Don't want Revan but happy he's coming

Just a movie nerd/Star Wars fan point of view. I have never played KOTOR, never plan to and don't have any interest in any of the characters (Unless they appear in some sort of film in the future) but I am very happy Revan is coming. Reason being is, I was worried there will be something huge that I would be interested in following Chewie. It took so many attempts to finally get Chewie that I want to get full use out of the big Wookie and super stoked he's viable in arena. With Revan coming, and hopefully no other big name cinematic character, it gives me more time to build on teams that I actually enjoy. I know I may be a rare voice here, but I really don't want Revan, just happy he's coming to mix things up. Enjoy your gaming all!

Replies

• Curious the point of this thread other than you being a reason why we can’t have nice things...

Sheesh. People these days. Can’t be exciting about anything anymore. Bet you love the gear grind too...
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    I kind of agree with your statement.
    I haven’t played KOTOR and I am personally all about the OT.
    I think I am old now :-(
  • KOTOR > OT
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Locke4209 wrote: »
    KOTOR > OT

Chewie > Zaalbar

Lol
  • gpeeee wrote: »
    Just a movie nerd/Star Wars fan point of view. I have never played KOTOR, never plan to and don't have any interest in any of the characters (Unless they appear in some sort of film in the future) but I am very happy Revan is coming. Reason being is, I was worried there will be something huge that I would be interested in following Chewie. It took so many attempts to finally get Chewie that I want to get full use out of the big Wookie and super stoked he's viable in arena. With Revan coming, and hopefully no other big name cinematic character, it gives me more time to build on teams that I actually enjoy. I know I may be a rare voice here, but I really don't want Revan, just happy he's coming to mix things up. Enjoy your gaming all!

He may appear in the Game of Thrones guys' Star Wars movies. KoToR is worth a play if you get a chance. Can't guarantee it'll make you care about the characters as they are in this game, obviously, but you never know. I'm kind of in the same boat as you. Since I never played KoToR 2 I was hugely disappointed with the most recent raid (not even taking into account how poorly executed it was) so I'll likely never bother gearing or levelling Darth Traya. I'm sure there's going to be a large group of people that will never watch Resistance and won't be excited when those characters come to the game.
  • cw8
    98 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Since I never played KoToR 2 I was hugely disappointed with the most recent raid (not even taking into account how poorly executed it was) so I'll likely never bother gearing or levelling Darth Traya.

KOTOR 2 had such amazing writing, especially for Traya/Kreia, it makes the movies and everything else look like child's play. Recommend a playthrough to get acquainted with the characters, storyline and plot.

• ThisYeezy wrote: »
    gpeeee wrote: »

He may appear in the Game of Thrones guys' Star Wars movies. KoToR is worth a play if you get a chance. Can't guarantee it'll make you care about the characters as they are in this game, obviously, but you never know. I'm kind of in the same boat as you. Since I never played KoToR 2 I was hugely disappointed with the most recent raid (not even taking into account how poorly executed it was) so I'll likely never bother gearing or levelling Darth Traya. I'm sure there's going to be a large group of people that will never watch Resistance and won't be excited when those characters come to the game.

I definitely would be interested if he appeared in the GoT writers' series. Where did you hear that? I heard they were making it but not sure of the context.
  • marauder
    124 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    wait for the kit if you plan to get him guys. i panic farmed JTR last december and I was insulted when a 3 star MT can beat my fully geared team.
  • gpeeee wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    gpeeee wrote: »

I definitely would be interested if he appeared in the GoT writers' series. Where did you hear that? I heard they were making it but not sure of the context.

It's just speculation that they'll take on the Old Republic era since the context would fit their Game of Thrones writing style.
  • Jagged_Fel
    45 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Edit: misread something and responded to what I thought I had read. Original comment completely irrelevant... Sorry. I wish you could delete your own comments.
  • I’m happy he’s here too. Very exciting. I can’t wait for more.
  • Even though I have not played kotor before, I've read the storyline and it is, in my opinion, the best story line star wars has made, besides ot. However it feels like ot is spoken so much about that I pretty much know everything about that story. The I really don't like when Disney took over though. That when they became pretty pointless.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales