why not just get Revan the 2nd time around

13Next

Replies

• Gohan0406 wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    GOHGURU wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    I think it is fair for people who spend their money to have a potential advantage for a little while. Of course that advantage is not guaranteed. But there needs to be incentive for people to continue to spend on the game so we can all continue to enjoy the game. The studio doesn't work for free.

Not really dude, that's not true for any other game. I find it hard to believe that people wouldn't spend unless they were guaranteed an advantage. The kind of money you'd need to spend for this aren't exactly available to most of us, the people who can afford it are people who would buy anything, even Rose Tico for example.

The only way it would make sense to say that is if it was like a matter of 50-100 bucks. Then yes people would think about spending it to gain a competitive advantage.

there are lots of people who pick and choose what they spend their money on. There are lots of games that have the same model. if you don't know about them, it's not CG's fault

What he’s saying is that most whales in this game aren’t spending to get an advantage. They spend well past that point, and buy things they don’t need. They buy characters they like or to build teams they find interesting. Most are going to get first in arena whether they spend or not.

If you want to draw in spenders who only spend because they feel like they have to in order to keep up then you need to keep it in their price range. They’ve outpriced a lot of people who are spending because they feel they have to. I would probably spend $50 to get Revan if I felt I had to in order to stay competitive. I’m not spending $200. I actually would want to, but I can’t consider it. They’ve made it easy to say no.

It will be more than 200 to get Revan (depending on your current farming). 200 is easy for whales lol. Marquee toons are average of 300 lol

Yeah, it depends. For me the estimate is $150. I’ve been farming them everyday since they went F2P though and I routinely get 1st in both arenas. I can see how others could be double that though.
  • GOHGURU wrote: »
    Gohan0406 wrote: »
    @Gohan0406 is that a serious question? Being at a competitive disadvantage in arena and raids isn't a good enough reason for you?

You speak of the next time as if it's right around the door and yet the next time is goint to be in 5 or 6 months which is right around half year! That's quite some time to be at a disadvantage I would argue. So unless you don't want to have Revan until March, I would say that you have a pretty good reason to complain.

Disadvantage in raids? Lol. No. I am pretty sure I will still get top 3 in HSTR. I am pretty sure Traya will still dominate. You just want the new toons to have them. Just like Chewie. What exactly did Chewie add to the game? Some people I know spent tons of money to get Chewie and all it did was give them a different setup for P3 in HSTR lol.

So an additional character with possibly a very powerful leadership ability wouldn't allow for an extra few millions in HSTR? Simply because YOU would possibly remain a top 3 HSTR player in YOUR specific guild it doesn't mean that that would be true for all players and all guilds. And perhaps Traya will still dominate in arena, which is quite ironic considering how she loses to Chewbacca and Jango Fett already. But who knows Revan won't change the meta to a hybrid that includes him AND Traya? Remember the Titan Hybrid that nobody could even come close to beating for so long? A Jedi(JK), 2 rebels (Han and CLS), an Empire character (Thrawn) and R2 or Rex. I mean until JTR came into the game and NS got a rework, beating that team was only possible with a MIRROR match and how do you know Revan won't bring that?

I was saying I will stay in top 3 in HSTR using the current roster that anyone can have right now. No need for every new toon.

And Traya does lost on defense to specific teams. But we all know the arena is not about offense, it’s about defense. Heck, Finn can beat Traya. Wiggs too lol. I seen a Smuggler team beat Traya lol. But since they can’t hold on defense, you don’t see them in the top. And that’s why Traya dominates 🤷🏽‍♂️💪💪

And maybe Revan will create a new meta..so what? That’s good. That means you can get him in a few months and join the meta. Traya will still dominate. Krakens and Whales don’t spend 100s of dollars to stay on the same level as f2p. They get the toons first...everytime...it doesn’t change lol. Also every toon in the game will become free to get at some point. You are just upset because you can’t get it the same times whales do...

And you seem upset but if you played this game for a long time, this should come as no surprise.

Well you just proved my point when you said that ignorant statement "And maybe Revan will create a new meta..so what? That’s good. That means you can get him in a few months and join the meta."

A few months of competitive disadvantage in arena wasn't it part of my original argument? A few months aka 5-6 months is actually a LONG LONG time. Also by then the meta could change so having Revan will be pointless at that time.

Because having Rey and CLS is pointless these days right?

They are no longer elite level arena characters, yeah.

They may not be elite but they are still viable and still show up in the top 50 even on old shards.
  • Dorendalin
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I agree on getting him happily on second pass. I cannot even get mad, this time - it is Just so blatantly a cash grab that I just laughed and thanked CG for saving me money. I have a hard time believing that this is going to work out for CG - the super whales already have these characters at 7* because this game allows whales to hoard crystals like crazy - it is designed for the top people to stay at the top.

With such a ludicrously short panic farm on FOUR characters, I cannot see many being willing to fork out hundreds of dollars on one character. We also don’t know what gear level will be target - I will laugh if it is G11/12 like Chewbacca event.

End of the day, I am suspicious of this one - the only reasons I can see for this are that CG is incredibly desperate for revenues , or they are trying to empty hoarded crystals before a meta-breaking Jedi Luke event is announced for December. The former would scare me, because I think CG/EA utterly botched the release of a popular character that should have allowed them to print money. The latter makes sense to me, so I am keeping powder dry hoarding resources until I see what the major December event is.
    why not just get Revan the 2nd time around

tenor.gif?itemid=3567530
  • Dorendalin wrote: »
    End of the day, I am suspicious of this one - the only reasons I can see for this are that CG is incredibly desperate for revenues , or they are trying to empty hoarded crystals before a meta-breaking Jedi Luke event is announced for December. The former would scare me, because I think CG/EA utterly botched the release of a popular character that should have allowed them to print money. The latter makes sense to me, so I am keeping powder dry hoarding resources until I see what the major December event is.

Or they just moved Revan forwards because everyone was complaining about there being too many marquees.
    Many people seem to be sooo upset about the panic farm...why? You can beat every content in the game with the current toons. Why do you NEED to have Revan the second the event starts? I do not understand, if someone could explain it to me, that would be nice lol. It took JTR 3 times to come before I got her. Chewie will be the 2nd time around. Neither affected my progress in the game when I didn’t have them...so I’m just a bit confused.
    Many people seem to be sooo upset about the panic farm...why? You can beat every content in the game with the current toons. Why do you NEED to have Revan the second the event starts? I do not understand, if someone could explain it to me, that would be nice lol. It took JTR 3 times to come before I got her. Chewie will be the 2nd time around. Neither affected my progress in the game when I didn’t have them...so I’m just a bit confused.

It’s not about getting the character the second time around, I’m totally fine with that. It’s the fact that the devs purposely make it impossible for players to get the character the first time around forcing players to pay for a chance to even get the character(not even guaranteed if you pay). I understand that it’s a company and at the end of the day it’s all about money but it’s kinda like a spit in the face to purposely give players an extremely short notice to farm characters that they know no one will ever use beyond this event just to make tons of money, knowing that people really want Revan. It’ll be even worse if Revan is a game changer (which he probably will). Having players top of the arena because they have the money to spend on characters isnt fun.
  • I don't see why people are complaining. First of all, as soon as the Old Republic toons were added this was an immediate signal to us that something else would be coming and that you'd need these characters. Whether or not we chose to farm them immediately or not falls on us. Second, I want to thank the whales because if it wasn't for them then so many people that spend for Revan keep the game free for everyone who chooses to be FTP. Lastly, CG isn't required to make Revan or any character easily accessible the first time to everyone when it comes to legendary characters. Plus if they did stuff like that could you all imagine how much of a nightmare arena would be? So if people don't want to whale for it then just know that it'll be around again event. Most legendaries are on a short farm like CLS or JTR but the difference being that they weren't all new characters. It is what it is.
  • GOHGURU wrote: »
    @Gohan0406 is that a serious question? Being at a competitive disadvantage in arena and raids isn't a good enough reason for you?

You speak of the next time as if it's right around the door and yet the next time is goint to be in 5 or 6 months which is right around half year! That's quite some time to be at a disadvantage I would argue. So unless you don't want to have Revan until March, I would say that you have a pretty good reason to complain.

Disadvantage in raids? Lol. No. I am pretty sure I will still get top 3 in HSTR. I am pretty sure Traya will still dominate. You just want the new toons to have them. Just like Chewie. What exactly did Chewie add to the game? Some people I know spent tons of money to get Chewie and all it did was give them a different setup for P3 in HSTR lol.

So an additional character with possibly a very powerful leadership ability wouldn't allow for an extra few millions in HSTR? Simply because YOU would possibly remain a top 3 HSTR player in YOUR specific guild it doesn't mean that that would be true for all players and all guilds. And perhaps Traya will still dominate in arena, which is quite ironic considering how she loses to Chewbacca and Jango Fett already. But who knows Revan won't change the meta to a hybrid that includes him AND Traya? Remember the Titan Hybrid that nobody could even come close to beating for so long? A Jedi(JK), 2 rebels (Han and CLS), an Empire character (Thrawn) and R2 or Rex. I mean until JTR came into the game and NS got a rework, beating that team was only possible with a MIRROR match and how do you know Revan won't bring that?

I was saying I will stay in top 3 in HSTR using the current roster that anyone can have right now. No need for every new toon.

And Traya does lost on defense to specific teams. But we all know the arena is not about offense, it’s about defense. Heck, Finn can beat Traya. Wiggs too lol. I seen a Smuggler team beat Traya lol. But since they can’t hold on defense, you don’t see them in the top. And that’s why Traya dominates 🤷🏽‍♂️💪💪

And maybe Revan will create a new meta..so what? That’s good. That means you can get him in a few months and join the meta. Traya will still dominate. Krakens and Whales don’t spend 100s of dollars to stay on the same level as f2p. They get the toons first...everytime...it doesn’t change lol. Also every toon in the game will become free to get at some point. You are just upset because you can’t get it the same times whales do...

And you seem upset but if you played this game for a long time, this should come as no surprise.

Well you just proved my point when you said that ignorant statement "And maybe Revan will create a new meta..so what? That’s good. That means you can get him in a few months and join the meta."

A few months of competitive disadvantage in arena wasn't it part of my original argument? A few months aka 5-6 months is actually a LONG LONG time. Also by then the meta could change so having Revan will be pointless at that time.

Maybe not JTR, but CLS is back to elite status thanks to Chewie
  • Trey 66 wrote: »

Maybe not JTR, but CLS is back to elite status thanks to Chewie

That’s still only a 2nd tier squad, and he’s not even a requirement for it. Han and Chewie are what make the team. There’s a wide range of rebels or Scoundrels you can stick around them. Nobody is falling behind because they don’t have CLS
    Many people seem to be sooo upset about the panic farm...why? You can beat every content in the game with the current toons. Why do you NEED to have Revan the second the event starts? I do not understand, if someone could explain it to me, that would be nice lol. It took JTR 3 times to come before I got her. Chewie will be the 2nd time around. Neither affected my progress in the game if I didn’t have then...so I’m just a bit confused.

Because kids these days don't have the patience for the long haul. Why, in my day, we had to go uphill both ways through a blizzard just to insert a cartridge into our NES, and we actually had to make maps by hand.
    Guild Leader of CHAL | Member of the WWL Alliance