Revan event gear requirement

2Next

Replies

• I'm going to have Zaalbar and Mission Vao both Gear 12 and Zeta'd (F2P) for the second go-round, but honestly the Zetas for Jolee, T3-M4, and Bastila probably won't help much since they help specific factions that aren't Old Republic (meaning highly situational).

If it's like past Hero's Journey events I would aim for Gear IX / X at the very least. Mission Vao's Zeta would probably help immensely when Zaalbar has retribution up, but hard to say. The other Zetas seem kind of "meh" though.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm going to have Zaalbar and Mission Vao both Gear 12 and Zeta'd (F2P) for the second go-round, but honestly the Zetas for Jolee, T3-M4, and Bastila probably won't help much since they help specific factions that aren't Old Republic (meaning highly situational).

If it's like past Hero's Journey events I would aim for Gear IX / X at the very least. Mission Vao's Zeta would probably help immensely when Zaalbar has retribution up, but hard to say. The other Zetas seem kind of "meh" though.

You likely won’t need any zetas, but maybe Mission (her Zeta is more important for TW anyway). I’d wait on Zaal while you let us Krackens figure it out on the 18th.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    I'm finalizing this now (can't give exact details, apologies). I'll see if Crumb can reveal the targets before the event drops. I can say that like the Chewbacca event, I put the recommended gear tier directly into the descriptions of each tier so you should know your baseline once you can play.

Thanks for the information, this sounds a lot like G12 on the final tier, otherwise I don’t think you’d be bothering to differentiate the tiers. It’s a 7* unlock, so anything short of completing the event 100% is essentially worthless.

I think this will be the whale event to end all whale events, no punches pulled.
    I'm finalizing this now (can't give exact details, apologies). I'll see if Crumb can reveal the targets before the event drops. I can say that like the Chewbacca event, I put the recommended gear tier directly into the descriptions of each tier so you should know your baseline once you can play.

Full respect bro. Thanks for your answer.
  • Before I start the road to unlocking Revan with a circa £1000.00+ spend can CG give me an idea of what gear lvl the 5 (3 useless) toons will need.
    I cannot put into words how annoyed I would be if I paid the £1,000.00+ to 7* the 5 toons, too then only find that a very, very high gear lvl was also needed.
    Just an indication would be helpful please.
    Ty in advance.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

Thanks for the information, this sounds a lot like G12 on the final tier, otherwise I don’t think you’d be bothering to differentiate the tiers. It’s a 7* unlock, so anything short of completing the event 100% is essentially worthless.

I think this will be the whale event to end all whale events, no punches pulled.

Well, as I read it, the requirements will be laid as it was in Chewie event, not the same requirements for even itself... kinda... I pray ... or I just wasted alotta mon >.<

You are my new hero man (lot more than Revan).
    Huge respect to you for coming forward for the players !
  • swgohevents.com has the event listed as "Gear X Recommended". They had the Thrawn event listed as Gear VIII minimum, which is truth. Not sure how they sourced that information, for what it's worth. Seems sort of reasonable except for the abundance of callers. But, we still have 6 or 7 Pit raids between now and the end of the event, so anything's possible.
  • Til the event drops just hoard all gear I guess. We don’t even know if all 5 toons are needed for the entire event, like Vet Han and Old Ben in the previous heroes journeys, so putting gear on everyone might even be a bigger waste of resources.

I will say this tho, T3 is fun with the JTR droid squad. And Zalbaar/Mission work really well under Zader at least in P1 of a T6 STR.

The only one that I can’t find a use for is Jolee.

If people spend all this money and then g12 and all the zetas are required and people can’t unlock Revan, then I’m definitely going to stop spending money cuz who knows how long the road ahead truly is.

I’ve been trying to think of how to even recommend this game to a new player and I’m having a hard time figuring out why anyone would even start playing right now.

I’m like 20 shards away from having everyone for the event but gear levels are no where near g12. So after all that I might not even unlock him.
  • thatguy181
    128 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Fingers crossed we can get at least a vague comparison of the expected gear requirements in comparison to Chewbacca BEFORE the event itself gets here...

Specifically the tier 7 requirements. Ultimately the only one to gear/grind for. Huge bonus points if you even went so far as to tell us what characters would be used on the final tier, but I realize you're probably not going to be that generous prior to the event.
  • I've usually found that recommended, isn't. I'm pretty sure I get horrid RNG most of the time in this game, but at the same time it plays too much into the Chewie event. If you had Bossk, then not so bad. So, for those that might have a chance this time (all you big ol' krakens who make more in a month than I do in a year.), hopefully it isn't an RNG fest that requires obscene luck. lol

I only need 36000 crystals and about 1200 shards for this crew to unlock this Jedi Revan. So, maybe the third time? Tough to say since I have about 45 other characters to work on at the same time.
  • Palanthian wrote: »

Not G12. Difficulty is around other Journey events, but as always your mileage may vary depending on how you play. Zaalbar auto-taunting also means that he probably needs some more survivability then other characters (either from a zeta, Jolee healing him a lot, etc...) for the final tier. Also, each tier has some pretty great rewards aside from shards so that if you can't get all the way to 7* it doesn't feel like you got nothing. For example, tier 1 awards 15 salvage pieces of all Rancor gear, tier 2 awards 15 salvage pieces of all AAT gear, and there's other things in there like omegas and zetas.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
    Palanthian wrote: »

Not G12. Difficulty is around other Journey events, but as always your mileage may vary depending on how you play. Zaalbar auto-taunting also means that he probably needs some more survivability then other characters (either from a zeta, Jolee healing him a lot, etc...) for the final tier. Also, each tier has some pretty great rewards aside from shards so that if you can't get all the way to 7* it doesn't feel like you got nothing. For example, tier 1 awards 15 salvage pieces of all Rancor gear, tier 2 awards 15 salvage pieces of all AAT gear, and there's other things in there like omegas and zetas.

Thanks a lot for the information, really appreciated

Why would zaalbar even be at the final stage if its a heroes journey?

That dosen’t make sense to the kotor game..
  • Gamorrean wrote: »

I mean....I always took him and canderous with me on the star forge at the end. He’s a beast.

This event is not an exact retelling of Knights of the Old Republic. It isn't a "Hero's Journey", it's a "journey-like" event recounting some major beats of the Jedi Knight Revan playthrough of KotoR. I can't go into details without spoilers (which I want to avoid) but it will make sense when you can play it.

Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member

Thank you for this!!!! As for other events where I didn’t have Gear 12 setup in advance. Everyone is gear 8-9 with stockpiling gear and once the full rollout is seen will up the gear of those needed and 4.5 zetas on standby and gonna assume min 2 and probably 3 needed for Revan after the event so will use sparingly.

Now we just need the kit reveal ; ) ; )
    Gamorrean wrote: »

This event is not an exact retelling of Knights of the Old Republic. It isn't a "Hero's Journey", it's a "journey-like" event recounting some major beats of the Jedi Knight Revan playthrough of KotoR. I can't go into details without spoilers (which I want to avoid) but it will make sense when you can play it.

okay, just wish I could play it lol
  • GunsAtFour
    364 posts Member
    edited October 2018

This. This guy gets it. This is how to talk to your player base. EA/CG, Give this man a pay rise he deserves it.

@CG_CapGaSP you are the best brother!
  • Revan plus rewards... def worth it now vant wait gonna swap mods and go them all g10 ish except zaal lol but maybe with sick mods or great raid rng next few days
    Gamorrean wrote: »

okay, just wish I could play it lol

Dont we all.
  • How long will the event run? I know the precedent is 1 week but we've broken all precedent with the farming times so thought I would check...
  • DavieJG wrote: »
    How long will the event run? I know the precedent is 1 week but we've broken all precedent with the farming times so thought I would check...

7 hours.....