Happiness/Anger aside...where's the Revan kit reveal?

Prev1345
Flame war aside (for the record I think Revan is being rolled out perfectly), when do we get to see the kit?

If there is to be a panic farm/buy (and there is) we should know what we are sinking game and real life resources into.
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• Germi
    553 posts Member
    I think they are still working on it lol.
  • Germi wrote: »
    I think they are still working on it lol.

Lol! Maybe. I think a week out they are pretty finalized, though.
  • Perhaps afraid to reveal it for fear of further backlash if it doesn't warrant the $100-$1000 required? Especially since people dropped money without knowing it...
  • Kyno said in the megathread that he's trying to get them to release it sometime this week.
  • Considering the event is "this week" that might be wise.
  • If it was rolled out perfectly people would know what they spending on and the kit would have been revealed with the announcement.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Considering the event is "this week" that might be wise.

The Chewbacca reveal was the saturday before the event but i have a feeling they will wait till a day or 2 before on this one.
    Considering the event is "this week" that might be wise.

And technically the event is next week.
  • Ya their silence is starting to become deafening.
  • It's starting in 6 days, apparently. And we've heard zero other than "we'll put the recommended gear levels in each tier like Chewbacca"
    It's starting in 6 days, apparently. And we've heard zero other than "we'll put the recommended gear levels in each tier like Chewbacca"

I'm not defending just repeating what was said in the megathread. With the high price tag and small window to farm they should have done the kit reveal and told everyone what gear was needed when they made they announcement.
  • Javin37 wrote: »
    If it was rolled out perfectly people would know what they spending on and the kit would have been revealed with the announcement.

Just confirms he seek to make people mad, just like in the mega thread...
  • Kyno said in the megathread that he's trying to get them to release it sometime this week.

Isn’t kyno just a mod? He can’t do anything other than that.
  • thatguy181
    128 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Basic - Deal 20% of target's max health. If target is Sith, 200%. This attack can't be evaded. Works on raid bosses where applicable.

Special 1 - Forget About It - Perform a thorough Jedi brainwashing on target toon, reducing them to level 1, gear 1 and forcing them to level up back to their old standards.

Special 2 - Embrace the Light Side - Dark Side gives old man wrinkles. Icky! Restore 30% health and protection. Grant all Jedi allies 150% Protection Up based on Revan's health. This Protection Up can not be dispelled.

Leader - Increased "Revanue" - Huge Christmas bonuses for all CG employees. Oh yea, also activates the leadership skills of all allied Jedi or Old Republic toons. In addition, while Revan is active Old Republic Toons have 75% more offense and 30 Speed and (zeta)The opposing team had 30% less speed.

Unique 1 - Purple Saber Mastery - You wield a purple saber. You're a god! +50% Crit Chance, +30% crit damage. (Zeta)If allied with or facing anyone with a purple light saber, immediately deal 3000% damage to them at the start of the match, consuming their health, protection, and soul. You're the only purple one here.

Unique 2 - Pay To Win - If Revan is somehow killed, he is immediately revived with double stats. (Zeta)If Revan can not kill someone on his next turn, the effect repeats until he scores a kill. All stat gains are kept indefinitely and remembered into your next match.

Unique 3 - Let's call it a tie - In the event of a Revan vs Revan match, the player account with the most cash spent wins.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Kyno said in the megathread that he's trying to get them to release it sometime this week.

I can ask, and also be super annoying.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Kyno said in the megathread that he's trying to get them to release it sometime this week.

I can ask, and also be super annoying.

lol :D
    It's starting in 6 days, apparently. And we've heard zero other than "we'll put the recommended gear levels in each tier like Chewbacca"

I'm not defending just repeating what was said in the megathread. With the high price tag and small window to farm they should have done the kit reveal and told everyone what gear was needed when they made they announcement.

What tiers, there is only one tier?
  • At this point, it’s gonna be a tough reveal no matter what. Too powerful, everyone whines about how the game is just for whales and threatens to mass quit. Not powerful enough, well then now you’re **** off paying customers who’ll feel they’ve been hoodwinked.
    The next problem, how long to wait for the falcon? Too soon and you’re gonna have just as much over saturation of legendaries as you did marquees. Not soon enough, everyone gets bored and leaves the game...just in time for SWGOH 2!
  • Darthsetty99
    255 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Flugsvamp wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

The only tier thats gonna matter is the last. If you can't beat it you don't get revan. So knowing what gear will be needed to complete the event would help people gauge wether or not to spend on the event.
  • Flugsvamp wrote: »

The only tier thats gonna matter is the last. If you can't beat it you don't get revan. So knowing what gear will be needed to complete the event would help people gauge wether or not to spend on the event.

This is true. Nobody cares if Tier 1 can be beaten by level 50 7* chars in Gear 5 :P It's all about what it takes for the last tier, the actual unlock.
  • It is quite possible that the kit hasn't been finalized yet - they maybe trying to make it more appealing after all the backlash.
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Javin37 wrote: »
    If it was rolled out perfectly people would know what they spending on and the kit would have been revealed with the announcement.

Just confirms he seek to make people mad, just like in the mega thread...

Sure, buddy.
  • Roguetechna
    138 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    thatguy181 wrote: »

This is true. Nobody cares if Tier 1 can be beaten by level 50 7* chars in Gear 5 :P It's all about what it takes for the last tier, the actual unlock.

In fairness, and has been stated elsewhere, there isn't really much likelihood the event will be very difficult, on the grounds that there is no synergy between the team. Bastila is the only lead, and only really helps Jolee, but T3, Zaalbar and Mission aren't touched by her leadership.

So really, this is more likely to be a pretty straightforward experience. Of course this is entirely subjective and theoretical, but still seems true. CG only cares that we get the characters.... Thats where they make their money, and if we do that, we get Revan.
  • RawdSW wrote: »
    It is quite possible that the kit hasn't been finalized yet - they maybe trying to make it more appealing after all the backlash.

I'm hoping they reveal it today but you could be right.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited October 2018

Which is precisely why they don't release the recommended gear levels (it would dissuade spending), but they ~should~ release his kit to get people hyped (which will increase spending, and then for those who pay for the KOTOR toons, they'll be pot committed once his event drops and they have to spend more to unlock him.)

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    That would be so crazy if people dropped hundreds to get all the OR heroes to 7* and the last few tiers were hard like Chewie. Forums are already pretty heated, that'd be like tossing gasoline on it. So I can't imagine it being that hard. Still, details would be great - kit, gear level to complete the last tier, etc.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • thatguy181 wrote: »

In fairness, and has been stated elsewhere, there isn't really much likelihood the event will be very difficult, on the grounds that there is no synergy between the team. Bastila is the only lead, and only really helps Jolee, but T3, Zaalbar and Mission aren't touched by her leadership.

So really, this is more likely to be a pretty straightforward experience. Of course this is entirely subjective and theoretical, but still seems true. CG only cares that we get the characters.... Thats where they make their money, and if we do that, we get Revan.

That very well might be the case but alot of people (myself included) laughed at the idea of a legendary requiring g11+ would happen before the chewbacca event based on previous events. My fear is that a already tense situation will get much worse if a bunch of people who spent hundreds to get these toons to 7* find out the day of the event that they have to take these toons to g11 or possibly g12 to have a chance of beating it.
  • thatguy181 wrote: »

I hope you're right. I know the team as a whole doesn't synergize will, but that certainly wouldn't prevent them from simming hundreds/thousands of sims to see how tough they can make enemies for a set of G12 OR toons.

I'm not putting any faith in them, nor am I even going to consider buying any packs until I have some sort of idea.
  • My guess is that its going to be really bad kit.
  • shb
    49 posts Member
    He's got a similar kit to a magikarp.
This discussion has been closed.