Vet Farm and FO questions...

Hello guys,

I have a few questions for you lovely people.

Vet farms. I haven’t started the vets for JTR. I just finished farming Kylo so have a 7* FO team but it includes Phasma. I wanted to farm FOX before the vets but worried I might not have the vets to 7* before the JTR event that’s coming after the one happening in a few weeks? Would I be able to farm FOX and then the vets and still make it for the next JTR?

FO Zeta. I have a zeta I can use, and wondering who to put it on, (FO aren’t my arena team). Wondering whether to put it on KRU leadership or Kylos Outrage? I could use it on CLS’ IBAT but I need to gear him more. Recommendations?

https://swgoh.gg/u/biglib/

Thank you for reading!

Replies

• USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    If you start farming vets now you will be prepared for her next release.

Kylo Unmasked is a good leader for FO. But if you want teeth in your teams CLS IBAT is a must.
  • Which do you want more, FOX or JTR? Seems like you have your priorities backwards. Farm vets first then FOX.

CLS IBAT is one of the most useful zetas in the game. If FO is not your arena team then I'd say IBAT or stash it for a future zeta.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Vets first. FOX is fast and cheap farm you can do anytime.
  • Which do you want more, FOX or JTR? Seems like you have your priorities backwards. Farm vets first then FOX.

CLS IBAT is one of the most useful zetas in the game. If FO is not your arena team then I'd say IBAT or stash it for a future zeta.

I know I should go vets first, I was just low key hoping people would be like “yeah you’ll be fine farming FOX first”, because I know the farm is painful and I’ve been dreading it haha!

I’ll get stuck in with the vets then. I’ll probably Zeta CLS as well. Thanks for all the input fellas! Appreciate the swift responses!
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    When you give zeta on FO, KRU’s lead MUST be first.

FO for you now is just for getting BB-8.
    So, farming Vets first.

If you want to make FO more stronger, you need to farm FOST. His zeta is better than Kylo’s.
  • Go for the Vets. I got a 7* BB8 with Phasma and it wasn't too much trouble.
  • komji15 wrote: »
    When you give zeta on FO, KRU’s lead MUST be first.

FO for you now is just for getting BB-8.
    So, farming Vets first.

If you want to make FO more stronger, you need to farm FOST. His zeta is better than Kylo’s.

Gotcha. I ended up putting the Zeta on IBAT anyway. Will focus on vets.

Go for the Vets. I got a 7* BB8 with Phasma and it wasn't too much trouble.

What gear was your FO team when you 7* BB8?
  • [/quote]

What gear was your FO team when you 7* BB8?
    [/quote]

https://swgoh.gg/squads/109955/ Not changed anything on any of the 5 (including Mods) since
  • You won't need gear 10 to unlock BB8, particularly if you have KRU as lead. Just make them decently quick and it's entirely doable at G8/G9 and I did it without FOO at the time.
  • If you only want FO for BB8 then you can skip executioner. If you want your FO squad to be useful for anything else I disagree with most commenters here. For TW and Raids if you want FO to be one of your big squads you need the executioner. Since the rest of your FO is ready to go, I'd complete that squad before worrying about moving on to the next.

The executioner is insane in raids. He consistently does 60% - 75% of the total damage, and a mediocre FO squad with him in it can solo Rancor and chunk down the Sith and Tanks hard.

Zeta KRU's leadership useful for: TW and Tank Raids (and Arena).

I doubt putting off your vet farm for a week or two will come back to bite you, unless they do something really weird to the schedule.
  • FOX shines in the raids...absolute beast. A good FO team has a zKRU(L), FOO, FOX, FOST, and Kylo/FOTP.

I did them first so I need the Vets....but I can farm Heroic PIT on auto and it kills in the HAAT.
  • While I agree with FOX being great he still pales in comparison against JTR, plus you need FOST if you really wanna use FO so you could always start the slow farm for him now and finish about the same time you've farmed both vets plus FOX haha.
  • Yeah this FO squad isn’t going to be just for BB8. I do want more Raid teams and I know they’re helpful in TW/TB.

I just got BB8 to 7* with my squad and it was really easy. Everyone was still alive. So now I have BB8 I’m not planning on just leaving the team.

Obviously there is still a long way to go for me so I have started farming the vets now. I will farm FOX afterwards and I’ll start FOST after I’ve done my other DS/LS farms.

You guys have all been of great help, I really appreciate all the responses!
  • So my Vet Han is at 6*, pretty close to 7, and my Vet Chewy is at 5*, moderately close to 7...

Can I get them to 7 before the end of this JTR event?

Seems like my only option is 16 energy Cantina battles...

Anyone know a quicker way?
  • Slaveen wrote: »
    So my Vet Han is at 6*, pretty close to 7, and my Vet Chewy is at 5*, moderately close to 7...

Can I get them to 7 before the end of this JTR event?

Seems like my only option is 16 energy Cantina battles...

Anyone know a quicker way?

You can buy the packs, but even then you won't make it...... She will be back, likely in January...
  • Zeta Kyle Ren (not KRU, although KRU probably does phenomenally too) can pretty much walk the bb8 event with nothing but g8 and mediocre mods on the others.
  • Zeta Kyle Ren (not KRU, although KRU probably does phenomenally too) can pretty much walk the bb8 event with nothing but g8 and mediocre mods on the others.

Did it with no Zetas and Kylo at g7. Rest were g8 with the exception of FOTP who was G11, all characters survived with full health. RNG on my side or is it not as hard as I was expecting?
  • RNG a bit, but back when I did it I found T7 much easier than T6 where they start with pre-loaded loaded TM. My team didn't change from Tier to Tier.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    RNG a bit, but back when I did it I found T7 much easier than T6 where they start with pre-loaded loaded TM. My team didn't change from Tier to Tier.

Same. I did T6 and T7 today. Lost a toon in T6, didn’t lose one in T7. Didn’t change a thing
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    For bb8 I unlocked him at 7 stars with kru, kr, Phasma at lvl 85, FOE at lvl 80 and FOST at lvl 80 . all g8. I Had lvl 1 mods on Phasma and FOST and ok mods on the others.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Do yourself a favor and just do any requirements for legendaries/heroes you want immediately, regardless of when their event is due. That way it's done, you're ready, and you don't need to freak out when the event does finally roll around.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Is fost really that vital for the team? zKRU is tanky enough, fox/og kylo/fotfp/foo I think is a strong and commonly used team as well. I guess on tw defense two tanks is better than one.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Don't need FOST, considering he's the hardest FO farm. Save yourself the trouble and run:

KRU (Zeta not needed), Kylo, FOO, Phasma, FOTP.

Easiest farm. FOO is complete to 7* just by farming the first two from Cantina nodes. FOTP has like 7 sources (exaggerating but whatever) and GW for Phasma.

If you're planning on running them later or getting Kylo's shuttle then work on FOST after.
  • Get Vets started for JTR, As far as FO is concerned I think KRU leader Zeta is a must, then run FOEX, FOO, Kylo, FOSFTP. Although FOTP has awesome damage, I actually find the AOE and directed Assist FOSFTP gives far more useful. I have FOST 7* but not geared enough to use him with his Zeta so I can't speak to his viability.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/366672489/
  • FOST is an amazing tank, and the zeta makes him better. It's the second best Zeta on an FO squad.

Zeta not really needed for the event if you are G8/9 ish and decent mods.
  • Just did it no zetas, no omegas, G8 except FOTP at G10 and decent but not great mods. Only one at 85 was KRU, the rest were 75-80.