 18th October and all 5 at 7stars
  • Germi wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I’m free to play and I might be able to get it

So your point is moot

No his point is very pertinent in my opinion.
    However I am not sure that this paywall is a bad thing tbh. The devs needs to make some money and this is fair enough.

Lol they make plenty without this exploitative behavior. Not a justification. That's like saying cigarette and alcohol companies exploiting human addiction is "fair enough" because they "need to make some money". Regardless of this stupid toon and this dumb game, exploiting human nature for profit is never a fair or moral thing. Period.
  • The shame is that I just bought both these from Xbox live about 3 hours ago for my 360... But Kotor2 won't properly download lol.
  • Daaaaaayum
    Cls = all toons farmable for a long time veforebthe event

JTR =Two toons were only farmable just before

Revan= all toons are just farmable just before the event

Oh well

Point exactly.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Its funny cause all this event has done is remind me how terrible they designed the other Kotor Characters, bast is the only one designed well. T3 is terrible, like actually terrible- no effort at all went into T3's kit and ability names, Mission and Zaalbar are basically unnoticeable and Jolee is just another healer in a sea of Jedi healers.
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    This is not a classic heroes journey where you need a legendary toon to get it. R2 for CLS and BB8 for JTR. Only 5 specific toon to get it. I choose slow farming for its return. Actually Not it will not change the meta since a small amount of whale will get it at first
  • DPDJacob wrote: »
    Did not read through all the posts here but i did some math to see just how unattainable CG/EA made this for a pure F2P player.

Newsflash - CG doesn’t care about ftp players. Why would they? You are literally not providing anything of value to the company. Why would they make a toon like Revan easily available to everyone in the game? Doesn’t make business sense.

Newsflash - CG MUST care about their F2P people. No F2P people no full servers, no full servers it gets boring as you cannot show of or compete always against the same people.
    Seen lots of games die like that. F2P is still the backbone of this game, even if they do not spend. No F2P Players, no Whales, no income...
  • Did you people ever think your just selfish and need everything now. Why can't you wait till next go. It's not that bad but you all act like they killed your mom or something
  • vsb9dtm1pxlm.jpg
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • I know business is business. Honestly I look at it like this, KOTOR has been in the background for years. This could be an interesting turn. More KOTOR characters? A KOTOR raid? Revan alone will bring in income because it's unique following. This in turn could get EA's and Disney's attention. KOTOR III? A KOTOR Disney show much like Rebels? Regardless of how this was presented, I hope for a positive response and we will be rewarded for this in the long run.
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    So what? You'll get him next time... What's the big deal?
    Why can't everyone just relax a bit and enjoy the game :)

Because this character has the potential (based on character ability in previous) to break the current meta and those people that can and do compete at top level will be at a disadvantage that can only be overcome by money. Not a small amount money or even the usual amount but an EXTORTIONATE amount of money. That is the issue.
  • The shame is that I just bought both these from Xbox live about 3 hours ago for my 360... But Kotor2 won't properly download lol.

Excellent games! I hope it works for you. If you’ve never played either of them, it will be one of the greatest Star Wars experiences in your life. If you have played them, then bravo to you fir adding those gems to your collection!
  • I get why people are complaining about the revan event, but the bigger issue and root cause of all the hate is the release cadence with all the hard node farms they have been shoving down our throats instead placing some of the new toons in some of the older shops. Instead of throwing us a bone, they come up with a lame excuse that the older shops are for gear farms. The truth is so many people have the currency of the old shop saved up, they can’t squeeze that last dime out people if toons are dropped in the older shops. Stop all the hard node farms and people wouldn’t be as mad imho.