The Revan farm is actually on the easier side of legendary events (food for thought)

Prev134
I know the issue here is that most of you can't get the (free) instant satisfaction you demand, but as far as heroic journeys go Revan is hands down the quickest farm. Any veteran of swgoh should know by now never to expect legendary characters the first time around, but lets get back to this event and it's requirements shall we?

Revan requirements,
-5 kotor characters recently released but all farmable on 2 nodes per. Also note that all 5 were marquee so most of you should have them at a minimum of 3*, and for free with no energy wasted.

And...that's it! But lets take a look at some other events while we are at it!

CLS requirements,
R2D2 which requires a full squad of 7* empire
Leia
Old Ben
Useless Luke
Stormtrooper Han

That's a total of TEN fully starred and geared characters! The wound could be lessened slightly by a few cheap packs but it's still double the farm time.

Jedi Training Rey requirements,
BB8 (requires a full squad of geared 7* FO, the downside of this one being either the time spent to get the better FO like FOST and FOX or to go the easier route but with characters you won't use much later on like FOSFTP)
Scavenger Rey
Finn
The VETS (worst farm ever imo)

So another heroic journey requiring a total of TEN characters with substantially longer farm times than CLS.

The point I'm trying to make here is CG is giving us a heroic journey with the requirements of a legendary, not only that but we are currently able to farm hard nodes (8) times with half price refreshes AND a 3* head start on all 5 characters.

I get it, Revan is awesome even though my phone keeps auto correcting to Regan and we have to wait 2-3 months until he comes around again, but that's the way its always been and imo we've been thrown several bones to lessen the grind. So get to grinding and enjoy some theory crafting while we wait!

Replies

• U are making way too much sense
  • I was thinking the same thing last night. It’s literally half the requirements of the two Heroes Journey’s.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The farming itself isn't a problem. The unprecedently short time between the event and the characters becoming farmable is. Also, this is the first Hero's journey that doesn't include a previous version of the character, which caught a lot of folks by surprise as well, especially those who hoped for a 5* unlock.
    And you have to take into account that all of the required characters are completely new, which wasn't the case with previous HJs. On the other hand, this gives newish players the chance to rival the veterans, so it's not entirely a bad thing.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    The farming itself isn't a problem. The unprecedently short time between the event and the characters becoming farmable is. Also, this is the first Hero's journey that doesn't include a previous version of the character, which caught a lot of folks by surprise as well, especially those who hoped for a 5* unlock.
    And you have to take into account that all of the required characters are completely new, which wasn't the case with previous HJs. On the other hand, this gives newish players the chance to rival the veterans, so it's not entirely a bad thing.

This isn't a heroes journey..... And OP nailed it....

And yes, the time is short, but he will be back in 3-4 months and you can be ready free of charge.....
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    We may be getting JEDI Revan to the game...I'm waiting for DARTH Revan!
  • Anyone that has been playing swgoh since the first Hero's journey of Luke, should have seen this coming and planned accordingly. Not assumed that is was coming after the new year, not assuming that X, Y, Z where coming first, but been able to figure out the with the first release of Bastila, that Revan ( who has been asked for since I started playing the game on these forums ) would be soon to follow in some form of an event.
    As soon as I saw Bastila release, followed by four other KOTOR characters, it was pretty clear they would at some point lead to Revan and would require farming at the very least. Thus, I saved crystals and stowed gear till they hit shipments and picked up Bastila instantly, followed by the others and have been farming them in their nodes since ( short Bastila, had her completed asap )
    So people being upset by this, is not a surprise, but nor should the release of the Event just over a week from the start of the Event be a surprise.
    I would still have rather seen a ledgendary event for Jedi Revan leading to a Hero Event for Darth Revan, but will make due with Jedi Revan for now.
  • Sapient2k7
    191 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    CLS the only toon people actually needed to farm was Old Ben but he had been in the game for over a year by that time. R2d2 required empire but you could use “any”.
    JTR event had 2 new toons both vets that are terrible and not needed elsewhere however, they too had been f2p for nearly a month prior to the event. For my f2p account it took a year to farm them and I ended up closing that account as I was pushed too far out . My p2p account I spent money to get them, and get JTR.

For Revan, you need 5 toons out of which only 2 or maybe 3 could be described as usable in multiple modes. The problem is the length of time given to farm them (even if you are paying for packs ) . Vets were impossible to get even as a dolphin and this one is even worse.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    @Darklin_Sil the same pattern happened with the new smugglers dropping so that hardly holds any weight as to an argument .
    What about those poor souls that focused on the smugglers only to get some minor event out of it. What they should have done is slated raven for one month out then there would be less justified gripes.
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    And as far as I’m concerned the second time around is just fine. That gives me 10 days to 7* my Bossk and two arena team toons then I can start on OR toons and still make it in time for the next one. They did me a favor because there is no sense in trying to panic farm these and spend $
  • yeah I kinda got a kick out of the new smuggler event. admit that I myself also farmed on them till the event hit, where my Nest was able to basicly solo the event anyways, stopped all farm on the smugglers at that point and shifted to full on kotor. ( think I had Qi done and T3 by that point )
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Boo wrote: »

Just so we are not surprised later.... Jedi Revan will be needed to get Darth Revan later. We should be able to see that coming.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Uh, excuse me, what is this "logic" and "reason" nonsense? We only deal in doomsday prophecies and complaints here, sir.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Agree with almost everything here. The ONLY caveat in comparison to other Legendary / Hero's Journey events will be the gear requirement. The Thrawn-esque timing of the event with respect to the initial farmable release of the required characters leads me to think that the event difficulty (and by that I mean gear requirement) will be similar to Thrawn as well. That would be reasonable, particularly coming off of a gear heavy event like the Chewbacca legendary (which also made a lot of sense to me for the toon requirements).

You could argue the event should be a little more challenging than Thrawn and still be reasonable given the increased availability of gear since the Thrawn event (LS TB, DS TB, TW and STR have all been added to the game since Thrawn's release - that's a lot of ways to get gear).

If, the difficulty of this event is more consistent with the G11/12 requirements for OG Chewie, the forums will look like [insert historical reference to riot/uprising] after [insert precipitating event].

I don't understand the "I can't get my Revan even though I hit two hard nodes 8x per day - it's only for whales - waaah" argument. I would understand displeasure if the gear requirements were also very high.

The only thing you pay for in this game is time. I don't understand why people don't understand just how awesome that is.
  • I know the issue here is that most of you can't get the (free) instant satisfaction you demand, but as far as heroic journeys go Revan is hands down the quickest farm. Any veteran of swgoh should know by now never to expect legendary characters the first time around, but lets get back to this event and it's requirements shall we?

Revan requirements,
    -5 kotor characters recently released but all farmable on 2 nodes per. Also note that all 5 were marquee so most of you should have them at a minimum of 3*, and for free with no energy wasted.

CLS requirements,
    Leia
    Old Ben
    Useless Luke
    Stormtrooper Han

That's a total of TEN fully starred and geared characters! The wound could be lessened slightly by a few cheap packs but it's still double the farm time.

BB8 (requires a full squad of geared 7* FO, the downside of this one being either the time spent to get the better FO like FOST and FOX or to go the easier route but with characters you won't use much later on like FOSFTP)
    Scavenger Rey
    Finn

So another heroic journey requiring a total of TEN characters with substantially longer farm times than CLS.

The point I'm trying to make here is CG is giving us a heroic journey with the requirements of a legendary, not only that but we are currently able to farm hard nodes (8) times with half price refreshes AND a 3* head start on all 5 characters.

I get it, Revan is awesome even though my phone keeps auto correcting to Regan and we have to wait 2-3 months until he comes around again, but that's the way its always been and imo we've been thrown several bones to lessen the grind. So get to grinding and enjoy some theory crafting while we wait!

Sorry bud, but I'm afraid it's you who is missing the point here. It's not that we can't get Revan for free, we can't get it for a reasonable price. I paid ~$150 for RJT, I paid ~$100 for Jango, and I fully expected to pay similar sum for Revan. But Revan is at the very least $300, it may go up to $500 if gear requirements are high. This is insane.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

Just so we are not surprised later.... Jedi Revan will be needed to get Darth Revan later. We should be able to see that coming.

Hoping more then just you are able to see that :open_mouth:
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Uh, excuse me, what is this "logic" and "reason" nonsense? We only deal in doomsday prophecies and complaints here, sir.

Haha!

As for the replies about the release date I look at it like this, freemium games survive by transactions for faster progression and if the paying player receives nothing for their purchases they don't buy, and if they don't buy the game goes under. Don't get me wrong I would like Revan too, but we should be realistic with our expectations. Most freemium games wouldn't even give access to legendary type characters without years of grinding or spending cash.
  • I'm going to disagree.
    Of the Legendaries:
    EP: Unlockable with phoenix. Farmed anyway for another Legendary, Thrawn, 2 cantina (low energy) 3 in easy store. Unlockable around level 75 G7-G8
    Thrawn: See above but harder.
    GMY: Pick 5 jedi. 2 come from Phoenix, pick 3 others from easy stores.
    R2: requires full empire team. 5 characters of 15. Most use TFP, Tarkin, Vader, Emperor, MT/Thrawn. Depending on who you use, easier or harder farms. Yes, 2 Legendary characters, but they can be earned with 1 team.
    BB8: 5 FO. KRU is often picked now, but wasn't in the game when BB8 released. KR can solo the event if G11 and modded well. Several easy to farm store/cantina nodes.
    Chewie: 5 BH of 10 (3 were realistically still marquee only on first release) Hardest gear requirements of any Legendary to date.
    At this point, 0 hard node only farms. (unless you chose to do a hardnode only with empire, or get FOX for hte event)
    Hero's Journies Charaters: Leia(arena store), Luke(T1 Cantina), STH(GW store), Old Ben (Cantina) and Finn (Cantina), Rey (2 hard nodes) and the Vets (both cantina)

In all of the previous Legionaries combined, there is literally 1 required hard node farm and its not even exclusive as Rey can show up in guild store (or is it fleet store). Yes TFP is 2 hard nodes also, but he also shows up in Fleet store.
    Compared with 3 hard node exclusive characters (yes, they each have 2) and 2 Cantina only characters (and high energy nodes) a few of which only had 1 month to farm before first release. I would argue that this is the hardest shard farm we've ever seen, and unless gear requirements are low, the hardest legendary to obtain to date.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Instead of looking at things from MY perspective or wanting Revan at day 1 with zero amount of work done, look at things from a new players point. Someone who just joined the game has a lot of ease getting Revan than JTR or CLS (other two heroic journey toons).

Re: people who disagree with OP
  • Um no. All you’ve done is taken x amount of toons to unlock and compared the numbers.
    All those toons (bar the vets) had been available for ages and in easier farming locations. Most people already had or were close to the requirements unless they were a new/ recent starter.

Now compare to the current requirements.
    5 new toons that have been out for 3 weeks.
    3 hard node farms, 2 cantina. (Cantina being a real pain with the sheer amount of good/needed toons and still 100 crystal base refresh) all slow farms.
    Fleet is a small boost if your finished with nest.

It doesn’t even compare to the other hero’s journeys.

An even better comparison would be to see how many people get reven compared to cls and jtrey.

Not that I’m personally bothered, I’m still finishing bossk. But your point is way off.
  • I know the issue here is that most of you can't get the (free) instant satisfaction you demand, but as far as heroic journeys go Revan is hands down the quickest farm. Any veteran of swgoh should know by now never to expect legendary characters the first time around, but lets get back to this event and it's requirements shall we?

Revan requirements,

CLS requirements,
    Leia
    Old Ben
    Useless Luke
    Stormtrooper Han

Scavenger Rey
    Finn

Not true.

First Revan is not legendary so you can't get him at 5*. Second every other heroes journey toon was FAR easier to get, even JTR since you only needed 2 cantina toons for her and had more time to farm them. The FO toons for bb8 were farmable for the longest time. So if you had been playing the game for long enough you could get all of them far eisier than Revan.

In fact as a f2P I got every legendary and heores journey toon the first time but I'm not close to getting Revan.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    <deleted - my reading comprehension is terrible today>
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Aldaron wrote: »

Not true.

First Revan is not legendary so you can't get him at 5*.

Um, no.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/184333/an-ancient-journey-of-redemption
    Starting Oct 18th, you will need the following characters at 7 stars to complete the event and unlock a 7 star Jedi Knight Revan: Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, T3-M4, Mission Vao and Zaalbar

Key word: unlock.

Mmm yeah you need 5 7* toons to unlock a 7* Revan. Legendaries unlock at 5*, Revan is not a legendary, he's a "journey" toon.
  • They put this immediately after we all depleted stuff to get one of the new BH(Bossk mostly) 7* and all of them geared up and couldn’t pay attention to farming the OR toons yet. The fact that they put this so close to the Chewie event is vile
  • I dont understand the outrage. Everyone knew when the toons were released what was coming. There was plenty of time to prep if you focused. Chewie was something shiny that people went after. I saved every crystal since the GC videos hit of the KOTOR toons. I bought 3 x 10$ packs and will easily have the needed 7 stars.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    There's a difference between getting a legendary/heroes journey character on release and getting a legendary/heroes journey character in one of the following events.
    Getting revan on release is definately more difficult/expensive than any of the other legendary/heroes journey characters for relatively long term players that plan ahead. That isn't even up for debate imo.
    As for just getting them i don't even necessarily agree. Maybe if you're a new player, but most long term players used one or more required characters for each of the events in arena or gw at one point or another. Except for phoenix for thrawn obviously, wich are without a doubt easier/faster to farm than the OR characters and were also released via marquee.
    The whole requiring 10 toons to unluck CLS and JTR argument is also meh. I would have agreed if bb8 and R2 were mediocre characters and were not worth getting if it wasn't for the JTR and CLS events, but they're not. The way i see it those events only required 4 toons.
  • Anyone that has been playing swgoh since the first Hero's journey of Luke, should have seen this coming and planned accordingly. Not assumed that is was coming after the new year, not assuming that X, Y, Z where coming first, but been able to figure out the with the first release of Bastila, that Revan ( who has been asked for since I started playing the game on these forums ) would be soon to follow in some form of an event.
    As soon as I saw Bastila release, followed by four other KOTOR characters, it was pretty clear they would at some point lead to Revan and would require farming at the very least. Thus, I saved crystals and stowed gear till they hit shipments and picked up Bastila instantly, followed by the others and have been farming them in their nodes since ( short Bastila, had her completed asap )
    So people being upset by this, is not a surprise, but nor should the release of the Event just over a week from the start of the Event be a surprise.
    I would still have rather seen a ledgendary event for Jedi Revan leading to a Hero Event for Darth Revan, but will make due with Jedi Revan for now.

But that’s the point. People did see this coming, and many of us have made Kotor characters a priority. Many have spent crystals on them previously, or saved up crystals (which then had to be diverted for gear for Bounty Hunters for Chewie event). And then despite making them a focus can’t even get within range to get them with packs. Those are the people who are maddest. Not the people who ignored Kotor and just want to easily get a character for free.

• But that’s the point. People did see this coming, and many of us have made Kotor characters a priority. Many have spent crystals on them previously, or saved up crystals (which then had to be diverted for gear for Bounty Hunters for Chewie event). And then despite making them a focus can’t even get within range to get them with packs. Those are the people who are maddest. Not the people who ignored Kotor and just want to easily get a character for free.

Exactly

But that’s the point. People did see this coming, and many of us have made Kotor characters a priority. Many have spent crystals on them previously, or saved up crystals (which then had to be diverted for gear for Bounty Hunters for Chewie event). And then despite making them a focus can’t even get within range to get them with packs. Those are the people who are maddest. Not the people who ignored Kotor and just want to easily get a character for free.

If you diverted resources to bounty hunters because of Chewie, then you didn't "make Kotor a priority", and then only person you should be mad at is yourself ....