[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Oh come on OP... there are plenty of good reasons to be upset with CG, but this is ridiculous. You're mad you chose the wrong farm because they didnt give you their one year plan?

There was never, to my knowledge, any reason to believe Solo toons would be needed for something more, other than pure speculation from the players. You chose wrong, get over it, it happens to us all.
  • To be honest, I think they should just make a single type energy and if simply adjust attempt costs and attempt refresh costs to make some farms more expensive than others. Four different types of energy is really pushing it. If you can't fit something into a single status bar, perhaps you've overcomplicated things a bit too much?
  • I think it's fair to complain...I'm a day one player too and mostly f2p, I managed to get cls first time around because I had farmed wisely and I managed to get jtr first time around after spending around £50 to get the vets and FO for bb8 on his second time around, and also spent quite a lot to get nihilus as soon as I could. I don't expect to be able to to get every legendary/hero at 7 star first time around every time (I didn't get 7 star chewie ep r2d2 thrawn or yoda first time) but I would happily shell out another £50 if I thought it'd get me revan who is one of my most anticipated toons in this game like many others. I've been farming old republic since they were made farmable for this and still will have to spend around £300 if I want to get him this time around which is an absurd amount of money to pay for a small part of a game. From looking at the forums I think a lot of people are in this position meaning a lot of people won't bother spending when the paywall is ridiculously steep, maybe we should call for a boycott, if no unlocks revan first time around maybe the pay walls will decline!

I'm fine with getting revan second time around, it's not the end of the world but the steepness of the paywall and falling further and further behind will surely lose a lot of part time spenders and f2p players
  • even tho i farmed the solo toons thinking maybe we will get a legendary Solo movie character, i'm fine with the investment i made. Reason is because those toons are all viable in arena, TB, and TW. So it wasn't a waste and if there is some legendary content down the line for them, i'll be ready to get it. I should have started farming the Kotor characters as soon as they were released because it would have meant either getting Malak or Revan down the line. I didn't farm them but I'm ok with that because it gives me something to work towards. I got my 7* chewbacca because of the work i put into my BH's. I feel good about that accomplishment and that my work paid off. I'll feel good when my work pays off to get Revan the next time it comes around. This Heroes journey is end game content and its something you need to work towards. I actually like that not many will be able to get him right away, because it would have been disappointing if half the player base got him at 7* right away. So few will get him that it won't mess up arena a ton and we can all see how he does in the raids and arena from those who do have him. We can store up the gear to get him to g12 when his event comes around again next time.
  • Shan and Jolee were added to hard nodes around September 12th...the other 3 Old Republic toons were added around September 26th.

No matter what side of the argument you’re on, one thing we can all agree with is: A legendary event that is released not even a month after all 5 Old Republic toons were put on hard nodes is really sad.

I’ve played this game for 3 years and always farmed hard mode toons the day they were released and I’m still short for the event. I’ve spent money in the past but I’m thinking of not spending this go around. In some small way to me it’s kinda like giving them the finger. As a player that has never missed out on an event because I spent time and money farming each faction...without spending about $200 bucks this month I’ll miss out and I’m starting to feel ok about that.

And I thought farming both vets was bad last year...but this panic farm blew that assumption out of the water.

You have to wonder...is this the new norm?

Vets weren’t that bad. I managed them without shelling out any cash but i had to supplement cantina with shipments by shelling out all your SA and FA crystals. It was still manageable back then.

Now, this one requires 5 toons. That is a total lowball move. It doesnt matter if u had bastilla and jolee to 7*, the other 3 will still slow you down and it is just not possible to supplement with shipments on 3 toons.
  • False. There is still 1/3 of the status bar unoccupied. And I would say it's a little unnecessary to have said status bar also 1/3 occupied by my own Screen Name and a massive blue bar that simply screams "Max" or "##" when it could easily be placed elsewhere or reduced.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    raybron99 wrote: »
    For true fans of KoTOR, Revan has been highly sought after in SWGOH. The pure emotions from hearing that Revan is being added to the game was a top 10 moment for those who love the old republic lore. Most were excited to farm and to spend a bit to unlock Revan at a minimum of 5*. However, now that this legendary event was changed into a Hero's journey, the wind has been completely taken out of our sails. My since of pride and accomplishment is no longer attainable anytime soon.
    The reason we dont like marquee evens is that for most players not being able to use a character at 3* simply doesn't generate any type of excitement for us. By the time the marquees are added to a hard node farm, then farmed, the toon is no longer relevant. Now this new model, of pay to win only, not only does it delay the gratification of the new release, it flat out angers me. I'm a day one player and I've always had a since that if I farmed hard that the end goal was attainable. Not so much any more. Simply heart broken over the choices that are being made here.

Good characters are certainly not irrelevant once they are farmable. I just finished Bossk and he is awesome. Get over it and get in in a few months like everyone else who failed to prepare correctly.

That very much depends on whether his power level will be closer to post-rework Palpatine or Traya. If he is more like Palpy, there will be his "Bastila" by the time the event returns, so he will no longer be meta-defining. And if he is Traya-level OP, it's a whole another can of worms...
  • Please post thoughts, because it does matter to all
  • Amused every time I see people say something along the lines of ‘paying keeps the game running’. As if it justifies tremendously frequent and/or large monetized bundles.

How on earth did companies like Nintendo with their cheap NES ever make their legacy without charging 300$+ every other day for stuff? *sarcasm implied*

Seriously folks. Is it that ‘cool’ to be mindless sheep? So easily persuaded to defended a system that surely makes no other sense than to milk you as dry as a desert.

It’s okay though... keep thinking they’re barely keeping the lights on, and they desperately need your mortgage payments to stay afloat. Ignorance is surely bliss I see.
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    Why would revan be needed for jedi Luke? They have zero connection. People fretting way too much. If you're a whale, what does it matter if it's needed or not, you'll get him anyways. Ultimately no hero has been a let down so far, why would the third be any different
  • They weren’t even around during the same timeline. So why on earth would he be necessary for Luke or anyone else for that matter who is completely unrelated to KotOR?

Think.
  • Since you’re a whale, you can wait till his kit is released before you decide whether or not to invest in the faction packs.
  • Cossin wrote: »
    I call it now after rereading the announcement: it's a LEGENDARY and we're all fussing. Free bad PR is still free PR ;-)
    If there is any consistency in how they are wording the announcements, it is always 100% saying HERO'S JOURNEY and in case of Rey's TO FULLY COMPLETE.

Why would they word it as "you need those XYZ to complete this event and get a 7* Revan?"

JTR and CLS from the initial announcement:

JTR's event was worded like this:
    "You will need to have 7-star versions of each of the following characters to fully complete the Rey’s Hero’s Journey event"

CLS's event:
    "This Rebel Hero will unlock this August through the Hero's Journey event as a seven star character. To unlock Commander Skywalker, players will require the following Characters at seven stars: "

Well this isnt a Heroes Journey but doesnt mean you dont need 7* characters to complete...this is obviously something new but similar.
  • Nema wrote: »
    Why would revan be needed for jedi Luke? They have zero connection. People fretting way too much. If you're a whale, what does it matter if it's needed or not, you'll get him anyways. Ultimately no hero has been a let down so far, why would the third be any different

Because I can counter pretty much any squad in arena, so at this point I'm a no on the getting revan this time, Warrior makes a good point for both dolphins and whales on the fence, I would have bought, and I might buy both if I see the need and why I cant wait but haveny so idk. Currently I'm not going to buy revan, nor is most of the whales i know, but if I knew why hes needed now, I might. That's the point, whales have pretty much every toon at a high gear, but so far it's made sense as to why we shouldn't or cant wait. I look at this and think ehh, so valuable by itself sure, needed for the game.... idk
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    So funny, everyone getting upset - they have done this before (phoenix for Thrawn or Vets & BB8 for JTR) - they want us all to panic farm and spend money on crystals and packs - this is a business and they are making money.

I won't get Revan - been waiting for him since day one (started playing back in Nov 2015), and can honestly say I wont get him. This time, but will pick away at farming Old Republic and get him soon enough, like I have CLS, Thrawn, JTR, Chewie etc etc etc.

No need to get upset, just focus, take a breather and get him when you can - no big deal.
  • I just have to ask, if you are F2P, do you really expect to be able to get new content the second it comes out? If that was how new content worked, would there be anyone paying any money for the game? This isn't the first time that this has happened. It happened on CLS and JTR. I'm just at a loss reading all these responses. I don't know of a single game where you can play it for free and get early access to content. Please someone explain to me the logic of being upset here. I honestly do not get it. Most of the posts seem to just say the same thing. "We are upset you made it so if we want to get this character we really want right now, we have to spend a lot of money".

Let's examine the above. If you really want this character, but don't want to spend the money, then you need to take your time, farm and get him next time he shows up. In project management, you have 3 variables, time, effort and money. If you want to shorten the time, you have to increase the money or effort involved. If you want to spend less money, you have to increase the time. All the complaints I see just make me think that the player base is greedy and wants something for nothing. I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm just saying this is how things look to me as a peer in my opinion.
  • If anything, Revan may lead to Malak or Darth Revan. No way would you have connection to Skywalker line, the story lines are 1000s of years apart from each other.
    I can see Jedi Revan paired with Malak, which in turn may lead to Darth Revan ( fully depends on which Revan this Jedi Revan is. Revan at the time of the Mandalorian war, when he was with Malak both as Jedi or after he turned and was rescued by Bastila and company and he faced off against Malak )
    Any way you look at it, Revan may lead to other characters ( and ship mind you the Ebonhawk ) but will be in the timeline of KOTOR
  • No I know it doesnt fit the cannon or timeline, I was just trying to point out, how does getting revan lead on a path I should invest in now?
  • 100 € for 1 character is to expensive 300 € lol no thx next event ftp ok
  • TrowaJedi wrote: »
    I just have to ask, if you are F2P, do you really expect to be able to get new content the second it comes out? If that was how new content worked, would there be anyone paying any money for the game? This isn't the first time that this has happened. It happened on CLS and JTR. I'm just at a loss reading all these responses. I don't know of a single game where you can play it for free and get early access to content. Please someone explain to me the logic of being upset here. I honestly do not get it. Most of the posts seem to just say the same thing. "We are upset you made it so if we want to get this character we really want right now, we have to spend a lot of money".

Let's examine the above. If you really want this character, but don't want to spend the money, then you need to take your time, farm and get him next time he shows up. In project management, you have 3 variables, time, effort and money. If you want to shorten the time, you have to increase the money or effort involved. If you want to spend less money, you have to increase the time. All the complaints I see just make me think that the player base is greedy and wants something for nothing. I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm just saying this is how things look to me as a peer in my opinion.

Problem is that even dolphins and maybe some smaller whales can't do this.
  • I thought whales buy every single new toon in this game regardless of their meta worthiness just because they can...
  • Turvantus wrote: »
    Amused every time I see people say something along the lines of ‘paying keeps the game running’. As if it justifies tremendously frequent and/or large monetized bundles.

How on earth did companies like Nintendo with their cheap NES ever make their legacy without charging 300$+ every other day for stuff? *sarcasm implied*

Seriously folks. Is it that ‘cool’ to be mindless sheep? So easily persuaded to defended a system that surely makes no other sense than to milk you as dry as a desert.

It’s okay though... keep thinking they’re barely keeping the lights on, and they desperately need your mortgage payments to stay afloat. Ignorance is surely bliss I see.

I will agree that they are hardly "just keeping the lights on", they have a full team of financial analysts that work in tandem with the devs and other management and run studies to maximize profits for shareholders..... That his big corporations work, there is no secret there.... I'm not defending, nor am I admonishing CG, it just is what it is.

It's not cool to be mindless sheep, but it's also not cool to demand everything for free, have no patience and expect to get the latest greatest new and shiny at the same time as those willing to shell out coin for it.

I don't support corporate greed, but I'm not a huge fan of whiny entitlement either. The fact is, the prices are what they are because people are paying them, and this is the model they have found makes them more money for their shareholders...

What it really boils down to is this is the game we have.... Each and every new release is going to be like this, so folks either need to accept it, move on, or advocate for change in a LOGICAL manner... People who claim to have "lost their will", claiming they are quitting every time an event comes out or the usual crowd I see on here that has absolutely nothing good to say about the game, yet comes here to say something daily won't (and shouldn't be) taken seriously.....
  • Hotsauce wrote: »
    I understand free to play players or those who don’t want to spend a lot would be frustrated. But what they need to understand is this game would not exist without the whales. The whales investing money into the game pays for development, support and he ability for the game to continue to evolve. I personally hope Revan is game changing and meta defining and only a fraction of the player base can obtain him initially. In my opinion the whales are due a bigger advantage for awhile.

If free to play players can always compete at the top 50 with the spenders, that is what is bad for the game. It chases and frustrated the whales, the ones that make this game possible.

My advice to CG, keep it up and make sure Revan truly is meta defining, not just another chewie.

Are you serious? I would sort of understand if you said top 5, but top 50 isn't even that high a rank. It would be catastrophic for the game if FTP players couldn't compete in the top 50. Whales pay for an advantage, not for a 100% guarantee that they will dominate. If there was no chance of competing in top 50 as FTP a ton of players would quit. In the past this game has been relatively friendly towards FTP, which it what has kept it healthy, but most of us see that things have been moving in a different direction as of late. My advice to CG, turn this ship around before you alienate the entire player base. There is no more good will left to spare here.

• Vorgen wrote: »
    I thought whales buy every single new toon in this game regardless of their meta worthiness just because they can...

Wow, a large group of high paying players want to understand the investment and then there are players trolling. How bored do you have to be to troll this thread?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Just on the team.
  • Everyone wanted new content and they got it. The game is on year 3. Now that everyone got their content they're starting to fall behind. This is given as a game gets older, especially when new players join and try to catch up. The reality is, you can't get everything now unless you pay. All those complaining that they needed content so fast got their wish. It's just going to get worse from here on out.
  • This wouldn't surprise me as the 'Road Ahead':

18th-25th - Revan, needing 5 7* OR toons
    26th-3rd - C3PO, needing 5 7*, g12 Ewoks
    4th - 10th - Grevious rework, legendary, needing all 5 clones at g12
    11th to 18th - Jedi Luke, needing 7* CLS, Hyoda, CHS, ROLO, Chewbacca,

Happy Thanksgiving :D
  • casper1jr wrote: »
    Everyone wanted new content and they got it. The game is on year 3. Now that everyone got their content they're starting to fall behind. This is given as a game gets older, especially when new players join and try to catch up. The reality is, you can't get everything now unless you pay. All those complaining that they needed content so fast got their wish. It's just going to get worse from here on out.

I agree, why hasnt the most iconic toon of the SW universe not been released yet?? This many years in? Bcuz of exactly what you said. That's my point, it's to a stage of pick a faction, the choices are vast, and p2p are going to stop if they have several other factions on a counter