[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Just put him as a normal legendary who can be unlocked at 5, then you put a Darth revan journey
  • One of the biggest things I'm seeing again is there are people who were ready to spend to get characters ready... Ready to spend 50, 100, 200 bucks.... But with how they set this event up those people are no going to hold on to their money because there is NO way it will get them close to ready. So now we have an event that is for mega whales, people who likely spent $1000+ for this game, which is an extremely small percent of the paying population. It used to be you could farm smart and spend on 1-2 characters. This new event shows that now these events will be reserved simply for platinum members only.
  • Be_Rad wrote: »
    Chucke wrote: »
    you go Donald Trump. I bow to your business acumen. I'm sure if they want to know how to make a lot less money than they could they will contact you. I should have said successful business.

Lmao i can tear you apart here too. What defines successful business? Being profitable? Or having a strong, healthy, and happy fan base? A company that focuses solely on profits is destined to fail, because short term, profit minded decisions don't equate to longevity. If you like a game that is constantly decreasing in quality, then sure, stand behind this type of behavior. I implore you to ever start a business.

Yeah I want a strong happy fan base that aren't crybabies. What planet are people from that they think the quality is decreasing. It's quite the opposite by leaps and bounds and it's quite evident by the additional staff and creative talent that has stuck with it from the beginning. I am absolutely positive they were given a trial run of a year and they had a breakout 2nd year, and now they can take this game to the next level. If you aren't happen, hit the door. Complainers need to stopand wait the 3 to 4 months or leave. As you said we want a happy fan base.

I have been playing this game since nearly day 1 and the quality has absolutely decreased. The game feels more like a chore than it does a game and the amount of fun to be had has dropped substantially. Yes, this is a relatively subjective thought, but I would be happy to put money saying that majority of the players feel the same way. I was never personally complaining about the release method of Revan. When those who do get fed up "hit the door" and the player base drops so far as to require another pvp merge, the whales will have less fun competing against the same people repeatedly. Good luck keep profits up with that environment. Go back to school are learn stuffs.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Capitalism 101 - Why make the same profit this year as last year? We MUST make more. Growth cannot ever be 0%. Even though that means they are still bringing in, for argument's sake, $10 million profit per month, every month, year after year.

EA squeezing every last penny out of their sub-companies to supply millions to shareholders who give absolutely zero thought to this game or other EA products. They just want a graph that always goes up.

“They”
    How’s your pension fund/investment portfolio?
    “We”... let’s be honest
  • I finished 7* Talzin yesterday.
    I am verr proud.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I call it now after rereading the announcement: it's a LEGENDARY and we're all fussing. Free bad PR is still free PR ;-)
    If there is any consistency in how they are wording the announcements, it is always 100% saying HERO'S JOURNEY and in case of Rey's TO FULLY COMPLETE.

Why would they word it as "you need those XYZ to complete this event and get a 7* Revan?"

JTR and CLS from the initial announcement:

JTR's event was worded like this:
    "You will need to have 7-star versions of each of the following characters to fully complete the Rey’s Hero’s Journey event"

CLS's event:
    "This Rebel Hero will unlock this August through the Hero's Journey event as a seven star character. To unlock Commander Skywalker, players will require the following Characters at seven stars: "
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I don't honestly care about Revan, as I've never played that game.. but..
    just on the basis they've built of a "journey" it doesn't make any sense to me. The first "journey" was farm boy Luke upgrading to Commander Luke, and the battles followed the narrative of how he got there.
    Jedi Rey's journey followed the same outline, showing the progression from one to another.
    At best, Revan should be a legendary release. There is no current Revan in the game to upgrade, so there's no "journey."
    Most adult players don't know who he is, and don't really care. I know I don't. The point is that there's no reason to drop a "journey" event with no existing toon to go through the progression.
  • I really hope double drops are around the corner...
  • I hope in the Knight Revan journey to Darth Revan ;-) and with HK-47!
  • What a joke and BLATENT ploy to make money. At the current drop rate (which is god awful) for KOTOR character shards, you expect us to have them all 7*?? Oh that's right, all you care about is money and all you take care of is the whales. The rich get richer. Wonderful philosophy EA.

Releasing KOTOR characters was a major step in the right direction for someone like me who dislikes Disney Star Wars stuff and I was so excited to hear Revan was coming, but this event feels FAR too soon.
  • We Players Demand A Double Drop Week!
  • We Players Demand A Double Drop Week!

Its gonna take a quadruple drop to be ready in time lol.
  • Pile wrote: »
    Just to be clear, we haven't even seen his kit yet. Everyone who's complaining is expecting him to be a meta changing toon which may not be the case. Calm down until we see what's what

If he’s not a meta toon I doubt they’ll make much money off of him. People don’t want to spend already, imagine if he’s not even worth it.
  • 1st Release of Revan Journey: 7* is P2P

2nd Release of Revan Journey: 7* is F2P if you focus on requirements.

If you're essentially a F2P don't expect to get any of the Journey characters on first shot UNLESS you've been instructed by someone who knows better when you joined or you've been specifically saving your crystals for months waiting for a reason to spend all you've saved(even then it's at least 10k-ish per toon to 7* without sims). Nothing wrong with getting a toon on the second go around.

Now, if CG and EA had Revan unlockable at 5*, I'd be dropping $30 on Zaalbar and Mission pack, instead since it's 7* only and I've a Vince McMahon entrance song(no chance in hell) of unlocking Revan on 1st go, I'll keep grinding and farm them until Revan returns.

Exactly my sentiments. I'm disappointed to not get him this time around and was ready to put some $$ down as I'm a big KotOR/Sith Lords and SWtOR fan/player. BUT, now I save money and farm for free for the next several months. Had he been unlock able at 5* I'd have already bought the packs and weekly shipments for those I need (everyone but Bastila).
  • Cossin wrote: »
    I call it now after rereading the announcement: it's a LEGENDARY and we're all fussing. Free bad PR is still free PR ;-)
    If there is any consistency in how they are wording the announcements, it is always 100% saying HERO'S JOURNEY and in case of Rey's TO FULLY COMPLETE.

Why would they word it as "you need those XYZ to complete this event and get a 7* Revan?"

JTR and CLS from the initial announcement:

JTR's event was worded like this:
    "You will need to have 7-star versions of each of the following characters to fully complete the Rey’s Hero’s Journey event"

CLS's event:
    "This Rebel Hero will unlock this August through the Hero's Journey event as a seven star character. To unlock Commander Skywalker, players will require the following Characters at seven stars: "

I am pretty sure if this were like all the previous legendary events a dev would have chimed in with an update that 5 star characters will unlock a 5 star Revan. There have been countless people saying they will NOT purchase the character packs because it won't get them enough shards for 7 stars but WOULD if it meant putting them over the top for a 5 star unlock.
  • There’s absolutely no synergy with OR toons. CG has done a very poor job with OR toons and creating a formidable team.
  • Also, it seems to be a "rare" event as indicated in the newsletter, not "very rare" like Chewbacca just was. I'm guessing Revan is coming back in January/February. If you don't want to panic and drop cash, stay focused on the grind, don't divert and you should be finishing up right when he comes back. Just don't forget to gear up properly.
  • DaGhost141 wrote: »
    Real question is where is Carth? He was the first character introduced in KOTOR game and plays major role in game.

They could have another marquee for Carth before this event comes up. Similar to how they added Aurra, Embo, and Jango just before the Chewbacca event. Those characters were technically available and eligible for the event, but not yet farmable (heck, they still aren't farmable). Maybe they do something similar and release Carth and maybe Canderous or Juhani as marquees with leadership abilities that make the event easier. Not required, but as an "easy" button if you want to spend the cash for them and bypass the RNG.
  • Jesus, just wait a couple months and get Revan next time. Life is hard, waiting isn't.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • This was a terrible move by the Devs, we had Chewie Legendary a week ago and just recently, not even 2 weeks ago, they released 3 of the kotor characters to farm, people would get way more excited and consider spending some money if we had more time to farm or the character be unlocked at 5 stars, I hope they review this or at least not make the same bad decision on the future
  • The thing I can't stop harping on is why CG would do it this way, even for their bottom line. The Krakens and large whales have already spent their money and will get him. But why make it so that dolphins and occasional spenders are incentivized NOT to spend. How many people would have sprung for a pack or two or a chest of crystals if doing so would push them over the top and let them get Revan? I'd wager a whole lot of people fit into that category. CG is basically saying they don't want that class of player's money... totally perplexing.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Thysus wrote: »
    The thing I can't stop harping on is why CG would do it this way, even for their bottom line. The Krakens and large whales have already spent their money and will get him. But why make it so that dolphins and occasional spenders are incentivized NOT to spend. How many people would have sprung for a pack or two or a chest of crystals if doing so would push them over the top and let them get Revan? I'd wager a whole lot of people fit into that category. CG is basically saying they don't want that class of player's money... totally perplexing.

Yep, they made it really easy this time by not even making it possible to get 5 7* OR heroes without a lot of spending that's beyond the reach of most, even for those that are placing top 10 in both arenas. At least with Thrawn it was doable to reach 5 5* heroes for the unlock, and for CLS a lot of lead time was given via hints, and the heroes needed were all farmable at the time of the hints. JTR was worse but it was possible to panic farm the 2 vets. They raised the bar so high this time that they did us all a favour by making the first round an easy pass. Star Wars: Heroes Journey III: A Lost Hope
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Last weekend instead of some brain teaser they coulda told everyone this actual information if they knew it was going to be next week.

Why have some puzzle if you were dropping this as the next major event. Also where’s the GG rework, some viable capital ships, oh idk fixing the challenge rewards to suit the game better? The list goes on.

Been playing this game since 2 months after launch, I spend money, I’ll hopefully finish farming OR & get Revan, I have a 4m+ GP, and I swear on every blue Jedi ghost if g12 is required I’ll never spend another dollar on this game.
  • Soooo...since these characters are required for Jedi Revan, it'll be the same characters required for Darth Revan, right?
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • There’s absolutely no synergy with OR toons. CG has done a very poor job with OR toons and creating a formidable team.

With the exception of Mission and Z, I'm not sure there was an intent to do so, at least not yet. I've seen far more versatility out of Bastila and T3 outside of OR, and based on the way Jedi and Droids are building up, it seems that was the immediate goal. Pure faction teams aren't always the key to successful gameplay here, but as a rule they're easier for casual players to create teams with. Like the recent BH surge, I think they still have a couple more cards up their sleeves.
  • First, the puzzle was awesome! Built a ton of excitement. Nice job! I was more pumped on this game over the last few weeks than I ever have been. Putting Revan out of reach of FTP is a bit of disappointment but understandable. I, for one, am glad that you made Revan so hard to get. Even if he is meta, I can't see him dominating arena for the sheer fact most people will not have him. It would be way worse for the state of a game to have a meta shifting toon that was widely accessible to medium PTP player which would alienate a large segment of the FTP base. Excited to get this toon next time!
  • [quote=They could have another marquee for Carth before this event comes up. Similar to how they added Aurra, Embo, and Jango just before the Chewbacca event. Those characters were technically available and eligible for the event, but not yet farmable (heck, they still aren't farmable). Maybe they do something similar and release Carth and maybe Canderous or Juhani as marquees with leadership abilities that make the event easier. Not required, but as an "easy" button if you want to spend the cash for them and bypass the RNG.[/quote]

I don't know if they'll drop additional content before Oct 18, but I do think it will come soon enough to start to make sense of the faction. The pieces as of right now aren't all there.

• BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Could have talked me into spending a bit if you had made this at all realistic.
    942-122-371
  • Aarcher wrote: »
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Could have talked me into spending a bit if you had made this at all realistic.

Yeah, agreed. I've said forever in a number of these types of games that they seem to ignore the whole cost-benefit curve. If it's money they want, they stand to make far more making the price of these things sweet enough for the cross section of player to digest, say $5 and less, give them a decent value and something usable for their troubles. In turn, they get far more happier players across the board who don't cry money grab all the time. If I have to choose between a star upgrade on a game character and a Chicken McNugget Happy Meal, Embo gets his star, but if you think I'm giving up a Ruth's Chris prime rib, I'm eating fat tonight!