[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

• Hate to break it to you "WHALES" gloating on here you dont keep the game free. First it has been proven that the dolphin crowd produces more money overall then the 1% whales. Secondly this game has been bought and paid for a year ago with the money spent on it. The money made in that time could pay the developers salary and keep the servers running another 10 years.

*News Flash*

You arent keeping it free you are just lining their pockets now so they can buy boats and whatever other little toys they want. So quit with the " We keep the game free crap! Motto
  • I don't understand it at all... Warrior is right. He said the same as I in the Thread that has been deleted. Push the event for 2-4 weeks, make the players happy and get a lot more money... This decision is just absurd...
  • Atarius
    86 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    TBH I don't get it, I (mostly) OK to be Jedi-Knight Revan to be a Hero Journey. As many posted befor I bet he is needed to get Darth Revan. So it is similar to what we know:

5 Rebels to get Emp
    4 Empire + Emp to get R2
    R2 + specific Toons to get CLS

so

5 light Old Republic Toons to get Jedi-Knight Revan
    5 dark Old Repulic Toons (HK-47, idk) to get Malak (idea)
    Jedi-Knight Revan, T3-M4, Malak, HK-47 + idk to get Darth Revan (idea)

So nothing really changed to get toons. Sure most won't get it on the first run (or you spent a lot of money), but guess what, we are not supposed to get it on the frist run. The shocking truth is, they want us to spent our time (or a lot of money).

Anyways, I will farm these toons (maybe spent some money to buy packs) and get him in 3 to 4 months.

May the force be with you.
  • CapnJack81
    100 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Atarius wrote: »
    TBH I don't get it, I (mostly) OK to be Jedi-Knight Revan to be a Hero Journey. As many posted befor I bet he is needed to get Darth Revan. So it is similar to what we know:

5 Rebels to get Emp
    4 Empire + Emp to get R2

so

So nothing really changed to get toons. Sure most won't get it on the first run (or you spent a lot of money), but guess what, we are not supposed to get it on the frist run. The shocking truth is, they want us to spent our time (or a lot of money).

Anyways, I will farm these toons (maybe spent some money to buy packs) and get him in 3 to 4 months.

If r2 had been a hero journey you'd be 100% accurate but... he was legendary and he was also a 5* unlock.

In the cls and jtr heros there was already the base hero in the game so that's where the confusion comes in if this is the hero type or legendary or a new worse type
  • As someone already said, if you want a character the 1st time around pay for it, on the other hand plan and farm patiently.
    I'm really only interested in whether it would, yet again (looking at you - Chewie), require g12, all zetaed toons for it?
    That would be super lame...
  • It would have been nice to get Revan the first time but I dont see that happening and I knew it would be the case, but I thought it would be for malak and I decided to stay on target and keep on gearing IT/phoenix, so its on me for not doing what I had a feeling would happen with KOTOR and when they became farmable I almost dropped everything to after them, which it might have been enough, but then it might not have been.

I would rather farm KOTOR slowly and get Revan the second time. I am double farming Bastila from DS/PVE fleet battles and then when she is done I will do the same for Jolee and maybe zaalbar, but thankfully he is LS and not DS so I am farming T3 as well from the cantina and 3 KOTOR at the same time.

If there was a pack with a guaranteed 330 shards for each KOTOR toon, or all 5 in one go I would likely buy it, but not when its 10-330 shards and only a 50 shard guarantee as it wont help at all. I want to believe I would get 330 the first spin of the wheel, but that will never happen.

One of my guild mates pointed out that it made it really easy to stay on target and he is right. I stick to star farming KOTOR and gearing phoenix.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Hellios wrote: »
    As someone already said, if you want a character the 1st time around pay for it, on the other hand plan and farm patiently.
    I'm really only interested in whether it would, yet again (looking at you - Chewie), require g12, all zetaed toons for it?

They should require g12.5 and zetas to get Revan. If you want a character 1st time around, pay for it, right?
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you "WHALES" gloating on here you dont keep the game free. First it has been proven that the dolphin crowd produces more money overall then the 1% whales. Secondly this game has been bought and paid for a year ago with the money spent on it. The money made in that time could pay the developers salary and keep the servers running another 10 years.

*News Flash*

You arent keeping it free you are just lining their pockets now so they can buy boats and whatever other little toys they want. So quit with the " We keep the game free crap! Motto

I would like to see your proof of this.
    The reports that I have seen on mobile games speak of 0.15% of players generating over 50% over the total revenue.
    Now, I don't argue that this might skew game balance in ways that are bad or even unethical, but I think you overestimate the impact of dolphins.

Also, I think it's actually a blessing that Revan is this hard to get. His impact will thereby be limited, and he is very free to play accessible given some time. I actually think this is better than giving us a month or two month warning, as that would cause many people to spend resources on things they shouldn't.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Hellios wrote: »
    As someone already said, if you want a character the 1st time around pay for it, on the other hand plan and farm patiently.

They should require g12.5 and zetas to get Revan. If you want a character 1st time around, pay for it, right?

Yeah i love how people are saying you should have to pay for shards to get revan but if the gear requirements are high they'll be mad. What an oxymoronic statement.
  • Has there been anything yet as far as an address over this situation? Whether you hate this or are ok with it, clearly this is causing a ton of discussion. I'm just surprised they haven't said anything yet. The NS Nerf wasn't nearly this bad, and they said something pretty quickly.
  • Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    Cossin wrote: »
    Rauksul wrote: »
    ...Every Hero's Journey Event...

Every.. like... you know... two Journeys? :D
    I have 2 cases supporting my theory, where is your foundation of theory?
    That's how that's how logic works and even some courts. Those two Hero's Journey Events established a precedent, by wording 2 special events like that the same way before. Why should I assume it is different without proof?

For me it is, until confirmation, Schrödinger's Event. We lack the info to decide whether it is a legendary or hero. Which is business and working, but in my opinion bad business that ruins reputation and especially credibility.

Schrodinger? Really? Oy. If you actually read the post, you would know it's not a hero's journey OR a legendary event. It's a new, unique event (yes new happens sometimes. Shocking, I know). How logic actually works, begins with true premises. I suggest you start there.

Show me your proof as nothing indicates what you're implying. Previous new features/events have been announced, explained. Jango's Event was just "somewhat special" but they explained before what's happening there, why and that it will not be a new standard, etc.

My points are valid by any logical measure, as the truth of it can be deducted by logic and is established by previous cases inside this very game.
    IF this event is something new it is unprecedented compared to all previous cases of "new, unique" events and they are moving outside the previously known. What you're stating is a hypothesis, what I provide is a theory. Both could be wrong ;-)
  • CapnJack81 wrote: »
    Atarius wrote: »

5 Rebels to get Emp
    4 Empire + Emp to get R2

so

If r2 had been a hero journey you'd be 100% accurate but... he was legendary and he was also a 5* unlock.

In the cls and jtr heros there was already the base hero in the game so that's where the confusion comes in if this is the hero type or legendary or a new worse type

Ahh, thats why the fuzz is all about ...
    Are you ready to face the dark side with Jedi Knight Revan? You will need the following characters at 7 stars to complete the event and unlock a 7 star Jedi Knight Revan:

Starting Oct 18th, you will need the following characters at 7 stars to complete the event and unlock a 7 star Jedi Knight Revan: Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, T3-M4, Mission Vao and Zaalbar

Maybe they change it that you need 5 Stars to get him ... since you have always needed 7 stars toon to get the 7 stars hero, legendary

• I think they don't know what to say, essentially.
  • really sad for the decision of EA of giving Revan only for p2p gamers, me and other members of my guild are thinking about quitting
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    One good thing for Devs:
    They know ppl are very passionate about their game, so ppl like the content

But
    With such attitude of bringing legendary marquees(It's really p2p legendary) ppl are gona leave, even some dolphins

Mb it's not so critical in global perspective, but the more ppl there is, the more interesting it is. And even whales and krakens are human beings(they really are humans), that like chatting with fish of different scale.

I'm not saying Legendaries should be easy obtainable like Chewbakka, but at least somewhat obtainable with triple-quadruple refreshes since announcement
  • An ancient journey of money-grabbing. Your journey. You're so frustratingly predictable. What was it some month ago? We will stop with marquees we don't want you to play a game of this type we will release some easy to get character. And then? Chewbacca, the hardest event in the game but hey, it's free! You just need free chars! So it's friendly! You even managed to make it extremely hard just to add that little money grabbing and frustration you need to add to everything you release since quite some time, it can't be an easy and open event right?

With this revan, you clearly showed all of us that there's no limit to the lowness you can reach. And this is particularly dangerous. We'll see how it develops, brace yourselves for another meta destruction which will require another bunch of marquees and other money-grabbing to be fixed.
  • In the past I have been very very close to having enough resources to get Jedi Rey or whatever and been tempted to buy some crystals or a pack to get me over the hump.

This time it is so laughably impossible for me to get Jedi Revan this go round that it makes it easy to ignore. I'll add the non Bastilla KOTOR toons to my farm list and catch it on the flipside without any compulsion to pay $$ for a thing.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    FrankBuio wrote: »
    really sad for the decision of EA of giving Revan only for p2p gamers, me and other members of my guild are thinking about quitting

I am seeing the same around me and this is actually what makes me very angry.

What is astonishing too is the silence for almost 48h ... nothing !
    Spooky !
  • shb
    49 posts Member
    You know I read a lot of posts here about f2p this, whale that, p2p yada yada.

I am not f2p, nor am I a whale. I am a player who has freely spent money to get what I needed to to complete content. However that was always on the reasonable side for my tastes. With Revan being one of my favorites i was prepared and willing to pay more than I ever have. But I've looked at this from every angle I can see and the price is just unreasonable. I predicted revan, I spent 50$ on the initial bundles to get a head start, saved crystals and unloaded them as soon as bastilla and jolee hit shipments, and started burning all the energy on them once they were added to nodes. And it wasn't enough, though I didn't expect it would be enough. I expected to have to pay some money to complete it... but this amount is unreasonable.

I think the thing that's upsetting me the most is:
    I was able to get CLS
    I was able to get JTR
    And now apparently ... idk

But I do not think I am alone. Talking with guildmates, some of the most upset are those that had access to the past Hero's journey characters, those that were ready to spend and invest who do not really have that option available this time because it's just to expensive.
    Is our money not good enough anymore?
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    JK_47 wrote: »
    All these people claiming that the whales deserve everything extra because of the money they pay, think of it from this angle. A brand new game for console costs roughly 65$. I haven’t spent a lot on this game but I’ve spent more than that. This game has considerably less content that a console game with less features and they make a ton of money each month.

I did just want to put out there an opinion I have on this.

I don't spend on SWGOH (last pack was the first run of JTR for vets last year) but I do think this game can deserve more funds than a console game. I have an Xbox One, and a handful of games that I've purchased, plus Game Pass - and I probably spend 100x more actual time on this game than I do on any of those console games. Not saying this is a better game than any of the games I own, but the accessibility of it and the content that keeps me engaged is enough to say that if I was paying a subscription to play, or had to buy it, I wouldn't feel ripped off.

A lot of people like to compare console games vs mobile games for this type of argument, but realistically when was the last time you fired up your xbox while in the bathroom, or as passenger on a long car ride. Both have value, and I'd argue for my lifestyle a mobile game with good content (which this game is) deserves more than a restrictive game that I can only play at certain times of day, in only one specific place, etc.

EDIT: I also want to point out that the Switch is a good merge of the whole console vs. mobile thing, and definitely I think the future of console gaming. But that won't really work until I can do the same games on my phone - hard to sneak a switch into a meeting at work, but no one thinks twice about a phone.
  • EA/CG do not fold to the pressure of the people who want free rides. You are doing this right. I have seen hundreds of claims that people won’t pay and those people already have changed their minds and have the toons ready thanks to the 700 crystal packs. Usually complaints at this level mean it’s a toddler who really wants a new toy. They kick and scream and yell because they can’t control their emotions over the new shiny toy. Stay strong in your plan and it will pay off.
  • I already spent money on the packs because I needed them based on the advertised timeline. If the timeline is altered then I along with many others will ask for and get refunds.
    ācιßösöχ

Join the official Grand Arena Discord Server
  • TC_CrunchyCookie123
    53 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Plain and simple.. CG is a business here to make money and they are going to make a good deal of it on revan. If you think they should make a toon of this magnitude available without spending money you are ignorant or a child. If you want Revan the first time around then quit complaining and open your wallet. Otherwise just keep grinding and you will get him the second time around.
  • Say something I am giving up on you.
  • Oh look, another of these.

bylvtvjlh3au.gif

Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Are you saying that Emperor Palpatie, Grandmaster Yoda, Thrawn, Chewbacca, R2D2, BB8, CLS and JTR are of lesser magnitude than Jedi revan? Those were all atainable on release without spending.
  • They will make money but they would have made the money from the whales and krackens anyways. They are leaving the Dolphin money and bellow on the table pushing thos out 2 weeks earlier and dangling the carrot to far away.
  • They said when the event starts not when it’s ends.
  • Padas wrote: »
    They will make money but they would have made the money from the whales and krackens anyways. They are leaving the Dolphin money and bellow on the table pushing thos out 2 weeks earlier and dangling the carrot to far away.

You have no basis to your argument and are piggybacking on warriors assumption that they would make more money if the pushed this out two weeks.. CG knows what they are doing.