[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• No one told you to farm Solo. It was clear Revan was going to be coming eventually with all the KOTOR guys, and Solo wasn't that big of a movie.

And no one is saying you have to spend money. I'm FTP. I'm trying to get JTR, BB8 7*, Bounty Hunters, and now KOTOR. But i'm fine with it.
  • Shan and Jolee was added to hard nodes on September 12, the other 3 were added around September 26th.

It easy to say “just get them the next time or don’t complain”. That’s like calling someone crazy to just be dismissive and not want to hear what they are trying to say.

As a 3 year player who has never missed out on an event and has spent money on this game in the past. To release 5 toons on hard nodes and release an event barley a month later that requires those 5 toons is really sad on the developers part.

I don’t mind spending money...but when I have to spend $200 dollars just to “try” and get a new toon is really crazy. Even with double drops the majority of players will in fact have to spend money if they want Revan. Now there are players that have hoarded crystals to prepare..but those players make up a very small percentage of players who do well in both arenas.

Me for one I don’t teally worry about ships but I do however get rank 1/2/3 every Day religiously. It’s very possible Revan will become meta so to miss out on him the first time may make your arena climb a little more tedious than it might normally be. Also waiting til the 2nd time he comes and the meta will have already changed. It happened with Rey and it will happen again. That’s why people are upset.

The real problem that no one is talking about is...will this become the new norm??

Relaseing multiple toons..add them to hard nodes only then release an event that requires those toons a single month later? Like really? Is that the new business model?

Unfortunately the players have no say so we can either pay to get caught up or do without cause we missed the event.

No matter what side of the argument you’re on...both sides can agree that releasing an event a month after Old Republic toons were added to hard nodes is really lame! I’d like to add that I started farming Old Republic toons the day they were released and I’m still gonna have to panic farm. It’s quite sad considering I’ve spent 3 years and money already to progress my roster to where it is today. Hopeing to make sure I had a fully geared team for each faction Incase events like this came around.

EA...you guys are wrong for this but whatever. This is just one persons opinion. I understand money makes the game stay around. My question is how much money does it really take? Dropping a full Old Republic squad into hard nodes then a month later have an event that requires them isn’t even close to enough time for people like me who spend $50 a month or a free to play player.

To get them 7* is just the tip of the discussion...getting them G12 is another but.....whatever.

Like I said this is just a 3 year swgoh players opinion.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Hotsauce wrote: »
    I understand free to play players or those who don’t want to spend a lot would be frustrated. But what they need to understand is this game would not exist without the whales. The whales investing money into the game pays for development, support and he ability for the game to continue to evolve. I personally hope Revan is game changing and meta defining and only a fraction of the player base can obtain him initially. In my opinion the whales are due a bigger advantage for awhile.

If free to play players can always compete at the top 50 with the spenders, that is what is bad for the game. It chases and frustrated the whales, the ones that make this game possible.

My advice to CG, keep it up and make sure Revan truly is meta defining, not just another chewie.

I'm hardly free to play but I still have to disagree here on the sole point of how soon this was released after the Chewbacca event. F2P players rely on being able to save up crystals between events but even if it was not following the Bounty Hunter panic farm, there are still 6 characters that are needed at 7 star for this that are recent additions to farm. Look at the thread on Post your Panic Farm details and see the outrageuos number of crystals needed for everyone.
  • Also a little disappointed as I am in similar place w/ OP. I bought all of the $10 packs when they dropped and have been farming since I could w/ 1 refresh each per day to get and am about 50/85 on all of them. Would need to buy all the new packs and possibly more crystals to do on first go round. So while I don't mind spending some $$ and I did up front I'm pretty disappointed that I can't complete. I would gladly buy another pack if I could get close but I don't see how its possible so now I wish I didn't give them them the first $50. Sigh.
  • For true fans of KoTOR, Revan has been highly sought after in SWGOH. The pure emotions from hearing that Revan is being added to the game was a top 10 moment for those who love the old republic lore. Most were excited to farm and to spend a bit to unlock Revan at a minimum of 5*. However, now that this legendary event was changed into a Hero's journey, the wind has been completely taken out of our sails. My since of pride and accomplishment is no longer attainable anytime soon.
    The reason we dont like marquee evens is that for most players not being able to use a character at 3* simply doesn't generate any type of excitement for us. By the time the marquees are added to a hard node farm, then farmed, the toon is no longer relevant. Now this new model, of pay to win only, not only does it delay the gratification of the new release, it flat out angers me. I'm a day one player and I've always had a since that if I farmed hard that the end goal was attainable. Not so much any more. Simply heart broken over the choices that are being made here.
  • Hotsauce
    18 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Varlie wrote: »
    I'm hardly free to play but I still have to disagree here on the sole point of how soon this was released after the Chewbacca event. F2P players rely on being able to save up crystals between events but even if it was not following the Bounty Hunter panic farm, there are still 6 characters that are needed at 7 star for this that are recent additions to farm. Look at the thread on Post your Panic Farm details and see the outrageuos number of crystals needed for everyone.

You seemed to have missed my point. I don’t think free to play players should have had a chance at this event. It should be whale only and hopefully it does define a new meta that only the whales get for the next few months. They deserve it, again this game only exists because of them.
  • I thought Malak was coming first before Revan
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    1. They have to be able to pay for the game.
    2. He will be essentially free the second time around.
    3. Ive never gotten anyone but Chewie the first time around and I have still done just fine for myself. No body parts have fallen off, my wife didnt leave me, and my release day XBOX 360 has still never gotten the red ring of death.
    4. You will live.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Hotsauce wrote: »
    They deserve it, again this game only exists because of them.

You're half right, the game only exists because of whales AND f2p. Without the f2p the whales wouldn't spend.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm cool with P2W (so long as people are spending responsibly for their personal situations) so I'm okay with it being somewhat exclusive. My issue is that there is a loyal playerbase that is made up of dolphins (and even some minnows and strict F2P) that have been planning for this and spent a non-trivial amount trying to get these toons ready but the paywall was set too high.

It didn't need to be that high CG.
  • Does the requirement of using QGJ in arena mean he just has to be on the team? Or he has to be in the leader slot?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    1. It was never a legendary toon
    2. Free to Play always had to wait a few months to 7* a toon and having a 3* marquee followed by 6 months to 7* is no different than waiting 6 months to get a toon instantly 7* a second time around
    3. People who pay have always been able to get a toon earlier at 7* the model hasn’t changed. It’s been a pay to get a few months of advantage model for over a year
    4. Get him the next time he’s available it’s not like he will never be available in the game
  • Wow, it doesn't take much with some.people.....

1- Revan was never announced as a legendary.
    2- He hasn't been announced as a hero's journey either
    3- This event will likely be back around January, you can get him then

• Ultra wrote: »
    1. It was never a legendary toon
    2. Free to Play always had to wait a few months to 7* a toon and having a 3* marquee followed by 6 months to 7* is no different than waiting 6 months to get a toon instantly 7* a second time around
    3. People who pay have always been able to get a toon earlier at 7* the model hasn’t changed. It’s been a pay to get a few months of advantage model for over a year
    4. Get him the next time he’s available it’s not like he will never be available in the game
    Having a 3* toon and not being able to use a toon at all is a big difference

• Hotsauce wrote: »

You seemed to have missed my point. I don’t think free to play players should have had a chance at this event. It should be whale only and hopefully it does define a new meta that only the whales get for the next few months. They deserve it, again this game only exists because of them.

And suddenly when there are only whales in the ocean, they can enjoy swapping top 10 because nobody else plays the game... That's actually a terrible design philosophy. My thanks to the whales, but it should not guarentee them a meta that only they can participate in for any period of time.
  • Honestly, the panic farming thing is getting old. I probably won't be getting Revan until next year. This is probably a blatant attempt to get people to spend money impulsively as EA likes people to do. Either way, your rep is being harmed severely.
  • Hotsauce wrote: »

You’re describing pay to win.
  • *entitlement detector goes ping*
  • Every time you sim you get RNG drops, it's the same when buying. No one is forcing you to gamble anything, don't spend real money.

Grind out a different character for now and worry about this later. It's not the end of the world. Many of us won't get Raven and most of us will spend years grinding other legendary toons and hard node toons. This is what a free player does.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Uhh.. Defenders are here... Just go along with CG and let us complain.
    They always made events reasonable. This one isn't, so CG has to take the **** for that.

I'm no defender, thought the Chewie event was ridiculous.... How is this event different.than any of the other first run events?
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Wow, it doesn't take much with some.people.....

I'm pretty sure it says Hero's Journey in the dev post.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    lmao
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Wow, it doesn't take much with some.people.....

I'm pretty sure it says Hero's Journey in the dev post.

Nope.....
  • For true fans of KoTOR, Revan has been highly sought after in SWGOH. The pure emotions from hearing that Revan is being added to the game was a top 10 moment for those who love the old republic lore. Most were excited to farm and to spend a bit to unlock Revan at a minimum of 5*. However, now that this legendary event was changed into a Hero's journey, the wind has been completely taken out of our sails. My since of pride and accomplishment is no longer attainable anytime soon.
    The reason we dont like marquee evens is that for most players not being able to use a character at 3* simply doesn't generate any type of excitement for us. By the time the marquees are added to a hard node farm, then farmed, the toon is no longer relevant. Now this new model, of pay to win only, not only does it delay the gratification of the new release, it flat out angers me. I'm a day one player and I've always had a since that if I farmed hard that the end goal was attainable. Not so much any more. Simply heart broken over the choices that are being made here.

Good characters are certainly not irrelevant once they are farmable. I just finished Bossk and he is awesome. Get over it and get in in a few months like everyone else who failed to prepare correctly.

• I've discussed this before, but with the release of Sith Fighter, we REALLY need more fleet energy! Seriously, we have multiple farms that are Fleet exclusive (and more incoming I bet), and if the devs ever respond, I'm sure they'll say something like "Well, you could have farmed OR toons with fleet energy and regular energy" (Which I have been doing, and guess what? I'm still way short, but back on topic).
    We definitely need another 45 bonus energy (afternoon makes perfect sense).
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    f2p usually don't get the goods first time around. while I am among the disappointed who thought they were gonna get a 5* revan, oh well. nothing to see here
  • I'd pay if I knew the path, if I understood why Revan is required, but we just had Chewie, we have had our toons distributed but without a path forward... meaning does Revan lead to C3PO which leads to Jedi Luke Skywalker? If I understood that, being a multi-thousand $$ whale, I might go for revan but I've neglected revan for the more current toons that have dominated the game. I can't and I'm talking with several whale guilds on discord and reddit justify getting revan when I have so many counters, and if revan is key to unlocking jedi Luke, or shown the need and value, I most certainly would purchase, so I'm not a dolphin on the fence, I'm in a group of whales trying to decide which path beaches us or which path leads to justification of the investment. I love this game, I'm asking for more clarification as to "invest" or not.
  • Shan and Jolee were added to hard nodes around September 12th...the other 3 Old Republic toons were added around September 26th.

No matter what side of the argument you’re on, one thing we can all agree with is: A legendary event that is released not even a month after all 5 Old Republic toons were put on hard nodes is really sad.

I’ve played this game for 3 years and always farmed hard mode toons the day they were released and I’m still short for the event. I’ve spent money in the past but I’m thinking of not spending this go around. In some small way to me it’s kinda like giving them the finger. As a player that has never missed out on an event because I spent time and money farming each faction...without spending about $200 bucks this month I’ll miss out and I’m starting to feel ok about that.

And I thought farming both vets was bad last year...but this panic farm blew that assumption out of the water.

You have to wonder...is this the new norm?