The Revan farm is actually on the easier side of legendary events (food for thought)

Replies

• Mission and T3 are on a 12 and 16 energy cantina node, almost as bad as the vets. It’s going to take me about two months to get them both to 7 star if I do one refresh per day.
  • as a reminder to get BB8 originally you needed FOST which only had a could hard nodes and only 3 sims. It was a much longer grind to get him.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Anyone that has been playing swgoh since the first Hero's journey of Luke, should have seen this coming and planned accordingly. Not assumed that is was coming after the new year, not assuming that X, Y, Z where coming first, but been able to figure out the with the first release of Bastila, that Revan ( who has been asked for since I started playing the game on these forums ) would be soon to follow in some form of an event.
    As soon as I saw Bastila release, followed by four other KOTOR characters, it was pretty clear they would at some point lead to Revan and would require farming at the very least. Thus, I saved crystals and stowed gear till they hit shipments and picked up Bastila instantly, followed by the others and have been farming them in their nodes since ( short Bastila, had her completed asap )
    So people being upset by this, is not a surprise, but nor should the release of the Event just over a week from the start of the Event be a surprise.
    I would still have rather seen a ledgendary event for Jedi Revan leading to a Hero Event for Darth Revan, but will make due with Jedi Revan for now.

But that’s the point. People did see this coming, and many of us have made Kotor characters a priority. Many have spent crystals on them previously, or saved up crystals (which then had to be diverted for gear for Bounty Hunters for Chewie event). And then despite making them a focus can’t even get within range to get them with packs. Those are the people who are maddest. Not the people who ignored Kotor and just want to easily get a character for free.

If you diverted resources to bounty hunters because of Chewie, then you didn't "make Kotor a priority", and then only person you should be mad at is yourself ....

Well, yes and no. The quick succession of the two events have an impact on how well prepared one must be in order to be prepared for anything and everything (within reason).
    I'd say that even without the chewy event, wich didn't cost me any crystals personally, the requirements for revan are still too high for what can be expected of f2p players to be able to be ready for though. Wich makes it a p2p event imo and that's fine.
  • Boov wrote: »
    Anyone that has been playing swgoh since the first Hero's journey of Luke, should have seen this coming and planned accordingly. Not assumed that is was coming after the new year, not assuming that X, Y, Z where coming first, but been able to figure out the with the first release of Bastila, that Revan ( who has been asked for since I started playing the game on these forums ) would be soon to follow in some form of an event.
    As soon as I saw Bastila release, followed by four other KOTOR characters, it was pretty clear they would at some point lead to Revan and would require farming at the very least. Thus, I saved crystals and stowed gear till they hit shipments and picked up Bastila instantly, followed by the others and have been farming them in their nodes since ( short Bastila, had her completed asap )
    So people being upset by this, is not a surprise, but nor should the release of the Event just over a week from the start of the Event be a surprise.
    I would still have rather seen a ledgendary event for Jedi Revan leading to a Hero Event for Darth Revan, but will make due with Jedi Revan for now.

But that’s the point. People did see this coming, and many of us have made Kotor characters a priority. Many have spent crystals on them previously, or saved up crystals (which then had to be diverted for gear for Bounty Hunters for Chewie event). And then despite making them a focus can’t even get within range to get them with packs. Those are the people who are maddest. Not the people who ignored Kotor and just want to easily get a character for free.

If you diverted resources to bounty hunters because of Chewie, then you didn't "make Kotor a priority", and then only person you should be mad at is yourself ....

Well, yes and no. The quick succession of the two events have an impact on how well prepared one must be in order to be prepared for anything and everything (within reason).
    I'd say that even without the chewy event, wich didn't cost me any crystals personally, the requirements for revan are still too high for what can be expected of f2p players to be able to be ready for though. Wich makes it a p2p event imo and that's fine.

Ya, I will agree that it's a P2P first event, and also agree that it's fine.....

Let's put it in other terms though.... Bob is saving for the new iPhone 47s that will be coming out at some point.... But George Foreman comes out with a new grill and Bob likes sammiches, so he buys the grill... A week later, the iPhone comes out and Bob can't afford it... Was the iPhone really priority...

What I am saying is, if you want something in this game, best put the resources aside and keep them there......
  • The argument I keep seeing over and over is JTR and CLS were easier because a lot of the requirements have been out for a long time, but you're running off the assumption everyone has been playing for years and thats simply not true. If you put all 3 heroic journeys in a side by side comparison Revan would be the easiest by a landslide for anyone who has played less than two years, which is well above average for a mobile game. Not only that but the majority of required characters weren't exactly on people's farm list until they became a requirement.

• Germi
    553 posts Member
    Yes this is clearly one of the easiest farm since the start of the game and this is why so many old players like me are **** off.

Too easy !
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Boov wrote: »

Ya, I will agree that it's a P2P first event, and also agree that it's fine.....

Let's put it in other terms though.... Bob is saving for the new iPhone 47s that will be coming out at some point.... But George Foreman comes out with a new grill and Bob likes sammiches, so he buys the grill... A week later, the iPhone comes out and Bob can't afford it... Was the iPhone really priority...

What I am saying is, if you want something in this game, best put the resources aside and keep them there......

I get what you're saying, but it kinda comes off as saying to your buddy that he could have gotten a brand new ferrari instead of that 2nd hand hyundai he bought, if he kept living with his parents, didn't get any kids and saved up all his money.
  • agreed with OP, no issue with Revan overall, the first release is P2P and will be expensive for those that must must have Revan on event one and tough for them.
    But there should be enough time to get the toons ready for Revans second event come like Jan or Feb. Its all about priorities if you make Revan the goal you shouldn't have an issue.

Sure double drops would be awesome or drops like they did leading to chewie but no way is that a requirement/need.

If i had my choice of anything id like either Energy req for ship nodes to go down(2 for hard, 1 for reg) or refresh cost to 50 or energy gain up to 6-8 mins per, that way farming an extra node or two could happen daily but thats a preference its currently fair to all so no issue if it stays as is.

Outside of Revan toons, there is a little hard node burnout so it would be nice to see a new toon to a store, I dont expect it but if 2+ of Aura, Jango, Embo, IG-2000 abd/or Cads ship went to some combo of Cantina, Fleet and GW store that would be awesome and alleviate some of the hard node fatigue.
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    edited October 2018

But you woulndn't have chewie... I'm pretty sure everybody want to be able to get both.

Also I didn't have to spend crystals to get chewie and still won't able to get Revan despite being 1st in both arenas.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The argument I keep seeing over and over is JTR and CLS were easier because a lot of the requirements have been out for a long time, but you're running off the assumption everyone has been playing for years and thats simply not true. If you put all 3 heroic journeys in a side by side comparison Revan would be the easiest by a landslide for anyone who has played less than two years, which is well above average for a mobile game. Not only that but the majority of required characters weren't exactly on people's farm list until they became a requirement.

For CLS and JTR you needed to farm 9 characters and you got 1 legendary and 1 heroes journey character in return, so there's that to take into consideration aswell.
  • Aldaron wrote: »

But you woulndn't have chewie... I'm pretty sure everybody want to be able to get both.

Also I didn't have to spend crystals to get chewie and still won't able to get Revan despite being 1st in both arenas.

If Revan is your priority, then it shouldn't have been a big deal not to have Chewie.....

If you want both, then open up your wallet or wait....
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Aldaron wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Aldaron wrote: »

Not true.

First Revan is not legendary so you can't get him at 5*.

Um, no.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/184333/an-ancient-journey-of-redemption
    Starting Oct 18th, you will need the following characters at 7 stars to complete the event and unlock a 7 star Jedi Knight Revan: Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, T3-M4, Mission Vao and Zaalbar

Key word: unlock.

Mmm yeah you need 5 7* toons to unlock a 7* Revan. Legendaries unlock at 5*, Revan is not a legendary, he's a "journey" toon.

I misread the original post and therefore I deleted what I wrote, but you quoted it before I could delete it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    The argument I keep seeing over and over is JTR and CLS were easier because a lot of the requirements have been out for a long time, but you're running off the assumption everyone has been playing for years and thats simply not true. If you put all 3 heroic journeys in a side by side comparison Revan would be the easiest by a landslide for anyone who has played less than two years, which is well above average for a mobile game. Not only that but the majority of required characters weren't exactly on people's farm list until they became a requirement.

I’m 9 months into the game. Just got JTR and CLS these past event. 6* chewie and 7* thrawn, R2, BB8. I have Bossk 47/100 and can gear 12 and zeta him once I get him too 100/100, in a couple weeks, and raise a few levels on my other BH so seven Star chewie is doable next pass.

So after 9 months I’m caught up on legendary and hereo events and can start working on OR toons so it’s good timing for me to get RAven on second pass.

I’m still working on my arena sion 21/100 and SiT 48/85 so that’s a few weeks.

My point is , new players are screwed! Two to three months to only focus on OR , it’s going to be a year (light dolphin) or a year and 1/2 if you are 100% ftp to catch up. Only increasing time with each new one they add . Unrealistic to keep new players attention that long . They need to add some toons to the stores in order to less the burden.

Not too mention gearing all these toons up. Just unrealistic for new players to have a chance .

• You've completely missed the point @Hoffman72510
    It's not the number of characters required, it's the types of farms (3 hard nodes JUST released), and how long they've been farmable.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • MuCuS wrote: »

I’m 9 months into the game. Just got JTR and CLS these past event. 6* chewie and 7* thrawn, R2, BB8. I have Bossk 47/100 and can gear 12 and zeta him once I get him too 100/100, in a couple weeks, and raise a few levels on my other BH so seven Star chewie is doable next pass.

So after 9 months I’m caught up on legendary and hereo events and can start working on OR toons so it’s good timing for me to get RAven on second pass.

I’m still working on my arena sion 21/100 and SiT 48/85 so that’s a few weeks.

My point is , new players are screwed! Two to three months to only focus on OR , it’s going to be a year (light dolphin) or a year and 1/2 if you are 100% ftp to catch up. Only increasing time with each new one they add . Unrealistic to keep new players attention that long . They need to add some toons to the stores in order to less the burden.

Not too mention gearing all these toons up. Just unrealistic for new players to have a chance .

I'm 8 months in on this account (early feb) and just finished JTR this morning as well. I would think if anyone understood my post it would be you! You used words like screwed and unrealistic, but how do either of those words apply? Right now I have every legendary except Traya, I'm top 10 arena, I have several 100k squads and my farming plan is wide open, meaning I could work on Revan or anything else and I definitely wouldn't consider myself screwed, behind or otherwise.

I think maybe you're looking at the game from a different perspective where you always need to chase the meta, but trust me you don't. Max out a strong arena team whether its JTR/Nightmare/Rebels/Bastilla or whatever and then farm what you want. As long as you're continually farming towards a goal you'll never fall behind.
  • OP lost me when he starts off by sayin all kotor toons being available on 2 nodes. Guess we're inoring t3 and mission only in cantina?
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    @Hoffman72510 I was illustrating what a 9 month player looks like. At 9 months I’m in great shape and looks like you are as well at 8 months .

I’m referring to people starting the game today as being screwed.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Lol has everyone forgotten the nightmare that was thrawn? Oh heres a brand new faction of toons. Legendary out next week and you need 5/6 to unlock him. Sure you could unlock him at 5* but, that was way worse than this kotor farming.
  • I think maybe you're looking at the game from a different perspective where you always need to chase the meta, but trust me you don't. Max out a strong arena team whether its JTR/Nightmare/Rebels/Bastilla or whatever and then farm what you want. As long as you're continually farming towards a goal you'll never fall behind.

Amen to that. Meta-chasing is silly in my opinion unless you're willing to spend the time, effort, and possibly a decent amount of money to keep up.

Personally, I went through the better part of my time in the game with much less direction than I "should" have had, and probably wasted a ton of time and resources on characters that wouldn't sustain me very well. Not to mention, I had a few months where I didn't play the game at all. Needless to say, I fell pretty far behind. But lately I've been trying to get back into the running. Just the simple act of deciding on a priority list and sticking to it diligently has catapulted me back into the flow of progression. I'm still behind, but I'm catching up quicker than I expected.
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    think im somewhere like 200 days played +- atm. what sucks for me is i spent like 3-4 months preparing to get JTR, and managed to equip jtr g12 3+ and g12 holdo+1 and rest on their way to g12 already g11 ++ that im prety sure all the time spent farming and hoarding gear is almost for nothing when jedi revan comes. it feels bad when u stop fully g12 nighmare teams with 5 zetas and great mods. but u get stomped by a on avg, g9 bastilla team with not very good mods and a g11 gmy. it did have ob and gk, wich i couldnt beat in 2 tries, apparently need some changes to rooster to beat it. i can beat bastilla teams but seems it depend what they put in their team for now. seems slim that u can f2p jedi revan first time, there is alot of heroes to be farmed in very short time.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    We may be getting JEDI Revan to the game...I'm waiting for DARTH Revan!

Just so we are not surprised later.... Jedi Revan will be needed to get Darth Revan later. We should be able to see that coming.

Dang - what a surprise, lol.

I'm already starting to farm Old Republic, but will take some time. I'll have Revan before Darth Revan comes...I hope!

Any news on Malak?
  • BubbaFett wrote: »

People who instantly started farming when they became available for farming have no chance at all.

How's that for priority?

I have 4M GP and take 1st in Arena every day and stand 0 chance of getting him this time around, which is the first time ever I've not at least unlocked a new character at release.
  • I agree with OP. Easy farm...
  • I started farming Kotor as soon as they dropped farmable, and won't be able to make it, even if I buy the packs. And I had 20k crystals banked up. Now having said that I'm not angry about how this went down, I'm just bummed I'll have to wait on him. If they had given even 2-3 weeks, I probably would have bought the packs and gotten him. Ultimately though I will continue to grind out Kotor and get them ready for his return. And yes I agree, he will def be needed for Darth Revan, who I intend to get 1st time around.
  • I know the issue here is that most of you can't get the (free) instant satisfaction you demand, but as far as heroic journeys go Revan is hands down the quickest farm. Any veteran of swgoh should know by now never to expect legendary characters the first time around, but lets get back to this event and it's requirements shall we?

Revan requirements,
    -5 kotor characters recently released but all farmable on 2 nodes per. Also note that all 5 were marquee so most of you should have them at a minimum of 3*, and for free with no energy wasted.

And...that's it! But lets take a look at some other events while we are at it!

CLS requirements,
    R2D2 which requires a full squad of 7* empire
    Leia
    Old Ben
    Useless Luke
    Stormtrooper Han

That's a total of TEN fully starred and geared characters! The wound could be lessened slightly by a few cheap packs but it's still double the farm time.

Jedi Training Rey requirements,
    BB8 (requires a full squad of geared 7* FO, the downside of this one being either the time spent to get the better FO like FOST and FOX or to go the easier route but with characters you won't use much later on like FOSFTP)
    Scavenger Rey
    Finn
    The VETS (worst farm ever imo)

So another heroic journey requiring a total of TEN characters with substantially longer farm times than CLS.

The point I'm trying to make here is CG is giving us a heroic journey with the requirements of a legendary, not only that but we are currently able to farm hard nodes (8) times with half price refreshes AND a 3* head start on all 5 characters.

I get it, Revan is awesome even though my phone keeps auto correcting to Regan and we have to wait 2-3 months until he comes around again, but that's the way its always been and imo we've been thrown several bones to lessen the grind. So get to grinding and enjoy some theory crafting while we wait!

You sir, are wrong on so many levels i cant even bother getting in to it
  • Scortch wrote: »
    I started farming Kotor as soon as they dropped farmable, and won't be able to make it, even if I buy the packs. And I had 20k crystals banked up. Now having said that I'm not angry about how this went down, I'm just bummed I'll have to wait on him. If they had given even 2-3 weeks, I probably would have bought the packs and gotten him. Ultimately though I will continue to grind out Kotor and get them ready for his return. And yes I agree, he will def be needed for Darth Revan, who I intend to get 1st time around.

20k crystals-
    Get the (relatively) good value 699 packs and hope to get lucky. That could be enough.
  • I know the issue here is that most of you can't get the (free) instant satisfaction you demand, but as far as heroic journeys go Revan is hands down the quickest farm. Any veteran of swgoh should know by now never to expect legendary characters the first time around, but lets get back to this event and it's requirements shall we?

Revan requirements,
    -5 kotor characters recently released but all farmable on 2 nodes per. Also note that all 5 were marquee so most of you should have them at a minimum of 3*, and for free with no energy wasted.

And...that's it! But lets take a look at some other events while we are at it!

CLS requirements,
    R2D2 which requires a full squad of 7* empire
    Leia
    Old Ben
    Useless Luke
    Stormtrooper Han

That's a total of TEN fully starred and geared characters! The wound could be lessened slightly by a few cheap packs but it's still double the farm time.

Jedi Training Rey requirements,
    BB8 (requires a full squad of geared 7* FO, the downside of this one being either the time spent to get the better FO like FOST and FOX or to go the easier route but with characters you won't use much later on like FOSFTP)
    Scavenger Rey
    Finn
    The VETS (worst farm ever imo)

So another heroic journey requiring a total of TEN characters with substantially longer farm times than CLS.

The point I'm trying to make here is CG is giving us a heroic journey with the requirements of a legendary, not only that but we are currently able to farm hard nodes (8) times with half price refreshes AND a 3* head start on all 5 characters.

I get it, Revan is awesome even though my phone keeps auto correcting to Regan and we have to wait 2-3 months until he comes around again, but that's the way its always been and imo we've been thrown several bones to lessen the grind. So get to grinding and enjoy some theory crafting while we wait!

U are pretty much wrong on that.

Jtr was way easier to get first time round. Only requiring 2 new toons made it feasible to use shipments to hoard in advance of them being released.

In this case, no, you can’t get revan the first time around if you are f2p. Even if you wanted to pay abit, you’d be stuck if you didnt buy crystal packs to supplement it because this **** thing needs 5 toons.

I don’t bother making comparisons for getting it the second time around because every legendary/hero journey is fully possible the second time around if you really want it, even more so if you are a veteran player with nothing much else to farm.
  • So 5 hard af to farm chars are better than 2? How is that? Your logic sounds a little bit forced and it barely makes sense. You're comparing a regular and smooth shop farm with an unpredictable and ridiculously slower hard node/cantina farm. Look, no one blames you if you're willing to spend a few hundreds on him but please don't mock us with this nonsense. Revan is the worst money-grabbing ever and it is impossible to deny this. It's a fact.