[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• So I keep seeing everyone referring to only mega krackens unlocking revan... I guess I misunderstand the terms.
    Yes F2P likely wont make it unless theyve been hoarding Crystal for months hoping and waiting.

HOWEVER... I watched Ahnald vid the first time whaling out and unlocking Jango. He spent $300 on one toon. Do you realize that's about what it'll cost to 7☆ all 5 new republic toons and unlock Revan? The krackens spent $1500+ unlocking all the marquee toons when they first released, and now anyone who wants to whale one time can get all 5 and revan for $300.

Don't believe me? $300 is 45,000 crystal. That's 64 pack purchases of the old republic toons. Let's say ya wanna save some crystal and just buy 50 packs. Thats a minimum of 500 shards, likely closer to 650 or 700. If you already have the toons at 3☆ from marquee you need 280 shards each. If you get the minimum you'll likely have all toons at 6☆ or nearly. If you get lucky you could have all at 7☆. Now you'll have 10k crystal leftover to use for farming traditionally and you can make it in time, especially if they announce some double drops
  • JustBeingReal
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    You could fix this by having a dev in here talking to the players
  • I think the only reason people are farming OR (with the exception of Basstilla) is for revan.
  • shb
    49 posts Member
    There have been a few changes over the last few months that have not felt very good to me. Now, after reading the Revan announcements and considering my options. I'm faced for the first time, looking at new content, and I'm supposed to feel excited, but I just don't.
    I just feel disappointed, disgusted, dejected. Playing KotOR was one of my favorite experiences. And I was really excited when they came to SWGOH. I expected Revan would eventually make it and started farming and spending right away. My love an excitement was on an upward trajectory. And then yesterday, it all came crashing down in a way I have never felt before.
    And I realized, I don't love the game anymore. So I had to update my rating to reflect my impressions.
    I don't hate it, it's just ok.
    I may go back to hearthstone. Idk, I'm in a weird place and I don't like it.
  • You could fix this by having a dev in here talking to the players

:D:D
  • So long, and thanks for the fish...

;)
  • It's only fully pay to play if this is the only time they run the event.

Stop exaggerating.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • In the interest of having an actual discussion related to this, I suggest people go watch CFH's video regarding the paywall on YouTube. He expresses many of our concerns in a more productive manner and hopefully it generates hundreds of thousands, if not millions of views. It's not just us minnows and FTP'ers that are frustrated. There are people with test accounts etc that still think this is excessive.

I'm all for having content that is more "whale" directed initially, they after all pay for most of what goes into this game. However; this is a potential game-changing/Meta-shifting character that is essentially exclusive to whales who already occupy many of the most lucrative spots in all of our shards. And even unlike Traya who took some serious effort and time to 7* through HSTR, they'll be running Revan 7* minutes/hours after the event launches.

I'm willing to wait to unlock him, as OR is relatively high on my target farm list, but I'm curious to see the kit to see if it'll be another CLS/RJT/Traya OP-level, or a Chewbacca near-bust.
  • Get it the second time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • How does JTR synergise with the vets and noone seems to complain about that anymore...?
  • I was pretty chill I thought. I was far more vitriolic over past events, I mean, there's been some kitteny moves by CG this year, especially early on. I was even thankful that this is the way the event went down, no need to spend.

But now, being "@EA_corrected", I guess I see no reason to keep it chill.

Outside of this simply being a (temporarily) exclusive toon for whales (and maybe a couple of hyper prepared f2per's and dolphins) it just doesn't make sense. You almost want it to just be greed, or whatever, as a company they do need to make $. It's expected.

But this move doesn't accomplish that. It literally separates a segment of the player base. If the Revann kit breaks the current meta, as expected, this will be the first full on Pay-to-win move CG's done.

On top of, lets admit, them trying to 'communicate better' having just full on fallen through the floor. @Kyno is by far superior to managing communication with the community, and as bee for some time - that dude needs to get paid!

TL:DR; CG seems to have been flailing for about a year now. I guess it's making them money, but it's looking more and more unprofessional and seat-of-the pants as it spins about....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I must agree with the CFH game-changer's video is very good. It is showing both sides actually.

In Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes yesterday uncle Palpatine called out order 66. The force got imbalanced.
  • A better drop rate would be helpful. I did all 16 attempts and got one Bastila shard today. One yesterday. No Mission yet today. Completely drains all fun.

I couldn’t agree more. It’s sugar honey iced tea
  • EA_Lanna
    623 posts EA Community Manager
    Ok, removed some more posts. Folks, my post was not an invitation to discuss moderation or the rules nor was is an opening to dish out insults so let's leave them out of it please.

I also think there's a mix up here. I'm a Forum Moderator so I cannot implement any changes you request nor will I have any information for you. My job here is to moderate the forums to ensure the rules are upheld for health and wellbeing of the community. If the rules are being broken, it's Moderators who come in to clean up. So there's no point in breaking the the rules, it'll only end up in your own moderation.

This will be my last public posts. We will have to apply posting restrictions and timeouts going forward.
  • I feel like double drops could help ease this pain. Double drops on each required character's node and maybe temporarily add them to the galactic war rewards and make those double drop as well. It's been a while since we've had a game-wide double drop event and it would certainly get me to spend some crystals. It probably wouldn't get many more people ready than were going to be without spending money, but at least it would help set us up for next round.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    So I keep seeing everyone referring to only mega krackens unlocking revan... I guess I misunderstand the terms.
    Yes F2P likely wont make it unless theyve been hoarding Crystal for months hoping and waiting.

HOWEVER... I watched Ahnald vid the first time whaling out and unlocking Jango. He spent $300 on one toon. Do you realize that's about what it'll cost to 7☆ all 5 new republic toons and unlock Revan? The krackens spent $1500+ unlocking all the marquee toons when they first released, and now anyone who wants to whale one time can get all 5 and revan for $300.

Don't believe me? $300 is 45,000 crystal. That's 64 pack purchases of the old republic toons. Let's say ya wanna save some crystal and just buy 50 packs. Thats a minimum of 500 shards, likely closer to 650 or 700. If you already have the toons at 3☆ from marquee you need 280 shards each. If you get the minimum you'll likely have all toons at 6☆ or nearly. If you get lucky you could have all at 7☆. Now you'll have 10k crystal leftover to use for farming traditionally and you can make it in time, especially if they announce some double drops

What on earth are you talking about? What packs are you buying to get all 5 to 7* for $300?

If you are referring to the two character bundle packs, they are a purchase limit of one.....
  • I understand free to play players or those who don’t want to spend a lot would be frustrated. But what they need to understand is this game would not exist without the whales. The whales investing money into the game pays for development, support and he ability for the game to continue to evolve. I personally hope Revan is game changing and meta defining and only a fraction of the player base can obtain him initially. In my opinion the whales are due a bigger advantage for awhile.

If free to play players can always compete at the top 50 with the spenders, that is what is bad for the game. It chases and frustrated the whales, the ones that make this game possible.

My advice to CG, keep it up and make sure Revan truly is meta defining, not just another chewie.
  • Maybe, like CLS last year, they will bring back Revan for Christmas, so hold on ;)
  • im looking for a guild-mate for the Game-Changer-Interview with EACarries, where she said after the RJT-Desaster, there will be no more Panic farm in the future… but i can't find it. but anyway. That makes me ask: what is her word worth? They fool us so much…
  • SWGOH Devs: Man! They loved our Jedi Revan tease! Morale in the community is at an all time high for the year, if not the entire life of the game! This is amazing. Let's let them know how soon they'll be able to get him!

Old Ben felt a disturbance in the Force... As if everyone but whales and krackens (and even some of them are not impressed to be perfectly clear) suddenly lost ALL positive feelings they had towards the game and the developers... I've slept on it, I've processed it. I get it, you all got to make money and Revan certainly seems like a great way to do so... But man... I don't know if you're just dense and don't realize the timing is absolutely TERRIBLE for F2P players or what. Even if they have been hitting the grind the second these toons became available... They're not going to make it. They'll be lucky to hit 6* by the time the event is here, and that's likely with buying the packs.... Then they're still hundreds of shards short of 7*. If they're on the newer side of things, they're probably not going to have gear and ability tokens laying around to just beef up all 5 characters because we certainly know 7* alone will not be enough. Also got to have those training droids, and the 7 million credits each to level them to 85... I mean... Just wow. You all deserve all the crap you're getting for this. I feel if you ran this by even a small target audience you'd have avoided this debacle. Congratulations on absolutely destroying the hype and goodwill you generated with the Revan tease. It's truly impressive that you could take it from so high to absolute rock bottom. Even your GameChangers are expressing disgust. I wonder how much more they'd say in their videos if they didn't have to toe the company line in order to continue getting information early enough to share it with us all. Watch CubsFanHan when he saw the Jedi Revan trailer... Watch his most recent video after you announced the rest of the details... In some effort to add SOME humor to this post, I don't know if posting a link to all the times Own Wilson has ever said "wow" would be enough to express the "wow" I'm feeling watching how DEJECTED and DEFEATED he looks. That's your playerbase CG... You've gone and made a mess of things. Hope you have some plan to fix it.
  • Personally the cadence doesnt bother me. I know that it will take me minimum 3 months to get close and probably 6 months to get Revan.
    What i am annoyed about is the non compliance with Revans hietory and story. Facts which obviously werent checked in the making.
    And in addition the name of the final charfter should be Grey Jedi Revan or Jedi Exile Revan since he was only a Jedi Knight in his early years.
    The mask idea all wrong. The !ocations and characters were not even in same team imelines.
    Now if theyd got the story right then rest is just how this always was.
    My problem with many in the community is their needs for instant obtaining of characters.. Sorry it takes time

Praise for EA.. On notice of ep 9 pushed back youve stepped up and provided future content great. Glad youve not gone the instant gratification route. Yes some will have to have him first time. But we the majority can wait.
  • I dont mind admitting I dropped $100 on crystals for this. Got nearly all my OR toons to 6☆ with that. If they do double drops I should be very very close to ready when the event starts, and might need to buy some packs but hopefully not. For me the crystal drop rate in packs was worth it, with 10-330 shards for 700 crystals that means its 100 crystal cheaper (or better) for 10 shards than buying from shipments
  • After over 2 years this was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I can't believe I'm doing it but I told my guild and my shard I'm quitting. It's sad because of all the time, dedication and over $1000s of dollars I've spent but this cash grab broke me. I understand businesses has got to make money but if anyone knows about gaming then they would truly see how we all have been exploited over the years. Either get this shiny new toon or fall out of ranks and other areas of the game. I'm so glad to be going back to consoles and PC. Can't understand why the Devs did this for SMH.
  • zegene wrote: »
    LOL! As you did, someone can shows up and ask for 2 months delay. So whats the point of this post really? Tell me any game that is scheduled for player demands.

CG has shown that they react to player concerns. I've made my point that it would make a difference in money for CG and player satisfaction. Now they can just ignore that or discuss it internaly and maybe adjust their decision.

With all due respect, ppl are behaving like CG doesn't know what they're doing and scheduling events left and right, like a drunken sailor. The truth is , they can't - they are bound by a tight schedule, which is approved by higher ups and all is waged and factored in - the main goal being revenue gains. No sense to give them the benefit of the doubt, because they're just pushing the envelope to see how far they can go, any "producer" does that, until clients rebel.

Players always were discontent with any form of panic farming and showed it on forums, we reached new hights, but every company running a f2p title factors this backlash into collateral. Hurt them in the wallet, they will notice and adjust; shout and pout on forum - they will shrug it off. But that's the MO for every company like that, it's the norm and reality, get used to it.
  • Ravifer wrote: »
    How does JTR synergise with the vets and noone seems to complain about that anymore...?

We had a little more time for RJT is mainly the reason. But to your point, you are correct. They aren’t used outside of maybe smuggler events although most have better Scoundrels than those two.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    I'm hopeful Raven synergizes like Thrawn, CLS, & Enfs Nest with my other meta characters

I think he will
  • OP, you are deluding yourself badly. The ENTIRE GAME is basically slots with a backstory. Gambling is present every single time you spend a sim ticket! Come of your horse, and honestly take a look at yourself. Is it really gambling you have a problem with? No, it's the uncertainty of where to farm. Prioritizing your limited resources is the very CORE of this game! You are literally complaining about the core mechanic.

I would suggest that a better windmill to tilt at would be the giant velvet rope around Revan, preventing all those without hundreds to spend for having any chance of admittance. The balance between F2P and P2W is NOT a core mechanic of the game, and would likely resolve your problem more effectively than your proposed solution.
  • Foxer wrote: »
    I am on course to unlock him in time and I would much rather a Revan that can Flow into a Jedi team or better yet bring a friend and run with the triumphant and just run the Old republic team as an extra team for TB/TW/Raids

I only whaled on him because I can see a Christmas Hero’s Fall and we get Darth Revan who combined with Treya will Crush things for the future.... but thatsvthe game you take.

I do think he will synergize with Jedi but like how some toons like BH also synergize with Scoundrels for Leadership, I hope it states “Jedi and Old Republic allys gain” text with his Leader Ability.