Best arena droid team

Hey everyone!

Happy Tuesday! (Sigh.)

Anyways, I’ve got a question for you all, a question that’ll change how you look on life...

...Of course I’m just kidding.

What my real question is, though, is what droid team is best for arena. I want no comments that say, "droids aren’t meta! Forget it!" Okay. I do get it.

Droids aren’t meta... for now. But what team would be best? Let me tell you that I’m no where near the top 50, so I’m just looking for the best I can possibly do. I know hk47 is considered the best droid leader, but what about ig88?

Would a team with ig88 lead, ipd, t3m4, bb8, and r2d2 be worth doing, or do I need to take out one to put in hk47? Also, are any other droids worth thinking about like l337 or b2 battle droid?

Thanks in advance!
Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/

Replies

• Nema
    136 posts Member
    Since the Devs said droids would be meta one day I've focused heavily on them. Have L3, ipd and ig88 all maxed with zetas. Working on T3 now and he will get both. I currently run those 4 with HK but only because there's no real other option.
  • I would speculate to prep GG to be eventually reworked in the near future to be in the next droid meta
  • Nema wrote: »
    Since the Devs said droids would be meta one day I've focused heavily on them. Have L3, ipd and ig88 all maxed with zetas. Working on T3 now and he will get both. I currently run those 4 with HK but only because there's no real other option.

Have a swgoh.gg account to share?
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    I'd looked at ig88 lead with the others, and it would mean he benefits from his bounty but in arena it'd be hard to get off. Having used them heavily in tw I can tell you they just won't cut it in arena right now I'm afraid. But I'm ready for when they are
  • T3M4 and BB8 are crucial for a droid team, IG88 is good for damage, HK47 is an alright leader (better than Lobot or Poggle!) but hopefully Grievous will get reworked and his lead will replace HK’s, and the last spot is up to you. I’d recommend IPD, Chopper, R2D2 or L337.
  • I’ve even considered putting in Grievous in the team somewhere just for the fun of it.:) hk, t3, r2, and bb8 with Grievous. Not much dps, but he sure looks cool in that team.😂
  • HK, bb8, L3, IG-88 or IG-86, R2 or T3-M4?
  • Jawa engineer is also pretty useful. Not super effective for damage but he can revive with his heal.
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    How about 4 droids with JTR’s lead? — JTR BB-8 R2-D2 L3-37 T3-M4. Or Boba’s lead will be also good with IG-88.

If you want full 5 droids team, I think this might be usable: IG-88 BB-8 R2-D2 T3-M4 and Chopper/L3-37.
    L3 is really great droid tank but actually chopper too!! Well chopper is supporter but it can taunt and also can remove enemies turn meter with self-healing by its special abilities.
  • Hk47 lead with t3m4 bb8 r2d2 ig88.
    If you have them all zeta they boost each other heavily. Especialy ig88 gets realy strong. I fought against this team and ig88 killed my zzkru with gear 12 and full life and protection with one schoot
  • To answer the question correctly, there is no BEST Droid team. The best Droid team depends on your opponent. None of the droids are bad (Grevious, IG-100 aren't great though) and they're very utilitarian. So it depends on what the other team is packing.
  • Grevious is fun with zl3 and zt3, with ig88 lead.. only works on galactic war, but fun.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    The sleeper team I want to see is IG-88 (L), IPD, BB8, L337 and...Mother Talzin. Why Talzin? Because enemies with Target Lock & Plague can't gain health or protection, can't gain buffs, and can't be cleansed.

Plague will make up for the lack of DPS on the team, and you just have to survive long enough for plague to kill em.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Best droid team is RJT, R2, BB-8, then for the last 3 you can use IPD, T3 or L3. HK lead CAN work against traya but takes a lot of luck to win and IG-88 lead is terrible so don't use him as the leader. With HK lead you can also use 88 for massive damage (I tend to swap out R2 and use HK, BB-8, T3, IPD, 88).I make rank 1 or 2 every day with RJT, R2, BB-8, T3, IPD facing against Traya teams every match
  • T3 and his TM gain is a big piece
    BB8 is a big piece for damage.
    R2 is a big piece with clense and his other Zeta and stun.
    L3 is a big piece with taunt and counter.
    All you need is a leader that can stun speed up and tenacity up. Grevious rework inbound
  • T3 and his TM gain is a big piece
    BB8 is a big piece for damage.
    R2 is a big piece with clense and his other Zeta and stun.
    L3 is a big piece with taunt and counter.
    All you need is a leader that can stun speed up and tenacity up. Grevious rework inbound

Didn’t you mean bb8 for turn meter gain and t3 for damage? I think you switched those up on accident.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    HK47 is an alright leader (better than Lobot or Poggle!) but hopefully Grievous will get reworked and his lead will replace HK’s

Is he really that bad that he only ranks as "alright?" That leader ability honestly seems pretty awesome.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    HK47 is an alright leader (better than Lobot or Poggle!) but hopefully Grievous will get reworked and his lead will replace HK’s

Is he really that bad that he only ranks as "alright?" That leader ability honestly seems pretty awesome.

Alright is better than bad. His lead needs a little more something before it’s ‘pretty awesome’. Maybe TM removal on a crit or inflict health or defense down. Or some healing. Plus the rest of his kit needs to be reworked.
  • Dryff wrote: »
    The sleeper team I want to see is IG-88 (L), IPD, BB8, L337 and...Mother Talzin. Why Talzin? Because enemies with Target Lock & Plague can't gain health or protection, can't gain buffs, and can't be cleansed.

Plague will make up for the lack of DPS on the team, and you just have to survive long enough for plague to kill em.

This is an extremely fun team in TW. Although I do use T3 in place of BB8. Watch the defense victories pile up because people underestimate them.
  • Machiaveli wrote: »
    Hk47 lead with t3m4 bb8 r2d2 ig88.
    If you have them all zeta they boost each other heavily. Especialy ig88 gets realy strong. I fought against this team and ig88 killed my zzkru with gear 12 and full life and protection with one schoot

Wait what? A g12 ig88 killed a g12 KRU in 1 shot? Doesn't KRU have over 70K HP/protection combined at g12? Are you exaggerating here?
  • Machiaveli wrote: »

Wait what? A g12 ig88 killed a g12 KRU in 1 shot? Doesn't KRU have over 70K HP/protection combined at g12? Are you exaggerating here?
    Not really. T3 gives stacking crit damage for debuffs in enemy team, 88 gets stacking offense for debuffs on the other team, and with enough debuffs 88 can easily hit that hard. Throw in an illuminated destiny from BB8 and 88 can one shot most characters.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Machiaveli wrote: »

Not really. T3 gives stacking crit damage for debuffs in enemy team, 88 gets stacking offense for debuffs on the other team, and with enough debuffs 88 can easily hit that hard. Throw in an illuminated destiny from BB8 and 88 can one shot most characters.

Geez!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Droideka wrote: »
    Machiaveli wrote: »

Mmmmm, big badda booms! >:)
  • Curious how L337's Zeta interacts with IPD. Does he blow up, causing massive damage, and equalize health? Is IPD a worthwhile endeavour under the reworked GG?
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    IPD still dies when using his Self-Destruct ability. Even with L3's zeta, it doesn't equalize. I do think it activates GG's unique zeta though.
  • I'm using a non maxed team in Arena and have gotten top 300. I use zzGGg12, B2g12, IG88g12, T3g11, and BB8g8. All are at 7 star except BB8, who is at 5 stars. :(. You dominate your first set of turns, but after that the weak droids die. That's OK though because it fuels Grievous. It's a fun arena team.