Revan event gear requirement

Prev1
There are people who may be able to get all OR chars to 7 stars, some have hoarded crystals, others are willing to pay, but not be able to get them to g11 or g12 in this short time.

CG should give a hint how hard the event will be (looking at the Chewie event).
A lot more people will be very unsatisfied if they invest lots of crystals and/or money to 7 star everyone just to become aware that they can not beat the event.

Replies

• Options
    I feel like they shouldn't be able to that easy. Being how new th toons are
  • Options
    Min 10 I’d say safe with 11
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    If JTR is of any indication g7/8 should be good for most

I’d recommend stockpiling gear, omegas and with mods and RNG you can complete if you are under the requirements
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Options
    They gave you a hint in the last chewie event 😬
  • Options
    Aside from Chewy I think Thrawn was the hardest? Even then most people did it with G8/9, but I would personally prepare for a minimum of G10.
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    It is a complete different world between the Thrawn event and Chewie.

I have Bastila at g12, Zaalbar at g6, the others are g8.
    I could get them to 7 stars, but not a chance to get them to g10...would be a lot of wasted crystals if it is not enough gearwise
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    If JTR is of any indication g7/8 should be good for most

I’d recommend stockpiling gear, omegas and with mods and RNG you can complete if you are under the requirements

I saw such comments before Chewbacca...
    I'm pretty sure G11 is the bare minimum. Gear requirements will be through the roof. If someone spent hundreds of dollars getting stars he will spend couple hundred more not to waste prior investment.

Also idk how much gear or omegas you can "stockpile" over a week. For one character, maybe if you're lucky.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    The bounty hunters were around a lot longer, so Gear/mods were a way to give a bit of a challenge.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    The bounty hunters were around a lot longer, so Gear/mods were a way to give a bit of a challenge.

I hope you are right. While I dont mind spending to get 7 stars no way I am going to spend for gear as well. That would just be ridiculous. I am hoping for around a gear 10 requirement, but expecting it. I am ftp farming until I know requirements.
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    GXIII
    The last piece will be online just a day before the event.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    zegene wrote: »
    GXIII
    The last piece will be online just a day before the event.
    Due to good tradition in mixing up timezones the last piece will show up the day after the event ended ;)
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think there will be one battle that is a 5v1 (OR vs Tarentatek) or 6v1 with Revan as a guest toon
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    The good news you'll be able to use your rarity 6 mods to get you over the hump!

T6 mods require G12 gear to equip :)
  • Options
    The good news you'll be able to use your rarity 6 mods to get you over the hump!

I think that's the point
  • Options
    IMO, Revan should require gear 12, full zetas/omegas, and 6* speed mods. He is legendary after all.
  • Options
    The trouble with gating a new legendary with gear rather than short term shard farm goals is the 2nd and 3rd go rounds, the gate will be down and Revan will join all the legendary/hero journey types able to be obtained at G8/9. Guess this is more an issue with Chewie since his gate will always be up since it is gear/mod based.
  • Options
    Chewy was gear 12 due to BH being F2P mostly. Zam, Bane, BFett, Greedo, IG88 and Dengar could all be in your collection at 7 star gear 12 and zetas for a long time.

Bossk made it easier for some, and he could be gear 12 F2P at the time of the event. Only Sing, Embo and JFett were pay to play / whale toons.

So they made it hard to not give it away. I didnt like it but i got him... just took some time to vet good rng.

In this case the toons have been out a few months for whales and f2p for a few weeks. I would hope lower gear... but safe bet is gear 9 and 10 or really good mods.

Bastila at gear 12 with zeta and all omegas
    Jolee at gear 11 no zeta all omegas
    Mission at gear 8 all attacks and uniques at 7
    Zaalbar at gear 8 working on attacks and uniques.
    T3 at gear 8 hes next for leveling attacks and uniques

Will be interesting
  • Options
    G13
  • Options
    Gear 13 will be needed to complete tier one of revan.
  • Options
    Hero's Journey type events have never had huge gear gates (at least with the only two we have). I would be shocked if G8-G9 isn't enough, although I'm sure most that will be in position to get Revan likely have at least Bastila at G12.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I’m worried about facing this without my best mods, which can no longer be equipped by a character that isn’t g12.

Bastila is getting close to g12 and I might be able to have her ready to use one set of arena mods. I’m hoping to get everybody else to g9–they are all sitting at g8 with nothing left but a stun gun. Right now, I need six fully crafted stun guns in the next week.
  • Options
    I'm finalizing this now (can't give exact details, apologies). I'll see if Crumb can reveal the targets before the event drops. I can say that like the Chewbacca event, I put the recommended gear tier directly into the descriptions of each tier so you should know your baseline once you can play.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Options
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    I'm finalizing this now (can't give exact details, apologies). I'll see if Crumb can reveal the targets before the event drops. I can say that like the Chewbacca event, I put the recommended gear tier directly into the descriptions of each tier so you should know your baseline once you can play.

Sooooo g12 final tier lol great. Only after spending a whopping 300 bucks to panic farm them.
  • Options

Thank you for a reply. Appreciate you acknowledging us.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options

Nice how about the actual road ahead. A character reveal has nothing to do with the road ahead. I cant imagine your that far behind you cant communicate .
  • Options
    That reads a lot like we need g12 lol.
  • Options

Hi Zeus