[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Nice move and char!! (as expected by EA). I'll have Revan in half a year :dizzy:
    This time it's very cheeky the VISA requirements.... maybe they need the money expecting the fines for their lootboxes? Who knows.... anyway EA don't count on my money this time.
  • Grimstoned
    250 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Rockstar takes years to make a ground breaking game with a story and an open world... it takes years! And it costs
    $69.99

CG makes one character in a mobile game character has like 6 moves maybe. And it costs
    $300-1500.

That’s crazy.
  • The best thing of this update...the whole character next time the majority gets for fully 0. Let 0.1% pay 500$ and make them imagine they got the most out of it. Instead of 10% spend each 50 - 100$...thats the probability of money. Smaller sums way more people are willing to pay. At least I get it for free now this character and no money from my side - i guess thanks :)
  • marauder
    124 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Im waiting for his kit before doing anything. panic farming JTR was a slap to my face when she can be beaten by a 3 star MT lead.
    Post edited by marauder on
  • HK22 wrote: »
    18 Pages and no developer response. I wonder if this will surpass the Sith Raid topic for number of pages before hearing something official.

Unless they make Revan as powerful as a raid boss I don't think it will be possible to make the community hate the event more than the Sith raid
  • Stopped playing at some point due to the massive time commitment required after the initial STR release. Came back with the Chewbacca news, stayed for the Revan news. First thing I see is that, after 3 months of not playing, there were like 12+ characters and ships from marquees (that's like 1 per week!!!). That's alright, I guess. Was hoping with some spending I might've gotten Revan at 5*, probably next time around (my OR toons aren't even unlocked, except for the droid). But 7* unlock? Requiring multiple conflicting farm toons (Hard Nodes, Cantina)? That's shameful. Truly shameful. We've moved way past the "paying customers have an advantage" territory and are in the "ONLY extremely overspending customers must have an advantage". What's even the point of spending $20-30 per month in this game (that's $360 a year, mind you)?

Say what you will about "smart choices", "patience", "resource management" and stuff like that. You're in denial. The best people can hope now is that the next legendary will have a single price tag, instead of being an event (that'll probably be cheaper than 5 marquee toons).

I'll stick to YouTube videos, rather than playing the game (and no, when I was playing regularly I put a reasonable amount of money to the game).
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Why can't there be a pack to get 330 shards of all 5 characters instead of spending for only 50 shards that in my case wont make a difference? :( I will be ready for the second or maybe third time as I am going to double farm zaalbar, jolee and bastila from both their LS/DS nodes and fleet PVE which will hopefully help, but not buy any shards from any of the stores.
    marauder wrote: »
    Im waiting for his kit before doing anything. panic farming JTR was a slap to my face when shes can be beaten by a 3 star MT lead.

NS are a hit and miss like with a lot of teams out there and depending on who you use with JTR and how well they are modded/geared...etc. I can mostly beat NS with JTR/BB8/R2/RT/GK in arena and will replace GK with scav rey doing raid or in TW/TB
  • I’m thinking that the kit won’t be released until next week, small odds it will be released tomorrow, this is deliberate imo, and frankly, I’ll grab Revan next time he shows up.
  • marauder
    124 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    @swgregoriou what i mean is i can be beaten by NS on defense. offense had no issues. dont think its fair a heroic legendary was so flimsy on Defense

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    If we take past events as a rough guideline, HJ characters usually have a great kit, 6 abilities of which 3 are Zetas, usually cause a shift in Squad Arena and also greatly affects Raid scores. And also they take like half a year before the first return so you'd have a 6 month head start as compared to buying a Marquee character that becomes F2P in 3 months.

And even if the kit were revealed, you might not know if it was any good till you actually played with it just like a lot of people weren't impressed with JTR kit on reveal. And besides, they will definitely release the kit before the event, you'll have more than enough time to decide whether to buy those 699 crystal packs.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    If we take past events as a rough guideline, HJ characters usually have a great kit, 6 abilities of which 3 are Zetas, usually cause a shift in Squad Arena and also greatly affects Raid scores. And also they take like half a year before the first return so you'd have a 6 month head start as compared to buying a Marquee character that becomes F2P in 3 months.

And even if the kit were revealed, you might not know if it was any good till you actually played with it just like a lot of people weren't impressed with JTR kit on reveal. And besides, they will definitely release the kit before the event, you'll have more than enough time to decide whether to buy those 699 crystal packs.

You have the point. Though JTR was a bummer for me.
    And I am not going to buy 699 crystal packs, I am aiming for shipments.
  • People should just not whale out... maybe CG will realize that it’s absurd to charge as much as a brand new console/graphics card for a single character in a game.
  • Phyruus
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    BTBAMthony wrote: »
    People should just not whale out... maybe CG will realize that it’s absurd to charge as much as a brand new console/graphics card for a single character in a game.

Yeah no $#!7.... but people will whale out on him no matter what (good luck convincing all the whales to no whale out on him... they'll say their 500 crystal a day payout will be worth it)
    , and CG will continue to p!$$ off their F2P crowd...

Seriously considering quitting after a Chewy event debacle that left me with a 6star chewy and no event to complete him after a game freeze upon completing the final tier.
  • Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I think everyone should put down the pitchforks until we actually see his kit. It would be ironic if everybody is freaking out over a character who's kit might not even make a difference in the current Meta. At the end of the day, the biggest question for me is whether Revan is going to be the Traya killer? At least on my shard, the top 40 teams are all Traya with a couple of Bastila's and Luke/Chewie's sprinkled here and there.

How is CG going to handle this considering there are lot of players who don't even have Traya yet and still working on the Sith raid?
  • Aarcher wrote: »
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Could have talked me into spending a bit if you had made this at all realistic.
    Yeah, I know, I, for one, hate it when I'm not spending money? I think that's the complaint here?
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    Rockstar takes years to make a ground breaking game with a story and an open world... it takes years! And it costs
    $69.99

CG makes one character in a mobile game character has like 6 moves maybe. And it costs
    $300-1500.

That’s crazy.
    Three or four months from now, Rockstar's game will cost $69.99 still. Revan will be free.

Seriously, folks, just chill.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

@Vinniarth Shipments is more expensive than the 699 packs. The 699 packs have a minimum of 10 shards each so that's guaranteed a maximum cost of 70 crystals per shard. You're buying them at 80 crystals per shard from Shipments. I bought 40 of those 699 packs and didn't get any lucky mega drops but my average was close to 13 shards per pack. So that's about 54 crystals per shard. Even if you already had 1 of the 5 OR characters at 7*, assume a 20% cost increase, that will bring the price per shard to 65 crystals.

So please, say no to shipments unless you've already got like 3 of the characters at 7*.
  • Just wait until next time. Sheesh... Quit acting like CG is going to steal your phone and throw it in a river if you don't get Revan the first time around.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Vinniarth wrote: »

@Vinniarth Shipments is more expensive than the 699 packs. The 699 packs have a minimum of 10 shards each so that's guaranteed a maximum cost of 70 crystals per shard. You're buying them at 80 crystals per shard from Shipments. I bought 40 of those 699 packs and didn't get any lucky mega drops but my average was close to 13 shards per pack. So that's about 54 crystals per shard. Even if you already had 1 of the 5 OR characters at 7*, assume a 20% cost increase, that will bring the price per shard to 65 crystals.

So please, say no to shipments unless you've already got like 3 of the characters at 7*.

Thing is, I have Bastila and Jolee at 7*. I don’t need 2/5 chance to spend crystals on nothing.
    And 20% increase of 70 would be 84 not 74 :/
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Just wait until next time. Sheesh... Quit acting like CG is going to steal your phone and throw it in a river if you don't get Revan the first time around.

That’s why we need to see kit first.
  • I'm fine with waiting a few months to grind characters, but why is HK-47 not apart of event. He had just as much of an impact as other characters if not more.
  • My thing about the required toons is the locations to farm them I like most all veteran players have maxed out all the toons that you can get in gw store, cantina store, and arena store. What can't cg put more toons in these stores I have a lot of currency for all 3 but no reason to go to those stores except to get currency for shared shop
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Who is Revan ?
    Didn’t see him in any movie.
    Weird
  • I see no chance to get the needed toons to 7* this time.
    I have Bastila almost at 6*, the other toons at 4*.
    Even with the packs and concentrated farming on these toons I see no chance.

Makes the Pack buy-decission alot easier for me. This time I skip this event completly, and will farm the toons without panic for the next time.

Sad :(
    I am german, therefore my english is not the best.
  • I updated my forecast... CG this implementation is horrible... and I am not even close to f2pnq7ucinh0a7l.png
  • Member5973
    127 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    Aarcher wrote: »
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Could have talked me into spending a bit if you had made this at all realistic.
    Yeah, I know, I, for one, hate it when I'm not spending money? I think that's the complaint here?
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    $69.99

$300-1500.

That’s crazy.
    Three or four months from now, Rockstar's game will cost $69.99 still. Revan will be free.

Seriously, folks, just chill.

Yesterday I finished Uncharted 4 and thought about if it makes sense to compare different types of games. Your argument is not valid I believe. In 3 or 4 months the other game will cost 69$, in one year it costs maybe 49$. And by that time CG will have added at least 5 more toons to SWGOH for 300$ each.

On the other hand this other game will likely get a DLC or two and then that’s it whereas SWGOH will likely get new game modes and so on.

The important difference in my opinion is that you still get more from a classic type of game like Uncharted or Witcher because of the story and character interaction. In SWGOH you get hollow animations of SW characters and they do not even match with the original characters they are copies of.

As for all the complaints here about how CG do their business I agree with you: accept it and stop complaining.
  • Golden124 wrote: »
    I'm fine with waiting a few months to grind characters, but why is HK-47 not apart of event. He had just as much of an impact as other characters if not more.

Because CG want to create their own version of SW game and be distinguishable and unique and stuff. Understandable but how they actually do it is not the smartest way in my opinion.
  • My guild decides to pass. So we will see Revan in another three months and save a truck load of $ :D