[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    GunsAtFour wrote: »
    Lots of people are very angry lol

It's funny. I'm not angry, I'm relieved. I know I won't get him this time without spending way more money than I can afford which means I'm not changing my play style at all and not spending any money. He'll be back and I should be ready the next time he comes around.
  • And Grievous will be reworked to create a Droid meta. Calling it now.
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I know it's gonna get removed if I posted links, so for those thinking the game will go under, losing steam or whatever just google "Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Revenue". You're guaranteed to be shocked.
    Post edited by No_Try on
  • Varlie wrote: »
    GunsAtFour wrote: »
    Lots of people are very angry lol

It's funny. I'm not angry, I'm relieved. I know I won't get him this time without spending way more money than I can afford which means I'm not changing my play style at all and not spending any money. He'll be back and I should be ready the next time he comes around.

I’m chilling. No chance at unlock this time. Next time is different though. I’m sure he will be op and amazing and switch that meta and prob be needed like CLS was in lstb. Say la Vee :)

• Revan is here before clone helmets or gg rework lol Jango too.
  • Wampa_Noms wrote: »
    CG just used Fracture. The game was good. The community was better. "All good things" I suppose...

Fracture? Try Isolate. As in "most of the vocal community feels isolated" with the idea of the panic farm.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I believe that the American people have a right to and also deserve access to affordable gameplay in the star wars universe on their mobile devices. Now as many of you are are aware of, the bajillionare company Walt Disney has overthrown our beloved IMAGINARY universe for the sole purpose of extracting money from the pockets of the very people who make star wars what it is. Star Wars is a THING THAT PEOPLE LOVE and I for one refuse to stand idly by while the gameplay of the bottom %99 is extracted from them only to be given to the top %1 of the top %1 of the god damned WHALES! I'ts just not fair to the American people as a whole and therefor I am calling for a general strike from the whole community. Do not give CG a single penny until they can treat us, the players fairly. Thank you very much...
    I agree, they should release free OR characters shards packs for the American players.
    After all they are American, right?
    poodletron wrote: »
    What's a "Revan"?
    The dyslexic version of a raven.
  • EA_Lanna
    623 posts EA Community Manager
    edited October 2018
    Temporarily locking thread to clean it up and inevitably to moderate those who've broken the SWGOH Forum rules and guidelines in here. The thread will be reopened once that's been done (asap)

Reopening the thread now.

In the interest of helping you protect your forum accounts from avoidable moderation, I'm going to bump some of the rules that were repeatedly broken in this thread - check out the spoiler tag.
    Dos
    • Be polite and kind. Respect others even if they have a different opinion. If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal. Respect also means you never harass, embarrass, or threaten other players.
    Don'ts
    • Doing something on this list often can get you suspended, or sometimes even banned.
    • Call out Community Managers and Officials. Be cool, folks. We know you want to grab our attention, but good thread titles like the example in Dos will help you get our attention much easier.
    • Be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.
    • Curse or swear. Don't try to get away with it by using symbols in place of letters, too. We all k*** what you're trying to s**.
    Don'ts Treated With Zero-tolerance
    These are more serious don'ts. That means if you do something from this list, we might ban you right away.
    • Be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.
    I understand that many aren't happy right now but if you keep the rules mind when posting I'm sure the conversation could be constructive and it would greatly lessen any moderation. We'll only step in if rules are being broken.

Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • I think a hero/villain Revan makes a huge impact on the game weather he’s actually meta or if he’s the next grievous. I think CG May want to think about the negative impacts of releasing such large scale characters in ways that only the elite krakens can afford. With jtr ftp were able to acquire with maybe a small investment into the vets. Cls was the same some needing to spend a little to get old Ben. In each era whether it be the new generation the OG trilogy or the OR each character should be available to a large scale with those close enough for purchase. With all 5 being new and in places with very low drop rates the general population of your game will not have and chance at obtaining the most ask for character since Darth Nihilis was released. And perhaps before. It would be nice to see something that makes it reasonable for people who have invested their time and resources into the required characters to ease the blow of such a large scale event. I’ve played this game since November of 2015 and love the game. If feels like a large slap to the face that someone as iconic as this is locked behind the largest paywall the game has seen to date. I hope you all understand the impact this will have on your community. Looking forward to the event even if I won’t get him. It’s a real shame for a long time player like myself.

@CG_SBCrumb
    @CG_Carrie
    @CG_TopHat
  • Someone will come here and say "well you would have had a chance as a ftp if you had hoarded for the last couple decades blah blah."

By that logic no charcter will ever be ptp you know. ;P

As a full ftp, who doesn't(and will never) hoard but still gets top in arena, i'm proud enough to say that i won't get him 1st time around, albeit even with my best efforts. Next time. Greed reigns supreme for now.
  • Someone will come here and say "well you would have had a chance as a ftp if you had hoarded for the last couple decades blah blah."

By that logic no charcter will ever be ptp you know. ;P

As a full ftp, who doesn't(and will never) hoard but still gets top in arena, i'm proud enough to say that i won't get him 1st time around, albeit even with my best efforts. Next time. Greed reigns supreme for now.

right now, all the ttons becomes P2P. How much players have invested to get Bossk 7 stars and Dengar 7 stars to get Chewie ?
    What do you say to those who did not get Chewie 7 stars ? farm 5 toons at the same time because we don't know when and in which order they will come back ?
    it 's simply become a Pay to Play game. you want to play the Revan event, just pay. Even if you focused on the OR toons, avoiding the Chewie Event because you prefer Revan. you have been disappointed twice. You won't get Chewie and you won't get Revan either ......
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Improve the community?
    It's also hardly the biggest pay-wall to date. Baze, krennic etc were if i recall correctly.
  • Boov wrote: »
    Improve the community?
    It's also hardly the biggest pay-wall to date. Baze, krennic etc were if i recall correctly.

You sound like a Russian troll bro !
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Boov wrote: »
    Improve the community?

Those were one character. This is 5. As a launch player, I will agree that this is, indeed, the biggest pay-wall character to date.

And one I will not participate in. I don't like the direction the game is headed - and will vote with my money (or lack of it). I have been f2p for over a year now, and decisions like Revan's release only verify my decision, not change it.

In fact, the "new" HSith reward structure, fleet meta manipulation with 2.0, NS nerf, have all helped me realize that spending money to support this game is an exercise in futility. "Thank you master....may I have another?" is a phrase I got tired of uttering to myself after dumping cash into SWGOH.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Improve the community?

Those were one character. This is 5. As a launch player, I will agree that this is, indeed, the biggest pay-wall character to date.

And one I will not participate in. I don't like the direction the game is headed - and will vote with my money (or lack of it).

^^ this
  • Don't complain too much or this thread will be close too xD
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Improve the community?

And one I will not participate in. I don't like the direction the game is headed - and will vote with my money (or lack of it).

Baze was more expensive than all 6 combined if i recall correctly. (assuming you started farming asap)
  • Boov wrote: »
    Improve the community?

Baze was more expensive than all 6 combined if i recall correctly. (assuming you started farming asap)

and for Which event Baze was required ? required at a level that you couldn't even launch the event ?
  • Agree fully with this thread.
  • While I disagree with the way CG is handling this event it doesn't make this game p2w. Very few people will unlock him this time around and no matter how beefy they make him he will still have a counter. I've always been of the opinion that the paying players deserve that top spot, if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have a free game to complain about would we? If some rich nerds want to spend more money than I make in a week then more power to them.
  • Okay, I actually found everyone's complaining funny at first. People up in arms going who have been saying for the last 2 years they want Revan, and then Revan's companions come out, and they don't spend any money on them. Now, Revan is here and you are upset that you wont get him. If he is anything like JTR, he will be back in December or January, continue to farm and get him then.

This is a game, those who pay money, get early access to things that people who play for free do not. Which is actually only right since those people are the reason the servers are paid for. From my stand point, you had to spend at least $600 to be able to get Revan without any issues, and that would have required people to have the foresight to buy T3, Big Z and Mission from shipments and then panic farm Jolee and Bastila. If you really wanted him and didn't want to spend a larger amount of money, you could have taken the gamble and done that. I've been saying ever since the OR toons came out that it was a safe bet that Revan would follow probably in November .

The few times I said something in forums, I got blasted by the community with Revan isn't coming, its going to be Jango and then Malak. So I stopped saying anything. What happened when we get Jango? People complained. My point is, if you didn't take the gamble and see a pattern, then be happy that if you start farming now, you will likely be able to get him by the time he comes out next. You will even have the added benefit of know exactly what gear levels you'll need the OR toons to be based off the runs from the Whales or the people who gambled assuming this would be Revan.

I'm sure I'll be blasted for my view on this. But really, what are you guys thinking? You should be able to spend $100 and get one of the most notable characters of The Old Republic? What exactly do you think the amount should be set at? Or are you actually saying everything should be free and you should get everything the second it comes out. At that point, it doesn't sound like EA greed to me, it sounds like greed of people who want everything for free.
  • As a ftp, I am glad he is behind such a massive pay wall. Means I can get him at the same time 95% of the player base gets him, next time.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Improve the community?

additional info:
    citadel packs, according to @Nikoms565, were too expensive back then: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/888643#Comment_888643 at 800/1000 bucks.
    According to that panic farm tool i need about 45000 crystals to get revan (and the other 5 toons), wich would cost me around 330,- euros. If i had started right away with farming kotor and focussed all my energy on them it would have been even less.
    I believe aurodiums were like 300 euro aswell.
    But please don't let this all get in the way of being outraged by the latest most horrible event thrown at us.
  • To be honest, I'm very very very upset!

I bought all five Marquees for the Kotor faction and I started farming them from the beginning but I'm still ~800 shards away to have all of them at 7*!

I see your error.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    So many people moaning just because they are not ready OP!

You’ve all had plenty of time to farm the OR toons so there’s no need to push back the event.

Why should those who have farmed smartly be disadvantaged by those who aren’t?

Not everyone gets the toons first time, Yoda, Thrawn, Chewie now Revan do grow up a bit and be patient.

I don't expect to get it whatsoever, neither I'm moaning because of this reason. But how is it comparable to any other legendary/hero's journey?

Other than the fact that there is no pre existing revan to upgrade, how is it any different? Also, why does it have to be the same?
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Improve the community?

additional info:
    citadel packs, according to @Nikoms565, were too expensive back then: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/888643#Comment_888643 at 800/1000 bucks.
    According to that panic farm tool i need about 45000 crystals to get revan (and the other 5 toons), wich would cost me around 330,- euros. If i had started right away with farming kotor and focussed all my energy on them it would have been even less.
    I believe aurodiums were like 300 euro aswell.
    But please don't let this all get in the way of being outraged by the latest most horrible event thrown at us.

Aurodiums was only 200 bucks for 330 shards, if lucky it only costed 100, plus You also got some other stuff, like shards for another toon
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Just wait and see the tremendous OPness Revan will be ^^ End of an Era ! Goodbye whales and dolphins, welcome to the Whalosaurus Rex !!! xD
  • I know people are upset about not being able to unlock Revan this time around. I think you will always have people upset if they don’t get any toon the first time. Especially if you have to use toons without synergy and the like.

This will come down to Revans kit. If his kit only synergizes with Jedi it’s a brutal blow to those that work on T3M4, Zaalbar and Mission as they only worked on them to get Revan.

But if at the end of the grind Revan’s Leader Ability also works with the Old Republic toons, at least all the grinding and spending will be worth it as the recently worked on toons can be plugged into Revans team. This would be a win for the community!

If not, then you bit the hands of those that feed you. My two cents.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    I am on course to unlock him in time and I would much rather a Revan that can Flow into a Jedi team or better yet bring a friend and run with the triumphant and just run the Old republic team as an extra team for TB/TW/Raids

I only whaled on him because I can see a Christmas Hero’s Fall and we get Darth Revan who combined with Treya will Crush things for the future.... but thatsvthe game you take.