[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Y'know, if they didn't treat this like the sith raid thread way back and actually had devs posting and replying and communicating they really could and would avoid a lot of backlash. Though this thread seems to be treated worse cause a mod came in twice and just spent time removing posts and threatening to ban people... for giving feedback :/. We actually lost like 5 pages worth.

Anyway, page 31(36) now, and no response that could quell our worries. Just something, some reason as to why they are doing this, something to help us keep playing and moving on. Anything. I'm so tired of watching people quit this game.

• Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Rauksul wrote: »
    ...Every Hero's Journey Event...

Every.. like... you know... two Journeys? :D
    I have 2 cases supporting my theory, where is your foundation of theory?
    That's how that's how logic works and even some courts. Those two Hero's Journey Events established a precedent, by wording 2 special events like that the same way before. Why should I assume it is different without proof?
    You know what any company and their designers usually want? Transparency. That's why ability texts are usually working exactly the way they are written in the tool tips. That's why they actually getting trained in deliberately writing such descriptions with all the previous posts in mind. It is also a scientific way of working.

For me it is, until confirmation, Schrödinger's Event. We lack the info to decide whether it is a legendary or hero. Which is business and working, but in my opinion bad business that ruins reputation and especially credibility.

On a sidenote, I tried to search for Thrawn's or BB-8's anouncements to compare them. Any one had luck finding them? I wonder if they might have been worded the same with something along the line 7* to unlock 7*.
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    there are plenty of F2P players getting Revan. They just planned accordingly. They hoarded crystals and now are spending them. It's possible.

Really? There are "plenty" of FTP characters that hoarded 50k - 70k gems? Interesting
  • Thank you CG for giving us revan so soon, i personally have spent a lot of money preparing for this event and would be disappointed if everyone got him it gives us who keep this game possible that should indulge first, keep up the good work
  • So much complaining everywhere. Every event is the same thing....they dont communicate...they want our money...not enough notice...im quitting the game...blah blah.

I for one love the panic farming.it adds a level of excitement that i wish happened more often than it does. Also, is it so bad that the krakens have 1 thing?

I hope it requires g12 and all zetas on every toon. You know, to separate the men from the boys 😉
  • I just find weird how they haven't revealed the kit yet, considering the release date is next week.
  • And yes i have payed some dough to unlock Jtrey, only for her to be nerfed after what? 1-2 months? So you know what you can expect😬
  • Yeah still not posting the kit while people panic farm and spend money without even knowing
    1. Whether or not high level gear is needed. 2. If the toon is even something you want.

And I say this as someone who whaled out for the first time in 3 years for Bastila during her marquee knowing she would be needed for Revan. Have T3 maxed out, bought the Mission/Zalbaar pack/almost have them at 7, and thru farming/using crystals has Jolee at 7.

If my feedback isn’t worth saying then clearly I have foolishly spent money on this game.

Why we can’t get information about this rushed event, the toon itself and what we are actually investing in, is very troublesome.
  • Spidee wrote: »
    Want to get this off my chest. This game is extremely free to play friendly. Currently there are only 2 characters and 3 ships behind a pay wall. The complaints about free to play deserving a chance to get Revan 1st time out is insulting to the "whales" who pay for the game so the free to play can continue to be free to play. If you want Revan 1st time out pay for it. Support the game and developers! If free to play want to quit let them there is no impact to CG or EAs bottom line.

I disagree with most of this...what to start with...
    1st f2p are an impotant part of this game-if everyone was a whale there would be little incentive to buy stuff, more importantly if there was no f2p minnows gain no advantage, dolphins minimal, ect....
    2nd because something is farmable does not mean it is useful. (4* few things are useful)
    3rd (personally I believe this was a poor business decision, it is a very expensive investment meaning that a lot of dolphins are so far away they wont spend anything if they had waited a month a much bigger base would have purchased the packs (most dont have enough gear to go around anyway)).
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Where’s his kit? Thought it was coming today?
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    The silence is deafening.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Again people are upset because there are people who have planned ahead and who have been farming these nodes while using all the nessisary refreshes who were and are willing to spend money to finish off farms who now won't be spending money to finish off farms because there is no hope for them to finish in time. People who were prepared to spend $100 to $200 dollars to get this one character are now putting that money back in their wallets. And we have the snobbiest sub set of the community looking down on that group claiming they just want a handout. Really? I don't get the mentality that everyone who complains wants free characters and handouts. We just want fun content, up front devs, and we want to be able to plan accordingly. If the devs what to run their game like this, they at the very least can be up front about it instead of sugar coating and in some cases straight up lying about their intentions in regards to these future events.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    They'll probably post Revan's kit tomorrow night just before CG goes home. Which will probably start another round of complaining but this time it will include those who have Traya led arena squads. Jedi Knight Revan's kit will probably be so OP, that a fervor of buying crystal and packs for the toons needed. Will result in SWGOH out selling Call Of Duty Black Ops IV this weekend. ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Atlas1 wrote: »

no, they are still trying to get it approved to be released this week.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I have no plans to try to get revan this time around. That being said they are asking the community to spend alot of money on this character. It would be nice if people knew what they were getting before dropping the cash.
  • nottenst wrote: »
    The event will probably come back in three months. Introducing it now lets people know what it is and they can try a phase or 2. Only a true mongo-whale will be able to get through it this time. This is good. But we all now have a road ahead if we want to get Revan the next time or the time after that. Hardly anyone will be way ahead of anyone else here at this moment.

I think it was 6 months in between heros journey before. SO expect February return

Actually CLS was 140 days between and JTR was only 3 months. If anything the cadence is projecting less time (tho based on just 2 HJs so large area for change).
    Also I’ve calculated that it’s entirely fesable to get ready within the next two months if you’ve been farming any of the toons already thus far.
  • KahVen03 wrote: »
    nottenst wrote: »
    The event will probably come back in three months. Introducing it now lets people know what it is and they can try a phase or 2. Only a true mongo-whale will be able to get through it this time. This is good. But we all now have a road ahead if we want to get Revan the next time or the time after that. Hardly anyone will be way ahead of anyone else here at this moment.

I think it was 6 months in between heros journey before. SO expect February return

Actually CLS was 140 days between and JTR was only 3 months. If anything the cadence is projecting less time (tho based on just 2 HJs so large area for change).
    Also I’ve calculated that it’s entirely fesable to get ready within the next two months if you’ve been farming any of the toons already thus far.

I'd easily be ready with a month. Could like be finished if it was pushed back 2 weeks.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I have no plans to try to get revan this time around. That being said they are asking the community to spend alot of money on this character. It would be nice if people knew what they were getting before dropping the cash.

100% agree. trying.
  • Ephran wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    there are plenty of F2P players getting Revan. They just planned accordingly. They hoarded crystals and now are spending them. It's possible.

I've been farming Bastilla since she went FTP and I don't have her 7* yet.

When it's a character that's as good as Bastilla, the "planning accordingly" they're talking about is spending your crystals on her shards in the daily Shipments area. At 80/shard, you can get a real solid jump on a character before they even hit the board.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    What silence? It's the complaining that's deafening.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    What silence? It's the complaining that's deafening.

what's a stronger word than complaining?
  • I do think some take the complaining too far but really, when even cubsfanhan and mobilegamer are in agreement with the complaints there's usually something there.

That being said i also believe CG already knows and is hopefully figuring out a balance between the fans and their sith lords (aka overhead bosses)
  • I’m excited for the event. I think we’re all glad they finally added Revan
  • They better not delay it due to all the whining. People already invested based on 10/18.
  • Please no delays
  • Gosszilla wrote: »
    They better not delay it due to all the whining. People already invested based on 10/18.

I highly doubt they would delay it. If anything they might extend it a week or 2 but i highly doubt that will happen either.
  • All these people claiming that the whales deserve everything extra because of the money they pay, think of it from this angle. A brand new game for console costs roughly 65$. I haven’t spent a lot on this game but I’ve spent more than that. This game has considerably less content that a console game with less features and they make a ton of money each month. Well over what it costs for upkeep. It’s insane that they continue this money grab. You think the developers didn’t know how this release would be perceived? They knew exactly how 90% of the community would react and they still did it. They don’t care about the middle of the pack. Just helping the whales and screwing the FTP
  • I would have opened the wallet for 5* as I have done in the past, but I will sit this one out, my enthusiasm dropped as I watched the gamechangers videos, when the hypemasters are discouraged, says more than I can in any post.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Approved from where?