[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Mmmm, bad post... I was just saying its no use anymaway, CG loves panic farming... Don't target event at 1st but 2nd time, I'm 100% F2P and always unlock legendary toons at the second time, save your patience and save your wallet :blush:
  • GunsAtFour
    364 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Spharynx01 wrote: »
    Mmmm, bad post... I was just saying its no use anymaway, CG loves panic farming... Don't target event at 1st but 2nd time, I'm 100% F2P and always unlock legendary toons at the second time, save your patience and save your wallet :blush:

Well said. And i concur.

It's the whales that allow a lot of us to play this game for free in the first place. And more then likely the ftp people will get a bite at the cherry sooner rather then later . If it doesnt come around again in dec/Jan i will be surprised. It wont be more then 6 months. Ample tome to farm the shards

I know this...

I will get revan for free. And what's more I will know what gear to hoard for when I do 7* him.

Win win
  • LOL! As you did, someone can shows up and ask for 2 months delay. So whats the point of this post really? Tell me any game that is scheduled for player demands.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • When you search the word "Revan" and you click to the "last" option, it will show 100 pages going back to spring of 2017! Between posts of people begging to have him in the game as well as people claiming he shouldn't come.

The usual argument is that there's no way Revan won't come since he's such a big favourite to so many people. And yet when he finally comes he's unavailable to 99% of the players...

I don't know this makes anyone satisfied. Knowing you won't even have a chance to play Revan until March! And don't be foolish enough to believe he is coming any sooner than that! March will be the anniversary of the sith raid and then we may even get a dark side Revan who is going to require Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Revan and possibly Malak. So I mean if you're fine with the idea of watching Revan from YouTube videos where some whale or some game changer has the opportunity to play him, then I can't really say nothing to you. You make me sick but no pun intended, that's just a personal thing, I have nothing against you.

For those of you who will feel bad about this, those who hate the thought of experiencing their favourite character through YouTube for another 5 months, waiting for March, well then I'm sorry, there's nothing else I can do. We should be glad YouTube exists otherwise we probably wouldn't even be able to see Revan in action at all. I was mad about RJT because she was also p2p, way to ruin people's Christmas... ( Of course before I close this, let me say that obviously when I speak about a ruined Christmas, I don't really mean it in a literal way, I am not gonna let this game affect my life, but no matter how you look at it this is a sad day for gamers, being defeated to money once more).

I hope I didn't offend or insult anyone, have a wonderful day.
  • Its good to vent bro. I have no problem with your post
  • Company is for earning money. If you were the head of cg or ea, you definetly do the same. Pay money to get him or just wait. Period.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Honestly the best part about all this is a large part of the, I'd say "complaints" is people wondering why CG decided to make less money out of this event because it is impossible for the average spender to get Revan, meaning that they will sell loads less packages.

I mean..

The people who spend a lot, got all these character to seven star at release and won't buy any of the packages.

The people who would buy the packages cause they are close, won't buy them cause no one is close enough since we've only had three weeks to farm some of them.

And the F2P wouldn't buy them anyway, not even a slight inclination cause they are nowhere near ever getting Revan this time round unless they have placed high and not spent their crystals for the past year and saved them all up for this one character, and then decide to spend a years worth of saved crystals for some reason on characters that mostly do nothing to unlock one good character.

So what money exactly will they be making from this event? If they had waited one maybe 2 more months, then many many people would be more inclined to buy the packages for it, but....
  • zegene wrote: »
    Company is for earning money. If you were the head of cg or ea, you definetly do the same. Pay money to get him or just wait. Period.

Speak for yourself, not me
  • Lots of people are very angry lol
    LOL! As you did, someone can shows up and ask for 2 months delay. So whats the point of this post really? Tell me any game that is scheduled for player demands.

CG has shown that they react to player concerns. I've made my point that it would make a difference in money for CG and player satisfaction. Now they can just ignore that or discuss it internaly and maybe adjust their decision.
    Company is for earning money. If you were the head of cg or ea, you definetly do the same. Pay money to get him or just wait. Period.

I find this attitude so entitled. Not everyone is going to have the financial clout to be able to pay for it. In order to acquire this toon you are looking at an expenditure that the majority of people do not have the cash to pay for.

EA has never been a company about the games or the gamers, literally set up with the express purpose of gouging money out of your pockets. IF the packs were less expensive, like pocket money affordable for children the earnings from the game would be through the roof, but currently they are riding the wave of whales.

Just looking at the Belgium situation currently and that EA has been pushing gambling (don't deny is EA apologists) on children for years without any sign of remorse is evidence of the immoral "profit over everything" attitude of EA.
  • In summer we basically had nothing going on now in October we have:
    Chewie event
    1 week
    Jtr event
    1 week later Revan
    Thats simply way too much. I hoped for mid of November or start of December to buy the 50 shard packs in the end...but like this it wont help and next time its for free. I dont even have the credits to bring the characters to lvl80, let alone lvl85
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Don't know what all the hysteria is for. P2P get revan first then F2P get him next time. And anyone thinking they won't make money from this is a bit naive, they've been through this many times. Not that I agree with it but it's their business model and it must work or we'd start seeing ads ingame

Huh? They are earning 150k $ on a daily basis. It's not like they are going bankrupt whatever they do.
  • Angry for what? That you cant play you favorite char for free after first week when he releases?
  • Don't know what all the hysteria is for. P2P get revan first then F2P get him next time. And anyone thinking they won't make money from this is a bit naive, they've been through this many times. Not that I agree with it but it's their business model and it must work or we'd start seeing ads ingame

Yea thats how alot of events are not sure why everyone thinks bickering will make a difference. They just need to come to terms and gett him next time around. The probably released now so quick cause
    a. The have something else comming later this year
    b. They wanted him to come back before the end of there fiscal year.
    c. Both of above

Everyone should be glad they added revan with jedi revan it opens the door for darth revan.
  • So many people moaning just because they are not ready OP!

You’ve all had plenty of time to farm the OR toons so there’s no need to push back the event.

Why should those who have farmed smartly be disadvantaged by those who aren’t?

Not everyone gets the toons first time, Yoda, Thrawn, Chewie now Revan do grow up a bit and be patient.
  • GOHGURU
    85 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    So first of all let me say that I dislike GAMBLING and nobody should be forced to be subject to gambling.

Now on the issue, we got reworks and characters of major factions, all very relevant. We got a bunch of bounty Hunters who are still not all farmable. We got the old republic characters and we got the Solo movie characters.

Now the two most important ones are the old republic and the solo characters because these were the ones that seemed more likely for a legendary event. This is why I spoke of gambling earlier. The characters became farmable relatively in a close time frame, the solo characters were farmable a bit earlier but nevertheless the time frame was relatively short.

This creates a dilemma for the community, DO I FARM SOLO OR DO I FARM OLD REPUBLIC? Personally I went with SOLO and that's because I had a strong feeling that Beckett was coming.

My reasoning was simple, "prepared" feels underwhelming, these characters seem like they are missing something, a character to make the squad really good. I felt like it made perfect sense to close the characters for that movie with a legendary at the end of the year that would make the "prepared" mechanic really viable. Now you can argue all you want about whether Beckett feels like a legendary or not but honestly that means nothing. To me Beckett is a legendary character, he's a great character and I mean BB8 is a legendary, justify that!

Anyways, my thinking was that Revan, if he were to come to the game it would be right around March. It's the anniversary of the Sith raid and since we got tons of old republic content last March, I thought this would be it. We can argue about whether my thinking was good, bad, or in between, but it matters not.

The problem is that let's say I pause my SOLO toon farming and max out the Old republic characters, then Beckett comes a few months down the road and I end up missing him. Or let's say I finish my solo toons and leave old republic for later, now I'm most likely not going to get Revan even the second time around because alot of these characters are single hard nodes. If Becket comes late, let's say at the anniversary of solo movie, then the people who went old republic from the beginning have a clear advantage over those of us who went SOLO.

The lack of communication and pop up legendary events has created an environment that's essentially a big gambling game where you pick a faction and it either works out or it doesn't! Let alone how we're being distracted from gearing out bounty hunters for Chewbacca 7 star.

What else do you need to understand that is is becoming too much with too little communication! You rushed old republic content when you could have easily planned things out alot better. You could have done a solo legendary instead, and release old republic content at Christmas instead of the summer. This way you could do an old republic legendary next May. Instead you rushed 3 factions back to back and guess what, you still haven't done a thing about General Grievous as we all expected!

So my question is, how do you plan to compensate those who focused SOLO over Old republic? And when does this light speed pace comes to a slow down so we can catch a breath and catch up?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Angry for what? That you cant play you favorite char for free after first week when he releases?

If u couldn't play Revan for a week I'm sure I would be fine, try 5-6 months and now thing about it again.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    So many people moaning just because they are not ready OP!

You’ve all had plenty of time to farm the OR toons so there’s no need to push back the event.

Why should those who have farmed smartly be disadvantaged by those who aren’t?

Not everyone gets the toons first time, Yoda, Thrawn, Chewie now Revan do grow up a bit and be patient.

I don't expect to get it whatsoever, neither I'm moaning because of this reason. But how is it comparable to any other legendary/hero's journey?
  • What's a "Revan"?
  • simple answer?
    By ignoring them the same as ignoring every post/ thread on this forum.
    Tell you what though they are gonna need a much bigger rug to sweep it all under this time
    Do you not really love the better communication that was spoke of a long time ago in a galaxy far far away?
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Its just so sad... I invested on the Marquees because I was hoping Revan will come and I wanted him from the start and now that. I think I wont invest in stuff like that anymore if its no use anyway...

I sympathize with the disappointment. I felt some too. I think he's simply been such a heavily requested character that CG saw the opportunity to get a lot of money out of it. I don't blame them. That's their job.

Look on the bright side though. Very few people will have him, so I think there will be plenty of variety in every top10. Look to the future. Find out how to beat the event, and what gear levels you need. Study how he affects the meta, and which characters he works best with, and gear up those characters, so you'll be more than ready the next time the event comes around.
  • I’ll take Revan over Becket 10 out of 10 times. Also that would be a solid pass for me as that simply isn’t a character worth farming a whole faction for.

I started farming every new Old Republic character as soon as I saw the “Neutral” faction tag pop up in game a month or so ago, that was a dead giveaway Revan was coming in some capacity if you ask me, and I get it, the farming schedule for F2P is tight, but it always is. And don’t speculate and take risks on what is far from a confirmed probability if you cannot afford it, play it safe if you hate gambling.
  • how much does every one think will be needed to spend on crystals on that 10-330 pack to get them all 7*?? 30k? crystals? 60?

if I had a sure, its gonna be this amount and not be 1 thousand plus. I would want to spend, but hoping to get 330 shards from try one and mostly getting 10 shards until they are all 7* would be so much money for one character. You would probably go so high up in the arena and get more crystals, but its an insane amount to spend on a game. £200-300 might be worth it though as an extreme insane amount still, but do able.

seeing the event live is gonna make me want to panic farm more than anything. I did not care about CLS, Thrawn, JTR, BB8, R2...etc but Jedi knight REVAN :O

We are no more talking about £200-300 but now it is £1500-2000. A whole new level of cash grab. It is insane. I really don't understand. Maybe as someone else said, it is because the game is really down and they really need a cash flow.

No matter the explanation, it is a really really bad news. Game is maybe almost dead (I will play till the end but sad of what it becomes)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    how much does every one think will be needed to spend on crystals on that 10-330 pack to get them all 7*?? 30k? crystals? 60?

if I had a sure, its gonna be this amount and not be 1 thousand plus. I would want to spend, but hoping to get 330 shards from try one and mostly getting 10 shards until they are all 7* would be so much money for one character. You would probably go so high up in the arena and get more crystals, but its an insane amount to spend on a game. £200-300 might be worth it though as an extreme insane amount still, but do able.

seeing the event live is gonna make me want to panic farm more than anything. I did not care about CLS, Thrawn, JTR, BB8, R2...etc but Jedi knight REVAN :O

We are no more talking about £200-300 but now it is £1500-2000. A whole new level of cash grab. It is insane. I really don't understand. Maybe as someone else said, it is because the game is really down and they really need a cash flow.

No matter the explanation, it is a really really bad news. Game is maybe almost dead (I will play till the end but sad of what it becomes)

We are getting multiple fan favorites in a very cash-grabby fashion, which might be a sign that they are trying to milk what they can before calling it quits. If we get Jedi Luke this year, I will be very worried...
  • I wish they’d also said for what gear it is tuned... no need to bother if the difficulty is the same as for Chuwie event...
  • GOHGURU wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Angry for what? That you cant play you favorite char for free after first week when he releases?
    If u couldn't play Revan for a week I'm sure I would be fine, try 5-6 months and now thing about it again.

Jyst accept it because its my choices ultimately.

If Revan is my favorite and I want him super badly, I will stack everything I have when Bastilla released as marquee.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    how much does every one think will be needed to spend on crystals on that 10-330 pack to get them all 7*?? 30k? crystals? 60?

We are getting multiple fan favorites in a very cash-grabby fashion, which might be a sign that they are trying to milk what they can before calling it quits. If we get Jedi Luke this year, I will be very worried...

Idk about that. I’m sure this games future is still there. We ve been saying the sky is falling forever.
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited October 2018

I spent that much on my iPhone Xs Max and only because I sold two previous devices to help pay for it which really helped, but on a game for 7 characters, and two that I will actually use (Bastila and Revan)... not that I cannot afford it, but thats way too much for any game and any character CG will throw into it. I guess I will have to stay on target and just get him 2nd/3rd time around...

I think if anything its because of revan and they know how popular he is. even though with some not so popular because he is Jedi Knight, but I think thats the best thing about him and he will be so good in arena with bastila